Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' (37958 Views)

Anambra University Renamed After Ojukwu / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Applicants For 2012/2013 .check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by brabus(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2012
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tpia5: 6:17pm On May 29, 2012
brabus: [size=18]Emergency General Meeting!!![/size]

Calling on all the Alumnis of Abiola Group of Schools.

* MKO Abiola Pry School Adatan, Abeokuta
* Salawu Abiola Sec Sch Osiele, Abeokuta
* Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta,
* Moshood Abiola University, Lagos

There will an emergency meeting at MKO Abiola Stadium, off Abiola way, Abeokuta on 12 June, 2012.
All alumni, abiola babes and boys coming from Lagos should assemble at our liason office 1, Kudirat Abiola way, Oregun Lagos or MKO Abiola Gardens, Lagos.

Be Punctual!

is lagos going to be annexed to ogun state or what exactly?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by IYANGBALI: 6:17pm On May 29, 2012
[quote author=didigor]Did the UNILAG, now MAU, ASUU chairman actually call the president and his decision stupidd? shocked total lack of respsce for authority. Is that what he teaches his students? No wonder they are protesting.[/quote gbenu e dake jo
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 29, 2012
fluxbush: am stil waitin for u to enlighten me on dis 'glory'.am vry proud of my alma mater but if d gov changes it anyday,hw does dat translate in my lyf?wen u go for job interviews,do dey give unilag students special treatment?if u must knw,u al r arrogant pple who carry on on empty pride.imagine d comments made by pple suggesting dat osu shud ve bin renamed,lyk unilag is 'unrenameable'.mtchewww....if u guys dnt ve anytin constructive to do wit dis fyn day,i stil pray dat motor go jam una.
@ floxbush are you plain moronic or are u just psychotic? What is with he motor go jam rubbish? I would recommend nairaland taking an IQ test of prospective members. Did you go to college at all? You are the definition of dumb, not Jonathan.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Olaone1: 6:32pm On May 29, 2012
MAU ke? Reminds me of Kenya and Ngugi wa Thiong'o's book: Weep Not Child.

The Kenyans tried to stop the Brits with their Mau Mau revolt/rebellion or something.

The first Mau Mau led to the killings of many Kenyans.

GEJ is on what they now call 'cruise control' in politics.

LMAO
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by fluxbush(f): 6:51pm On May 29, 2012
cryptic:
@ floxbush are you plain moronic or are u just psychotic? What is with he motor go jam rubbish? I would recommend nairaland taking an IQ test of prospective members. Did you go to college at all? You are the definition of dumb, not Jonathan.
lmaooo...dude,u jus had a carryover in ur test.two extra yrs recommended.cnt even spell my name correctly.mtchewww...
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 29, 2012
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Monjerk: 6:56pm On May 29, 2012
GEJ has come again, what has Abiola done to this country that qualifies him to be immortalise with this great school. Now am begining to see reasons many nlanders are always calling you names.
Anyway one of his name was not included,
MAU instate of
MAKU meanining Moshood Abiola Kashimawo University. maku in yoruba language means ......?
very soon when Ibori will be release from jail and we will have James Ibori University Abuja.
GEJ??[b][/b]
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 29, 2012
fluxbush: I am stil yet to grasp d 'real' glory of unilag.If there is really a 'glory',hw will the new name detract from it?All dis talk about swag is beginning to get vry irritating,as if dats wat will give u a job at d end of d day.I pray motor go jam one of the yeye protesting students so dem go rest. Na wetin sef?
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Niiade(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2012
What a good laugh today, serious matter really but nobody is making any serious efforts to change it.
All all all na talk talk talk No ACTIONS
Abegi if u can't change it go to SLEEP jare.
Serious matter una no talk well, na change of name dey arrange una.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by truetalk4real: 7:19pm On May 29, 2012
Ha tire for people is it d name GEJ change matters or d institution because I see no reason why some people should get angry because of name, d̶̲̥̅̊
o̲̣̥
п̲̣̣̥
τ̣̣̥
u no t̶̲̥̅̊
h̶̲̥̅̊
ɑ̣̣̝̇̇
τ̲̣̣̥
UNILAG self get as he be especially their girls. Anyway I ҫäп̥̥
τ̩̩̥
blame some people τ̲̣̣̥
h̶̲̥̅̊
є̲̣̣̣̥
ÿ̲̣̣̣̥
r not yet born during june 12 so τ̲̣̣̥
h̶̲̥̅̊
є̲̣̣̣̥
ÿ̲̣̣̣̥
will find it difficult to understand what its takes, ABIOLA is an icon he tried but he failed, according to wat I heard t̶̲̥̅̊
h̶̲̥̅̊
ɑ̣̣̝̇̇
τ̲̣̣̥
Abiola betrayed Awolowo whether true or false me d̶̲̥̅̊
o̲̣̥
п̲̣̣̥
τ̣̣̥
no. May God help us all
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Is that his son, Ayo Abiola, that commented?
They look much alike, he should be
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by AlabaSlim: 7:41pm On May 29, 2012
Good 4 d change
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by publisher(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2012
[size=14pt]Here are my thoughts. The PDP has never been favorably disposed to immortalizing MKO Abiola,though the SW opposition has always demanded for it. But now,FG has gone ahead to rename UNILAG after MKO, knowing fully well that the opposition, ACN and co will protest against it. I 'think' government will still end up reversing this decision after which they will sit back and see who will ever mention the 'immortalization of MKO Abiola' again.

