Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister (11530 Views)

My 24-yr-old Friend Wants To Date A 16-yr Old Girl / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? / Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2006
Rhodalyn:

that is not the best of situations because should there be a break- up between them, then it's going to affect your friendship and you also wouldnt take kindly to it when your friend ditches your sis, but then it's already happened so just hope for the best wink
@Rhodalyn
  You are so smart my dear.I have four sisters and one of my sisters used to date this guy I know from the Army, I had no problem with it because this guys was not like my best friend or any thing like and he was an OK guy. They dated for like two months. Guess what though, every time the got into a fight this dude would come crying his dump ass to me,please go beg your sister for me,I'm like dude my sister is grown, if she wants to breakup with you there's just nothing I can do about it. Then he gets mad at me,oh "I thought you was my friend", this is what this grown man would try to tell me Imagine that.

That's just another reason friends should not date each others sisters, you know when the have problems they always want to get you in the middle and want you to take sides, you know what I mean.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Rhodalyn(f): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2006
wink kiss kiss kiss
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Zahymaka(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2006
The solution is to sit him down and give him a tongue-lashing.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2006
That fool called me earlier today and wants to know if we all could hang out tonight, because my sis is staying with me right now cause she's mad at my Mom.what a sneaky bastard. I told him we would hang out with our parents tonight.This loser was like can I come with you guys to your parents.Omg this dude is like on my last nerve angry angry angry
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Whitelady1(f): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2006
Easy Tx, easy.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Rhodalyn(f): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2006
@tx, hard cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by dominobaby(f): 12:25am On Apr 02, 2006
Tx, why nt jst cal d dude n tell him all u've noticed bout his moves to ur sis n dat he cnt as per g.u.y.s' stuff.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Idekeson(m): 5:02am On Apr 02, 2006
Thank God I don't have younger sisters. I'll be very uncomfortable for any of my friends dating my sister after all we've gone through with girls. Guys often talk about girls amongst themselves but rarely talk about their friend's sisters. It's a guy thing.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by beyonce1(f): 5:06am On Apr 02, 2006
Txlonghorn:

That fool called me earlier today and wants to know if we all could hang out tonight, because my sis is staying with me right now cause she's mad at my Mom.what a sneaky bastard. I told him we would hang out with our parents tonight.This loser was like can I come with you guys to your parents.Omg this dude is like on my last nerve angry angry angry

Boy oh boy ! so your darling lovely friend has now turned into a FOOL \ SNEAKY BASTARD  all because he wants your sister ? uuuuhm-- how jealous -- check yourself man  wink it shouldn't be this harsh ! I 'm sure u r being overprotective 'cos u can't handle your sister being treated the way u treat other guys sisters  smiley besides birds of d same feathers flock and u sure know this dude friend of yours moves in and out  wink. Anyways if it feels so bad, talk to him ASAP, for all u may care to know they could be having 'IT' off already behind your back.,,,, also mind how you handle the situation cos OPPOSITIONS encourage and also intensify such relationships.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Seun(m): 5:29am On Apr 02, 2006
I agree with you. People who approach dating with an attitude of sincerity and who try to end eacn relationship amicably won't have to follow these stupid rules. it's the heartbreakers and liars that have to be careful who they date.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2006
Idekeson:

Thank God I don't have younger sisters. I'll be very uncomfortable for any of my friends dating my sister after all we've gone through with girls. Guys often talk about girls amongst themselves but rarely talk about their friend's sisters. It's a guy thing.

Dude thank you so much you totally understand what I've been trying to say all day.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 7:00am On Apr 02, 2006
beyonce1:

Boy oh boy ! so your darling lovely friend has now turned into a FOOL \ SNEAKY BASTARD all because he wants your sister ? uuuuhm-- how jealous -- check yourself man wink it shouldn't be this harsh ! I 'm sure you're being overprotective 'because u can't handle your sister being treated the way u treat other guys sisters smiley besides birds of d same feathers flock and u sure know this dude friend of yours moves in and out wink. Anyways if it feels so bad, talk to him ASAP, for all u may care to know they could be having 'IT' off already behind your back.,,,, also mind how you handle the situation because OPPOSITIONS encourage and also intensify such relationships.

Honey I'm seriously not trying to be some jealous kid or nothing like that, what kind of a darling loving friends would hit on each others sisters. I know ladies think most men are DOGS, but even DOGS know there is a thin line they not suppose to cross and dating a best friend's sister is just one of them.For the sake of mankind, he better not be hitting "IT" with my sis. I'll talk to my sis and tell her every thing, as for this dude, I really don't think his worth my time anymore.

@Seun

If you don't mind me asking, would you actually date your best friend's sister? this is your best friend you went to school with and talk about all the girls you've kissed or done other things. If your answer is YES, don't you think you'd feel so uncomfortable with his sister.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Seun(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2006
That is the wrong question to ask. You are thinking with your emotions.

The important question is, would I let my best friend date my sister if he feels comfortable doing that? And the answer is yes. For me to have a best friend means I trust that fellow more than I trust others, so who better to date my sister? It means he would be careful about how he treats her and the break-up will have to be amicable.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by 2cantango(f): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2006
I agree with you Seun smiley
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by kajad(m): 8:18am On Apr 02, 2006
tx. is it not possible that your sis might love u so much and would want to date your best friend cos he would have so much in commom with you? If you were cool with the g u y, i think you should accept his dating you sister.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2006
Thanks for your response Seun, I think you make a pretty good point. I'm not some bird brain, so I see things from your view points. But I'll tell you more of my relationship with this guys maybe you'll see things from my point of view.

I've known this dude since my sophermore year in High School, we used to live in the same Apartment complex so we spent a lot time together.He was the only child and I was the only male child in my house so we were just like brothers.We double dated on our last prom, he was talking to this girl I hooked him up with and I was going with this chick from my ROTC class. I mean all four of us clicked so well.

