Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo (16870 Views)

Don’t Insult Buhari, He Is Puppet To No One, Tinubu Slams PDP / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / Jonathan May Run For African Union Chairperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Depointer1: 12:51am On Jun 01, 2012
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the Congress for Political Change (CPC) at the 2011 elections, said today he may run again for President in 2015.

If he does, he will be doing so for a fourth time, and in every election since Nigeria’s return to a democratic system.

His statement came on a day in Abuja when Buhari’s character was acknowledged by former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, who described him as an “upright” man.

Buhari had previously said he would not run again after 2011, but he indicated he might reconsider that position because of pressures from Nigerians and different groups.

The CPC leader made the remarks at the headquarters of the Congress for Progressive Change in Abuja where he had gone to show solidarity to some troubled members of its National Executive Committee (NEC). Only recently, the NEC was sacked by a faction of the party, and a factional leader installed.

“I said I was not going to submit myself for re-election in 2015,” he recalled. “But then I said, I would allow my party to decide. Since then, people have been coming, individually and groups, they have been talking to me.”

Obasanjo made his comment at a book launch in Abuja, at which Buhari was also present. Obasanjo, the two-time leader who is facing serial attacks upon his character and legacy from various sources, said he had found Buhari’s record to be unblemished.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-may-run-2015-says-buhari%E2%80%A2-he-upright-%E2%80%93-obasanjo
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 01, 2012
If he does, he will be doing so for a fourth time, and in every election since Nigeria’s return to a democratic system.

Professional presidential candidate. Jesus wept aloud!!!

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Businesstools(m): 1:31am On Jun 01, 2012
Is he confused?
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by stanogb(m): 2:23am On Jun 01, 2012
Depointer1:
Buhari had previously said he would not run again after 2011, but he indicated he might reconsider that position because of pressures from Nigerians and different groups.
I believe INEC needs more people to buy forms coz thats how they make most of their money...,but we all know he cant win... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by mensdept: 3:35am On Jun 01, 2012
If the individuals and groups are "talking" to you sir, please talk to them back and tell them to please find another candidate for once in their miserable militarized minds.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Depointer1: 3:45am On Jun 01, 2012
OBJ knows that truth now should be told and he has seen the hand writing on the wall. Without been sentimental BUHARI is upright. GEJ has done him more favour by making people reason boyond tribalism that he should get the mandate and he is a substitute to PDP. OBJ might have resigned as PDP Bot in order to show sympathy for people of Nigeria, let us welcome OBJ to the winning group. SAI Buhari

11 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 01, 2012
Depointer1: OBJ knows that truth now should be told and he has seen the hand writing on the wall. Without been sentimental BUHARI is upright. GEJ has done him more favour by making people reason boyond tribalism that he should get the mandate and he is a substitute to PDP. OBJ might have resigns as PDP Bot in order to show sympathy for people of Nigeria, let us welcome OBJ to the winning group. SAI Buhari

Buhari is not, in a word, electable.

He does not have the capacity to move Nigeria forward. Infact, GEJ is still more intelligent than Buhari who had a brilliant chance to defeat PDP but squandered the opportunity only to be crying over an impending electoral defeat which he suffered in any case. He sees no other competent candidate but himself. He can not negotiate, make deal, or persuade. The only language he understands is violence, violence and his delightful expression of how blood would flow. Have you ever watched him mouthed the phrase "something bloody will happen in 2015" and how a sudden expression of joy written on his face? He is arrogant, selfish, blood thirty, sharia loving, non cerebral, a very timid soldier who by all definition not worthy of ever downing the colors of Nigerian military attire. Any vote cast for that man is a betrayal of intelligibility,a betrayal of history, a betrayal of secularism in Nigeria, a betrayal of peace and the eternal enthronement of arrogance, selfishness, incompetence and retrogression beyond what's currently bedeviling the nation. Since 2003, this man has not found someone worthy to also back as a supporter, what a profession! What a career! What a hobby! SAI Buhari a professional presidential candidate will surely appear on his epitaph.

As usual, I expect him to campaign, tour Kano and Maiduguri twenty times telling them that a vote cast for an infidel is a vote against Allah. I expect him to talk of Baboons and blood flowing like the River Niger. I expect him to form another party, SAI BUHARI PARTY of Nigeria, when the likes of El-Rufai chase him away from CPC. I expect Buhari at the end of it all to blame it on rigging. Of course in 2016, a year into the new administration, I expect IBB to call him an upright man so he can start preparing for 2019 elections!

Sai Buhari my foot!

27 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by danjohn: 5:07am On Jun 01, 2012
Oga bayooooooo, no be only you go school. Leave Buhari alone.

bayooooooo:

Buhari is not, in a word, electable.

