Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? (1790 Views)

Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ozegbe(m): 9:24am On Jun 01, 2012
just wondering if a soldier can live the life of christ.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2012
If he kills for his nation then I wonder if he can be a follower of christ....

Christ won't go to war.....

Not even for d nation of isreal.....

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
good question. well if you are 'born again' in the nigerian army, i dont see the problem. nigerian army dont go to war. so its just a job basically. if you are in the american army ? the answer is an emphatic 'no'. simply because the chances of being deployed is extremely high and more than likely you will have to kill someone. and if you kill someone there is no coming back from that.

GENESIS 9 VS 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

GALATIANS 6 VS 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

NUMBERS 35 VS 33 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: good question. well if you are 'born again' in the nigerian army, i dont see the problem. nigerian army dont go to war. so its just a job basically. if you are in the american army ? the answer is an emphatic 'no'. simply because the chances of being deployed is extremely high and more than likely you will have to kill someone. and if you kill someone there is no coming back from that.

GENESIS 9 VS 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

GALATIANS 6 VS 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

NUMBERS 35 VS 33 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.

Lol...

U answered d question in a very funny way......

Nigerian army is really a relaxed one indeed....
Hehehehehehehehehe

Its like civil service job....

And yes ur correct,a true christian shuldnt take sides in war nor kill....

No coming back bro...

Good comment.......

We never finish our argument for d other adamic thread.....lol
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol...

U answered d question in a very funny way......

Nigerian army is really a relaxed one indeed....
Hehehehehehehehehe

Its like civil service job....

And yes ur correct,a true christian shuldnt take sides in war nor kill....

No coming back bro...

Good comment.......

We never finish our argument for d other adamic thread.....lol
My Bros naija army na jollof life now. once in 20 years you may be needed as ecomog force but the rest of the time is for drinking shekpe and peppersoup grin grin. i may even join sef. actually i should join. this way when i get stopped at checkpoint or airport i would not get harrassed. great idea. am going to look into joining grin you know say i done supply answer for that other thread. make i go look for some hot scriptures to buttress my point grin
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ozegbe(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: good question. well if you are 'born again' in the nigerian army, i dont see the problem. nigerian army dont go to war. so its just a job basically. if you are in the american army ? the answer is an emphatic 'no'. simply because the chances of being deployed is extremely high and more than likely you will have to kill someone. and if you kill someone there is no coming back from that.

so therefore no american soldier will go heaven?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ozegbe:

From Jesus words will d soldier go to heaven?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
The bible says that Jesus raised Lazarus ...
Like everything the Bible says, deserves at least the doubt ...
It is good to hope for a miracle, but miracles do not happen. The Jewish-Christian god, calling for human sacrifice was a deal more directly with men ... Later that God changed his character and his speech (it may have been an electoral point in the sky), and now it asks sacrifices humans, but neither works miracles.
God has changed ... maybe it effect the cooling of the planet ...
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

All american soldiers go to heaven. A heaven full of beer and prost.itutes that God has prepared especially for them, who are their friends.
They tortured in Guantanamo to apply the law of God ... kill unarmed Iraqi civilians (women and children) on behalf of the peace of God, violate women to bring Christianity to the savages, Cuba blocked for Satan does not spread. Meanwhile, in Africa are dying of hunger ... children
Alleluia!
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by jmoore(m): 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
Of course a soldier can be a bornagain
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ozegbe:
i cant answer the question based on your concept of heaven ( cuz it is false if it is catholic church based ). but put it like this, if jesus returned today to set up his kingdom on earth, and the soldier already killed someone in this his lifetime ? then he will be totally destroyed in the 7 year plagues and then when he is exterminated, depending on whether he is an israelite or not, he will reincarnate into heaven on earth as a slave or a free-man. if he is an israelite, he would have already paid for his sins for rejecting the lord because all israel have paid for rejecting the lord by being put in slavery for over 1000 years starting from the egyptian slavery. so as such an israelite in the american army who has killed someone will be destroyed ( painful death ) when christ returns and then will reincarnate into heaven on earth.

