Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors (16011 Views)

Flash: Aregbesola To Replace "Sacked Doctors" With Native Doctors / President Goodluck Jonathan Sacked Doctors And Went To Germany / Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by putro(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2012
ObamaUS: Nigeria is a very funny country.In a sane society,Fashola would be made to account for the lost lives he could have helped to prevent.
The docs would still be paid their may salary that they went on strike.Add the other money paid to the locum doctors.Who will now lose?You dont start a battle you cannot finish.LASG messed up in this matter
very correct

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by maasoap(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2012
gtechnology: Government as done what pple want,pls tell fasola not to allow this to happen again dis as cause a lot of dealth
Actually, it will save a lot of lifes in the future. Who even told you that doctors would have resumed their jobs before now if they were not sacked? I believe that govt has successfully put them in check. And when next time they want to go on strike, they will surely come up with better approach.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by femmy2010(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2012
mufc009: Any doctor that goes on strike and leave patients on bed should not have been a doctor in the first place, it inhuman.

So true.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2012
PeterKbaba:

PLEASE CLICK ON THE WEBSITE BELOW AND LISTEN TO TINUBU AND FASHOLA SPEAK OF THE RECALL OF ALL DOCTORS. ANY WISE EDUCATED NIGERIAN ON THIS SITE SHOULD SPOT THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN PDP AND ACN ( SPOT THE SINCERITY IN THEIR WORDS AND RESPECT FOR THE MASSES THEY GOVERN "NO EGOISM"

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/videos/2012/05/31/20120531V01.wmv

Thanks for the video, very enlightening. . . .no wonder the public thoughtbelieved that the strike was over.

The dismissal was not even significant in the first place (according to Null hypothesis), these guys must be on weed (both the consultant and the houseboy).
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by onyxo76(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2012
its good the issue has been resolved to some extent but the full effects of this strike will be felt when these doctors resume at their duty post hopefully on monday,several experienced hand have already gotten employments elsewhere with better pay etc, so replacing them will be tough.for those who think a doctor can be jobless, on the contrary most doctors already have too many calls to perform this or that.has anyone ever heard of an experienced surgeon being jobless? those guys are forever cutting jobs here and there, infact they complain of not even having enough time to rest before being called for another surgery somewhere.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by member479760: 11:35am On Jun 01, 2012
onyxo76: its good the issue has been resolved to some extent but the full effects of this strike will be felt when these doctors resume at their duty post hopefully on monday,several experienced hand have already gotten employments elsewhere with better pay etc, so replacing them will be tough.for those who think a doctor can be jobless, on the contrary most doctors already have too many calls to perform this or that.has anyone ever heard of an experienced surgeon being jobless? those guys are forever cutting jobs here and there, infact they complain of not even having enough time to rest before being called for another surgery somewhere.

continue to yob!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2012
Hmmn, resume to work by monday, i am waiting to see that happen, the government is still yobbing as far as i am concerned.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by putro(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
CuteTj: i didnt say we shouldnt request for better pay because we all need it but If you are an employer, will you let your employees order you around? Fashola did what he did to avert the total breakdown of law and order in the Civil Service. Now the recalled Drs will soft pedal and won't request for a pay rise for the time being. Thats the strategy Fashola employed to make them back down.
Is that how you think? from what management theory did you read that arm twisting is the best way to grind out result. So there are still people like you? no wonder we have governments like this.. Verdict-you are a blingintwight(a big fool)

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Olaolufred(m): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
fm7070:

what nonsense are you talking about? They never begged the government? Have you seen an experienced doctor looking for job before?
It is the government that will lose if they don't call them back. Why did fashola agreed with them when they strike before his second term. Let's see if he would have made it then.
I bet it, more serious strike will soon start if government refuse to cooperate with them.

I agree with you that these noise-making Doctors are not experienced. If they are, they would have just silently continue their life from another angle. Either they go register a clinic or go join the multinationals.
with the noises made so far by the Doctors, you are correct that they are inexperienced.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Olaolufred(m): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
onyxo76: its good the issue has been resolved to some extent but the full effects of this strike will be felt when these doctors resume at their duty post hopefully on monday,several experienced hand have already gotten employments elsewhere with better pay etc, so replacing them will be tough.for those who think a doctor can be jobless, on the contrary most doctors already have too many calls to perform this or that.has anyone ever heard of an experienced surgeon being jobless? those guys are forever cutting jobs here and there, infact they complain of not even having enough time to rest before being called for another surgery somewhere.

