Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors (16013 Views)

Flash: Aregbesola To Replace "Sacked Doctors" With Native Doctors / President Goodluck Jonathan Sacked Doctors And Went To Germany / Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by allycat: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2012
Monday is just 2 days away, and I tell you that by this time on Monday there will still be no clinics running, no theaters operating, and the emergency rooms will still not be fulnctional in Lagos State hospitals the reason being that legally the doctors are not employees of Lagos state as we speak. I have a sack letter in my file, without a letter stating otherwise I remain sacked.
On Monday some doctors will go to the hospital to find out what is going on, me I will remain in my house, shebi they used couriers to bring sack letters to doctors houses let them send the same with the rescindment letters. Doctors may not be learned fellows like our governor but neither are we illiterate casual laborers that you sack today and recall tomorrow. As I have said the effects of this sack on the health sector are going to linger for a long time. Tinubu coming on air and making the right propaganda Josie has not sorted out anything.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by vanitty: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ Then by all means, stay put in your house!!
You are making too much noise!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 03, 2012
Estos es muy muy interesante, someone get me a visa to spain, lemme go and practice doc elsewhere. . . . .sick and tired of all this crap! mierda! que el diablos!!!

Feliz domingo a todos (Happy sunday to y'all)
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by sigmundfreud(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
*dhtml:
Estos es muy muy interesante, someone get me a visa to spain, lemme go and practice doc elsewhere. . . . .sick and tired of all this crap! mierda! que el diablos!!!

Feliz domingo a todos (Happy sunday to y'all)
Guy go collect ur letter before u go visit 'feliz navidad'!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by tpia5: 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
allycat: Monday is just 2 days away, and I tell you that by this time on Monday there will still be no clinics running, no theaters operating, and the emergency rooms will still not be fulnctional in Lagos State hospitals the reason being that legally the doctors are not employees of Lagos state as we speak. I have a sack letter in my file, without a letter stating otherwise I remain sacked.
On Monday some doctors will go to the hospital to find out what is going on, me I will remain in my house, shebi they used couriers to bring sack letters to doctors houses let them send the same with the rescindment letters. Doctors may not be learned fellows like our governor but neither are we illiterate casual laborers that you sack today and recall tomorrow. As I have said the effects of this sack on the health sector are going to linger for a long time. Tinubu coming on air and making the right propaganda Josie has not sorted out anything.

ask your union leaders what you're supposed to do.

arent they the ones who organized the strike?
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by femmy2010(m): 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
allycat: Monday is just 2 days away, and I tell you that by this time on Monday there will still be no clinics running, no theaters operating, and the emergency rooms will still not be fulnctional in Lagos State hospitals the reason being that legally the doctors are not employees of Lagos state as we speak. I have a sack letter in my file, without a letter stating otherwise I remain sacked.
On Monday some doctors will go to the hospital to find out what is going on, me I will remain in my house, shebi they used couriers to bring sack letters to doctors houses let them send the same with the rescindment letters.

See a doctor that was trained to save life.
I pity the sick.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by olafolarin(m): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2012

You sound more like a casua worker than a life-saver.
I hope you stay SACKED!!!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by sucezTP(f): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2012
niyitogun:

Jst curious...wats your opinion about the u.k docs going on strike from the 21st of this month

well, if u say i'm curious abt dis..fine! Though, it depends on individual bt, i fink some docs r jst too callous for my lykin..n concernin uk docs, u need 2 update me on dat!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by sucezTP(f): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2012
niyitogun:

Jst curious...wats your opinion about the u.k docs going on strike from the 21st of this month
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by Faru: 11:00am On Jun 04, 2012
When we comment on issues we should endeavor to dwell on issues and facts rather than allowing personal sentiments and opinions becloud our sense of reasoning. The contentious issue here is the full implementation of CONMESS. Prior to CONMESS, doctors in State and Local Government employments were always looking for the slightest opportunity to switch service to Federal owing to the very large disparity in remuneration. Obviously, there is no way the health sector can develop under such circumstances. Therefore the Federal Government in its' wisdom decided to come up with a salary structure that would be uniform across board irrespective of where and who you work for. The Federal Government has since implemented this salary structures while a lot of other states have follow suite.

