Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 (8859 Views)

Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics) / 96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo / Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by poweredcom(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2012
Kudos to fahola for this lagosians can now enjoy traffic complains from road users
I bet the studio hotlines is gonna explode when angry. Motorist start calling hahaha
Nice one fahola don't mind dat cowboy that now turned unilag fm to mau fm now how does that sound
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by ikeyman00(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2012
@@@@@

can fash tell us how much debt he ran lagos into

and the paying back side of things
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by CyberG: 10:02pm On May 29, 2012
^^ I am sure it makes you mad that these people and place is progressing while your backwater cave you sprung from is retrogressive into the 1st century. Before you worry about this place, why not ask the foolish man you reprobates elected who has taken a $60 B surplus into a $ 60 B deficit without anything to show for it! Not even a radio station!!
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by coogar: 10:25pm On May 29, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@

can fash tell us how much debt he ran lagos into

and the paying back side of things

you are a consummate r[i]e[/i]tard!
instead of your idiotic igbo governors to borrow a leaf
of how things are done to run a state, you are busy looking
at debt......how much debt has jonathan goatluck run nigeria
to? what positive thing can you point at that he's done?
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by faragai24: 11:42pm On May 29, 2012
If you go to northern states that is when you will know Fashola has did nothing in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by babapupa: 12:19am On May 30, 2012
faragai24: If you go to northern states that is when you will know Fashola has did nothing in Lagos.

What's in the north ?
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by HighChief4(m): 2:46am On May 30, 2012
Why is it that most Yorubas always claim to be Lagosian, so the question now is who are the people from Ogun, Osun, Abeokuta, and other hinterlands in SW
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by aljharem(m): 2:53am On May 30, 2012
High_Chief: Why is it that most Yorubas always claim to be Lagosian, so the question now is who are the people from Ogun, Osun, Abeokuta, and other hinterlands in SW

does it matter, ain't we One Nigeria irrespective of tribe ?

Ideeiot
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by matoyeh(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2012
pheesayor: Live on radio and tv, fashola has just handed over a new radio station lagos traffic fm 96.1 to lagosians. According to him it will inform lagosians about traffic situations in the state and also educate lagos commutters. i love lagos for that!
Your thought on this

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/29/lagos-launches-traffic-radio-station-96-1fm/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by jason123: 1:18pm On May 30, 2012
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by jason123: 1:18pm On May 30, 2012
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by jason123: 1:19pm On May 30, 2012

Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by oseo1(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2012
i would like to ask all those who say Lagos is moving, to list the good things that governor fash has done.
if you live in the lekki axis of Lagos i doubt that you will see any improvement. light is bad, they are charging an arm and both legs for "reconstructing/resurfacing" an already existing road armed robbery and kidnappings are up. schools are getting wore by the day.businesses are packing up daily and moving out of Lagos because of the high running cost.

Yes the radio stationis a good initiative, but if you tell me there is traffic on lekki road how does that help me? what happened to the plans for a coastal highway which was supposed to be the toll road?

Don't be fooled Fashola is trying but he has not even started addressing the major issues, he does little inconsequential things that seem big but mean nothing.Typical example is the road repairs going on all over lagos, they fix the roads but do such a poor job that the roads are just as bad or worse than they were in under 3 months, its a scheme to chop money. the lagos state government has been running it for decades. I remember when i was a little younger we lived on reeve road in ikoyi and we noticed that they would fix the road in january every year but by february you would not even think they had done any work because of how bad the road would be. My mother asked a friend who was in the council office why they dont just take time and fix it well once and the lady responded "if we fix it well how will we recover from the christmas period and all its expenses"
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by jason123: 3:43pm On May 30, 2012
ose_o: i would like to ask all those who say Lagos is moving, to list the good things that governor fash has done.
if you live in the lekki axis of Lagos i doubt that you will see any improvement. light is bad, they are charging an arm and both legs for "reconstructing/resurfacing" an already existing road armed robbery and kidnappings are up. schools are getting wore by the day.businesses are packing up daily and moving out of Lagos because of the high running cost.
Power supply: That's the FG's prerogative. Although the FG has given states permission to sort out their own power supply. With time, it will get better.
Tax: Pay your tax and roads will be built! SIMPLE
Road robbery and Kidnapping: That's new in Lagos but its a nation-wide phenomenon
Schools: Private or Public?
Businesses pack up: They should if they can't afford to start up businesses in Lagos

Yes the radio stationis a good initiative, but if you tell me there is traffic on lekki road how does that help me? what happened to the plans for a coastal highway which was supposed to be the toll road?