an american soldier who is not an israelite will be destroyed in the 7 year plague and then will reincarnate into slavery in heaven on earth. reason being gentiles only got united under the law with israel when the bible was made universal. the gentiles had no laws before and as such were not sinning ( no law means no trangression romans 4 vs 15 ) and were used as the lords weapons ( psalms 17 vs 13 ). however when israel had had enough beatings from the gentiles ( his weapons ) he decided that the free beatings had to stop and then he sent jesus to die for israel so they can write the laws that will unite the gentiles under the law. and now gentiles have the law but have not paid the price for rejecting the lord ( the one of them which reject the lord ). so as such a killer gentile in the american army will reincarnate into slavery in heaven on earth and do 1000 years of slavery.

however if jesus does not come anytime soon, and both gentile and israel soldiers die, they will reincarnate in the 3rd or 4th generation into hell on earth so they can come pay for their crimes. and the punishment for their crime will be a gruesome death as they have dished out ( galatians 6 vs 7 )

hope that makes sense.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ptolomeus:
All american soldiers go to heaven. A heaven full of beer and prost.itutes that God has prepared especially for them, who are their friends.
They tortured in Guantanamo to apply the law of God ... kill unarmed Iraqi civilians (women and children) on behalf of the peace of God, violate women to bring Christianity to the savages, Cuba blocked for Satan does not spread. Meanwhile, in Africa are dying of hunger ... children
Alleluia!
point noted...smiley however, please understand that the mere fact that all these happen does not imply that God approves of them. Every man shall give account of himself/herself. Children die everywhere, and it's pretty saddening that Africa play host to a greater number of them who die of hunger and diseases...we've got our leaders to be blamed. We've got those who mismanage our resources and send citizens to their early grave to be held responsible...and not God. For God has given everyone the Free will...to choose. smiley

op
yes, they can. If they believe in the Lord Jesus and are led by the Spirit of God...the bible says that for as many as are led by the Spirit of God....he gave them power to become the Sons of God..
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

not if they are gentiles grin
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Alleluia!

Heheheheeh

Which heaven wan occupy them?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by jmoore(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
In the New Testament, Jesus marveled when a Roman centurion (an officer in charge of one hundred soldiers) approached Him. The centurion’s response to Jesus indicated his clear understanding of authority, as well as his faith in Jesus (Matthew 8:5-13). Jesus did not denounce his career. Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character (Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47; Acts 10:1; 21:32; 28:16).

Military service was never condemned in the bible. You can still be a christian and serve in the military.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Heheheheeh

Which heaven wan occupy them?
God must have solve the problem, because the devil did not accept that scum in hell!
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore: In the New Testament, Jesus marveled when a Roman centurion (an officer in charge of one hundred soldiers) approached Him. The centurion’s response to Jesus indicated his clear understanding of authority, as well as his faith in Jesus (Matthew 8:5-13). Jesus did not denounce his career. Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character (Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47; Acts 10:1; 21:32; 28:16).

Military service was never condemned in the bible. You can still be a christian and serve in the military.

The Jewish-Christian god always loved the military.
judges 11:30-39
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
numbers 25:1-13
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
1 Samuel 21:1-9
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore: In the New Testament, Jesus marveled when a Roman centurion (an officer in charge of one hundred soldiers) approached Him. The centurion’s response to Jesus indicated his clear understanding of authority, as well as his faith in Jesus (Matthew 8:5-13). Jesus did not denounce his career. Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character (Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47; Acts 10:1; 21:32; 28:16).

And kill people ba?

I believe Jesus will approve d killings too

Killing is d issue.........

He that kills by d sword dies by it....

Let's see if an army man can by-pass that verse and go into heaven....
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

And kill people ba?

I believe Jesus will approve d killings too

Killing is d issue.........

you damn right genesis 9 vs 6. i dont envy babangida in his next life. didnt he kill dele giwa and vatsa ? grin grin he shall recieve his comeuppance
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
buzugee: you damn right genesis 9 vs 6. i dont envy babangida in his next life. didnt he kill dele giwa and vatsa ? grin grin he shall recieve his comeuppance

Lol.....

That guy called babangida na winch o......

Military guys are most times bloody....

Blood guilty.......
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

That guy called babangida na winch o......

Military guys are most times bloody....

Blood guilty.......
oh yeah lets not forget benjamin adekunle grin i hear he had a constant hardon for the ikemba. he had a goat that he named ojukwu during the biafran war. this guy is nuts.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by jmoore(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2012
Any one who is against the military needs to be psychologically examined.. The military is meant to protect, so you are sad that the military/police is fighting boko haram? How some folks think is unbelievable!! Common sense is no longer common.

ijawkid: Killing is d issue.........

