Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women (6666 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by NOI4Life: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE

News Release. September 2, 2012

PRESIDENT JONATHAN LAUNCHES
YOUWIN! 2 FOR WOMEN

President Goodluck Jonathan will tomorrow, Monday, September 3, launch the second edition of Youth Enterprise with Innovation (YOUWIN!) the innovative business plan competition for talented youth entrepreneurs,

YOUWIN! 2 will be exclusively for young female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 45.

The first year of the competition which ended recently produced 1,200 winners from different parts of the country following a rigorous and exciting contest.

Rewards for winners included prizes and grants of up to N10m, technical support including state-of-the-art websites and strategic guidance by experienced mentors.

The objective is to create thousands of jobs by helping winners to strengthen and expand existing businesses as well as turn innovative ideas into solid businesses.

The launch of YOUWIN! 2 will take place at the Banquet Hall of the State House. Expected at the event are youth groups, reputable women entrepreneurs, ministers and other top government officials.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Senior Special Assistant to the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance

www.facebook.com/ngoziokonjoiweala/posts/442202952496641
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2012
How will I contest? I have a good plan on how Nigeria police can be among the best
inthe world. I'm street smart
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2012
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Toaskarity: How will I contest? I have a good plan on how Nigeria police can be among the best
inthe world. I'm street smart
Are you a female and correction, You don`t contect YOUWIN.
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
chipmunkey: Are you a female and correction, You don`t contect YOUWIN.

oh I thought its for everyone! my bad and whats correction
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by taharqa: 12:10am On Sep 03, 2012
How did YOUWIN1 go( or is it how is it going)?...though a good [/b]initiative, providing the right environment where people can produce wealth and jobs is still the [b]best way of fighting unemployment(Power, Roads, Rails, Ports, Finamnce, Rule of Law, Security etc)
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by free2ryhme: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
NOI4Life:
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE

News Release. September 2, 2012

PRESIDENT JONATHAN LAUNCHES
YOUWIN! 2 FOR WOMEN

President Goodluck Jonathan will tomorrow, Monday, September 3, launch the second edition of Youth Enterprise with Innovation (YOUWIN!) the innovative business plan competition for talented youth entrepreneurs,

YOUWIN! 2 will be exclusively for young female entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 45.

The first year of the competition which ended recently produced 1,200 winners from different parts of the country following a rigorous and exciting contest.

Rewards for winners included prizes and grants of up to N10m, technical support including state-of-the-art websites and strategic guidance by experienced mentors.

The objective is to create thousands of jobs by helping winners to strengthen and expand existing businesses as well as turn innovative ideas into solid businesses.

The launch of YOUWIN! 2 will take place at the Banquet Hall of the State House. Expected at the event are youth groups, reputable women entrepreneurs, ministers and other top government officials.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Senior Special Assistant to the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance

www.facebook.com/ngoziokonjoiweala/posts/442202952496641

Laudable initiative but i hope it does not help those looters siphon tax payers money because December is around the corner any avenue to make money they will use
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Abujafood: 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
It would have been a nice thing to have male entrepreneurs participating this year as well! Good luck to FG anyway!
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by alaoeri: 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
The most painful thing is the program won't be throw open same padipadi & arrangee stuff. undecided
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by indmix: 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
If this programme is intended for those deserving of it and sustained and nurtured irrespective of the govt in power then its a right step in the right direction. If recipients use this funds to create more wealth and provide employment, you can imagine the multiplier effect of this programme. Unfortunately, the govt comes up with fantastic initiatives but red tapism, avarice and influencing selection of undeserving candidates put a question mark on this programme.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
alaoeri: The most painful thing is the program won't be throw open same padipadi & arrangee stuff. undecided
exactly! The people who need it most won't have access to it. When are they gonna bring it down to lagos and other states? Or is it meant for only abuja?
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Demdem(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Gender discrimination. Was the first strictly for men?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2012
Okay
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2012
If YOUWIN 1 was a failure, why should we bliv in YOUWIN2?
Only a few ppl claimed to have rcivd anything from YOUWIN 1, d funny thing was that they were New NL posters(probably new accts created by Oga Jona's laptop team).. Check again, if dey still post
Now who is fooling who?
YOUWIN1 ddnt change d price of lipsrsealed , why then do we think YOUWIN2 will.
lipsrsealed undecided cry tongue

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by ifyalways(f): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
How are the previous winners doing?