He does not have the capacity to move Nigeria forward. Infact, GEJ is still more intelligent than Buhari who had a brilliant chance to defeat PDP but squandered the opportunity only to be crying over an impending electoral defeat which he suffered in any case. He sees no other competent candidate but himself. He can not negotiate, make deal, or persuade. The only language he understands is violence, violence and his delightful expression of how blood would flow. Have you ever watched him mouthed the phrase "something bloody will happen in 2015" and how a sudden expression of joy written on his face? He is arrogant, selfish, blood thirty, sharia loving, non cerebral, a very timid soldier who by all definition not worthy of ever downing the colors of Nigerian military attire. Any vote cast for that man is a betrayal of intelligibility,a betrayal of history, a betrayal of secularism in Nigeria, a betrayal of peace and the eternal enthronement of arrogance, selfishness, incompetence and retrogression beyond what's currently bedeviling the nation. Since 2003, this man has not found someone worthy to also back as a supporter, what a profession! What a career! What a hobby! SAI Buhari a professional presidential candidate will surely appear on his epitaph.

As usual, I expect him to campaign, tour Kano and Maiduguri twenty times telling them that a vote cast for an infidel is a vote against Allah. I expect him to talk of Baboons and blood flowing like the River Niger. I expect him to form another party, SAI BUHARI PARTY of Nigeria, when the likes of El-Rufai chase him away from CPC. I expect Buhari at the end of it all to blame it on rigging. Of course in 2016, a year into the new administration, I expect IBB to call him an upright man so he can start preparing for 2019 elections!

Sai Buhari my foot!

7 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by dasparrow: 5:14am On Jun 01, 2012
Depointer1: Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, who was the presidential candidate of the Congress for Political Change (CPC) at the 2011 elections, said today he may run again for President in 2015.

His statement came on a day in Abuja when Buhari’s character was acknowledged by former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, who described him as an “upright” man.

The CPC leader made the remarks at the headquarters of the Congress for Progressive Change in Abuja where he had gone to show solidarity to some troubled members of its National Executive Committee (NEC). Only recently, the NEC was sacked by a faction of the party, and a factional leader installed.

“I said I was not going to submit myself for re-election in 2015,” he recalled. “But then I said, I would allow my party to decide. Since then, people have been coming, individually and groups, they have been talking to me.”

Obasanjo made his comment at a book launch in Abuja, at which Buhari was also present. Obasanjo, the two-time leader who is facing serial attacks upon his character and legacy from various sources, said he had found Buhari’s record to be unblemished.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-may-run-2015-says-buhari%E2%80%A2-he-upright-%E2%80%93-obasanjo

Agh! Let Buhari do what he wants. He obviously still has alot of looted funds left over from when he was in government so he can afford to waste it repetitively on failed election campaigns. I am afraid that if he chooses to run for presidential elections and the majority of people don't vote him in, he will start a war in Nigeria. After that war, Nigeria might just disintegrate. Remember what Buhari metaphorically said about the dog and the baboon. Either way, I wish Buhari all the best in whatever he decides.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by PointB: 5:41am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=18pt]The hound dog (buhari) and the baboon (very obj) will be soaked in blood[/size] at the end of this romance of strange bedfellows. I dey laugh o.

3 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2012
Buhari is a great man in his own right and I respect him as an elder statesman. But as far as a democracy is concerned in this digital age and time, Buhari is not the best that Nigeria has to offer.

Abuse of power is the worst form of corruption in leadership. Buhari abused power when he was military Head of State.

When Buhari seized power, he threw Alex Ekwueme into prison in KiriKiri and kept Shehu Shagari under house arrest. How do you explain such double standards?

During Buhari, journalists were brutalized, hushed and muzzled. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor were jailed under the evil laws of the Buhari regime.

During the Buhari regime, 53 suitcases were smuggled into the country at a time the nation's borders were closed because of the change in the colour of the national currency in 1984. Have we forgotten?

Under Buhari's regime, there was a law against 18 year olds going to Hajj. Tunde Idiagbon took his 14 year old son to Hajj and nothing happened.

Lawal Ojuolape, Benard Ogedengbe and Bartholomew Owoh; these three men were ordered to be executed by Buhari under a retroactive decree for the crime of drug trafficking which didn't carry a death penalty wen they committed the crime.

The late Tai Solarin was imprisoned and refused treatment for his asthma by this same Buhari.

Secretary General of the ruling NPN Uba Ahmed who was Buhari's tribesman was arrested at the airport only to be released on Buhari's orders and allowed to fly out of the country.

Buhari, like IBB and Abdusalami Abubakar treated the Oputa Panel with disdain. He refused to show up at the panel.

I will not vote for Buhari in 2015; not even if he picks the Pope as his running mate.

10 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2012
Election is over and i'm happy that Goodluck is President. Buhari had the chance to do something good by stopping his supporters from rioting but he fueled it all. is that the type of president we want in our country.