Then why were the Doctors making soooooooooooooooooooooo much noise if they no sacking them is not painful in any way?
There is no cohesion between your assertion and the Doctor's actions.
I am afraid someone is hallucinating.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
A society that is beefing their doctors, and supporting corrupt government appears to be doomed (at least in my own books), GOD HELP NIGERIA!

I think it is time for all DOCS to pray for their society. . . .
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by allycat: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sorry oh but which problem has been resolved! Tinubu has made some announcement with Fashola standing at his back. I am in my house cos I received a personal letter sacking me and until I receive a letter contrary to that , with a copy in my file, I remain sacked. I don't understand what they mean by suspending the sack, you either rescind those sack letters, no body will go back to work under those vague circumstances.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Peterwins(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
I am really disappointed with the government of Lagos State led by Fashola a SAN!!!. You cannot handle labour issues with medical doctors as if you were in a courtroom or perhaps negotiating with touts. Sacking doctors as if you were sacking bank workers in former intercontinental bank and oceanic bank. I am not a medical doctor but I hold their profession in high esteem. Their profession and industry do not deserve unnecessary contentions such as these. You can take their job from them but you cannot take their highly sought out profession from them. Only a lazy or quack doctor will feel threatened by a sack by any employer.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by armadeo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
*dhtml:
A society that is beefing their doctors, and supporting corrupt government appears to be doomed (at least in my own books), GOD HELP NIGERIA!

my brother they are beyond redemption. Save your prayers for yourself and your loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by legba1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
whwo says doctors are cut from another clothe?tell them to behave and stop being partisan.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Olaolufred(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
*dhtml:

My brother, we must first recognize a fact that we all have one thing or the other to contribute to any institution we belong.
In the company I work for, we have a goal. Government in Lagos has also proven through their developmental agenda that they have a goal to achieve. I already feel the positive effect of some of the work done by the fashola government.
However, every employers avoid wages negotiations that will instigate others against its management.
Doctors and govt. should have not stick to their stance in the first place. They are both supposed to be lenient in finding a common ground that will benefit both. But when personal interest is too much, you go than you are expected to. Action from the doctors force a reaction from the Government.
However, someone must swallow some pride for peace to reign.
Govt in Lagos has retratcted their reaction. The doctors should understand that they can't just act as if they are alfa and omega. Nurses worked as much as doctors,not to talk of the pharmacists,physioterapists,radiologists,lab.technologists etc.
Imagine all these people go on strike because they feel their doctors friends are being paid 5 times their salary.
Their must be fairness when we are demanding for wage increase.
Let us say the doctors have their jumbo pay while nurses and other medical staff embarked on strike, will doctors do all other works on their own.
Fairness should be given a chance both from the state govt. and doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by alfablondy: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Peterwins: I am really disappointed with the government of Lagos State led by Fashola a SAN!!!. You cannot handle labour issues with medical doctors as if you were in a courtroom or perhaps negotiating with touts. Sacking doctors as if you were sacking bank workers in former intercontinental bank and oceanic bank. I am not a medical doctor but I hold their profession in high esteem. Their profession and industry do not deserve unnecessary contentions such as these. You can take their job from them but you cannot take their highly sought out profession from them. Only a lazy or quack doctor will feel threatened by a sack by any employer.

Pls tell them! You can say that again and again.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
alfablondy: [/b]

Pls tell them! You can say that again and again.
In fact you can say that a thousand times over, it is allowed.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by lastpage: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
mufc009: Any doctor that goes on strike and leave patients on bed should not have been a doctor in the first place, it inhuman.
And the other side of that coin is:
"Any Government that abrogates its primary responsibility of caring for its citizens health (through adequate infrastructures and remuneration for those trained to dispel medical treatment), have no place being in Government in the first place, its is sheer "betrayal of the confidence" reposed in them by the electorate"! wink wink

Sauce the Geese, Sauce the Gander! grin

Lastpage!
BTW: I knew Fashola and his God-father will eventually back down from this show of strength.........since they are not "Doctors" by training!
We can read in-between the lines, let them give themselves "soft-landing" as they like, just stop using our tax money to sponsor "Thief-nubu's" birthday while you whine about Doctors (or any civil servants) salary!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
So the latest is. . . . . . . . the DOCS WIN EH?
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by luq4u(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
ladeeh09: It was stupid to sack them before, tinubu has only succeeded in making fashola look inept and inexperienced which is why they advised him poorly, the drs are not fools, because they are the only ones in service who stand up to injustice in the system they want to paint them poorly in the public eye.