Hear me out, we even attended the same college in Austin Texas. In College we both jointed the same fraternity.Anyone that was in a fraternity in College knows you have Hunreds of rules and codes of conduct to follow to belong to that fraternity, even after you graduate. And dating each others sisters is just one of the rules my so called best friend is breaking.

I know most people would  be like give him a chance, but they seem to forget that I know this dude like I know myself.We did a lot of wild and crazy things,NOT TO OUR SELFS THOUGH. And now he just wants to throw all that away because of my crazy ass sister.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by snazzydawn(f): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2006
sorry tx dear,but eitherways,you will not marry our sister.What if she refuses to let go and sees you as an impostor?Even if you sit her down and tell her of your friends exploits back in dem days,that will only endear him to her the more.What is happening can happen to anybody,even you.Thats my ha' penny
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by reniks(f): 12:47am On Apr 03, 2006
The issue of guyz not wanting their friends[best or not] to date their sister is like an unwritten rule.Usually they don't exactly have a concrete reason,it could be out of protection,not wanting their friendship hampered,or because they know their friends be better,they just feel it aint right.But really,unless your friend is up to no good,there's no need for the fuss now.Anyway i can understand your point.I wouldn't want my best friend to date my brother either but my reasons are different.I know he's a playa and i don't want to be roped into some heart breaking shit.You should know that what is gonna be,will be.If your sister gets to like him too,u just might have to accept it,
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by beyunce(f): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2006
ARE YOU GOING TO GET MARRIED TO YOUR SISTER.
IF YOU KNOW YOUR FRIEND IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOUR SIS Y NT LET HIM TREAT HER LIKE A LADY.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by xphanti(f): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2006
You have to take heart, i know the feeling. but there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!!!! thank you stars he is not doing it behind you!! you just find it hard to bear the thought of him with your sis and you just do not want to think of what they will get up to. you just have to block your mind, i believe your sister is an adult and she knows right from wrong. we do not always choose who we fall in love with you know, just pray and hope everything works out well between them and remember you date and break the hearts of other peoples sisters and daughters. if it works out for the both of them fine and if it does not end well take it that it was just a phase meant to be and a learning process for your sister. do you want to marry her? if he makes her happy and treats her well let it be coz thats the most important thing you know.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Maxflame(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2006
Txlonghorn since i'm not your friend can i play hanky panky with your sister? grin wink
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Txlonghorn(m): 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2006
Maxflame:

Txlonghorn since i'm not your friend can i play hanky panky with your sister? grin wink

Go for it Max, I must warn you though. She has very high standards. Can you talk the talk and walk the walk. shocked
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Maxflame(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2006
Yep! She'll give you the details. wink
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by glamour(f): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2006
I could not go through every ones reply to this topic.

There is a saying that the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know, I don’t see any thing wrong in your best friend dating your sister, if your sister is in love with him, there is nothing u can do about it but it all depends on if they are both of reasonable age. For instance, am a guy, I wont support my sister to date a 17years old friend of mine.

I think the reason why some guys are overprotective or won’t want their friend to date their sister is because they don’t want their sister to be jilted just as they have done to other girls
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Memunah(f): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2006
You are right girl
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Ndipe(m): 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2006
No friend should date their friend's sister. What kind of bond are you trying to strengthen, when both of you are already friends? It only breeds wahala. Ok supposing the relationship ends badly, that, of course would affect your friendships, because no brother, would willingly choose their friend over their sister.

And for those who misconstrue their brother's protectiveness, it is because they want the best for you.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by choco4life(m): 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2006
**sigh***,
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by choco4life(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2006
u sef no go date sb sis??//////////////
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by frankiriri(m): 12:11am On Nov 18, 2006
My best friend is welcome to date any of my sisters. I know that he is a good gy and that he wont mess aound with her so I have no qualms. however if any of my other snakey friends near them heads go roll grin grin
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by Dvampire(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2006
na wa-o. some guys are just making contributions as if they are not dating other guy's sisters. well the truth of the matter is that guys just want whats best for their sisters and that is why they (guys) try to be protective and play the big brother role. but it becomes a case of hand shake going beyond the elbow when the guy becomes over-protective and begins to dictate who and when and how to date.
the best is just talk to both parties at separate times since you are close to the both of them (one is your sis and the other your best friend). find out how serious they are willing to take the relationship. at least you are matured enough to know if one is serious about something or not.
in as much as you are the big brother, your sis and your friends have their lives to lead and there's absolutely little or nothing you can do if they are meant to be together. love is such a delicate issue. one has to tread softly on its path.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by magneto(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2007
well, i dont think theres anything wrong in dating ur best friends sister as long as ur intentions are pure and geniune. but if ur only interested in her booty. . . dude, forget it! its bad business.
personally i aint gon' do it, but theres no telling where love might happen. so in the unlikely event that i find my self in such a situation, i'll make sure i win her heart (in secret) first. . . then later approach my buddy man to man and let him know the deal, of c o s reassuring him of my intentions (hey, hes my best friend right? gats to respect his feelings too! wink) its a delicate issue, but if u handle it right, u win both ways! grin

but it'd still affect ur relationship with him though (albeit slightly), no escaping that! just be prepared to live with it.
Re: Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister by ajayi1(m): 5:24pm On May 04, 2007
Why? It is a good thing, if your sister love him no problem let them continue. But the only thing for you to do is to warn the guy not to hurt your sister, grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Village Brides Vs. City Brides / Checkout The Woman Who Broke World Record For Sleeping With 919 Men In 24hrs (pi / LADIES:... Not Wearing Bra And Pants How Do You Even Feel Comfortable??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.