Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,775 members, 7,866,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents (7857 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents / Ex-Presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Adegokenath(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2012
[quote author=AyoJames]What is wrong with Aregbe, how do people think sometimes, he won but was never sworn in, is that man ok?[you are fool 4 insulting my governor/quote]
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by wakeupgian(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2012
Those of you who are making disparaging comments about M.K.O should watch their mouth.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by ola4yinka(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2012
Was he an Ex- President ?...mycheeeeew
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by greatgod2012(f): 9:14pm On May 30, 2012
oh my god! how come dis man became gov of a state, judging him wit ds kind of utterances, na wa o!!!!!!!smbody who was nevr sworn in, o ga o, naija pple
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 30, 2012
What do you expect from a rascal. Aregbe is an idiot. He would have said they should make him a saint or ex un president. And this mugu is an elected governor. Mumu in the highest order. What can you expect from a he-goat: keeping beard like an extremist
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by abubaka101: 9:26pm On May 30, 2012
Thats a "treasonable utterance"!
Abiola won the election in '93, we all knew that!
But he was never sworn in!!
The reason why Abiola went to prison was because he claimed to be the president, when a coup had already been staged (Abacha)!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 30, 2012
Adegokenath: you are fool 4 insulting my governor
Should I start a scene of throwing abuse with you, no I won't. I pray you win your Visa lottery and go show oyinbo how pathetic you can be.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 30, 2012
Aregbesola should shut up and face the problem of Osun state
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by LogicMind: 9:32pm On May 30, 2012
Yoruba brain at work
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by princeonx: 10:01pm On May 30, 2012
Makes no difference even if you name him the 13th deciple of Jesus!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Tropilo(m): 10:32pm On May 30, 2012
careytommy: He was never sworn so..... Permission Denied! cool

Yes! He was not sworn in but, what is that "kpomo" faced inconsequential Shonekan doing there. Can't they replace him with MKO by some mago mago anyhow?
That's one man that is enjoying MKO's legacy for nothing.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 30, 2012
He remained "president elect" till death, what is wrong with Aregbe. Ok we agree to include him
Obasanjo: President May 29, 1999 - May 29, 2007.
MKO: President from when till when.
TRASH.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by mbhs139(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2012
ifihearam: What rubbish
Is the immortalisation not enough for u guys?

You see! Can you see what GEJ has caused?

He has made the gesture looks more like a percifciation for the yorubas or the south-west. it looks sectionalised and tribalised.

If he had done something in abuja, that would have been better ... but look at it now.

By the way, what is wrong in declaring him the president posthumously? If anyone thinks or feels he shouldn't be declared the president posthumously, then we presume he didn't win the presidency in the first place and may not need to be immortalised.

But if actually he's the acclaimed winner like everyone has been saying, they declaring him president or naming aso rosck after him would have been an honour befitting of teh sacrifice he made fir the nation. naming a school after him, particularly in the south-west is belittling his contribution to our 'democracy'

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by AnotherOkija: 11:04pm On May 30, 2012
Why should we listen to anything this guy says?! He looks like a former NURTW president... grin

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by koruji(m): 12:11am On May 31, 2012
To all those condemning Aregbesola I say you need to learn to think through what you hear or read.

Our current, herd-like thought process is leading Nigeria nowhere, and you would think that people would realize that our basic problem is a lack of deep reflection.

The logic of Aregbesola's proposal is sound:
1)If Abiola won a free-and-fair election;
2)The election was illegally cancelled;
3)The man died (actually was killed) before he had the chance to actualize his mandate;
4)If we all recognize the validity of his mandate, then we can declare him an Ex-President posthumously.

You would think from some of the assinine comments that I have read here that things are never done post-humously. In reality, we make awards and give out positions post-humously all the time, without "requiring the recipient to fulfill protocol" at all costs. It is symbolic, and speaks to how much we wished we had honored that person when they were alive.

Can you imagine someone calling the statement "treasonable"? No wonder Nigerians will likely remain in the bondage of 419 rulers for ages to come.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Gov. Aregbesola said. Afterall, this is a nation where political thieves continue to roam our streets, receiving pensions after overthrowing our legitimate governments, stealing votes and all manner of evil that ensures that a nation will never measure up to its peers.

This does not mean that everything Aregbesola says or proposes would be correct, but if you are paying good attention to his thought processs and motives you will understand why he says what he says. The sad thing about Nigeria is that this is the kind of deep, non-conventional thinking that we need to change our rotten system.

