Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. (7263 Views)

Hosni Mubarak Is Dead? / Hosni Mubarak In Full Coma / Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Suffers 'heart Attack' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by warrior101: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
nerodenero: Freedom doesnt come cheap,you fight for it and earn it.Until then,we will continue to dwell under these corrupt minorities called leaders.

There is no real freedom anywhere... A revolution will only result to a power change... It is also inevitable. It happened in trance; it happened in america; Libya' regime just past with the fall of my guy Qaddafi, then Egypt... when it is time (of which some people are pulling the string now)we will have one...
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by nerodenero: 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
warrior101:

There is no real freedom anywhere... A revolution will only result to a power change... It is also inevitable. It happened in trance; it happened in america; Libya' regime just past with the fall of my guy Qaddafi, then Egypt... when it is time (of which some people are pulling the string now)we will have one...
Without doubt,you are on point but it seems we are not ready.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by warrior101: 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
Danka7777: Mubarak would had fought this until the end like Gaddafi. Better dead than serve life sentence.

No my friend... the surrender tactics is a valuable weapon until you can strike with the element of surprise if he has to(i now know Col. Qaddafi made a mistake )... he can now siddon look waitin dey happen aftermath him regime from him prison...
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Myself2(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
If you know nothing about Egyptian poltics please keep quiet..how is Mubarak their best president? with all their revenue/GDP an average civil servant's salary= 5kg..

Your father,I will lecture you on Egyptian history and politics.You must be a daft dolt to assert the the muslim brotherhood's candidate is the best for all Egyptians
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by honeyguy(m): 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
Myself2:

Your father,I will lecture you on Egyptian history and politics.You must be a daft dolt to assert the the muslim brotherhood's candidate is the best for all Egyptians

you have only displayed your level of maturity and exposure..i don't need to argue with you..grow up and seek for knowledge especially on issues you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Myself2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
^^^^
Like I said,YOUR FATHER

You dont even wanna know me.You want to define maturity and exposure by your standards;be my f[i]u[/i]cking guest,but I dont give a flying f[i]u[/i]ck about that.I only told you the true position of the Egyptian polity.Keep wishing for Utopia
¬!¬!¬!
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by ndahbros1: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
Myself2:

How many Egyptians are rejoicing?Mubarak is the best president those Egyptians have had so far.He had no option but to rule with an iron fist as he knows his countrymen,being fellow arabs are a problematic lot,especially as mambers of their military gruesomely assasinated Mubaraks boss,Sawdat right before his own eyes,infact he was lucky to escape then with his life.

I say nobody should rejoice yet,let's see the outcome of the run-off election,woe betide them,and especially the non-muslims if those sharia-mouthing terrorists in the muslim brotherhood win.

U r so right! Most Nigerians commenting here seem to see d issue as one of simple choices. It is not, at all. The problem with a revolution like d one in Egypt is d slim chance of d emergence of real democratic alternatives. Now they are rid of Hosni, what choices r they left with? A hard-core Islamic extremist on d one hand, and Hosni's Prime Minster on d other hand. They hv to choose between a rock and a hard place. If d Muslim Brotherhood candidate wins, it will mean a rapid Islamisation of Egypt and also, an extremist, anti-liberty, totalitarian Islamic govt and cabinet. Freedom will be severely curtailed. The secular nature of Egypt will be history. And, more worrying is d prospect of hostilities or even outright war with neighbouring Israel, if d Muslim Brotherhood's body language is to be read correctly. Soon, Egypt might find itself in d mold of countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran where citizen's rights(esp women's rights) are severely curtailed in d name of Islam.
On d other hand, a Shafiq-led govt is just a continuation of d Hosni era. Thus, they would be voting in Hosni Mubarak's proxy. It will be a throwback to d same regime they shed bllod to oust. The only gud tin here is dat d new leader will not be eager to start hostilities or war wit Israel and wil uphold d Camp David Accords.
So what really changed in Egypt? Nothing much! That is d problem with revolutions: who comes next?

If I were to vote though, I'd vote Shafiq.

1 Like

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by zangiff(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2012
end of the road
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by ndahbros1: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
stagger:

You are obviously not watching the scenes of jubilation on Al-Jazeera and other stations.

A woman who divorced her husband for being a drunkard will surely rejoice on d day of her remarriage to another man: until she discovers that he is a wife-beater. That is Egypt's lot now.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by roybassey(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
Justice prevails ìn nations where da citizens riseup in one voice n say wat is right n wats not.nt naija dat we sit dwn n wait 4 who goes 1st 4 a mopol man 2 use him n shyne.til we revolt we wnt get justice hia.shekina

1 Like

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by gbadexy(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
Egypt is lucky to have upright judge.if it were in nigeria,highest that would happent is six month in a private hospital.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by ndahbros1: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2012
Myself2:

He doesn't understand all d strands of Egyptian, Mid East, and world politics. Those ones are just Lagos or Ibadan champions. Ignore him. What does he know?
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
afam4eva: The international criminal court in the hague should please remember Nigeria. We're the most populous black nation in the world.