Lagos state govt continue your spin, it's only a matter of time before the public see you for what you really are.
you must be insane,people that is saddled with responsibility of saving life leave people to die in the name of portraying govt as bad, are they not infamous 4dat.advice u 2take ur pill b4 u leap
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by sigmundfreud(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2012

Yeah...tell that to my landlord!
The same society that will raise the price of goods when they hear 'doc' wants me to offer my services to my detriment?!
There is medicine and there is charity...dont mix them up!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by sucezTP(f): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2012

Seriously, dey have no human feelings! Wat will it take dem to take care n save pple's lyf even wen d govt has refused to play dia own roles..many pple died in dis course! N mere lookin @ dis strike issue, most of d doctors have dia private hospitals elsewia. Well, mayb we shldn't blame dem!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by niyitogun(m): 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
sucezTP:

Seriously, dey have no human feelings! Wat will it take dem to take care n save pple's lyf even wen d govt has refused to play dia own roles..many pple died in dis course! N mere lookin @ dis strike issue, most of d doctors have dia private hospitals elsewia. Well, mayb we shldn't blame dem!

Jst curious...wats your opinion about the u.k docs going on strike from the 21st of this month
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by phantom(m): 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
niyitogun:

Jst curious...wats your opinion about the u.k docs going on strike from the 21st of this month
niyitogun:

dont bother yourself.really does she sound intelligent to you
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by alfablondy: 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
sucezTP:

Are u sure of this? How many Drs do you know in public service? what percentage of them owns a private hospital? Dont say what you dont know!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 02, 2012
Most doctors have their private practice aye, but private hospitals is another thing entirely.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by ektbear: 1:05am On Jun 02, 2012
So this might already be contained in this thread.

But under what terms are the sacked doctors being recalled?

Is it just

a) "you can come back to work and receive the same salary you've been having", or
b) "you can come back to work, and we'll give you what you want"

?
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by ektbear: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2012
Seems to be more (a) than (b)....?

Nigeria rehires 788 doctors fired over strike
Published May 31, 2012
Associated Press
ABUJA, Nigeria – Nigeria's most populous state says it is rehiring nearly 788 doctors fired three weeks ago for going on strike to protest their wages.
Lagos State Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola announced his decision to journalists Thursday.
The mass firing affected more than half of all physicians working in Lagos' hospitals and clinics, which quickly became overburdened. The doctors had then sued the government over their firing.
Bamidele Aturu, the doctors' lawyer, said they had not directly been informed of the decision to rehire them and that a compromise over their wages had not yet been reached. However, he said he believed the doctors would consider going back to work.
Lagos state is home to more than 17.5 million people.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/31/nigeria-rehires-788-doctors-fired-over-strike/#ixzz1wagJKI00
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by gtrust: 6:52am On Jun 02, 2012

femmy2010:

So true.

Kai Femmy sir!
You fall for this one!

Doctors are just workers, the Government is responsible for the patients! (HEALTH OF THE NATION!)

The Government is Responsible for Primary prevention: Immunisation, caring for the pregnant etc
The Government is responsible for Secondary Prevention: Smoking cessation programmes, healthy eating (no more big coke and jumbo fanta in America by Gov't policy and not Doctor policy) health of the nation etc
The Government is Responsible for Tertiary Prevention: making sure those with hypertension don't get into stroke like making sure 'bad condition does not get worse'!

Infact, the Government is Responsible for making Medical training (Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapist etc) attractive so that they will have a large pool to recruit from and maintain the HEALTH OF THE NATION!

Doctors are the ONLY professionals who are so over-worked that they don't even have time to attend their own weddings!
You cannot have your Doctor best friend attending your party for more than 10minutes! By the time you bring the wine, the phone would have rang 3 times and sometimes AMBULANCE will be infront of your house waiting to hijack the Doctor!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2012
How many doctors do you see enjoying high-life and taking the whole weekends off to rest or be with their families? So many factors need consideration here. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan To Lead Yobo, Others On Physical exercise / Missing 71 Trailers Of Rice For Adamawa IDPs Should Be Probed - Tsamdu / 50th Birthday Party Of Muiz Banire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.