Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (159214 Views)

How To Browse On Your Blackberry Without A BIS Plan. / Screenshot App For Unrooted Tecno P3 / Has Airtel Stopped Their BIS Plan On Android And Iphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by alcuin(m): 1:07am On Feb 17, 2013
can dis work on etisalat? i mean does etisalat bis works on Android?

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Chikebrain: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
alcuin: can dis work on etisalat? i mean does etisalat bis works on Android?
The unlimited works only with the use of MTN BIS and a VPN software, although with GLO bis you dont need a VPN (Just Configure and start browsing) but is limited to 3GB data cap
You can mail me up on chike.louis@yahoo.com or twitter @chikebrain
Thanks
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by alcuin(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Chikebrain:
The unlimited works only with the use of MTN BIS and a VPN software, although with GLO bis you dont need a VPN (Just Configure and start browsing) but is limited to 3GB data cap
You can mail me up on chike.louis@yahoo.com or twitter @chikebrain
Thanks
what is the procedure for configuring GLO?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by OzMagiQ(m): 4:45am On Apr 02, 2013
walcolm:

glo bis now works. search the thread for the apn tweak. they give 3gb for the monthly data plans

Sorry Mate Not any more.... And that hurts kinda sad
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Can MTN BIS work on techno N3 and how do I do it?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by oluferry(m): 1:44am On Apr 06, 2013
hi forum.pls is anyone in ilorin,dont know which network s best here for ma htc g2.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by aronbillz: 8:59am On Apr 06, 2013
pls am usin a kindle fire,apart 4rm wireles is there anyway i can browse cuz therez no sim slot

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Digatron(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
glo has 3g at illorin, dunno for mtn or airtel
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by ourgodreigns99: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2013
Lawalmd: airtel bis works well with the default settings without any tweaking or software and it works with all apps on android but you have to pay for a plan its not a cheat cos by default when you subscribe for airtel bis a certain amount of data is allocatd for you so its that allocated data that is being used

what about etisalat. can d bb plan wrk on android

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Mcdondayan: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Digatron(m): 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other country except
Nigeria, We have been suffering in silence while our Leaders
put our future in their bank accounts. How can we remain
like this? How can a youth go to school and suffered to
graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40 and still your
future is as bleak as a dark room. Did your parents send you
to school to sit at home because our Government have failed
us. Let us come out one day and say No. We must not
remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to find a better
life, our better life is here in our country. We have the money,
oil and resources but only a selected few have continue to
suck it dry why we keep believing God for a change, wake up
now I challenge you. We need 500,000 youths in each of the
36states to challenge the Government. We say NO, we will
destroy this country and rebuild it afresh, we will Kill those
who stand on our way as they are considered the enemy. A
man cannot have billions of naira while millions of youths
roam the streets every day looking for daily bread. Our
young men must not all be kidnappers, our young girls must
not all be prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our Government listens is
violence, they have shown it to the Niger delta militants and
now they are planning to show it to the boko
haram..whereas a simple gesture of N20,000 per month to
the unemployed is rejected and you pay militants N75,000
per month. How much do they pay as minimum wage? How
much do they pay to elected officers, we are going to revolt.
Nigeria will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq Egypt and
Tunisia...please spread this message unless you want to die
in poverty in a country where God has destined all of us to
be happy and prosperous...!!! Pls send this msg to all ur
contact cos anytin can apen o!

6 Likes

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Bodafix(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lol
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by tholuosa2: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
It seems that the airtel bsm/bis is blocked.... loaded yesterday sending bsm to 440 but I am unable to connect to the internet at all... Any TWEAKS somebody?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by ourgodreigns99: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2013
tholu_osa2: It seems that the airtel bsm/bis is blocked.... loaded yesterday sending bsm to 440 but I am unable to connect to the internet at all... Any TWEAKS somebody?
airtel still works fine. mtn needs a little configuration only by changing d default apn to blackberry.net but if you try dat on glo kiss ur money goodbye coz glo is not working.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Adanyebe(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2013
[size=16pt]A very simple method to do this is to use a software called PDAnet You can find it in the google Play Store. Thats all..... No too Much Grammer
or check this Link to See MOre[/size]

http://browsingcheat..com/2013/05/use-your-android-as-modem-to-browse-free.html
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by okorocha22(m): 3:39pm On May 28, 2013
pls, should I subscribe mtn BBC or BIS on my Android and will it work
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Sidney700(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2013
Currently I am using Mtn Bis on my Samsung GS3 and it was working fine till about sometime yesterday, but before that I have been using it for a month. Things you should know are:
1) It is not unlimited there is a data cap of 2.5 - 3 gb.
2) The best plan to use is BBCWEEk because all plans have the same data cap. Using BBCWEEK gives you about 10gb for only 2000 naira.
3) Until yesterday it was working fine but now, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds. I am not sure if this has happened to anyone but for me this has been the case since yesterday. I am hoping that MTN is having network problems.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by tatchero(m): 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Sidney700: Currently I am using Mtn Bis on my Samsung GS3 and it was working fine till about sometime yesterday, but before that I have been using it for a month. Things you should know are:
2) The best plan to use is BBCWEEk because all plans have the same data cap. Using BBCWEEK gives you about 10gb for only 2000 naira.
3) Until yesterday it was working fine but now, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds. I am not sure if this has happened to anyone but for me this has been the case since yesterday. I am hoping that MTN is having network problems.

same here bro... the last I heard: Empty Hem has blocked it.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by sgtkole: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
^^^
Can any guru confirm the above!!??
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by ZUBY77(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
sgt.kole:
^^^
Can any guru confirm the above!!??