The only unfortunate truth here is that MKO's status as a national hero is still debatable amongst other Nigerian regions outside the SouthWest,thus the naming of a major national monument in Abuja after him may never fly.[/size]
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2012
Jonathan has once again broken his own recors by setting a world record for cluelessness. This has to be the dumbest decision he has ever taken since he assumed office. Can someone remind this guy that UNILAG has a history. You don't just wake up from sleep and change the name of a prestigious university that is over 50 years old. I think Jonathan is trying to sow a seed of discord in Nigeria. If you love MKO so much, why not name the new university in Otueke to MKO university. Why must it be a prestigious university like Unilag. The name of this school is what has endeared it in the minds of many propective students who see this school as one of status. How do you expect those kids to go about telling people that they attend Moshood Abiola University. People will probably think the school is located in Ikerre-Ekiti or in Akungba. Jeez.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2012
If una too talk Oga Retardeen Jonathan would change the name to Asari Dokubo University ADU
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva: Jonathan has once again broken his own recors by setting a world record for cluelessness. This has to be the dumbest decision he has ever taken since he assumed office. Can someone remind this guy that UNILAG has a history. You don't just wake up from sleep and change the name of a prestigious university that is over 50 years old. I think Jonathan is trying to sow a seed of discord in Nigeria. If you love MKO so much, why not name the new university in Otueke to MKO university. Why must it be a prestigious university like Unilag. The name of this school is what has endeared it in the minds of many propective students who see this school as one of status. How do you expect those kids to go about telling people that they attend Moshood Abiola University. People will probably think the school is located in Ikerre-Ekiti or in Akungba. Jeez.

God bless you. It shows our president and his advisers are completely clueless and will do anything for political gain. Well that's what you get when you elect a fisherman as president. I only hope he is not elected again cos this shows they clearly do not think when making decisions.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by olajide8(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2012
iykmora:

where this baba sala pop-out from? Mehhhn you almost murdered me with your grammar. Abegi move to the left jhooor!
Another small kid talking, I heard you guys have finally turned it into a carnival, still the same old party, party, party, in fact look at most of them under 20's protesting O! Without knowing what they are fighting for, what a shame, go and read history and become more enlightened.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by kobikwelu(m): 8:33pm On May 29, 2012
i thought all the yoruba's (no pun intended) were clamouring for immortalization of their hero..not they have given UNILAG to them , all of a sudden , where is afenifere even their leaders are taken aback by this
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Princessaleeza: 8:33pm On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

It's called immortalize and please stop acting like an illiterate ! tongue
U guys av started again,bluetooth cant u post witout insultin sm1,must u always find fault on sm1's opinion.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by emiye(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2012
How dare you rename my alma mater?

This is a GREEK GIFT by Jonathan. Did he consult the stakeholders of the school(Governing council, Alumni and students)?

He is simply playing politics, he knew the result he wanted from the declaration, and he must be quite happy sitting in one of the rooms in Aso rock villa sipping "Sapele water", and laughing really hard.

UNILAG is about the strongest brand of a University in Nigeria,The great citadel located in the cosmopolitan city of Lagos had tirelessly built a brand for 50 years. There is a lot of power in a name. Any sensible person can see through this ruse. The name UNILAG must stay.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 29, 2012
Register your disquiet here:Petition
2700 signatories and counting.

Background (Preamble):

Today GEJ announced a name change of my Alma mata, University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University to celebrate democracy day. I honour and respect MKO and all he stood for. Truly he is a symbol of democracy in Nigeria.

What upsets me is that and makes my hand quake with emotion as I write this is the hoodwinking of the polity by our 'leaders'. They have chosen to major on the minor and minor on the majors.

So this is what we can do. We can sign a referendum. By our constitution, the people can show their disagreement with a new law or policy or in this case name change by appending their signatures to a public statement. 50,000 signatures are needed.

