Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? (106552 Views)

Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. / List Of Lucrative Farming Businesses To Venture Into In Nigeria / Is Fish Farming Really Profitable? Truth Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by jmoore(m): 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
Any catfish fingerling seller in aba here?

Please, how many catfishes can one raise in a plastic tank(about 20,000 litres capacity)
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 8:19am On Feb 14, 2013
I sell catfish fingerlings here in lagos, and I deliver around nigeria at a cheap cost, you can call. Me on 08053018934. For the plastic tank, are you sure its 20000ltrs, cos normally the tanks comes in 1000ltrs, 1500ltrs, 2000ltrs, 3000ltrs, and 4000ltrs, a 2000ltrs. Can contain 250 to 350 fishes from fingerlings to table size.
jmoore: Any catfish fingerling seller in aba here?

Please, how many catfishes can one raise in a plastic tank(about 20,000 litres capacity)
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by jmoore(m): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2013
aquatic1: I sell catfish fingerlings here in lagos, and I deliver around nigeria at a cheap cost, you can call. Me on 08053018934. For the plastic tank, are you sure its 20000ltrs, cos normally the tanks comes in 1000ltrs, 1500ltrs, 2000ltrs, 3000ltrs, and 4000ltrs, a 2000ltrs. Can contain 250 to 350 fishes from fingerlings to table size.

It seems I made a mistake with the capacity. Maybe it is 2,000 litres.

delivery from lagos to aba, don't you think it will be better for me to seek a closer source considering the cost of transport and conditions the fingerlings will face in the long route.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 9:45am On Feb 14, 2013
I won't tell u not to get it close by in aba, but we package the fish well when sending to different location, and the fish don't feel stressed. How many fish do you want, because we don't send less than 1000pcs.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by jmoore(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2013
My budget is to start with 250pcs
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by niyeee: 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
What local feed do you recommend to reduce the cost of feeding the fishes?
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by ndioyem: 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
Whatever you say, some pple are still in the business. It all depends on what you have flair for. Have u ever been to Zartech fish farm b4. Omo, just go there you will shake. My advice is to get a professional/mentor around you as u explore the business. The best way is to smoke your fish and export. that is the best market strategy. you will make a minimum of 70% of ur investment dt way provided u rear it in a professional way. Go here to meet other successful fish farmer and buyers: growcatfish.com/forum

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote author=ndioyem]Whatever you say, some pple are still in the business. It all depends on what you have flair for. Have u ever been to Zartech fish farm b4. Omo, just go there you will shake. My advice is to get a professional/mentor around you as u explore the business. The best way is to smoke your fish and export. that is the best market strategy. you will make a minimum of 70% of ur investment dt way provided u rear it in a professional way. Go here to meet other successful fish farmer and buyers:
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
from my quote of ndioyem,it is vital b4 U go into fishfarming or even if u are into it with less experience to network with CAFAN,There is every possible to meet experience hands to help,even if u are to pay,it is better than to fail,have a great weekend
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by phillip001(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
[quote][/quote]Some of nairalanders are not useful anymore; people here are just full of shits,
If you want advice on anything plz don’t come here, everyone is just trying to make money, why can’t there be good detailed information on farming, and I mean a true picture of it. Why can’t one get good info without having to call anybody?
If I want to start catfish farming 4eg I should be informed on the cost implication and expected income, that is why we are family and not one consultant telling you that you can make millions over night.
We are so corrupt. tongue embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
@philip001,when making views it is faulty to generalise,if u want info,it takes humility to ask & not think when u make comments,info will come,iam an exception by d grace of God & so i blieve many others too.i always say ask on my post anything,whether concernin my post or those by grace i hav helped.let me help u a bit for 1000 fishes after 4-5,u make at least profit of 150K(when u hav structure)
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by CapodeCapouti(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by robonski15(m): 6:43am On Apr 04, 2013
Fish farmers and aspiring ones should read this..

https://www.nairaland.com/1240657/hidden-truths-catfish-business
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2013
For the month of may stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 50,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.7kg) and female ( 2.2kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.

