Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

smiley :-))) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / smiley :-))) (5245 Views)

Poll: Can this marriage be saved?

Yes: 42% (24 votes)
No: 57% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Unique Smiley Throw Pillows For Sale From N3400 / Painting A Little Smiley Faces On Everything You Touch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2007
cool
Re: smiley :-))) by Seun(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2007
Was this a green card marriage? Because I don't understand why you married him in the first place. He was doing all these things before you got married, and now that you're married you expect him to change? Sorry, not possible.
Re: smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2007
wink
Re: smiley :-))) by Seun(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2007
Do you mean real marriage as in you married him because the sex was good?
Or was it because you felt he was the right one for you? I seriously doubt that.

I don't think this relationship can be saved. Get out before you get pregnant!
Under no circumstances should you bring a child into the messy marriage, please.

If he loves his ex so much, maybe you should have urged him to go back to her.
Re: smiley :-))) by janami(f): 11:18am On Nov 21, 2007
seun is kind of right marriage is a serious thing, frankly i dnt think things will improve any as far as his ex wife and child are still there. i dnt think this marriage can work (sorry dt sounded harsh jst my honest opinion)
Re: smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2007
;d
Re: smiley :-))) by Etin(f): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2007
I am really sorry to hear all you have been going through. I can imagine how difficult if would be. Marring into a family with a child means the mother would and can always have access to the guy using the kids as an excuse. What did you expect? did you think the child would just disappear? The direction you go is entirely up to you , your values, ability and strenght. This marriage is in the very early stage of marriage and it just might be the usual teeting problems of any young marriage. People are people no matter the colour they want the same thing, don't reduce your capacity for a successful marriage by thinking your colour has anything to do with it. If you married one of your own race with the same situation the same would happen. Ask yourself some important questions and be sincere with the answers you give yourself it might help you decide what next.

[list]
[li]Why did I marry this man what do I expect from this marriage?[/li]
[li]Do I still love him, Can I find it in my heart to express to to him? [/li]
[li]Does he love me?[/li]
[li]Why did he leave the first wife, has he any unfinished (emotional) business with her ?[/li]
[li]Do you really stand a chance of being happy in the triangle any time in the future[/li]

[/list]
Re: smiley :-))) by chuckdee4(m): 11:34am On Nov 21, 2007
IMO i don't thik u should have married him knowing fully well that he had a child, unless of course u were happy with it. The honest truth is that even if his ex-wife was not there when u guys were courting, she was always going to be involved one way or teh other cos she's had a kid with him, plus it gives her an edge over u because his first kid is with her and not u. Thats why most people don't want excess baggage like an ex or a kid when going into a new relationship or marriage
Re: smiley :-))) by yewaman1(m): 11:35am On Nov 21, 2007
well if you ask me, why remain in a marriage you are not HAPPY, since
they seem to spend so much tyme together, anyway sha he has started
vabal abuse on you, very soon he will get physical with you.

GET OUT NOW. ALL THE BEST
Re: smiley :-))) by zheroes(m): 11:36am On Nov 21, 2007
hello party 787,
its really pathetic cos you ve got a lot to worry about,  i fear for you since you said you have discussed with him, if he loved the mother of the child so much he should have married her, besides you are his wife and you both have become one flesh but in this case its not so, i guess i can understand how you feel, sometimes you want to kill, it can get that bad.

my advice: have a talk with him and the childs mother, that closeness is very dangerous, she possibly could have another child for him. if it doesnt come out positive, please make a decision you know you can very well cope with because as it stands he is enjoying his marriage big time while you are dying in silence, no, for me, thats unacceptable.

take care and pray really hard.
Re: smiley :-))) by benedo(m): 11:37am On Nov 21, 2007
My dear etin,
Plsssssssssssssssssss get out of this sham that you are still dignyfying by calling a marriage, apparently you are very very sad and unhappy and with the littlle you have said, iv tried to project into the immediate and  long term future with this man , ummmm it looks preetty baaaaaaaaaaaad.
Re: smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2007
:p ;d
Re: smiley :-))) by Yinkwamo(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2007
I wonder why people are having problems with their marriages these days is it that they don't look before leaping? this is a great lesson for we nairaland members that we should LOOK BEFORE LEAPING. LET HE THAT HAS EAR LISTEN TO WHAT THE SPIRIT IS SAYING. Madam don't even contemplate divorce FOR WITH GOD NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE. I really feel for you.  sad cry
Re: smiley :-))) by yewaman1(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2007
By the way just checked your profile what is a 23yr old doing in marriage,
you should still be enjoying your life or was it an arranged marriage (sorry to say),
I have said my own get out, before before he starts pounding (physical) you.
cool
Re: smiley :-))) by obyann(f): 11:47am On Nov 21, 2007
Be very careful. I think its better to give them chance for now (leave the house). the more you see them together the more you hurt yourself.
Re: smiley :-))) by obyann(f): 11:53am On Nov 21, 2007
yewa-man:

By the way just checked your profile what is a 23yr old doing in marriage,
you should still be enjoying your life or was it an arranged marriage (sorry to say),
I have said my own get out, before before he starts pounding (physical) you.
cool

at 23, shes matured to get married. a lot of girls got married at that age and it turns out to be a successful one
Re: smiley :-))) by amaikama(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
Going by your post, i say, "NO" it not worth it and i advice you to get out while you still can.
Re: smiley :-))) by Nannu(f): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hello Patsy
Sorry to hear about your situation, I'll give you some thoughts of mine here, but hope you'll be able to come with a good solution to this all.