I have NEVER heard a man in the UK say "how does information about the traffic on M1 help me?" Again, we are our own worst enemy.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by lookmangiw(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2012
faragai24: If you go to northern states that is when you will know Fashola has did nothing in Lagos.

you couldn't even express yourself without a grammatical error, foool.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by lookmangiw(m): 6:49pm On May 30, 2012
ose_o: i would like to ask all those who say Lagos is moving, to list the good things that governor fash has done.

Don't be fooled Fashola is trying but he has not even started addressing the major issues, he does little inconsequential things that seem big but mean nothing.Typical example is the road repairs going on all over lagos, they fix the roads but do such a poor job that the roads are just as bad or worse than they were in under 3 months, its a scheme to chop money. the lagos state government has been running it for decades. I remember when i was a little younger we lived on reeve road in ikoyi and we noticed that they would fix the road in january every year but by february you would not even think they had done any work because of how bad the road would be. My mother asked a friend who was in the council office why they dont just take time and fix it well once and the lady responded "if we fix it well how will we recover from the christmas period and all its expenses"

There is nothing that fashola will do for you that will satisfy you. you were born a critic and a pessimist and you will surely die as one. but one surprising thing is that people like you are the one that is singing song of praises and sycophancy to the slowpoke at the helms of affair at the federal level.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by lookmangiw(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2012
FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015. FASHOLA FOR PRESIDENT 2015.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by fm7070: 9:21pm On May 30, 2012
Idea rules the world.
Kudos to Fashola
Just that we need more than what you're doing and Lagos has the resources
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by nahinbdis: 2:11pm On May 31, 2012
Is anybody receiving signals from this station yet?

I tuned in yesterday and there was nothing on 96.1
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by HighChief4(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
nahinbdis: Is anybody receiving signals from this station yet?

I tuned in yesterday and there was nothing on 96.1

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by poweredcom(m): 4:38pm On May 31, 2012
angry

Where in the north reach lagos infact where in nigeria can bve compared with lasgidi e be like say you no dey waka na for television you dey see lagos am sure you dont
Live in lagos fashola is the best governor ave ever seen ok he has done countless development in lagos I can't name one of them is the puting of street sign so that one can know the name of streets everywhere even in the ghettos and also repairs of state and local roads and the much awaited the train construction from orile to badagry seme border and renovating of public schools plenty more I can't say
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by oseo1(m): 12:29am On Jun 01, 2012
lookmangiw:

There is nothing that fashola will do for you that will satisfy you. you were born a critic and a pessimist and you will surely die as one. but one surprising thing is that people like you are the one that is singing song of praises and sycophancy to the slowpoke at the helms of affair at the federal level.

actually you are mistaken i give credit where it is due, like i said what good is traffic information when i still have to sit in the same traffic because there is no alternate route? We are paying a premium for what you thing is improvement/progress. Like is mentioned earlier maybe in your area there is progress but in mine there is none. We are paying tolls on a road that is substandard at best. And when we chose to protest he used his thugs and police to suppress our protests. A stay of action was filed in a Lagos court and yet we still pay tolls. Look at the quality of the state schools, and see if there is any progress. I had the opportunity of visiting a few and they are a shame. Yes there may be growth in the private sector but that is not as a result of the state government. the public infrastructure is suffering, schools, hospitals, roads, everything.

You know there is a problem when the commissioner of police calls to say that robberies and kidnappings are up so you should not go out at night. If you know these crimes are up in an area is it not your job to make sure the rate drops?
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by EkoIle1: 1:21am On Jun 01, 2012
ose_o:

actually you are mistaken i give credit where it is due, like i said what good is traffic information when i still have to sit in the same traffic because there is no alternate route? We are paying a premium for what you thing is improvement/progress. Like is mentioned earlier maybe in your area there is progress but in mine there is none. We are paying tolls on a road that is substandard at best. And when we chose to protest he used his thugs and police to suppress our protests. A stay of action was filed in a Lagos court and yet we still pay tolls. Look at the quality of the state schools, and see if there is any progress. I had the opportunity of visiting a few and they are a shame. Yes there may be growth in the private sector but that is not as a result of the state government. the public infrastructure is suffering, schools, hospitals, roads, everything.