1 Like

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
Check the link below for different pictures about catfish farming (especially for intending farmers) its gives you some pictures about the business.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1035201809009.2007269.1494386621&type=1&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5889412693788703596%3Amf_story_key.-7119817469265347401
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by zogo(m): 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fish farming is good but huge capital intensive.

You can also try Heliculture (Scientific Snail Farming) as the farming is less capital intensive but high profitability on yearly bases.

From our years of experience in the business, we have put together all you need to know to get started imidiately with Snail Farming right from the comfort of your home & on part time bases.

See details & table of content of our info here: www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8

This is the way ararat nigeria enterprises is helping the intending farmers and establish farmers with a give away price seminar.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
we have 70,000 pure dutch fingerlings for sale,we can deliver anywhere,except areas prone to crises,bred from large broodstocks CALL 08035335647(Also on WHATSAPP),08028919405 & 08055613682, solomonsgn@yahoo.com
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by aquatic1(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
10 days to go

CATFISH FARMING SEMINAR
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES

invites you to a one (1) day full practical seminar on investment opportunities in catfish fingerlings production.

TRAINING OBJECTIVES
1) Catfish Fingerlings production and hatchery management
2)Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE
1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR
* To see and know how to perform the hatchery on your own
* Free guidelines on catfish fingerlings production
* free testing of your water
* how to extract the male sperm without killing the fish
* how to remove the pituitaries gland from the skull and use to inject
* how to hatch up to 20,000 fries
* free testing of your water pH ( bring your water when coming)
* 10% discount if payment is made
before the date of the seminar

Venue: abeokuta exp way ilepa akokan bus-stop, by oloruntoba estate ifo, ogun state
Time: 10am
Date: saturday 10th august 2013

For enquiry
Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123 or bb:25F845B8
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by yemiakeem: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
For ur fast growing catfish seeds contact Haykay farms @ N0 3, Olisa street behind st patrick catholic church Ikija ijebu Ogun state. yemiakeem20@gmail.com, 07038458563,08032500818 & 07058783845. products available thru out d year
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by NaijaPress: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
I have taken my time to go through the root post and comments that followed. I wouldn't disagree with anything that has been said already, but as an individual who wants to go into a particular business, one should understand tha cost of setting up a business and also understaÑding the viability thÉ business.

Fish farming is not a business you just jump into alas you can check to see if you'll be satisfied with what you'll see here -
http://www.naijapress.com.ng/fish-farming-feasibility-study-fish-farming/

I believe it will be valuable for the serious minded that want to go into fish farming business.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by solaceFM(m): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please am thinking of running a fish pond in Sapele delta state,is anyone here close to me that I can meet personally for updates? And I will like to know the necessary vaccinations and medications, and the vary time to vaccinate and medicate, and how much total will it cost me to run 500pcs of fish, and where can I find juveniles to buy in sapele or anyplace close to sapele,.

My Regards
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by giftiy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2014
interesting comments. I have B.agric (animal science) an presently running an MSC. I want to put it to you all that agriculture is not for everybody.is just for this with patience. it is try that the manual sellers makes too much notice just to sell their copy and print books, but which ever way u want to look at it. there is profic in it if u do it rite.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by Itydee(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
What is wrong with Nigerians?
Why must anyone call you? Why don't you share your experiences and ideas here so others might learn or start a thread?
Selfish man SMB(shaking my butt) embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
clementcro: @Mecaboy, your above analysis is totally wrong, cat fish farming is lucrative, the more you invest in it, they more you get your profit, if you invest like 2m in the establishment of the business, you can be making a minimum of 300k every month after the first 4 months of establishment of your farm.

