Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers (779 Views)

Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Rip Videos / Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Create A Forum / Website Reviews Of Nigeria Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers by Nobody: 5:52am On May 27, 2012
Pls can someone tell SUNNEWSONLINE.COM to use an unlimited bandwidth, this is a major cause of their website being down all the time. kudos to the webmasters for the job a little well done. yes you have made major changes to your website but come on Sun Newspapers you need bandwidth. i think ur registrar (directnic.com) is ripping u off. with what you pay, you will get unlimited from the big boy registrars
Re: Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers by yawatide(f): 11:33am On May 27, 2012
I actually don't like their new layout (as of yesterday). Compared to the old one, I prefer the old. They have been down for at least a week. When you don't see the "new website coming soon message", you will see a combination of "file now found" or "unauthorized access". Very annoying. I only return because they have good news.

I am thinking of giving them one more week before like Daily Independent news website, I add them to my ban list cool
Re: Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers by soloqy: 4:43pm On May 27, 2012
oluwa12002: Pls can someone tell SUNNEWSONLINE.COM to use an unlimited bandwidth, this is a major cause of their website being down all the time. kudos to the webmasters for the job a little well done. yes you have made major changes to your website but come on Sun Newspapers you need bandwidth. i think ur registrar (directnic.com) is ripping u off. with what you pay, you will get unlimited from the big boy registrars

I think their problem could be that the old site was running on flat files(no database). Just plain static test posting/adding of news so it could be hosted on any shared /reseller hosting . I think since they migrated to a data-based cms(Drupal I suspect), the site has had to make repeated calls to the database hence an increase in resource usage resulting to the constant break down.

Now they will get to see what the rest (Guardian, Vanguard, Businesday, Thisday) spend on hosting every year. smiley

They will need to get a solid dedicated server to run their website as the site generates huge traffic.
Re: Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers by moderattor: 7:00pm On May 27, 2012
Nice upgrade.
Re: Pls Can Someone Tell Sun Newspapers by yawatide(f): 1:22pm On May 28, 2012
Since I can't create new topics (I keep getting "unexpected error". . .since yesterday), I will create a new, related topic here:

na wa o! No more than 2 days ago, we were discussing sun news. Today, I am talking about punch. Please visit their site and see the "maintenance" message: http://www.punchng.com/

I must confess, the page is pretty cool (they even have a dynamic clock that tells you when they "hope (I could go on another tangent about this but I will hold back for now cheesy)" to be back) but why must you bring down the whole site just because you want to perform maintenance? Have they thought of those that could jump ship because of this delay?

Common sense would dictate that they use the old database to host news on a subdomain/subfolder, redirect traffic there and do their performance work on the root. Then once everything has been tested, they push stuff, including redirecting traffic back to the root.

Now, I am 2 sites down when it comes to where I go daily for news. Na wa o!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Network Is More Better For Mini Cyber Cafe / Many Questions: Anwsers Please / Nigeria Stock Exchange API - Getting Market Facts For Symbols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.