Gov. Aregbesola, please carry on - nothing do you.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by koruji(m): 12:14am On May 31, 2012
MKO: President (post-humous)

Get it?

It is symbolic, a recognition of what he achieved, and our regret at wasting more than a decade and badly factionalized nation because we didn't.

It is called innovative thinking.

salaksmana: He remained "president elect" till death, what is wrong with Aregbe. Ok we agree to include him
Obasanjo: President May 29, 1999 - May 29, 2007.
MKO: President from when till when.
TRASH.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by olaheavy: 12:39am On May 31, 2012
Certain Yoruba nairalanders are pathetic 'omo ale' (bastards). You're all idiotic cowards as the Igbo cannibals always refer to you. Shame on all of you oloriburuku, olosi. Why must you join the Igbos in their show of lunacy? Yeah, so they don't start calling you 'Yoruba' or whatever derogatory insults those human-flesh-eaters from the accursed East are won't to call you. Shame on you, fools!

@the scum-of-the-earth Igbos, I know you guys to be self-centered, evil and jealous. You hate us with a passion, yet majority of Igbo population anywhere in the world has always lived in Yorubaland. I'm not talking about Lagos State alone -- I mean, you cannibals are ubiquitous in Yorubaland. You yinminrin Igbos are like the annoying cockroaches - you're everywhere! Okay, why do you 'enjoy' residing in the midst of us Yoruba when you always hate on us, oppose us, backstab us and compete unfairly with us? I think you can't answer these questions honourably without interjecting that your sorry-ass retort: 'what happens to one Nigeria?' Or, as you shamelessly like to put up a feeble defence: 'as 'citizens' of Nigeria we can live anywhere we choose.' Shame on you aj'okuta ma mumi! The idiotic protest at the MAU was championed and orchestrated by Igbo bastard kids. Ever since the Hausa/Fulani killers railed on you and massacred thousands of you yinminrin infidels our Western region has continued to witness mass influx of the Igbo refugee/evacuees. But, I got a bad news for you, we Yoruba will soon descend on you Igbo cannibals to maim, crush and massacre you wimps in your millions unless you begin to leave our lands now. Igbo maggots, f.uck the hell out of the Yorubaland and back to your caves in the accursed Bight of Biafra! Re.tarded assholes!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by olaheavy: 1:21am On May 31, 2012
And some masanfaani Igbo yinminrin called what Gov. Rauf Aregbesola said 'treasonable' -- whoa! What a r.etard! Now tell us, what could be more treasonable than what oloju rangandan Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu did by taking the nation through a ruinous 3-year war of attrition? What could be more treasonable than what eleti gbogada bi eti erin (elephant ear) Nnamdi Azikiwe did by his Machiavelian way to disrupt our Western Region by leaving his devilish Igbo East to contest an election in Ibadan and his evil orchestration of cutting the Midwest away from the core West? What could be more treasonable than what that criminal-minded international arms dealer Arthur Nzeribe did with his illegal organization, ABN? Wasn't this old Igbo swine the architect of what Nigeria is going through now? Wasn't this Igbo fool together with his ABN the tool used by the diabolical Babangida to thwart the Nigerian people's mandate? Wasn't this same Nzeribe Igbo agama lizard the one that kept going to court to 'sue' Babangida so as to not give power to MKO Abiola? What could be more treasonable than what the duo of Igbo elderly fools, oburewa (ugly beast) Chukwumerije and olorinla (big head) Akpamgbo did to stymie the peaceful existence of our polity during the ignoble regime of Abacha? Igbo aj'eniyan (human eaters) are now talking about 'treasonable' offence -- wonders shall never end.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by TolaniLuv: 4:07am On May 31, 2012
olaheavy: And some masanfaani Igbo yinminrin called what Gov. Rauf Aregbesola said 'treasonable' -- whoa! What a r.etard! Now tell us, what could be more treasonable than what oloju rangandan Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu did by taking the nation through a ruinous 3-year war of attrition? What could be more treasonable than what eleti gbogada bi eti erin (elephant ear) Nnamdi Azikiwe did by his Machiavelian way to disrupt our Western Region by leaving his devilish Igbo East to contest an election in Ibadan and his evil orchestration of cutting the Midwest away from the core West? What could be more treasonable than what that criminal-minded international arms dealer Arthur Nzeribe did with his illegal organization, ABN? Wasn't this old Igbo swine the architect of what Nigeria is going through now? Wasn't this Igbo fool together with his ABN the tool used by the diabolical Babangida to thwart the Nigerian people's mandate? Wasn't this same Nzeribe Igbo agama lizard the one that kept going to court to 'sue' Babangida so as to not give power to MKO Abiola? What could be more treasonable than what the duo of Igbo elderly fools, oburewa (ugly beast) Chukwumerije and olorinla (big head) Akpamgbo did to stymie the peaceful existence of our polity during the ignoble regime of Abacha? Igbo aj'eniyan (human eaters) are now talking about 'treasonable' offence -- wonders shall never end.
olaheavy: Certain Yoruba nairalanders are pathetic 'omo ale' (bastards). You're all idiotic cowards as the Igbo cannibals always refer to you. Shame on all of you oloriburuku, olosi. Why must you join the Igbos in their show of lunacy? Yeah, so they don't start calling you 'Yoruba' or whatever derogatory insults those human-flesh-eaters from the accursed East are won't to call you. Shame on you, fools!