its not true. i m sending this post with mtn bbc on android phone

the apn type changes itself. just leave ''default'' at all times.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Sidney700(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
ZUBY77:

i don't understand what you mean by leaving it on default. should i leave the apn on blackberry.net or should i use the settings mtn sends to the phone.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by ZUBY77(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Sidney700:

i don't understand what you mean by leaving it on default. should i leave the apn on blackberry.net or should i use the settings mtn sends to the phone.

blackberry.net.
then scroll down, u will see apn type.
make sure 'default' is written on it.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by sgtkole: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
ZUBY77:

Thanks boss
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by tatchero(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
sgt.kole:

Thanks boss
so? did it work?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Sidney700(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
tatchero:
so? did it work?

yeah mine finally started working after i rebooted my android and entered the settings again.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by filigreti(m): 9:00am On Jun 07, 2013
im still having problems, it takes me to this imscp site !!!!!!!! ahh help

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by sgtkole: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
tatchero:
so? did it work?
Its working well so far grin
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by onymodel(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2013
yeah that dude is very correct.....i subscribed for MTN unlimited on ma tab even with vpn...it has suddenly stopped...plz who has a better idea share with the house.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by georgiobob: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2013
Sidney700: Currently I am using Mtn Bis on my Samsung GS3 and it was working fine till about sometime yesterday, but before that I have been using it for a month. Things you should know are:
Does it mean weekly and montly BBC are on d same capacity, wich are you using now, and can Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u suggest a beta and more reliable plan
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by samwind1508(m): 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
ok to eliminate any form of confusion am using Airtel and I have read through the thread of more than a year and various suggestions. so for no confusion what is the true state for all network
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by ahonzi: 7:34am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello peeps,
I followed the directions for mtn's bbcweek on andriod and it didn't work. Wen I put on setdns this is what I see
Network: None(setdns not active)
DNS: 10.109.2.97, 10.199.212.120
Web Proxy: Proxy check disabled
Root status: none-wifi mode
And when I click on apply,I get this "setdns not active(none).what is it v done wrong. 3g shows only when I put on the wifi hotspot.
Pls I would appreciate some help.
Thank you
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted by Funtolola: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
cj1080: About a month ago, I read somewhere on the net that a blackberry plan can be used on a pc or phone. Being that in the uk and us Network providers provide for a blackberry complete plan that offers unlimited internet downloads and uploads.

Questions is can it also be used on an android phone, after some googling the answer was yes. Big thanks goes to the guys on androidforum.com

Time to get the bang for your buck, no more all that horse power and so little room to gallop.

So these are what you will need on your android phone or tablet.

For rooted android phones or tablet.

1.Download superuser if you dont have it, if you do, then download SetDns from google play or market.

2. Pay for Blackberry complete plan, wait for the text message saying that your blackberry plan is active.
(i am using airtel's BBC plan N500 cos around my area airtel is a bit fast)

3. Go to Mobile network settings on your android.

4. Create a New Access Point. Name it anything. But in your apn tab, put blackberry.net

5. user and password, Put web.

6. Scroll down to the option apn type, there enther "default".

7. Save your apn, selet it, and switch off your phone or tablet.

8. Switch on your phone, and check your notification bar. if the 3g or edge sign is showing data coming in and going out. then your good to go. This means that the BBC plan is working as an internet access point. But you will notice that no app will connect to the net yet.

9. This where SetDns comes in, open setdns, scroll down to where a tab says googledns,your will see two input boxs below it. Leave them, and go to the tab that says apply.

10. Click Apply, A notification should show up saying superuser has granded access to setdns.

11. minimize it. and try any internet app. It will connect

12. Did i mention that setdns also speeds up your internet speed.

Non rooted Phone or tablet.

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Look for GAE proxy app and Droid VPN from google Play. and install them.

2. Open GAE proxy, scroll down to the place it asks to download additional files.

3. After the download.

4. Activate BB complete, and create your blackberry apn.

5. Open GAE proxy and click enable network.

6. Open any internet enabled app and enjoy.

Using Droid VPN

1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Download the app from Google play or google Droid VPN and download it from the site.

2.Register a username on droid vpn

3.Activate your droid vpn account,.

4.activate the app.

5. Pay for your BB complete plan, and activate the blackberry apn,make sure you get the message that your plan is active.

6. Open Droid VPN and connect it. it will give you two servers you can use for free.

7. Once its connected.

8. Open any internet enabled app and connect.

wow, that was long.

Thats all folks.

If you want to use a modem( Huwei E205 and E1550)on your tablet remember to turn off the wireless access before the tablet can see the modem.

Wanna buy a tablet.

Check these out.

I have 2pcs of MID A10 android tablets and 4pcs MID Flypad tablets forsale
Specs are as follows

MID A10 HD/3D Tablet
Processor: 1.2GHZ Ram: 512mb, 4GB internal storage,
microsd reader, keypad and pouch.
mini usb port, HDMI port for linking with HD/3D flatscreen TV's
WIFI,3G modem support,1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
4-6 hours active battery time,4 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.4, 7" tablet, auto screen rotation.
3G HSDPA modem.
with office suit,adobe reader,photoshop,air,facebook,twitter and other apps
Price N45,000

MID flypad HD
Processor: 1GHZ Ram: 512mb,4GB internal memory storage,
microsd reader, 1.3mp camera,speaker and mic.
WIFI, Ethernet, 3G module support, USB.
3-4 hours active battery time, 3 days standby mode.
Android 2.3.3, 7" tablet.
Price N26,000

Call Cj 08071064265 07035803388.

Plz, will dis work with etisalat BIS. If yes, plz wat's the code for subscription & how many MB does it come with?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Promo - Free Recharge Cards: / Research & "FBT" Thread ( This is not a chat room ) / Nokia Secret Codes(Revealed Here).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.