The demand of Lagos doctors is for LASG to also implement same. Now the big question is can LASG pay CONMESS?

"IN September 2009, following several years of negotiations between the Nigerian Medical Association and the Federal Government, the Consolidated Medical Salary Scale, CONMESS, circular SWC/S/04/S.410/220 was released by the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission. CONMESS is a uniform salary structure initiated by the Federal Government for all doctors in the country.

Medical Guild had been agitating for implementation of the CONMESS through several letters and representations to government. This culminated in the strike actions of August to November 2010, and February to March 2011.

However, in 2010, the State Government agreed to adopt CONMESS and this followed with the signing of the first ever agreement to implement the salary structure in the state. The agreement, dated November 19, 2010 with number LGS/HOS/06/Vol.VI/30 was signed by the Head of Service, Mr Adesegun Ogunlewe.

In 2011, the State government reneged on the agreement which led to a four months protracted strike in the state. With the intervention of well meaning Nigerians, the doctors went back to work after signing another agreement on the same issue with the State Government. The second agreement was dated March 24, 2011 was signed by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Henry Ajomale and Dr. Jide Idris."( from the Vangard)

How long should it take for an agreement reached and dully signed by government to be fully implement? How dare LASG try to blackmail the doctors? Are they asking for more money than their counterparts in other states or is the cost of living lower in Lagos than in other States? The blood of the those who died as a result of these strikes is on Fashola.

Governance is about the people and therefore government policies must be tailored in the betterment of the people. I had so much respect for Fashola but with this he has lost all of that.
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2012
mufc009: Any doctor that goes on strike and leave patients on bed should not have been a doctor in the first place, it inhuman.

^^^Hmmm!!! undecided Does anyone still buy that line of 'becoming a Doctor for the love of humanity; to save lives; to make a difference in the world; Hypocratic oath; blah-blah-blah; etc-etc-etc'? Yeah right!

The bottom line for these guys is myself/ourselves/weselves shocked, and patient care is a secondary consideration. When last did any of you see a Nigerian qualified Doctor with Medicines sans frontiers (Doctors without borders)? Don't get me wrong: they can and do embark on little acts social kindness, but the key thing is that such acts should not impact on their comfort and well-being. Sometimes i watch the news and see foreign Doctors and medical personnel in the harshest and remotest parts of the North, and i marvel at their commitment and kindness; you may see a NYSC Doctor there with them, but that's about it; the moment their service ends, they run faster than Usain Bolt back to civilisation (prefarably Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt).
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2012
And another thing: Nigerian Doctors can be breathtakingly arrogant, and you may have noticed the way they look down on other members of the medical profession.

Good going Fashola!!!
Re: Lagos State Recalls All Sacked Doctors by ngak: 12:49am On Jun 07, 2012
It is only the well fed that risk their lives elsewhere. If you check the background of the volunteers, you will see highly paid jobs and nice pension plans,.....besides all fields and not just medical can go to war torn areas to help......bUt I bet we won't see you running there Mr igbo man because of one thing....self preservation......unless u think the doctor has more to offer than you
Secondly, the only person that will feel inferior to a doctor in the profession is one that is not well versed in his/ her field..........a professional nurse, lab scientist, technician, radiographer etc will always be respected and their opinions sought.....you guys keep pitying the mediocres......
Free that one......
Most doctors go into medicine for love, but they still got bills to pay......so don't think they will allow anyone trivialise their cash....
Everyone knows that there's no romance without finance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Full Documentary On Nigerians Jailed In China ! (Video) / Woman Cries As She Receives Aisha Buhari's Donated Food Items In Yobe / 50th Birthday Party Of Muiz Banire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.