Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (129139 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Do You Deal With Your Childs Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by laralash: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
I've just done it for my 14mth old daughter and I've done several times before for her and my little cousin. When you have a child that's struggling to breathe or can't eat simply because of a blocked nose you wouldn't think 2ce. I end up catching a cold when she has it which I think must be due to my sucking their noses with my mouth. But I'd do it over and over again. And those infant nose suckers just don't work or at least the one's I've tried.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by gentleone(f): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
umm, let every intending mother beware o, u'll have to do it at one point or the other if ur baby has catarrh.

I use to say I couldn't do it but when my mum left and my husby was not around, I just had to do it! I almost threw up though but then the feeling passed and today, its no big deal for me at all.

so long the baby has catarrh and cannot blow his/her nose, u've got to do it!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by feyijumm: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2010
Mucus what's the big deal? Ve done for countless of children but blood related
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Fhemmmy: 2:51am On Jan 09, 2010
Yes, i will do it without thinking 2ce, that is my child we talking about . . . . .how kool do i wanna look, when i cant do such.
How about when the child put something in his or her nose, wont u suck it out?
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 09, 2010
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by dominique(f): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2010
for prople like me that easily get irritated, its an sbsolute no no tongue
my bf said he has delicate skin as a child and tissues and hankies used to irritate his skin. so his mum used to suck out his mucus. he also told me that i'll also be doing that if our kids are like that and i'm like; oh hell noooooo!!! tongue maybe i will when the time comes
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mamagee3(f): 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2010
That's utter disgusting. sad
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mohawkchic(f): 3:59am On Jan 11, 2010
~I had to smile at all the "Eew,It's Gross!/Disgusting!" comments b/c i was just like that! The first time i saw my Nana doing it to my baby brother I was She looked at me,smiled & said "i use to do the same for your Mam,your Sis, Bro & You. . .& you most likely wud too for your own child!"

~It was one of the most repulsive thing i cud imagine doing! Me?! Suck Snot?! Fast forward Child-Woman-Mother. . .I did suck Snot!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by FBS: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2010
@Topic.

Yes and I did.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ubiaa5(f): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2010
No big deal.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Rehana2: 12:47am On Jan 13, 2010
At bedtime bath if my babies had a heavy cold and struggling to breathe propertly I would do this, then spit and rinse my mouth out quick, then with care leave some menthol drops on their vest front to make inhale when they go to sleap and help clear them. Not nasty done for love.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by otilowaju(f): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2010
Suck mcus out, so what?
I used to think I never would be able to until I had my baby recently. Initially the 'waiting' couple next door used to take turns to do it until shame catch me one day and I had to bring myself to doing it and (though my husband makes fun of me and the naughty little one also laughs at me) it has become part of me. So let the unmarried ladies never say NEVER!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by djcrucifix(m): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
hell no! iyama undecided shocked
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Fhemmmy: 1:17am On Jan 18, 2010
djcrucifix:

hell no! iyama undecided shocked

If u see our child's life passing before your eyes, i am sure you will change your mind.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tunnytox(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nothing spoil i still do this for my little girl of 20 months cos i love her to bits i can't allow her to suffer just becos of mucus cool
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by platinumnk(f): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
tunnytox:

Nothing spoil i still do this for my little girl of 20 months cos i love her to bits i can't allow her to suffer just becos of mucus  cool

thats nasty, so u urself get sick? get one of those squeezing things
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tunnytox(m): 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
platinumnk:

thats nasty, so u urself get sick? get one of those squeezing things

is that a mucuos extractor? may be i'll find out from the chemists, i have never bother before now, but i don't think that will make me sick though cos i seem to have much better immunity than my kids may be becos i grow up in Naija
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by meexteriox(m): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2010
What is wrong with that? This is Africa for crying out loud.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by rickie4us(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
yes
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by cibilola(f): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
i did something similar for my youngest step-brother when my mum had to go into the hospital for an operation and he was only 8 months. I blew air in one nostril and the mucus came out of the other, then he was able to sleep. . My step-dad refused to i do it. I was just 14 years then and was totally fine with it. . . undecided
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by DeepSoul(f): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
Did it a couple of times with my youngest brother when he was a baby and yuck! It tastes like salty syrup, lol.

But hey, theze are the thingz we do for loff wink
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tunnytox(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
Deep Soul:

Did it a couple of times with my youngest brother when he was a baby and yuck! It tastes like salty syrup, lol.

But hey, theze are the thingz we do for loff wink

LOL grin grin grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tayoast(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2010
mothers r expected 2 do this.

i dont know if i can. (i seriously doubt it)
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Busybody2(f): 1:16am On Mar 16, 2010
If i could, i would, but i tried it once or twice and panicked because it felt like i was sucking his brains out instead.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Outstrip(f): 3:59am On Mar 16, 2010
grin grin grin grin You do it very gently now. Abi you are now a dyson vacuum cleaner. Just suck gently not hard. In fact don't do it abeg. I am even afraid for the baby
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Busybody2(f): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2010
LOL at dyson cleaner, stopped doing it cos i don't trust myself, besides i'm scared if i do it gently gently, before you know it, one more suck and the phlegm would end up at the back of my own throat, making me vomit it straight out all over the baby, eurrgh, lol

Once my baby couldn't sleep, i woke his Dad up to do it and the look of horror on his face was like WTF and if turned so red, i thought he was hyperventilating cos him be half-oyinbo,i had to pacify him and convinced him it was just like doing CPR, to save the baby.

Now he's a pro at it, and would never let me hear word about it, i guess the bit about him being a saviour did wonders for his ego.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ponnusma: 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yes.I have done it for my baby and in all probability will do it for my other kids. When you see your bundle of joy struggling for breath, you would do anything in the world to make him feel okay,
Btw, I was also like "yuck, no, never in my life" when I heard about this for the first time. grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by isalegan2: 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2011
Why not?  I don't see what's "yuck" or disgusting about it.  Some people will touch a lot more dubious things with their mouths.  lol

Yes, my parents did it for their kids when it was necessary.  Believe it or not, I was told my dad even did it for one of us, and I am sure he never changed a nappy in his life.  shocked 

I've seen it being done, and I took it for granted every parent may be called upon to do it at some point.  You just have to be sure not to suck both nostrils at the same time, is my guess.  If you hate the idea, thankfully they make every kind of baby item, including these things called "baby nasal aspirators."  Only drawback is, some pediatricians discourage parents from using it.  So, you may be stuck doing the "yuck" thing whether you like it or not.  cheesy
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ekakids(f): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2011
my dear when you are a mother and you see your child is about to choke because of a nose blokeage, you wiill need not be told twice to suck it out. i use to feel the same way but now i can do it again and again without blinking an eye.anything for my angels
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by CrudeOil2(m): 6:14am On Mar 13, 2011
Dis! gus! ting!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2011
No big deal. cool
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by mimohmi(m): 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
What of kiss of life ? You probably regret it later when you see the child gasping for breath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Caught My Cheating Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.