Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka (13221 Views)

Nursing Mother Arrested For 3.7Million Fraud (photos) / Woman Pours Hot Water On Nursing Mother (graphic Pic) / Traffickers Caught Smuggling Nursing Mother, Children Into Nigeria (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by youngies(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2012
ension mounts in Opi, Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State as masquerades took turn in the series of rape stories synonymous with the community. The alleged rape of a female student, Ngozika Ugwu, presented mixed feelings and reactions to what may have bedevilled the community in the recent past.

Rape stories in Opi, a community in the university town of Nsukka, have occupied major national dailies, hitting banner headlines, from the three quarters that make up the community, Idi, Ogbozalla and Ibeku.

In 2011, the story of the rape of women between 70 and 80 years spread like wild fire in the country, raising eyebrows on the motive for such inhuman and barbaric act by, especially, youths of the community. Some of them were fingered and allegedly arrested, interrogated by the police but could not be persecuted because of want of evidence.

Following this development, Ada Enugu Women Organisation led by Mrs. Kate Ezeofor stormed the community for a church service at St. Charles Catholic Church parish, Opi to cleanse the land and the old women that were defiled.

Few months later, Opi women took to the streets in protest of yet another rape at Ogbozalla–Opi. The protest attracted the quick intervention of the Chairman, Nsukka Local Government Council, Mr. Tony Ugwu who invited all the stakeholders in the community to discuss the ugly development and proffer solutions. Though it was later discovered that the protest had political undertone, the council boss brokered peace to the satisfaction of all.

Barely few months of enjoying peace in the area, masquerades took turn in the series of rape stories in the community by defiling a 28-year-old undergraduate nursing mother. The victim told Crime Alert in tears that the trauma of the rape will forever live with her but stated that she had forgiven the rapists.

While narrating her ordeal, she appealed to local, state and federal governments to ensure that truth prevails in this country by fighting for the poor masses. Ngozi, who dropped out from her NCE programme at the Enugu State College of Education (Technical)due to lack of funds after her ordeal, called on concerned Nigerians to come to her aid to enable her go back to school.

She also hinted that the release of one of the suspects on the flimsy excuse that he was going to write his JAMB examination was not encouraging, attributing it to the fact that her family is poor and helpless.

Her story:

It happened on March 21, 2012. There were three masquerades that day but two were spotted and people started running. I was going to fetch water and as people were running, I equally ran and hid somewhere until the two masquerades passed. After the masquerades passed, I came out and continued with my journey. Soon, I heard a child saying that another masquerade was coming. I didn't see the masquerade but people were running and I ran to enter into someone's house.

The masquerade emerged from a corner (apiam way) and pushed me into the building where I was running to. I tried to escape but could not. It caught up with me and started beating me. What surprised me was that the masquerade said it has been looking for me for long and had now caught up with me. I sought to know what I did to deserve such treatment and at the same time pleading for forgiveness but it continued with its threat.

This time, it swore to take me to a bigger masquerade inside the forest, saying it has been long I had been insulting them. My cries for help and that I was a nursing a baby fell on deaf ears. As the masquerade was dragging me along, a man with wrapper came and pleaded with the masquerade to leave me but it refused, saying that I have insulted them for too long. It insisted on taking me to the bigger masquerade which will compel my clan to bring a cow as sacrifice.

All my pleadings with the man who came to my rescue failed. The masquerade dragged me to a bush path,threw me on the ground fell on me. It held me on the neck to prevent me from shouting and blocked both my eyes and nose. At this stage, I nearly lost consciousness until one man came and rescued me from its grip. He removed the face of the masquerade and that was how he was identified.

As soon as he was identified, he ran away.

More people gathered there and helped to take me where I was given first aid treatment at a chemist before I was taken to St. Joseph Hospital, Opi. I didn't know when I was taken to the hospital. When I started gaining consciousness, I did not see my pant and my bra was torn. It was then I realised that the masquerade raped me. Fear gripped me that the masquerade may have transmitted HIV/AIDS into me.

More Explosive: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1673-masquerade-rapes-undergraduate-nursing-mother-in-nsukka
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by youngies(m): 7:39pm On May 31, 2012
Nsukka people should get to the root of this shameful act.
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by oduasolja: 10:32pm On May 31, 2012
hmmmm. masquerade raping people. wonders shall never end.
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 31, 2012
The gods also need to shagg sometimes you know. . . grin people funny sha cheesy
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Ndipe(m): 1:12am On Jun 01, 2012
Not funny at all, it's a crime!!!

