Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines (17391 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / Malawi President Bingu Wa Mutharika Is Dead! / T. B. Joshua's Prediction?: Malawi President's Unconscious After Heart Attack (2) (3) (4)

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by nagoma(m): 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
Buc: Pls u people should stop putting idea of selling state properties into d head of a Nigerian ruler otherwise not only re we not going to c d money but, this people we sell beyond what u advise them sell and expect a free 4 all with Jona at d top. I woult b suprise if policemen start selling guns and patrol vehicles given to them and gatemen at govt buildings removing d gates 2 sell not to talk of d ogas.

They did that with thousands of government houses and tens of thousands of government cars when OBJ's was the Emperor. They sold all to themselves for peanuts. The entire national assembly quarters of thousands of houses in Abuja was (stolen) sold for next to nothing.

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Piyke: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
The report notes that the running cost for the sold jet was GBP220,000. I can just imagine how much goes towards the maintenance of our 9-jet presidential fleet. Thats NGN57 million per jet going by this figure.

The other good thing about this beautiful story is that this good woman emerged from the blues and makes me know that such is possible for this country. I wait for our servant president

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by luvinhubby(m): 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
Good move but...., sounds like moves made as a condition given by imperial masters britian to attract their financial aid.
Poor African nation, returning imperial flag, selling govt. Properties and releasing homosexuals for a brithish pat on the back.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by jephiano: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
A Colleague once told us of his friend who is House of Reps member. This 'honourable' has 11 cars in his abode in ABJ. When our colleague querried him on why he had so many cars he said something like: 'guy leave am, motor don do me something for this life. U know how we been suffer na. Naim i resolve sey i go show motor pepper when i make am'. Now this is just ur average house of reps dude. What about the senators, ministers, governors etc? I suppose they may hav sent their cronies to Malawi to buy the cars and jets off the 'foolish' woman by now.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
on the presidental jet i disagree based on the example of where i came from zimbabwe, zimbabwe has no presidental jet and mugabe hijack AIR ZIMBABWE like it is his own toy, flights can be cancelled becoz mugabe has taken one plane for his singapore trips and that has brought AIR ZIMBABWE to its knees
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by ballabriggs: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Malawi gets foreign aid at almost 20% of its GDP and still had a Presidential jet. These African leaders need to have their heads examined.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by yohannazack(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
Gud move from Mrs. Banda, on the sell of these fleet of needless cars, but bad move on the lifting of ban on homosexuality, also, bad move frm d Britain, Germany, and d wors one is d IMF. Dis guys are evil my pple, we nid to pray fo malawi pls. All the asistance frm dos pple are traps, they hav evil intention towards malawi. God wil deliver us from d anti-christ.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Reference(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
That's what Murtala was doing until they caught up with him at Obalende. The rest is history. Madam be flying commercial. You know your people well.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Swagahyk(m): 1:08am On Jun 02, 2012
luvinhubby: Good move but...., sounds like moves made as a condition given by imperial masters britian to attract their financial aid.
Poor African nation, returning imperial flag, selling govt. Properties and releasing homosexuals for a brithish pat on the back.
..i hate homosexualism...it suckz

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Ranoscky(m): 1:33am On Jun 02, 2012
luvinhubby: Good move but...., sounds like moves made as a condition given by imperial masters britian to attract their financial aid.
Infact ehn, believe u me, i dont just know what to say!

Am i to call it good move or a bad ideal?
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by santakris(m): 1:40am On Jun 02, 2012
I still dey laugh. U people have not seen anything yet. Very soon now u will see president retardeen in a convoy of predential jets in the space. Who says its not possible.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by general89: 2:20am On Jun 02, 2012
Ignatio: I think selling the jet and the limos are to divert our attention from the real deal which is lifting ban on gays. They give her aid on the terms that she turn Malawi into a homosexuality heaven. Epic fail on her side.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 02, 2012
jephiano: A Colleague once told us of his friend who is House of Reps member. This 'honourable' has 11 cars in his abode in ABJ. When our colleague querried him on why he had so many cars he said something like: 'guy leave am, motor don do me something for this life. U know how we been suffer na. Naim i resolve sey i go show motor pepper when i make am'. Now this is just ur average house of reps dude. What about the senators, ministers, governors etc? I suppose they may hav sent their cronies to Malawi to buy the cars and jets off the 'foolish' woman by now.
LMAO! cheesy I couldn't help but laugh @ this. Its not by being a charity economy o!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Murphy7h4: 5:11am On Jun 02, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Ignatio: I think selling the jet and the limos are to divert our attention from the real deal which is lifting ban on gays. They give her aid on the terms that she turn Malawi into a homosexuality heaven. Epic fail on her side.
bumps
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Bancuri(m): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2012
As I read the article below women shld rule Africa and not these crap, polygamous African men!!!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by gtrust: 5:29am On Jun 02, 2012
Very Bad move!

Malawi returns to Colonialism!
The Colonial Masters are scrambling for their loot!
Britain, Germany etc the Usual Suspects and armed with IMF!

Worse still, every dirty old man will also be heading to Malawi for
'homosexual tourism'!

If you are a Muslim, if you're a christian and even if you don't do religion,
please, there is WAHALA in Malawi!

PRAY FOR MALAWI my people!!!

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by gtrust: 5:46am On Jun 02, 2012
jephiano: A Colleague once told us of his friend who is House of Reps member. This 'honourable' has 11 cars in his abode in ABJ. When our colleague querried him on why he had so many cars he said something like: 'guy leave am, motor don do me something for this life. U know how we been suffer na. Naim i resolve sey i go show motor pepper when i make am'. Now this is just ur average house of reps dude. What about the senators, ministers, governors etc? I suppose they may hav sent their cronies to Malawi to buy the cars and jets off the 'foolish' woman by now.