@the scum-of-the-earth Igbos, I know you guys to be self-centered, evil and jealous. You hate us with a passion, yet majority of Igbo population anywhere in the world has always lived in Yorubaland. I'm not talking about Lagos State alone -- I mean, you cannibals are ubiquitous in Yorubaland. You yinminrin Igbos are like the annoying cockroaches - you're everywhere! Okay, why do you 'enjoy' residing in the midst of us Yoruba when you always hate on us, oppose us, backstab us and compete unfairly with us? I think you can't answer these questions honourably without interjecting that your sorry-ass retort: 'what happens to one Nigeria?' Or, as you shamelessly like to put up a feeble defence: 'as 'citizens' of Nigeria we can live anywhere we choose.' Shame on you aj'okuta ma mumi! The idiotic protest at the MAU was championed and orchestrated by Igbo bastard kids. Ever since the Hausa/Fulani killers railed on you and massacred thousands of you yinminrin infidels our Western region has continued to witness mass influx of the Igbo refugee/evacuees. But, I got a bad news for you, we Yoruba will soon descend on you Igbo cannibals to maim, crush and massacre you wimps in your millions unless you begin to leave our lands now. Igbo maggots, f.uck the hell out of the Yorubaland and back to your caves in the accursed Bight of Biafra! Re.tarded assholes!

Oga Ooo. Your Father is a Bastard. I don't think you have a common sense. A common sense is what people said, MKO was never sworn IN as president. So , why would his name be on the list of Ex president?Oloshi ni e ni? BTW, I am a Yoruba man.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 4:11am On May 31, 2012
Aregbesola na big tym fuckup and a floop to southwest... Where is it done? No swearing no staff of office and no power.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by StarrMatthieu: 4:57am On May 31, 2012
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by ZUBY77(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2012
ex president of ?
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by ceejayluv(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2012
olaheavy: Certain Yoruba nairalanders are pathetic 'omo ale' (bastards). You're all idiotic cowards as the Igbo cannibals always refer to you. Shame on all of you oloriburuku, olosi. Why must you join the Igbos in their show of lunacy? Yeah, so they don't start calling you 'Yoruba' or whatever derogatory insults those human-flesh-eaters from the accursed East are won't to call you. Shame on you, fools!

you seriously need to ged laid... Konji bad ooooo
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by emmasege: 9:42am On May 31, 2012
aregbe is a disgrace to us S/westerners. His utterances and disposition are unbefitting of the yoruba race. i've seen good working relationships between GEJ/FG and other ACN governors- oyo, ogun, lagos and edo, but i noticed aregbe never sees anything good in the FG. Doesn't he know that "mo ja mo sa la fi nmo akinkanju loju ogun" i.e. a valiant man is that which knows when to fight and when to retreat. pls help me appeal to the bigot not to infect us with his "oriburuku" and extremism in osun state.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by PointB: 10:14am On May 31, 2012
When morons and rascals become state governor, what more can one expect.

