Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,006 members, 7,863,634 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most (2381 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by LogicMind: 10:12am On May 30, 2012
Genesis: Where it all started. When you understand how fanciful the first book is, that should prepare your mind for the rest.
Judges: Shows the true nature of god
Proverbs: Nice reading when I'm bored. Written by a philosopher and good for meditation.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2012
emöfine2: I don't particularly have favourites...just those I'm quite intrigued by. I find Revelations to be an interesting book...another mention would be Daniel.

i see daniel and revelation is a universal favorite. nice
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2012
TheShopKeeper: Proverbs
Acts of the Apostles
Ephesians
thats a nice selection. a bit of old and new. i may have to give ephesians some emphasis as two people have already mentioned it. ahhhhh i see this beauty of this thread now, if there is a book that is widely accepted as favorite, i will go and read it all over again and try to see what others see in it.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2012
logicboy:

1) It is God's people that have been slave masters all along. Christian Europeans, Biblical Isrealites, Arab muslims [/b]etc

2) Apostle Paul is a fool by todays standards. He wrote that omen should be silent and submissive in church and he wrote that slaves should obey their masters. Why should we obey higher authority without question? So your forefathers should have remained in slavery in America and Europe? We should be obedient to dictactors like Hitler and Gaddafi? This is why secular countries of today are always better than religious or non-secular ones- in secular countries, the people protect their rights to protest and free speech against the government.
those are not [b]Gods [/b]people BUT [b]gods people. those are filthy heathens who are under the influence of seducing spirits and use these doctrines as a motive for their diabolic agenda. these are spawns of beelzebub
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind: Genesis: Where it all started. When you understand how fanciful the first book is, that should prepare your mind for the rest.
Judges: Shows the true nature of god
Proverbs: Nice reading when I'm bored. Written by a philosopher and good for meditation.
i see you have been released from the pit (BAN) from whence you have been locked down by angel Jesoul. now you have been released for a 1000 years to cause some more havoc on earth ( NL) grin grin grin Typical heathen response
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 30, 2012
Romans, Romans,& Romans grin grin
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by ijawkid(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: i see you have been released from the pit (BAN) from whence you have been locked down by angel Jesoul. now you have been released for a 1000 years to cause some more havoc on earth ( NL) grin grin grin Typical heathen response

Hehehehehehe

Logic mind is just like satan that will be released after d thousand year reign of christ to tempt d remainin ones thru d four corners of d earth b4 d final annihilation takes place......heheheheheheh

Buzugee ur so damn funny

I never knew he was banned
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2012
thanks to TheShopKeeper and ITbomb i have just read ephesians all over again. just finished reading it right now.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2012
Shollypopz: Romans, Romans,& Romans grin grin
ahhh nothing like passion. Shollypopz likes romans so much she mentioned it 3 times angry grin grin grin
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehe

Logic mind is just like satan that will be released after d thousand year reign of christ to tempt d remainin ones thru d four corners of d earth b4 d final annihilation takes place......heheheheheheh

Buzugee ur so damn funny

I never knew he was banned
LOL oh yeah he was banned by Jesoul. Thats why we aint seen his breaklight in a while now. now he has been released for a short time to go and deceive the world grin grin grin
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by LogicMind: 10:47pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: LOL oh yeah he was banned by Jesoul. Thats why we aint seen his breaklight in a while now. now he has been released for a short time to go and deceive the world grin grin grin

Buzugee, I need your help here as christians have no answer whatsoever.
https://www.nairaland.com/949996/which-light-did-god-create
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

Buzugee, I need your help here as christians have no answer whatsoever.
https://www.nairaland.com/949996/which-light-did-god-create
No problemos mi amigos and it better be no virus on that link neither angry
aiit am bout to go look into the question wink
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by sophy09: 11:02pm On May 30, 2012
I like Psalms, Proverbs and Isaiah
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 11:23pm On May 30, 2012
sophy09: I like Psalms, Proverbs and Isaiah
ooooo what do we have here. an old testament lover grin grin those are great books. those would easily make my top 6 that i read all the time. especially isaiah. that is a vast book.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by sophy09: 4:23am On May 31, 2012
I love psalms because it has songs of protection, provision, praise all wrap into it.I love proverbs because of the wise sayings and for Isaiah I love it cause of its prophecies.
I love some new testament as well because it helps my spirituality. Mostly for me I love the bible because most of the verses are prophesied into my life from the old to the new.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by UyiIredia(m): 10:48am On May 31, 2012
Genesis with its inspiring story of Joseph.
Psalms with inspirational hymns which describe reality with awe.
Proverbs with its power-packed idioms & words of wisdom
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by LogicMind: 10:50am On May 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Genesis with its inspiring story of Joseph.