If you need more information and how to achieve this, contact me on 08060595019
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
solaceFM: Please am thinking of running a fish pond in Sapele delta state,is anyone here close to me that I can meet personally for updates? And I will like to know the necessary vaccinations and medications, and the vary time to vaccinate and medicate, and how much total will it cost me to run 500pcs of fish, and where can I find juveniles to buy in sapele or anyplace close to sapele,.

My Regards
calculate like 250 naira per one, no vaccine needed, no drugs if u practice sound water mgt, though u can aid them with livestovit & aquapro for enhance growth, aim not in your territory, just to aid u with a bit of valid info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
giftiy: interesting comments. I have B.agric (animal science) an presently running an MSC. I want to put it to you all that agriculture is not for everybody.is just for this with patience. it is try that the manual sellers makes too much notice just to sell their copy and print books, but which ever way u want to look at it. there is profic in it if u do it rite.
pls it interest me to know what u have learnt, thanks
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
For starters, 1st_seek practical hands-on experience b4 venturing, and then get a free hand-helping consultant to see u throught out d actualization of your first sales/havesting. 2nd_quality breed stock matters alot, cuz not all breeds can tolerate high stocking density or your best bet is to maintain a manageable stocking rates per pond space. 3rd_having ready & reliable source of water; and channeling for simple pond drainage and refilling techflow is highly important, and so it is for kick-starting your business on juveniles outsourcing cum procurement. 4th_among the various method of pond constructions; concrete pond is still the best, pond treatments before stocking is highly recommended: depositing like 75kg of poultry manure and lime wastes into pond filled with water , by this way leaving it all out to ferment for 3days after which these debris are drained out and pond rewashed then later refilled with cleaner water upon the arrivals of the juveniles. Thus, u must have proper local drainage system that will empty d debris content out to a simple lid-cover dug pit within ur farm and make an improvisal shedstand to prevent direct sunlight to ur pond. 5th_adopt a quality feeding regime in the first 2 and a half months then flow it up with customize feeds mixing within ur farm and also embrace steep vermacultural practice n inclusion on their feeding dietary like once in every 3 days; and at these sensitive stage, their water must be changed on every other day. Lastly_marketing and fish sales; its advisable to sell your havest directly to consuming public so as to offset ur total investment cost/ let me explain more here- there are 3 proven methods to market ur products<i> frozen catfish sales via mobile refrigerated vans poising at strategic locations in the city(already the fish are well freezen at its frozen location b4 being conveyed by mobile van to the point of sale. <ii>curled n smoked-dried catfish packed or stacked on small handcrafted trails displayed in the open markets<iii>live fresh catfish on a sealed enmass on a bath trough and with your weighing kilo pan; and conspicous ad banner stating ur product price per fish per kilo. Note, which ever method u choose, dnt ever try to feed ur fishes continuously as if u will never market them especically when they have reached marketable tablesizes stage. That is a business lesson for eveyone that will be interested in dz line of trade, as continuously feeding dz mature folks will still incurr further cost n expenses; in this way digging a hole in your net profits evenually. DISCLAIMER: this is not a get-rich quick scheme but a rather systematic ideology that these business venture will continue into the forseeable future; and it is best advisable to start at a turn-over batch by batch level; like a business initiative u can choose to adopt a bi-monthly harvesting policy, in these case one will need a few helping hands on monthly payroll; therefore, ur havest outputs, good managerial discipline cum marketing strategies will speak the volume in your pocket. For more free infos u knw where to find me. (even pikin wey dey chop garri wit okra soup b4 going to school, still look healthy like ajebutter kid with lunchbox ganished with indomies n chicken lap.) wat i mean is u can spend hell n dry on imported feeds but when compared to locally sourced methods, the only difference cant be out-ruled.
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
I m open to contrusive criticisms and comments for new business prospects
Re: Is Fish Farming As Lucrative As People Make It ? by ultrazone(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2014
If you need to empower yourself in fish and poultry farming free, I suggest you take a look at my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Beginning A Small Scale Snail Farm / General Market/food Price ( weekly Update )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.