~Bluetooth:

The gods also need to shagg sometimes you know. . . grin people funny sha cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by stanogb(m): 2:16am On Jun 01, 2012
youngies: ension mounts in Opi, Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State as masquerades took turn in the series of rape stories synonymous with the community. The alleged rape of a female student, Ngozika Ugwu, presented mixed feelings and reactions to what may have bedevilled the community in the recent past.

Rape stories in Opi, a community in the university town of Nsukka, have occupied major national dailies, hitting banner headlines, from the three quarters that make up the community, Idi, Ogbozalla and Ibeku.

In 2011, the story of the rape of women between 70 and 80 years spread like wild fire in the country, raising eyebrows on the motive for such inhuman and barbaric act by, especially, youths of the community. Some of them were fingered and allegedly arrested, interrogated by the police but could not be persecuted because of want of evidence.

Following this development, Ada Enugu Women Organisation led by Mrs. Kate Ezeofor stormed the community for a church service at St. Charles Catholic Church parish, Opi to cleanse the land and the old women that were defiled.

Few months later, Opi women took to the streets in protest of yet another rape at Ogbozalla–Opi. The protest attracted the quick intervention of the Chairman, Nsukka Local Government Council, Mr. Tony Ugwu who invited all the stakeholders in the community to discuss the ugly development and proffer solutions. Though it was later discovered that the protest had political undertone, the council boss brokered peace to the satisfaction of all.

Barely few months of enjoying peace in the area, masquerades took turn in the series of rape stories in the community by defiling a 28-year-old undergraduate nursing mother. The victim told Crime Alert in tears that the trauma of the rape will forever live with her but stated that she had forgiven the rapists.

While narrating her ordeal, she appealed to local, state and federal governments to ensure that truth prevails in this country by fighting for the poor masses. Ngozi, who dropped out from her NCE programme at the Enugu State College of Education (Technical)due to lack of funds after her ordeal, called on concerned Nigerians to come to her aid to enable her go back to school.

She also hinted that the release of one of the suspects on the flimsy excuse that he was going to write his JAMB examination was not encouraging, attributing it to the fact that her family is poor and helpless.

Her story:

It happened on March 21, 2012. There were three masquerades that day but two were spotted and people started running. I was going to fetch water and as people were running, I equally ran and hid somewhere until the two masquerades passed. After the masquerades passed, I came out and continued with my journey. Soon, I heard a child saying that another masquerade was coming. I didn't see the masquerade but people were running and I ran to enter into someone's house.

The masquerade emerged from a corner (apiam way) and pushed me into the building where I was running to. I tried to escape but could not. It caught up with me and started beating me. What surprised me was that the masquerade said it has been looking for me for long and had now caught up with me. I sought to know what I did to deserve such treatment and at the same time pleading for forgiveness but it continued with its threat.

This time, it swore to take me to a bigger masquerade inside the forest, saying it has been long I had been insulting them. My cries for help and that I was a nursing a baby fell on deaf ears. As the masquerade was dragging me along, a man with wrapper came and pleaded with the masquerade to leave me but it refused, saying that I have insulted them for too long. It insisted on taking me to the bigger masquerade which will compel my clan to bring a cow as sacrifice.

All my pleadings with the man who came to my rescue failed. The masquerade dragged me to a bush path,threw me on the ground fell on me. It held me on the neck to prevent me from shouting and blocked both my eyes and nose. At this stage, I nearly lost consciousness until one man came and rescued me from its grip. He removed the face of the masquerade and that was how he was identified.

More people gathered there and helped to take me where I was given first aid treatment at a chemist before I was taken to St. Joseph Hospital, Opi. I didn't know when I was taken to the hospital. When I started gaining consciousness, I did not see my pant and my bra was torn. It was then I realised that the masquerade raped me. Fear gripped me that the masquerade may have transmitted HIV/AIDS into me.

More Explosive: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1673-masquerade-rapes-undergraduate-nursing-mother-in-nsukka
the evil that men do lives with them...
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Odunnu: 4:59am On Jun 01, 2012
youngies: Nsukka people We should get to the root of this shameful act.
What a shameful act! I am disgusted.
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by dasparrow: 5:28am On Jun 01, 2012
youngies: ension mounts in Opi, Nsukka Local Government Area, Enugu State as masquerades took turn in the series of rape stories synonymous with the community. The alleged rape of a female student, Ngozika Ugwu, presented mixed feelings and reactions to what may have bedevilled the community in the recent past.