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2012
Let Buhari stand alone he will still loose
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2012
Will make my decision by 2015 when i have all alternatives in front of me. I hope better candidates would have shown interest by then. if not, Buhari isnt that bad to be President.
One thing am sure of is The Retardeen is a No-No

4 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by rasputinn(m): 8:50am On Jun 01, 2012
Iddiot,see his terrorist mouth wey e take dey talk say "I may run again",who you wan come dey tell "my pellow kwantiri-man"
Why do you want to run;YET AGAIN,oh so if you run and lose the election;AS USUAL,you would now unleash your boko and almajiri boys to murder the harmless youth corpers?
Ayatollah Buhari,run na,anybody hold you?may you run to your doom before 2015

5 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2012
Demdem: Will make my decision by 2015 when i have all alternatives in front of me. I hope better candidates would have shown interest by then. if not, Buhari isnt that bad to be President.
One thing am sure of is The Retardeen is a No-No
like you like me! i don't know who i'm going to vote in 2015 but i sure do know who am not voting, EBERE!!

3 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ebamma(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2012
no be dis same buhari cry 4 him last campaign last year 4 abuja say na dey last time him go contest 4 presidency be dat?,abi na anoda buhari be dis.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by denko(m): 8:55am On Jun 01, 2012
I prefer the leader of Boko Haram to Buhari, because Boko Haram wing of Buhari has exercise all their prowess, if i vote for buhari my right to religion is not guarantee. atleast boko haram is attacking but buhari will islamise. be warn

3 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by killuminati(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2012
danjohn: Oga bayooooooo, no be only you go school. Leave Buhari alone.

lmaogrin! See as the kpomo mouth dey watse talent.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ifeci: 9:02am On Jun 01, 2012
Well, at the moment, if it was only Buhari and Gej standing, i will vote Buhari with two thumbs without indecision worrying me! unless Gej performs a miracle before 2014! less than two yrs to go!

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ikee(m): 9:03am On Jun 01, 2012
I don't think buhari will be that very harsh as many people are claiming. He may just want to go there to repair his broken image and morever Buhari is a good muslim just like Late Yar'adua RIP. To me ,I will vote for Buhari if he decides to run again.

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ritux: 9:03am On Jun 01, 2012
Who are the Nigerians putting presure on him to contest? Buhari should act as a stakeholder/elder states man and advice the government.

When I was growing up, they said we are the leaders of 2moro smh, yet this old man want to still contest election.

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=18pt]i will Vote Buhari .....[/size]

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by onthefence: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2012
I see even the GEJ apologists can't even rout for him in 2015 but just don't want BUHARI. Our problem is that we know who will not be our president thereby living the field for all sorts of charlatans. Is it not because GEJ is absolutely useless that the likes of Buhari want another shot at the Presidency? Don't you know that performance reduces the crowd of pretenders to the throne?

2 Likes

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by abohrandy: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2012
[size=28pt]please inec, put age restriction for the buy of those forms!!!![/size]

tip: look @ buhari's current age and subtract one from it!!! grin grin grin
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ibnjarir(m): 9:12am On Jun 01, 2012

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/i-may-run-2015-says-buhari%E2%80%A2-he-upright-%E2%80%93-obasanjo[/quote]
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by espn(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2012
Nigerians knws wats rite..buh dey prefer suffering..dis fool called GEJ has no plan for dis country..al he does is to cause commotion in d country..sponsor terrorist..so dat he can steal more money..money dat can't be accountable for..dats just d fact..we want bold and competent leaders..@ least buhari made an impact wen he was head of state..dis GEJ has don absolutely nuffin..he's just a thief..stealing our money to enrich is pockect and send his so called millitants nd fellow bayelsans or south south indigenes outside d country..God wld catch him 1day..crook..

1 Like

Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by ibnjarir(m): 9:14am On Jun 01, 2012
ibnjarir:

For the records he did not contest in 1999.
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2012
dasparrow:

Agh! Let Buhari do what he wants. He obviously still has alot of looted funds left over from when he was in government so he can afford to waste it repetitively on failed election campaigns. I am afraid that if he chooses to run for presidential elections and the majority of people don't vote him in, he will start a war in Nigeria. After that war, Nigeria might just disintegrate. Remember what Buhari metaphorically said about the dog and the baboon. Either way, I wish Buhari all the best in whatever he decides.

How old are you? I deeply question your thought process!
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by nerodenero: 9:16am On Jun 01, 2012
Yes,we need a change in this country and if u ask me,Buhari isnt that change
Re: I May Run In 2015, Says Buhari• He Is Upright – Obasanjo by Ganys: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2012
denko: I prefer the leader of Boko Haram to Buhari, because Boko Haram wing of Buhari has exercise all their prowess, if i vote for buhari my right to religion is not guarantee. atleast boko haram is attacking but buhari will islamise. be warn
Now, You have show how stupid you are here. I though you were objective in your previous post. Its now a naked fact that you are a religions bigot. You are one of the 22Millions fools that voted for this SUFFERING called GEJ. repeat the same again in 2015 and continue to suffer. Suffering and smiling

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Chibok Girls Will Never Return Intact"- Obasanjo / Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority / Names Of 23 New Political Parties Registered By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.