First, even there are kids from a previous marriage, it doesn't mean that the ex-wife is part of the family. It's good that the man and his exwife has good relation when considering the kid, but there must be some boundaries. Apparantly your husband doesn't realise this. I'd say try to talk to him still about it, without accusing him, but explain how it makes you feel, and tell him that you refuse to feel like a "second wife". If he doesn't care about your feelings over to the ex wife, then I think you should really consider a divorce.

The second thing that makes Me worried at least, is his jealousy for you. A little jealomatteusy is normal, but when the husband starts limiting your life, it's usually a matter of that he doesn't trust you, and he doesn't trust himself or have good self esteem, and also, he might be cheating on you himself, because he is so afraid that you will, (if you get my logic behind this one, )

However, I do not know your husband, so better is that you talk to him yourself. If he doesn't understand your points and if the marriage seriously starts seeming like living in hell, then splitting up might be actually the option, But try other things first.
Re: smiley :-))) by EKENEA(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2007
is it separation or divorce because once married can never be satisfied with another marrage.
Re: smiley :-))) by femi4love(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2007
EKENEA:

is it separation or divorce because once married can never be satisfied with another marrage.

Where is your source for the above, sir?
Re: smiley :-))) by oje(m): 12:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
If you ever get a second chance in life, always Look, think, consider, analyze and accept before you leap. People get married for different reasons, even if they don't accept it.
My question is: why did you accept to marry him? check your response to my question with what you are getting and make a decision on what to do.
shikenna!

All the best dear.
Re: smiley :-))) by Stardust(f): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2007
Dear poster,

Just a few things I would like to say.

Firstly, this man had a family before you met him. You accepted to marry him knowing this, and I hope you thought about what you were getting into before agreeing to marry him. His child and ex-wife are always going to be part of his life. My advice is that you accept this and look at ways by which you can get more involved. Don't let your jealousy of the ex and child drive a wedge between you and your husband. If you accept his ex-wife and tried to get on with her, things might just start brightening up.  undecided

Secondly, you say he is over protective everytime you go out. Well, you can't really blame him because,
[list]
[li]You look good whenever you go out. It would only be natural for him to be jealous as other men will see you and find you attractive[/li]
[li]Could it be that he is treating you the same way as you treat him (accusing him of carrying on with his ex)? Think about it  undecided He could just be mirroring your own behaviour towards him.[/li]
[/list]

Thirdly, if he is abusive, either verbally, mentally or physically. That is not acceptable. What I want to know is, what is your reaction when he is abusive? do you cuss him back or just stand there and take it? I would suggest that next time when he abusive, leave him to cool down, then talk to him. Explain how you feel about the whole situation and his relationship with his ex-wife. Tell him what your worries about their relationships are, and try to get more involved in their relationships. You are married to him, so you should share everything, he can't be having secret or private meetings with his ex-wife.

With respect to the ex-wife being at every family gathering, you are just going to have to grind your teeth and bear it, cos she is part of the family whether you like it or not.
Re: smiley :-))) by FBS: 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hey Patsy, why don't you two have a heart to heart discussion, only there and then can you come up with a decision and believe in situations like this, ONLY GOD can help you. No amount of advises here can help, you are the one in that situation and ONLY YOU know exactly how you feel. Him being white is no excuse! But you must get on with your life, you should not be the second or third important person in his life, infact, you should be the first ( God supercedes though,). Remain blessed.
Re: smiley :-))) by toyboy1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2007
Patsy,
what were ur expectations when u married him?
where these expectations in tandem with the reality on ground?
if u actually knew all these b4 d marriage and u went along, then, u r not being truthful to ur self about what you are experiencing now. Cos u cant just wish his son or ex wife away, they are part of his existence as well, but if u think theres so much attachment and leaning towards his ex? then u need to have a heart to heart talk with ur hubby, then of course take d case to God.
Re: smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2007
shocked
Re: smiley :-))) by patsy782(f): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2007
shocked
Re: smiley :-))) by FBS: 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2007

I have just come to a conclusion that he doesnt have a clear vision about his future and that he's a bit confused, he says he loves me, but this is not my defination of love

1. what is your definition of love
2. Do you love him?
3. If you 2 cannot find a compromise, then there is a huge fire on the mountain!!!!
4. It is very very very bad to be abusive, been drunk or not, personally, I see it as a lack of respect
Re: smiley :-))) by chychy(f): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
My dear, hard as it is, n marriage being for better or worse, it is my honest opinion that both of u either go for counselling or a divorce. If u r ever gonna have sanity of mind, body and spirit, u have to leave and i must add that i agree with those that say u shd not give him child.[i][/i]
Re: smiley :-))) by BekinableG(m): 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2007
who knows whether it is the childless situation that made him to reconcile with the ex-wife?
if u are a Christian remember your bible which state "what God has join together no man shall put asunder"
Biblically u don't have any right to put them apart. just like she too not having any upper hand on u. u both have equal right. except u go for devoice that is the only thing left. for u.
pray hard, and open ur eyes there are some plans between the two of them.
remember somebody there love and cares for u.
chai!!!!!!.
Re: smiley :-))) by sheisnice(f): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2007
Pat, am so sorry u find urself in this situation, but i want to tell u to trust God, wt Him all things are possible, He can make u to start loving ur husband and hv a blissful marriage once again. Pray nd Trust God, ur marriage will survive
Re: smiley :-))) by wakagirl: 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2007
From your post you are definitely not in a marriage if you have said the truth. I am suprised because the ex will never accept that if its the other way round, you need to part from that marriage with maturity, just talk to him and let him know you are no longer interested in the marriage but be careful you know how crazy they can behave, one just killed his ex wife, the kids and sister inlaw in London recently. God will see you through but you are definitely not in a marriage
Re: smiley :-))) by naughty(f): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2007

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What A Lady Should Know Before Dating A Married Man / Wife Cooks Badly / A Lady's Last Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.