Aregberascal's suggestion is as stoopid as the the guy looks!
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by rubi96(f): 12:01pm On May 31, 2012
i wont be surprised one morning to hear that the military has taken over again. grin grin grin
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 31, 2012
olaheavy: And some masanfaani Igbo yinminrin called what Gov. Rauf Aregbesola said 'treasonable' -- whoa! What a r.etard! Now tell us, what could be more treasonable than what oloju rangandan Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu did by taking the nation through a ruinous 3-year war of attrition? What could be more treasonable than what eleti gbogada bi eti erin (elephant ear) Nnamdi Azikiwe did by his Machiavelian way to disrupt our Western Region by leaving his devilish Igbo East to contest an election in Ibadan and his evil orchestration of cutting the Midwest away from the core West? What could be more treasonable than what that criminal-minded international arms dealer Arthur Nzeribe did with his illegal organization, ABN? Wasn't this old Igbo swine the architect of what Nigeria is going through now? Wasn't this Igbo fool together with his ABN the tool used by the diabolical Babangida to thwart the Nigerian people's mandate? Wasn't this same Nzeribe Igbo agama lizard the one that kept going to court to 'sue' Babangida so as to not give power to MKO Abiola? What could be more treasonable than what the duo of Igbo elderly fools, oburewa (ugly beast) Chukwumerije and olorinla (big head) Akpamgbo did to stymie the peaceful existence of our polity during the ignoble regime of Abacha? Igbo aj'eniyan (human eaters) are now talking about 'treasonable' offence -- wonders shall never end.
so much vile in you. This will not even cause the smallest igbo man to sneeze. Grow up kid.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by maigaskiya1: 1:41pm On May 31, 2012
maclatunji: List Abiola among Nigeria's ex-Presidents - Aregbesola

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria to include the late Politician, Business man and philanthropist, Bashorun MKO Abiola as one of the country's past Presidents.

The governor yesterday urged President Gooadluck Jonathan to go beyond the renaming of a federal varsity after the late Abiola, but acknowledge his victory in the June 12, 2003 presidential election.

Aregbesola, while expressing his position on the renaming of University of Lagos (UNILAG) as Moshood Abiola University, said enlisting the late politician as a former President would help.

The governor said: “What could permanently heal the wounds of the incarceration of Abiola and the brutalisation of his supporters is to officially recognise the fact that he won the presidential election of June 12, 1993 and accord him posthumously all the rights and privileges associated with the office.”

Aregbesola, who spoke through his media director, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, said the late Abiola won the election decisively, noting that it was bizarre the manner the winner of an election could be subjected to the degree of humiliation Abiola suffered until his eventual death.

His words: “While acknowledging the fact that Abiola deserves the honour. We must not forget the need to recognise his victory. The fact that the Federal Government has eventually honoured him with this renaming of the University of Lagos is an admission of the fact that Abiola was unjustly denied his victory.

“If that is the case, then I urge the Federal Government to go the whole hug to recognise his victory, according him, all the rights due to the office of the President of Nigeria posthumously.

“This is the only way to heal the wounds inflicted on Abiola and the brutalisation of the psyche of the Nigerian people.”

http://ascology.com/news/local-news/24892-List-Abiola-among-Nigerias--Presidents---Aregbesola.html
oga wit due respect sir are u high or just incredibly stupid.apologies 2 all ekiti pepl
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Ayorh4you(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2012
I'm nt suprised by his statement. Aregbe is so sick, confused, crazy n nids Gods help. Wat gud do u expct frm a terrorist n sickler lyk him? He beta go die. I hate dat asshole. Òde, Agbaya, oniranu, alaré, oponu, olodo lyk hm
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by porka: 5:10pm On May 31, 2012
Ejiné: You may win an election; but you'd have to be sworn in first before you could be called a "president".
And it's embarrassing that a man in such a sensitive position in Nigeria's polity isn't aware of this.

My brother, you don't know these people. The same guy, I mean the same Rauf Aregbesola will question the "decision" and/or the "timing" when/if his wishes are carried out, he will come and demand that the United Nations Headquarters should have been named after him instead, since it was Kofi Annan who last visited him. Just watch out! I have predicted this current imbroglio for years, I'm happy it's happening in my own life-time.
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by Tropilo(m): 6:21pm On May 31, 2012
ZUBY77: ex president of ?

Eh! Ex President of Osun na, as MKO was Aare onakankafo in Ife.
Afterall, Aluwe in one of his comedies said "ehn if i no pay tax and dem send me comot Nigeria, i go go Oyo go siddon".
Re: Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents by valdubem(m): 8:07pm On May 31, 2012
kai,,,,yoruba people too dey mis yan. Ndi Ofe mmanu,,,ndi nzuzu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Prisons In Norway And Sweden. No Jokes!!! / Supplementary Elections: IGP Deploys 5 DIGs, 3 AIGs, 15 CPs / NNPC Remits N1.26 Trillion To Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.