Her story:

What else is new? I am not suprised. Sexism is a big problem in Nigeria just like tribalism and many mothers and fathers have refused to raise their children right and instill the fear of God in them. God has long left the building called Nigeria. The evil perpetrated in Nigerian society is just too much especially considering how religious the society is. As a nation, we are heading towards the path of destruction fast. And then later on, some shameless chuvinists will log into nairaland and complain there are no virgins left in Nigeria. How could there be when you commit atrocious acts against your females (both young and old) and defile their bodies? Anyways, God Almighty is watching and Nigeria's day of reckoning is coming pretty soon. Mark my words!

3 Likes

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by dayokanu(m): 5:40am On Jun 01, 2012
After the ABSU 5, r@pe of grannies now its Masquerades taking care of their spiritual kongi

Na wa oo
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Afam4eva(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2012
This sounds like a scene from a nollywood movie. What kind of masqurade rapes someone?
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2012
Why would an entire community decide to turn themselves into a laughing stock because of one useless boy?
How much were the police paid for an entire station to be in on the plundering of a nursing mother?
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2012
A friend of mine was robbed of his laptop, ipod, blackberry and all he carried on returning from work. The police forced him to write a statement that he was careless and lost his possessions due to his carelessness. So i am not really surprised.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2012
the gods must be h0rny wink

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 01, 2012
Until IBO people reduce †ЂΞ cost of gettin married τ̅o their daughters, rape cases will continue τ̅o emanate frm ∂α† region. Cause & effects theory.

3 Likes

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by greenhope(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2012
I don't know what is wrong with that place, there was a time it was old women. I think the land needs cleansing or education.
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Murphy7h4: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
*dhtml:
A friend of mine was robbed of his laptop, ipod, blackberry and all he carried on returning from work. The police forced him to write a statement that he was careless and lost his possessions due to his carelessness. So i am not really surprised.
very nice!
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2012
Jenams: Until IBO people reduce †ЂΞ cost of gettin married τ̅o their daughters, rape cases will continue τ̅o emanate frm ∂α† region. Cause & effects theory.

Why ra-pe innocent ladies when there are ashewo joints around ? Abeg,ra-pe is encoded in their DNA. grin

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by ebamma(m): 9:40am On Jun 01, 2012
so primitive traditions like dis still exist in dis country?
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2012
Babzilla: the gods must be h0rny wink

They like beer too grin grin

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 01, 2012
The cow neva write jam finish? Why would the police allowed him to go and sit 4 d exams in the 1st place. Imagine, the ibotic tout wants to go to higher institution, to do what?
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Martini101(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2012
Nsukka and itz Promiscuity again! A snake 'll always give birth to a long thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by muyoto: 9:56am On Jun 01, 2012
until and unless that eedoit is caught and dealt with , revolting stories like will continue
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by maclatunji: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2012
afam4eva: This sounds like a scene from a nollywood movie. What kind of masqurade rapes someone?

@bolded, the typical Nigerian masqurade.

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by duke4ever: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2012
Jenams: Until IBO people reduce †ЂΞ cost of gettin married τ̅o their daughters, rape cases will continue τ̅o emanate frm ∂α† region. Cause & effects theory.
With this sort of comment, Nigeria educational sysistem is in a sorry state. Sorry for the breast you suckled!

3 Likes

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They like beer too grin grin
The gods must be thirsty too
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by mjconcept(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Only Nsukka IBOTIC masquerade can do that.
My guy it seems like bigotism runs in your blood Nsukka is just like Lagos.
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Donmeca(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2012
I thought masquerade were spirits? Was dat a spiritual act? Maybe those who don't like judging MOGs will still prefer not to judge diz hornyy spirits....god's reps...leaf am for God. #pathetic

1 Like

Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2012
mjconcept:
My guy it seems like bigotism runs in your blood Nsukka is just like Lagos.

Not until ibos dissvirgin lagos . grin
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by mjconcept(m): 10:16am On Jun 01, 2012
Martini101: Nsukka and itz Promiscuity again! A snake 'll always give birth to a long thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you been to Nsukka before? Or are just showcashing your high level of frustration angry
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 01, 2012
mjconcept:
Have you been to Nsukka before? Or are just showcashing your high level of frustration angry

Stop ra-pin your women !
Re: Masquerade Rapes Undergraduate Nursing Mother In Nsukka by mjconcept(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Not until ibos dissvirgin lagos . grin
Yes Nsukka is a peaceful place to leave until other tribes disvirginalize and leave trace of evil things,thank God for the introduction of task force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hate Speech: Offenders Risk 10 Years Jail, N25m Fine – IGP / Nigerian Killed In A Carjacking Incident In Kenya / Bishop’s Wife Arraigned For Duping Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.