Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (10592 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by omenziate(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2012
Come 2015, we definately need a president who had shoes growing up. Wetin b Prof Barth Nnaji work sef?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by doctokwus: 11:59pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: Wait a minute! We applauded this same move back about 4 years ago when Yar adua suggested people switch to the very same. I am sure we can dig up the many threads on this in the Nairaland archivejavascript:void(0);s. Why are we celebrating this again?? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Reminds me of dis much hyped cassava bread:I maybe wrong or just dreaming,but I seem 2bliv Obasanjo launched dis same cassava bread wt all d lofty ideals during one of his terms.
So pls y digging,cud someone also dig sth on dis or I swallow my pride& admit I was wrong on dis one on d fisherman
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2012
Energy saving light bulbs 'contain cancer causing chemicals

Fears have been reignited about the safety of energy saving light bulbs after a group of scientists warned that they contain cancer causing chemicals.Their report advises that the bulbs should not be left on for extended periods, particularly near someone’s head, as they emit poisonous materials when switched on.
Peter Braun, who carried out the tests at the Berlin's Alab Laboratory, said: “For such carcinogenic substances it is important they are kept as far away as possible from the human environment.”
The bulbs are already widely used in the UK following EU direction to phase out traditional incandescent lighting by the end of this year.
But the German scientists claimed that several carcinogenic chemicals and toxins were released when the environmentally-friendly compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) were switched on, including phenol, naphthalene and styrene.
Andreas Kirchner, of the Federation of German Engineers, said: “Electrical smog develops around these lamps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8462626/Energy-saving-light-bulbs-contain-cancer-causing-chemicals.html
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by lacasa: 12:07am On May 31, 2012
Dealm!

Wat a fool
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by teejan: 12:07am On May 31, 2012
Jonathan,is not thinking like someone with a PHD,what would you expect from a bowler hatted mofo!he is simply clueless!does he think he is a local government chairman or councilor,he really needs to wake up from that deep slumber!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Tropilo(m): 12:17am On May 31, 2012
alj harem:

He is may or may not be Beaf but we all know the ethnic group that would call yoruba useless anytime. You guess is as good as mine wink

You must really hate the ethnic group you are suspecting.
I thought you had some form of maturity. Its a pity!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by folahann(m): 12:33am On May 31, 2012
What is there to launch again? Energy saving bulbs are there in the market for anyone who wants to buy.

I thought the news will be about distributing these bulbs to every household.

GEJ plz launch shoes and enlighten the people that it is good to wear shoes esp to school.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nobody: 12:39am On May 31, 2012
Wonders shall never end.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by seyibobo(m): 12:42am On May 31, 2012
DR. Jonathan and PROF. Nnaji......what a waste of knowledge!!!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by SisiKill1: 1:24am On May 31, 2012
Shouldn't you have something in the first place before you can conserve it?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bittyend(m): 1:26am On May 31, 2012
^What's there to have, and what's there to conserve?

Do jungles have electricity? undecided
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by bittyend(m): 1:27am On May 31, 2012
Nigeria is a jungle, that country just likes messing up my high smh.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by aljharem(m): 1:31am On May 31, 2012
Tropilo:

You must really hate the ethnic group you are suspecting.
I thought you had some form of maturity. Its a pity!

what does this got to do with hate ??
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by henrico247(m): 1:52am On May 31, 2012
Please can l have a sample of this bulb so that l can import some quantity. Nice business idea from Mr. Presido. God bless you Gej
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Aladinn(m): 1:53am On May 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Shouldn't you have something in the first place before you can conserve it?
Hahahaha. By faith we have it. And by faith we shall conserve it.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by NovusHomo(m): 2:54am On May 31, 2012
Been using this bulb for some 6+ years now. Where is this man's originality? Jonah, you are asleep at the wheel of State. Instead of moving us forward, you are bent on taking us back to the Stone Age. BTW, doesn't this need electricity for it to work? If so, Oga patapata, where is the electricity? Presi-DINDINRIN!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by sulakishop(m): 3:29am On May 31, 2012
Shoeless, mindless and brainless GreatLoss Jonah Bauer.....Mtchewwwwww!!!!!
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by betrani(m): 4:16am On May 31, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: These same energy saving bulbs that have been show to emit dangerous toxins that kill.