All you need to do is like this note and write your name as your comment.

This is no disrespect to MKO but a strong message to 'them'. That we have had enough of this bad governance and platitudes. We know what we want. We may not have the power at this moment to stop them but it does not mean we are not aware of what they are doing. We want so many things. (The list is endless) but we wil start with this. Revert the name to UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS. We are tired of being hoodwinked.

UNILAG is not just a name, it is a social Identity!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/referendum-against-unilag-change.html
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by didigor(f): 9:33pm On May 29, 2012
tpia@:

what exactly is not s.tupid about this matter?

are you ok?
i am very much ok thank you. You don't call the president of your country stupid in public. Nigerians should learn to respect the office of the president. The MAU ASUU chairman is as razz as the name 'MAU'.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Emma1234: 9:41pm On May 29, 2012
Congratulation on the name change of the great University of Lagos to Moshood Abiola University. (MAULAG) and to all prospective student's of the now moshood abiola university, this is to inform you that this year's post jamb will commence soonest. For further enquiry on any information related to the school, Please call 08173940548.

No flashing please

Thank you and good luck.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by tonididdy(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2012
beleive it or not,this so called ''maulag'' will have little
or no turn out of applicants next year...anytime this
man jonah comes on air is to pull a smart one on
nigerians...jan1st was fuel,democracy day now
maulag...remember oct1st dey come...probably
increased light bills
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by dont8(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2012
dont8:
And the formal queen will be refer to as formal miss MALU, lol.
Pardon my MAULAG English! I mean former miss Unilag sorry miss MALU or is it MAU, is even confusing now.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 29, 2012
But seriously, GE modafucking J should fire his strategists and 'thinkers'. I'd cost only a 'token' to hire, but I'd surely do a better job than the overweight and over-rated oafs he relies on for strategic thinking.. How on earth could they have advised him to proceed with the fatuous idea of renaming Unilag? Not to mention doing that unilaterally without consulting with the university community? Kai.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by franktolk(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2012
In 1956 Moshood Abiola started his professional life as bank clerk with Barclays Bank plc in Ibadan, South-West Nigeria. After two years he joined the Western Region Finance Corporation as an executive accounts officer before leaving for Glasgow, Scotland to pursue his higher education. From Glasgow University he received a first class degree in accountancy. He also received a distinction from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. On his return to Nigeria, he worked as a senior accountant at the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital (LUTH).
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by cantell(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2012
tpia@:

what exactly is not s.tupid about this matter?

are you ok?
He says his president and his decision is stupid and you think it's okay?
If the president is silly, it also means his subjects are stupid too, that includes you.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by cdz: 10:54pm On May 29, 2012
Seriously, I think our politicians should show more respect for institutions that are bound to outlive them. An ivory tower is a hallowed temple of learning too high for any politician to toy with.

Besides, Making UNILAG, MAU, might just create a chink for ridicule if you insist on smuggling in 'Lagos' into the acronym: MALU (Moshood Abiola Lagos University). Scrap the new; stay with the old, please.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by AndroBlaze: 11:02pm On May 29, 2012
eGuerrilla: Register your disquiet here:Petition
2700 signatories and counting.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/referendum-against-unilag-change.html

Thank you, I have duly signed.
Re: UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' by bambuzz88: 11:15pm On May 29, 2012
[b][size=15pt] grin grin Our president GEJ (Bsc zoology,Msc Hydrology, Phd Vetinary) ,,dey demonstrate His True Kolomentality in DemocRAZy….out of al the National Insecurity problems, coupled with the struggle of the Masses crying out in the fight against the venom that corruption is pumpin in our nation at almost every angle........al the intelligent IQ(1.cool grin grin of the CPU of our president can process to mark His Democrazy one yr birthday for 9ja is " MAULAG ,,hmmmmm ... nice rhyme ...whos the nonentity that gave this skol UNILAG in the first place,,,,i will change that name so that those Lagisdi critics will know am in control ....mtcheeewww............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin pals Abeg who KOLO pass our president make him say "i was once without a shoe"...............this Mediocrity is getting too much, Abeg We need a President that can change names like Unemployment,Poverty,High infant Mortality Insecurity, Low capital Forex reserves, and so on......by profession , he shud to the zoo, gatha monkeys, gorillas, and orang ota to pratice or demostrate his mediocre governace.....spiiiiiiittttttt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Ondo School Prints Names Of Indebted Students In Magazine (Photo) / Abdulkadir Islamiyat Oluwatoyin, Best Graduating Doctor/Student In IUA, Sudan / University Of Nigeria (UNN) Direct Entry Aspirant 2014/2015 - Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.