Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (10591 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ziccoit: 6:47am On May 31, 2012
Hope it works without electricity. How does the energy saving bulb save what is not available? Tell this Mr GEJ to go and rest his brain is already misfiring.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by arki(m): 7:07am On May 31, 2012
apparently GEJ is in no doubt a clueless president. He has nothing to offer. His 1yr mediocre achievements are:hike in the price of PMS with the pretext of bettering the masses,changing of unilag to maulag, introduction of energy saving bulbs, cassava bread. Isn't this obvious to nigerians that gej has no future for us. Lets man-up and push the mumu out of office.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nobody: 7:20am On May 31, 2012
another stellar achievement by gej

first he brought facebook to nigeria;

now he brings energy saving bulbs to nigeria

the super achiever tongue
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by surveycash(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2012
Ngwakwe: The incandescent light bulb is being phased out by Developed Nations to conserve energy.
Why should our limited Electricity Supply be wasted inform of unneeded heat.

A very good move should be to educate the populace on the need to conserve energy and thereby reducing the cost they pay for Electricity.

We are on the same page. A fraction of that money should have been used to run enlightenment programs for people to switch off these red bulbs all over the street that appear not to have a switch.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2012
I have always said it that this administration / PDP doesnt have the good interest of Nigerians at heart. he who has ears let me hear. The retardeen should go and use it in his family house in otuekpe. Idiiot.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2012
why cant I place an attachement? angry angry Damn it.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by pappy4real(m): 7:54am On May 31, 2012
it suprises me that this dude of a president keeps getting dumber daily...i've known this bulbs for freaking long. whats the point?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by xcuggsm(m): 7:55am On May 31, 2012
For the love of God, what is the business of our president "LAUNCHING" energy saving light bulbs?? What he should have done was to 'RECOMMEND" the use of energy saving bulbs while pointing out the benefits in power savings!

To roll out the carpet just to "LAUNCH" energy saving bulbs was ill advised.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nobody: 8:01am On May 31, 2012
yeah, our govt is launching enrergy saving bulbs that have ben in the country for the past four years

go figure
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2012
where governors like fashola are launching/opening new routes to lessen the burden of the people and expanding the agricultural base of lagos to commemorate democracy day, my president, the retardeen is lauching Energy bulbs. What a tragedy.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Abeyjide: 8:26am On May 31, 2012
immagine an administration witout a viable project to lounch,wat a disgrace to Gej and his cabinet.lookin for anoder way to loot nigerian treasury.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ndigbo: 8:45am On May 31, 2012
Shame!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by 2Mekus: 8:46am On May 31, 2012
Here are some of the dangerous effects of what the President has dished out to Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CVLa_tRslY&feature=player_embedded#t=46s
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bibe(m): 8:47am On May 31, 2012
i was scrutinising the post to see what the lumens and scatter angle of this *change our life and save energy* 10watt light bulb but couldnt find it anywhere.
cos from my research, this cheapos produce far less lumen and scatter angle compared to the traditional incandescent bulb.
LED bulbs of matching capabilities are kinda costly around $30-$40.
am afraid things are about to get more #DIM.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Konnektions146(m): 9:00am On May 31, 2012
i wonder y we have to wait for GEJ before we conserve de little power we get, i just wonder
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Beaf: 9:01am On May 31, 2012
bibe: i was scrutinising the post to see what the lumens and scatter angle of this *change our life and save energy* 10watt light bulb but couldnt find it anywhere.
cos from my research, this cheapos produce far less lumen and scatter angle compared to the traditional incandescent bulb.
LED bulbs of matching capabilities are kinda costly around $30-$40.
am afraid things are about to get more #DIM.

Absolute crap!
Are reeling out physics as discussed by native doctors?
How is it possible to talk such utter rubbish with so much confidence?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by KINGwax(m): 9:01am On May 31, 2012
wesley80:

This from a mofo that tunes in to watch Obama pardon a turkey during thanksgiving.
nice reply. Thumbs up!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ikooko(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2012
I have realized that each time GEJ just lern a new thing, he launches it thinking nigerians are slowpokes like himself.
He claimed he brought fb to nigeria because he was ignorant of it prior to that time.
He lauched cassava bread because he didnt know that cassava flour was introduced by Nigerian bakers at a point when price of bread increased but people dislike the taste. even OBJ introduced it as part of cassava production program.
Now he launched this bulbs because he knew nothing about enegy saving bulbs prior to now.
MR PRESIDENT, YOU CAN AS WELL LAUNCH CONDOMS TO NIGERIANS TO PREVENT HIV/AIDS IN THIS COUNTRY.
What a wasteful and clueless leader.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by abt(m): 9:04am On May 31, 2012
I hate it when mediocre things like this bulb & cassava bread take the center stage in GEJ's Govt. EBELE WAKE UP!!!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by penjoy: 9:05am On May 31, 2012
jonaharam is just a fool zombie i dont even knw if ths man were in d walss of university
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Beaf: 9:05am On May 31, 2012
Incandescent bulbs should be banned. Thats similar to whats happening in developed countries.
Nice one from GEJ, you save a lot more with those bulbs (they last years and are brighter).
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Exponental(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2012
mai gaskiya: al u haters of gej kant u pepl be a bit honest d man came wit an agenda instead of u 2 atleast acknowledge dat ure hear blabng i dnt blame u maybe u didnt atend an english comprehensn clas in skol.d man said nija wil partner wit companies 2 produce d bulbs comon sense supose tel u say we manufactre bulbs in nija mugu
in ur comprehension class, were u not tot how 2 use punctuations. I no blame, u had no shoes b4, why wont u think alike.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by KINGwax(m): 9:10am On May 31, 2012
mai gaskiya: useles yoruba man where u wen d ape u kald ur kinsman squandrd 16biln dolas meant 4 power.had it ben he did hs job woud nija be complang of power failure.ure useles broda spent 8ys nd yet kan nt boast of 3000 thusnd mega watts nd u expect magic in just one yr idiot.stupid yoruba hypocrete
one thing i knw, gsm was a big hit! So is d gbemu aremu! But wot u fucck? I've been using CRT bulbs for long. Infact, energy saving bulbs has been in market for long. Launchin it is only a was to embezzle money. To jes educate people abt it d more wld have suffice. And i trust my brothers in naija, sharp sharp importation and production go start...what d fucck did he actually did...oh i knw, i knw,..as usual..he talked! And then millions of naira will go wit it..cool
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bibe(m): 9:10am On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

