Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,252 members, 7,860,582 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? (1804 Views)

Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
ikechukz: i thought God lead some people to war in the bible.David wey kill Goliath nko.so its better to sit and watch other people destroy your country when you can fight back.
to be a great bible scholar, you have to be able to read hebrew greek and latin because most of the words dont translate to english very well. thats why a lot of people have the wrong interpretations of the bible ( i heard this from a great scholar who reads both greek and the lashawan qadash original hebrew tongue ). fortunately, this particular translation was one of the words on the agenda. the translation from the lashawan qadash original hebrew scripts is 'thou shall not murder'. so you can kill righteously. if someone is about to take your life and you had a chance to kill them, by all means you have to. if you are being invaded by an occupying force then you have to do what you have to do to protect your territory. however if you are the army of an invading force ( which will be an unprovoked attack ) or you just randomly attack and kill someone who is not bothering you, then that is in contravention of 'thou shall not murder'
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
jmoore: Any one who is against the military needs to be psychologically examined.. The military is meant to protect, so you are sad that the military/police is fighting boko haram? How some folks think is unbelievable!! Common sense is no longer common.

If a thief comes into your house and he has a gun and u have an option to stop him with any weapon near you, you will allow him to kill you?

The military are corrupt in every country in the world.
In fact ... the military were the ones who tortured Jesus, and then hanged him as a pig of a cross, continued to torture and laughed at him ...
A death really unworthy of a god.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
buzugee: to be a great bible scholar, you have to be able to read hebrew greek and latin because most of the words dont translate to english very well. thats why a lot of people have the wrong interpretations of the bible ( i heard this from a great scholar who reads both greek and the lashawan qadash original hebrew tongue ). fortunately, this particular translation was one of the words on the agenda. the translation from the lashawan qadash original hebrew scripts is 'thou shall not murder'. so you can kill righteously. if someone is about to take your life and you had a chance to kill them, by all means you have to. if you are being invaded by an occupying force then you have to do what you have to do to protect your territory. however if you are the army of an invading force ( which will be an unprovoked attack ) or you just randomly attack and kill someone who is not bothering you, then that is in contravention of 'thou shall not murder'
that is true. The word mean thou shall not muder.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:

The military are corrupt in every country in the world.
In fact ... the military were the ones who tortured Jesus, and then hanged him as a pig of a cross, continued to torture and laughed at him ...
A death really unworthy of a god.
actually Jesus said 'it is those who handed me over that has d greater sin' is that a reason not to be a religious leader?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
Ubenedictus: actually Jesus said 'it is those who handed me over that has d greater sin' is that a reason not to be a religious leader?
A man gave him up for a couple of coins, but the military tortured, were sadistic with him ... I insist that hung like a pig died, and amid general derision of the soldiers.
No more guilty or less guilty ... guilty simply.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Image123(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ijawkid
And how do u think he must have combined his new found faith with been in d military

How would he combine d preaching and teaching work of which he'll be participating in with his military jobs.....

My brother cornelius must definitly have resigned to follow Jesus fully.............

Remember military guys are to protect there nations with there life.........

Meaning::::::::::

Protecting d preachn work and fostering Gods kingdom will be pushed to d back ground.........

Remember if cornelius still was a centurion after embracing christ he still must have gone to war ,killed persons all in d name of fighting for his country which was d wild beast(world power) @ that time........

Will Jesus accept cornelius if he did that

Remember killing is d issue here sha....
It depends on perspective. An executioner is not a murderer. governmment spends public funds all the time. it is how you spend it that qualifies you as a good government or as a criminal government. A police man's duty may involve ENFORCING law and order. If it is not done in the OFFICE of a police man, it may be seen as a breach, assault and crime. If i jail someone in my private jail(assuming i had one), for stealing my car, i would be punished. If the judge sentences the same person for stealing my car, there would be no issues.

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
John did not preach quit your job as a soldier. National security is IMPORTANT. But he preached against excesses as seen among many powerful people. What John was saying reads "Neither intimidate any one nor lay false charges; and be content with your pay." So, there is positional authority and perspective in Heaven. We love God as a Father, but fear Him as Judge.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
Image123: @ijawkid

It depends on perspective. An executioner is not a murderer. governmment spends public funds all the time. it is how you spend it that qualifies you as a good government or as a criminal government. A police man's duty may involve ENFORCING law and order. If it is not done in the OFFICE of a police man, it may be seen as a breach, assault and crime. If i jail someone in my private jail(assuming i had one), for stealing my car, i would be punished. If the judge sentences the same person for stealing my car, there would be no issues.

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
John did not preach quit your job as a soldier. National security is IMPORTANT. But he preached against excesses as seen among many powerful people. What John was saying reads "Neither intimidate any one nor lay false charges; and be content with your pay." So, there is positional authority and perspective in Heaven. We love God as a Father, but fear Him as Judge.
i agree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Rights Do We Deserve As Human Beings? / Was Jesus Referring To Islam? / Psychiatry And Religion: Show Me Your Ailment And I'll Prescribe Your Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.