You know there is a problem when the commissioner of police calls to say that robberies and kidnappings are up so you should not go out at night. If you know these crimes are up in an area is it not your job to make sure the rate drops?

Tell us your area and I'll show you progress by the Lagos state government in your area.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by lookmangiw(m): 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Eko Ile:

Tell us your area and I'll show you progress by the Lagos state government in your area.
leave him, he is just a critic.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by ekoboy: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
Eko Ile:

1.Aguda, Surulere
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by pheesayor(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
ekoboy:

1.Aguda, Surulere
ekoboy:

1.Aguda, Surulere

Where is Eko-Ile nao
I don't believe Aguda has not seen improvement. But when govt starts demoloshing houses for proper development people will still cry foul
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by dasparrow: 1:21am On Jun 05, 2012
pheesayor: Live on radio and tv, fashola has just handed over a new radio station lagos traffic fm 96.1 to lagosians. According to him it will inform lagosians about traffic situations in the state and also educate lagos commutters.
Your thought on this

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/05/29/lagos-launches-traffic-radio-station-96-1fm/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

I have alot of respect for Governor Fashola. I wish all governors will take a cue from him rather than constantly looting the treasury and signing into law lifetime flambouyant pensions for governors like Amaechi did.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by EkoIle1: 2:45am On Jun 05, 2012
ekoboy:

1.Aguda, Surulere

1. I wasn't talking to you

2. We've posted on NR so many developments in Surulere from parks to malls and roads.

Obviously, you are not from Surulere
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by oseo1(m): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
@Eko Ile

if you read my posts you will see that I am in he lekki area.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by jason123: 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
I was in Ikeja today. The station does exist (just before you see the automedics). Guys in Lasgidi, you all should tune in to 96.1 FM to know the traffic situation in Lagos. I have been doing that (it's actually the driver) for the few weeks I have been in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by kettykin: 3:54am On Oct 20, 2012
dplordx: ive been in Lag for almost 3 weeks now, and i will say, Lekki is alot more transformed, so is most of central lagos. i think the governor is more focused on locations that provide more taxes, and areas that could call in more investment, its really difficult to develop some of the locations where hes even currently working because of the large population and horrible town planning. im really impressed and im inlove with this guy called fashola. also went to my ph, and i was a little impressed with the overhyped amaechi. so far, i score lagos higher. eko oni baje cool

Where in Lekki is transformed , is it Lekki phase 1 that is a privately developed estate or Jakande, ALso Lagos Island has always been a well tarred and cleaned place
Re: Fashola Launches Lagos Traffic Fm 96.1 by kettykin: 3:59am On Oct 20, 2012
poweredcom: angry

Where in the north reach lagos infact where in nigeria can bve compared with lasgidi e be like say you no dey waka na for television you dey see lagos am sure you dont
Live in lagos fashola is the best governor ave ever seen ok he has done countless development in lagos I can't name one of them is the puting of street sign so that one can know the name of streets everywhere even in the ghettos and also repairs of state and local roads and the much awaited the train construction from orile to badagry seme border and renovating of public schools plenty more I can't say

As far as facts are concerned there are 4 key national industries in Lagos

1. The Banking industry
2.The Telecom Industry
3.The Oil and Gas companies Heaquaters
4.The 3 Deep Sea Ports , Apapa , Warf and RORO ports

Once these industries are taken away from Lagos , Lagos will not be better than Borno State, Yorubas keep deceiving people that Igbos are thronging and Migrating to their land mean while the Government concentrated the Deep Sea ports in Lagos and has not asked the Oil and Gas company headquaters to relocate to the Niger Delta. The Banking and Telecom industry should be asked to move to Abuja by NCC and CBN which is whee the seat of Goverment is , like is done in every other country . The with the Dredging of River Niger and the construction of a deep sea port in Ibaka , Lagos can now be left to LagosiansAs far as facts are concerned there are only 4 key national industries in Lagos

I still stand by the above comment that once the Banking/Telecommunication Headquaters is relocated to Abuja , the Oil indsutry headquaters is moved to Niger Delta and The Niger Delta Deep Sea Ports become Operational, Lagos will not be better off tha Maiduguri not to talk of Kaduna and Kano.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: IPOB Defy Security Directives And March In Abuja / MSMEs: Federal Government Launches One-Stop Shop In Plateau, Seven Others Soon / It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.