How does one apply?hope it's taken to the grassroots level?I know alot of hardworking women with bright ideas and solid business plans but handicapped by funds,wanna apply for them undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Elueme: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
alaoeri: The most painful thing is the program won't be throw open same padipadi & arrangee stuff. undecided
Don't make move for it if you, your girlfriend or mother are interested.. Just sit and use your mouth to discredit a good idea,, a typical Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Elueme: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
Imanuelle: If YOUWIN 1 was a failure, why should we bliv in YOUWIN2?
Only a few ppl claimed to have rcivd anything from YOUWIN 1, d funny thing was that they were New NL posters(probably new accts created by Oga Jona's laptop team).. Check again, if dey still post
Now who is fooling who?
YOUWIN1 ddnt change d price of lipsrsealed , why then do we think YOUWIN2 will.
lipsrsealed undecided cry tongue
?...and may I ask you how many percentage of Nigerians are on or active NL users? If you depend on the testimonies of NL users to confirm the workings for over 160 million people, u sure are a failure.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by ujukala: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Another avenue of siphoning funds.
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by niddamugu(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
ujukala: Another avenue of siphoning funds.

Go and contest. This is women's show.... grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nairaland...the land of the pessimists!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Exclusively for Women? Hmmmm.
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by slimming: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
This a good programme o, if you are interested applied fast.
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: ?...and may I ask you how many percentage of Nigerians are on or active NL users? If you depend on the testimonies of NL users to confirm the workings for over 160 million people, u sure are a failure.

A large number of ppl got informed from the e-world.
U think those that applied for youwin are village ppl without internet skills?

One of my friends actually skipped the first phse of the interview, but with time, she wasn't called for anything else... Even after going thru d training...

She probably got dropped for nothing... And many others!
Dyu recall d amount? 50Billion Naira(correct me if I'm wrong) but the winners weren't up to 100... Judge d case urself, it should be tagged 'YOULOSE' cos 50B of naija's money(our money) is taken right before our own eyes...we're losing big time!
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Super1759: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
I was watching the program, gej cracks jokes lot. He said women are good in saving money and been faithful with money than men, but the difference is men have many loop holes in their pocket and women are just after wears.
Also, as we are advised to go for our needs instead of wants, women go for need, wants and even what they don't need and want grin grin
Anyway its a good way to help the women. If they are really serious.
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Jina24(f): 2:18pm On Sep 03, 2012
I was at the programme and heard testimonies from some of the awardees of YouWin 1. Application for YouWin 2 is now on for females who have interest in establishing their bussiness and becoming an employer of labour. Visit their website www.youwin.org.ng for application and other information.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Good initiative. Atleast lets have less of our females depending financially on men,most time to their own detriment.
Initiative like this needs a very efficient monitoring body and designed with means of sustainablity and continuity.
I will definitely get my friends and relations to submit proposal!
Good bless good luck, his govt, and nigeria!
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by thelastPope(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Elueme: ?...and may I ask you how many percentage of Nigerians are on or active NL users? If you depend on the testimonies of NL users to confirm the workings for over 160 million people, u sure are a failure.

Lol. Its funny how some people here assume the whole naija are on NL. NL has probably less than 70k nigerians because you can't delete old accounts and many people have over 10 accounts over the years.

Some here are typical Nigerians. Very delusional and pessimistic. They believe if they can't get it, it must be a fraud. Smh

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
DId YouWin I work? Where are the stats to show that the project accomplished at least some of the goals that it was meant to for the Nigerian people? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Jina24: I was at the programme and heard testimonies from some of the awardees of YouWin 1. Application for YouWin 2 is now on for females who have interest in establishing their bussiness and becoming an employer of labour. Visit their website www.youwin.org.ng for application and other information.

Did the first YouWin work? I mean or is this some sort of National lottery program where the country doles out money and does not even care if the people successfully use the money to better theirs and the lives of others before proceeding to dole out some more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Shows Abubakar Shekau” Captured And Killed In Konduga / Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 / BREAKINGS: President Buhari To Face Impeachment Over Troops To Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.