Any car older than 4 years is a liability!
Infact, if not by miracle, na de car go show you pepper by the time you calculate mechanic money!

Rich Oyibo people show car pepper by returning their one-year old car for a brand new tear-rubber latest model.
They don't go near mechanic because car is under warantee!
This moves debits a good few dollars off your account as a brand new car loses about 30% of purchase price the minute you drive off! Just incase someone want show car pepper!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Jarus(m): 6:23am On Jun 02, 2012
Good one. I just hope it's not one of those populist decisions leaders take when elections(as substantive president) are in sight.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by econome(m): 6:25am On Jun 02, 2012
Good move Brenda,Let's men learn from you!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by optimistD(m): 6:40am On Jun 02, 2012
Delafruita: it was apparent from her visits to SCOAN that she is a person who you will epect to do great things.TB Joshua told her to prepare even when she was vice president and i remember him extending an invitation to her to take a counselling session with him in preparation for the net step.i believe that counselling is bearing fruits.
wetin concern Tb joshua 4dis matter now? Mtcheew!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Conner44: 6:52am On Jun 02, 2012
onila: this is why women shld rule Africa and not these crap, polygamous African men

you tend to sound too gender minded becouse the presidend is a woman
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by pinkrex(m): 6:58am On Jun 02, 2012
We Nigerians attempt matters according to our own plights, thats very Irrational I say. Did you see that cracker *transformation from a God's fearing state to aid fearing state*. That comic idiom carries a message the sightless cannot behold. Why would a sane woman is a third world country filled with blood thirsty politicians and coup plotters sell off all Presidential travel and security assets just because she loves to hitch-hike? Obama fly economy class as well but why hasn't he sold Airforce1? You cannot expose your stupidity in cloak of humility to the detriment of your sensitivity.. If she needs to travel for an emergency meeting I guess she would have to go on foot cos she is humble. And why wont Imf and Britain attack African cultural values be taking advantage of a loopole? Homosexual rights my foot! Why did she marry? And when you subject your country men to begging then then you leave them at a mercy of western dictatorial foreign policy shit!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2012
ebamma: she is not the one in charge of the country now, its the imf and the world bank and britain,any decision she takes is not hers but their's.

Thank you o my brother.She just devalued their currency by a 3rd and promised to lift the ban on homosexuality.Isnt she worse than jonathan ? She is just another puppet in government serving the whims and caprices of mama charlie. angry
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by OperaMini1(m): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2012
A good move sha, but how does Britain recoup all these investment cos the last time i checked, Malawi was not an oil producing nation?
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2012
Opera Mini: A good move sha, but how does Britain recoup all these investment cos the last time i checked, Malawi was not an oil producing nation?

It doesnt matter if they recoup their investment in as much as it satisfy their evil taste for expansionism and hegemony.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Les: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2012
ebamma: she is not the one in charge of the country now, its the imf and the world bank and britain,any decision she takes is not hers but their's.
fine 1 there. She lifts ban on homosexuality 4 intanational aid? Devalued there curency on intanational request. Hell no, dat woman is nthn but a intanational pupet! Wise up Africans!
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Les: 7:51am On Jun 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Thank you o my brother.She just devalued their currency by a 3rd and promised to lift the ban on homosexuality.Isnt she worse than jonathan ? She is just another puppet in government serving the whims and caprices of mama charlie. angry
so bluetooth, you wise like this? Though you get coma (,) sha, but na true talk. She is WORSE and DARKER than our Pa Jona here!

Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Tropilo(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2012
Delafruita: it was apparent from her visits to SCOAN that she is a person who you will epect to do great things.TB Joshua told her to prepare even when she was vice president and i remember him extending an invitation to her to take a counselling session with him in preparation for the net step.i believe that counselling is bearing fruits.

Did TB Joshua also tell her to legalize homosexuality/lesbianism?
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Lisa1: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Tropilo(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2012
BlackBaron: Meanwhile, our President uses a convoy of 22 armoured mercedes cars, travels in various Presidential jets and has sole use of 1 of the airforce's C-130 to ferry his cars whenever on a visit to other African states.

Its not a presidency problem alone. Its a Nigerian problem. If you're employed in a big firm in Nigeria you'll understand these things. For instance, try and find out how many fleet of cars is on the hold of the MD of Nigerian Bottling Company all maintained by the coy as compared a similar office of his British counterpart.
You will find a minimum of no less than 10 cars under the Nigerian MD's hold while this British counterpart will may have none. The cost of production for a bottle of coke in Nigeria from mixture to distribution is just about N11/bottle, but i think it goes for N80/bottle of 50cl. The customer pays for the remaining N69 to maintain the life styles of the MD, Directors and senior management. Hence the high cost of living in Nigeria, and thats how it goes with other coys and even worse the public corporations.
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by egoldman(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2012
Britain or not, IMF or not, i am proud of that woman , whatever she saves for her country with these actions , Nigeria would save 1,000 times more, the issue is this , will our government do the same ? Your guess is as good as mine .
Re: Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines by Tropilo(m): 8:51am On Jun 02, 2012
santakris: I still dey laugh. U people have not seen anything yet. Very soon now u will see president retardeen in a convoy of predential jets in the space. Who says its not possible.

Left to some people the president should be jumping molue or danfo just because he is a certain Jonathan. Forgetting the fact that, that Jonathan is Mr. President of Nigeria and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal REPUBLIC of Nigeria. Not the republc of "begging" Malawi or the republic of "dependant" Lesotho.

"No Voter ID, No Sex For Kenyan Men" - Kenyan Female Politician / Spying On Your Spouse Phone Is Now A Crime In Saudi Arabia, ₦47M Fine & A Year. / African Countries With 24/7 Power Supply

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51