I thought you don't bother yourself with the bible.
Christian hypocrites
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by stepo707: 10:52am On May 31, 2012
Acts of Apostles
Esther
Genesis
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by UyiIredia(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

Christian hypocrites

I bother myself with the Bible. Everyday, I, at the very least, meditate on a verse. I have read the Bible cover-to-cover & re-read and closely analyzed sections I didn't understand. Remember the Bible is an anthology (i.e a collection of books by different writers) so it takes time to digest it.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by LogicMind: 11:04am On May 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I bother myself with the Bible. Everyday, I, at the very least, meditate on a verse. I have read the Bible cover-to-cover & re-read and closely analyzed sections I didn't understand. Remember the Bible is an anthology (i.e a collection of books by different writers) so it takes time to digest it.

so your wise, omnipotent, omniscience god gave you a book you couldn't understand?
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by logicboy: 11:08am On May 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You mean to say that you torture logic and commonsense to force yourself to believe the contradictions and immorality in the bible?
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by UyiIredia(m): 11:20am On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

so your wise, omnipotent, omniscience god gave you a book you couldn't understand?

He or It gave me a book to understand bit-by-bit. Same as a subject. You don't learn everything at once; you learn it stepwise and as innovations come you learn the subject in new ways. Same with the Bible.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by ITbomb(m): 11:27am On May 31, 2012
buzugee: thanks to TheShopKeeper and ITbomb i have just read ephesians all over again. just finished reading it right now.
Why I like Ephesians above Romans is , like as put in Hebrews 6: 1 , lets press towards perfection, Ephesians says the fullness of the Godhead and unity of faith.
Romans , I see as soft food for repentance , faith and others.
But Ephesians is hard food for stirring men into the Fullness of Christ.
According to my Pastor Rev Ntia Ntia
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by italo: 11:54am On May 31, 2012
SIRACH, JOHN, ROMANS.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by adetunrayo(f): 5:04pm On May 31, 2012
most haters respond to all serious post?

fo me, it is :
psalms
all paul books
job
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2012
sophy09: I love psalms because it has songs of protection, provision, praise all wrap into it.I love proverbs because of the wise sayings and for Isaiah I love it cause of its prophecies.
I love some new testament as well because it helps my spirituality. Mostly for me I love the bible because most of the verses are prophesied into my life from the old to the new.
sounds like you dont need a man huh ? the bible is your man grin grin
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Genesis with its inspiring story of Joseph.
Genesis is a favorite and yet you cant interpret Genesis 1
grin grin grin hey looks like proverbs is a common favorite. i will tackle it again today for refresher.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2012
Logic Mind:

Christian hypocrites
grin grin grin i need to buy boxing gloves for you and Uyi. settle this beef once and for all. mano au mano
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 8:58pm On May 31, 2012
stepo707: Acts of Apostles
Esther
Genesis
holy crap...esther ? lol. now thats a new one. i have never in my life heard anyone quote a verse from esther. grin grin
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 9:04pm On May 31, 2012
ITbomb:
Why I like Ephesians above Romans is , like as put in Hebrews 6: 1 , lets press towards perfection, Ephesians says the fullness of the Godhead and unity of faith.
Romans , I see as soft food for repentance , faith and others.
But Ephesians is hard food for stirring men into the Fullness of Christ.
According to my Pastor Rev Ntia Ntia
you are right and because of you guys i read it again yesterday. it is also good for maintaining a marriage in the holy way. how to treat your spouse and whatnot. most importantly for me though, ephesians emphasizes what i have been saying all along which is CHRIST DIED TO UNITE JEWS AND GENTILES UNDER THE LAW. this is the primary purpose.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by LogicMind: 9:06pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: holy crap...esther ? lol. now thats a new one. i have never in my life heard anyone quote a verse from esther. grin grin

here:
Esther 9:5-17

5 The Jews struck down all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying them, and they did what they pleased to those who hated them. 6 In the citadel of Susa, the Jews killed and destroyed five hundred men. 7 They also killed Parshandatha, Dalphon, Aspatha, 8 Poratha, Adalia, Aridatha, 9 Parmashta, Arisai, Aridai and Vaizatha, 10 the ten sons of Haman son of Hammedatha, the enemy of the Jews. But they did not lay their hands on the plunder.

11 The number of those slain in the citadel of Susa was reported to the king that same day. 12 The king said to Queen Esther, “The Jews have killed and destroyed five hundred men and the ten sons of Haman in the citadel of Susa. What have they done in the rest of the king’s provinces? Now what is your petition? It will be given you. What is your request? It will also be granted.”

13 “If it pleases the king,” Esther answered, “give the Jews in Susa permission to carry out this day’s edict tomorrow also, and let Haman’s ten sons be hanged on gallows.”

14 So the king commanded that this be done. An edict was issued in Susa, and they hanged the ten sons of Haman. 15 The Jews in Susa came together on the fourteenth day of the month of Adar, and they put to death in Susa three hundred men, but they did not lay their hands on the plunder.

16 Meanwhile, the remainder of the Jews who were in the king’s provinces also assembled to protect themselves and get relief from their enemies. They killed seventy-five thousand of them but did not lay their hands on the plunder. 17 This happened on the thirteenth day of the month of Adar, and on the fourteenth they rested and made it a day of feasting and joy.
Re: Which 3 Books In The Bible Do You Love The Most by buzugee(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2012
italo: SIRACH, JOHN, ROMANS.
this is another HOLY CRAP moment for me. i dont know that many nigerians that read or even know about the apocrypha. 'sirach or ecclesiasticus' is a favorite book of mine in the apocrypha. in the apocrypha i lean towards sirach, maccabees and esdras.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SHOCKER!!!! We Heard Prophet Ajanaku Voice- Neighbours!!! / Trouble In Catholic Church / Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.