If a thief comes into your house and he has a gun and u have an option to stop him with any weapon near you, you will allow him to kill you?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
jmoore: Any one who is against the military needs to be psychologically examined.. The military is meant to protect, so you are sad that the military/police is fighting boko haram? How some folks think is unbelievable!! Common sense is no longer common.

If a thief comes into your house and he has a gun and u have an option to stop him with any weapon near you, you will allow him to kill you?
good question. Some people dont see a difference btw protecting and killing.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ubenedictus: good question. Some people dont see a difference btw protecting and killing.

The question as christians that both of u shuld have asked is what will Jesus do

I thought we had a master we follow closely.....

So u mean d soldiers that went to iraq were protecting lives

So those who fought d world wars and our local biafra war too were protecting lives.........

Jesus said any who kills would get killed in return.......

My point is put Jesus's example and principle ahead of this ur protection theory.....

If Jesus had ur mentality he wuld never had died for any of us......

Peter tried defending his master,d same theory u guys are fostering,but Jesus rebuked him with those words........

Now I see why d world will never knw peace.....

Because professed christians join in d worlds wars and killings and think they are doing d right thing........

Again the question u shuld ask is ""WHAT WILL JESUS DO""

Can we stick to Jesus's principle and stop being presumpteous
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
ijawkid:

The question as christians that both of u shuld have asked is what will Jesus do

I thought we had a master we follow closely.....

So u mean d soldiers that went to iraq were protecting lives

So those who fought d world wars and our local biafra war too were protecting lives.........

Jesus said any who kills would get killed in return.......

My point is put Jesus's example and principle ahead of this ur protection theory.....

If Jesus had ur mentality he wuld never had died for any of us......

Peter tried defending his master,d same theory u guys are fostering,but Jesus rebuked him with those words........

Now I see why d world will never knw peace.....

Because professed christians join in d worlds wars and killings and think they are doing d right thing........

Again the question u shuld ask is ""WHAT WILL JESUS DO""

Can we stick to Jesus's principle and stop being presumpteous
this is a smackdown. i bet Jmoore is in the intensive care unit as we speak grin grin just leaking out of every orifice
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by jmoore(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
ijawkid:

The question as christians that both of u shuld have asked is what will Jesus do?

Which of the Jesus, the one you said is not a God or another?

Next time you meet an armed robber, stay still and do nothing so he will kill you.

buzugee: this is a smackdown. i bet Jmoore is in the intensive care unit as we speak

I don't play the games you are used to here for many years.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
jmoore:

Next time you meet an armed robber, stay still and do nothing so he will kill you.

So which games do you play ? hide the sausage ?
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
jmoore:

Lol......

I'm talking about Jesus d only beggoten son of Yahweh......:-)

When did I ever argue that Jesus christ is not a God?

I only argued that Jesus isn't Yahweh and that Yahweh is greater than he is..............
Shikena
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by Image123(m): 12:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
Cornelius was a centurion in Acts 10, he was born again and filled with the Holy Ghost.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
Image123: Cornelius was a centurion in Acts 10, he was born again and filled with the Holy Ghost.

And how do u think he must have combined his new found faith with been in d military

How would he combine d preaching and teaching work of which he'll be participating in with his military jobs.....

My brother cornelius must definitly have resigned to follow Jesus fully.............

Remember military guys are to protect there nations with there life.........

Meaning::::::::::

Protecting d preachn work and fostering Gods kingdom will be pushed to d back ground.........

Remember if cornelius still was a centurion after embracing christ he still must have gone to war ,killed persons all in d name of fighting for his country which was d wild beast(world power) @ that time........

Will Jesus accept cornelius if he did that

Remember killing is d issue here sha....
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ikechukz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
i thought God lead some people to war in the bible.David wey kill Goliath nko.so its better to sit and watch other people destroy your country when you can fight back.
Re: Can A Soldier Man Be Born Again? by ijawkid(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
ikechukz: i thought God lead some people to war in the bible.David wey kill Goliath nko.so its better to sit and watch other people destroy your country when you can fight back.

Where dey christians or born agains?

Remember d topic under consideration

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Had A Chance To Kill Adolph Hitler.....,.. / Jesus Is Coming Very Soon / Inspirational Quote Of The Day: God's Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.