Thanks GEJ

(People, please research the adverse effects of using energy saving bulbs)
you went too far. So ur tryin to tell us that u vn't used the common flourescent styled 20 watt bulbs that ve been in use. This to me is not news, by the way where is the power to power this bulbs? t
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by betrani(m): 4:27am On May 31, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Energy saving light bulbs 'contain cancer causing chemicals

Fears have been reignited about the safety of energy saving light bulbs after a group of scientists warned that they contain cancer causing chemicals.Their report advises that the bulbs should not be left on for extended periods, particularly near someone’s head, as they emit poisonous materials when switched on.
Peter Braun, who carried out the tests at the Berlin's Alab Laboratory, said: “For such carcinogenic substances it is important they are kept as far away as possible from the human environment.”
The bulbs are already widely used in the UK following EU direction to phase out traditional incandescent lighting by the end of this year.
But the German scientists claimed that several carcinogenic chemicals and toxins were released when the environmentally-friendly compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) were switched on, including phenol, naphthalene and styrene.
Andreas Kirchner, of the Federation of German Engineers, said: “Electrical smog develops around these lamps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8462626/Energy-saving-light-bulbs-contain-cancer-causing-chemicals.html
If these guys were chauffers I'm sur they would drive their clients back and front! What do these white ingrates want us to do? They invent this today, make a hype of it, then tell us the next day; this stuff is harmful! I think we should look within us and ve our young inventors do the magic! UPOAUR
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Nobody: 4:46am On May 31, 2012
none of GEJ's actions can ever be appreciated... he already flopped.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Rhino5dm: 4:50am On May 31, 2012
Who told you that beaf isn't a person ibo bigot claiming delta?

alj harem:

He is may or may not be Beaf but we all know the ethnic group that would call yoruba useless anytime. You guess is as good as mine wink
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by StarrMatthieu: 4:51am On May 31, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
kkk17: GEJ wants to look effective. Well my advice is that he should start by fishing out corrupt elements in his government, that way, he wouldn't need to say anything about light bulbs, they would simply be like a cup of water in his ocean of achievements
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Onyejonchi: 5:27am On May 31, 2012
First he (GEJ) should ban d importation of d 60watt bub. Secondly he should not tell us he want 2 giv evry family d new energy saving bub, because i know that can work considering the trend of coruption in our society. 3rdly the standard of imported bubs, but he would not do that by himself. Are we ready 2 say know 2 fake products? The SON should try 2 see that qaulity products are imported. All these agencies are responsible 4 the numerious problems we are having in Nigeria. NAFDAC now give licence 2 pharma companies 2 produce anything they like as medicine 4 Nigerians, and other agencies do same. Gej cant go 2 d field 2 ensure d supply of quality energy saving bubs. Regards.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by deb(m): 5:53am On May 31, 2012
Its a common knowledge that Jonadumb is actually an aszhole. I mean look at his wife? U will understand what I mean for a man to choose that kind of thing
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Samsonferan: 6:05am On May 31, 2012
Gej u don start abi. Abeg launch wat is been produce in 9ja like BH
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by Samsonferan: 6:06am On May 31, 2012
Gej u don start abi. Abeg launch BH
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by greatgod2012(f): 6:15am On May 31, 2012
na wa 4 dis our presido o
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by kjhova(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2012
If there is ever going to be another sequel to "Dumb & Dumber", the movie, I couldn't recommend a better actor than president Jonathan! I bought my 1st ever energy saving bulb in 2001!! Don't you guys know them? Those small fluorescent bulbs with white light?
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by niyitogun(m): 6:39am On May 31, 2012
monkeyleg: It is not for the president of a nation to go about launching light bulbs, dont we have a minister that can do that. Again another lousy attempt by a Lazy Phuck president, with no accomplishment to his name

Lol
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by lastpage: 6:40am On May 31, 2012
This man is a joke!
Energy saving bulbs have been in use since almost 8years ago and this man is "launching" it in 2012?

Wetin we no go hear from this "Presidont"?

(shakes head in disbelief!)

Lastpage
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by yohannazack(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2012
FELLOW NLs, IF DIS STORY IS TRUE, DEN MY PRESIDENT IS ONLY A SHAMELESS PERSON. WAT IS THERE TO LAUNCH BULBS, AND WHY NOT LAUNCHIN D MANUFACTURIN COMPANY? D ODA TIME IT WAS D LAUNCHIN OF CASSAVA BREAD. MAY GOD PUNISH ALL DIS PPLE DAT ARE MISGUIDIN, MISLEADIN AND MISDIRECTIN MY PRESIDENT.
Re: GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply by crackhouse(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2012
It's good to launch energy bulbs but the best thing he would have done is to stop the importation of 60w, 200w, 100w etc because that's the only thing that will make Nigerians to stop using them. For instance, a piece of 15w small energy bulb{original one} is not less than 400naira and 60w bulb is 50naira, now how will sb spend 400naira to buy energy bulb when he is aware that he can buy 60w bulb for 50naira?. U can see clearly that most nigerians can't afford to spend such an amount on bulbs & this means that if u have to change the whole bulbs in ur home {say 6pcs} to energy bulb, that means u will spend 400 * 6 = 2400naira on bulbs alone in this our land of poverty. So the only time most Nigerians will be forced to buy the bulbs is when there is no alternative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Can't Speak On Buhari's Health - Isaac Adewole / Supplementary Budget: Saraki, Dogara Explain Delay / Troops Eliminate 17 Terrorists In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.