Absolute crap!
Are reeling out physics as discussed by native doctors?
How is it possible to talk such utter rubbish with so much confidence?

maybe this ought to clear your ignorance.
m.cnet.com/news/philips-pricey-led-bulb-has-impressive-specs/57415651
see how comparative the price and performance is before you condescend on one so informed as me...
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by darlingbas(m): 9:14am On May 31, 2012
I still don't understand how one can conserve/save energy that is non existent, perhaps he's now worried about how people waste the energy they provided for themselves with their own money. Rubbish, second bass jare
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by khanivorous(f): 9:14am On May 31, 2012
CyberG:

[size=18pt]YOUR ID WAS CREATED TODAY MAY 30, 2012 APPARENTLY AFTER RECEIVING PAYMENT FROM THE DAFTEST GOVERNMENT OF ALL TIME IN NIGERIA OR TRANSFORMING FROM BEAF OR ANYONE OF THE SCUMS OF THE EARTH!

NL, IGNORE THIS RETARDED LYING BASTARD!![/size]

GAWD!!! U dug up his profile...
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Exponental(m): 9:15am On May 31, 2012
kkk17: GEJ wants to look effective. Well my advice is that he should start by fishing out corrupt elements in his government, that way, he wouldn't need to say anything about light bulbs, they would simply be like a cup of water in his ocean of achievements

fish out corrupt elements?...... U r asking a thief to catch anoda thief. During prayers, he exhausted his amen in d corruption.......if sincere, why cant he break protocol since he was seeking Gods help. D word is clueless!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ade80: 9:15am On May 31, 2012
crackhouse: It's good to launch energy bulbs but the best thing he would have done is to stop the importation of 60w, 200w, 100w etc because that's the only thing that will make Nigerians to stop using them. For instance, a piece of 15w small energy bulb{original one} is not less than 400naira and 60w bulb is 50naira, now how will sb spend 400naira to buy energy bulb when he is aware that he can buy 60w bulb for 50naira?. U can see clearly that most nigerians can't afford to spend such an amount on bulbs & this means that if u have to change the whole bulbs in ur home {say 6pcs} to energy bulb, that means u will spend 400 * 6 = 2400naira on bulbs alone in this our land of poverty. So the only time most Nigerians will be forced to buy the bulbs is when there is no alternative.

Energy-saving light bulbs are so dangerous that everyone must leave the room for at least 15 minutes if one falls to the floor and breaks, a Government department warned yesterday.
The startling alert came as health experts also warned that toxic mercury inside the bulbs can aggravate a range of problems including migraines and dizziness.
And a leading dermatologist said tens of thousands of people with skin complaints will find it hard to tolerate being near the bulbs as they cause conditions such as eczema to flare up.
The Department for Environment warned shards of glass from broken bulbs should not be vacuumed up but instead swept away by someone wearing rubber gloves to protect them from the bulb's mercury content.
In addition, it said care should be taken not to inhale any dust and the broken pieces should be put in a sealed plastic bag for disposal at a council dump ? not a normal household bin.
None of this advice, however, is printed on the packaging the new-style bulbs are sold in. There are also worries over how the bulbs will be disposed of.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-506347/An-energy-saving-bulb-gone--evacuate-room-now.html#ixzz1wQv4BWwU
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by obi123: 9:17am On May 31, 2012
launching energy saving bulbs like its some ground breaking innovation
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Demdem(m): 9:18am On May 31, 2012
darlingbas: I still don't understand how one can conserve/save energy that is non existent, perhaps he's now worried about how people waste the energy they provided for themselves with their own money. Rubbish, second bass jare

My president, The retardeen is dumb.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by ade80: 9:20am On May 31, 2012
Beaf: Incandescent bulbs should be banned. Thats similar to whats happening in developed countries.
Nice one from GEJ, you save a lot more with those bulbs (they last years and are brighter).

Please read about the health implication of this bulbs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-506347/An-energy-saving-bulb-gone--evacuate-room-now.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7172662.stm
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Exponental(m): 9:25am On May 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Shouldn't you have something in the first place before you can conserve it?
the idea is to conserve d fuel in ur gen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo / PDP To Tribunal: Come Clean On The Header On CTC Judgement / PDP Links Supreme Court Fire Outbreak To Atiku, Obi’s Appeals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.