Another nescient Nigerian. For God in heaven what is wrong with you people? Don't you know why the International Criminal Court was founded? Have they prosecuted anyone from the west? Not to my knowledge. So Why are they only picking up of cases against ex. African leaders? pick a book and read my friend!You think ICC has a genuine objective; this is 21st century colonialism at full throttle!

1 Like

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by stagger: 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Myself2: ^^^^
Like I said,YOUR FATHER

You dont even wanna know me.You want to define maturity and exposure by your standards;be my f[i]u[/i]cking guest,but I dont give a flying f[i]u[/i]ck about that.I only told you the true position of the Egyptian polity.Keep wishing for Utopia
¬!¬!¬!

It is your own father that will eat Sh.it. You think you can hide under the cloak of anonymity? Can you walk up to the guy one on one and abuse his father? Nonsense!
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by sadyeek(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
[size=16pt]this egypians are wicked, he stepped down fa.. No fight like ghadafi, I wonder what the ponishment for ghadafi would have been if they caught him..[/size]
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Yeske2(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
scopusng: How I wish Nigeria court can do same to IBB, Obasanjo and David Mark. Foolish people God punish una dis morni.
You forget the retardeen himself, GEJ.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by love4ual: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2012
i do not believe in nigeria.......

but deep in my heart i still pray God help nigeria....not because of me because i no longer live in nigeria, but for those people in the pentecostal church in nigeria who pray for the deliverance of nigeria day and night......crying their lives out....
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by asscend: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
love4ual: i do not believe in nigeria.......

but deep in my heart i still pray God help nigeria....not because of me because i no longer live in nigeria, but for those people in the pentecostal church in nigeria who pray for the deliverance of nigeria day and night......crying their lives out....

You have spoken like a traitor. You sit in another man's land who laboured for the rights and peace you are enjoying there today.

If everyone leaves Nigeria who will help Nigeria. The churches are praying and their prayers are working. It may look like its not but its surely working. Nigeria has gone tru civil war and that experience is not worth repeating. Many of you have not experienced war b4, if you have you will never wish it upon any one. Those praying for Nigeria should stay the course. It sure works... As they pray,, God will give them good enough ideas and the right people to pilot the affairs of the nation.

Don't give up on Nigeria. Its your country.. Stay the course. Nigeria is less than 60 years. Changes are happening... How old is the nation you are in?
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by asscend: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
Why did they sentence him and leave the others to go free? His police chiefs etc all worked out free... Rubbish.

Egypt is in for a very interesting ride, we shall be watching, in a few years i will like to ask them what they have gained by jailing the man.

Ungrateful people. They asked him to step down which he did; now they have jailed him ha ha ha ha ha ha. Mubarack pls enjoy your pension in jail and rest good.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by asscend: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
warrior101:

We don't have a dictator as our President so i don't know what you mean by revolution? These nations you mentioned had dictators as their leaders. What Nigeria needs are more credible and strong institutions. With a powerful Press and not the cut and paste journalist we have today.

Work on these things and you will see the ills of your elected and sometimes selected leaders corrected.

1 Like

Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by iykak47: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nothing has really changed in Egypt, on 16th and 17th of this month the country shall chose between an islamic hard liner Muhammed Mursi of Muslim brotherhood, who has promised to introduce sharia which most Egyptians are kicking against, and former prime minister under Hosni Mubarak, Ahmed Shafiq who still openly expresses his admiration for Mubarak, the people regard him as the continuation of the old regime.
Talking of the devil and the deep blue sea.
The two men are not the men the revolutionaries who went to Tahrir Square last year had in mind when they demanded for democracy,nobody should be suprise when the Egyptians go back to Tahrir Square to re occupy after the election, unfortunately for them Shafiq has promised to crush any illegal protest if he is elected.

The lesson here is that not every revolution brings the desired results.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by asscend: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
iykak47: Nothing has really changed in Egypt, on 16th and 17th of this month the country shall chose between an islamic hard liner Muhammed Mursi of Muslim brotherhood, who has promised to introduce sharia which most Egyptians are kicking against, and former prime minister under Hosni Mubarak, Ahmed Shafiq who still openly expresses his admiration for Mubarak, the people regard him as the continuation of the old regime.
Talking of the devil and the deep blue sea.
The two men are not the men the revolutionaries who went to Tahrir Square last year had in mind when they demanded for democracy,nobody should be suprise when the Egyptians go back to Tahrir Square to re occupy after the election, unfortunately for them Shafiq has promised to crush any illegal protest if he is elected.

The lesson here is that not every revolution brings the desired results.

Very Well said.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by deebsman1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
stagger: IBB and co, take note! Mubarak was 84 years, which shows that no matter what, no matter the age, justice will one day be served.
U Made sense....on point
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by cemeseh(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
scopusng: How I wish Nigeria court can do same to IBB, Obasanjo and David Mark. Foolish people God punish una dis morni.
grin
money nai get all 4 nija.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by velo10: 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
Poor Mubarak, he's already a sick man with serious health issues. They want him to die like that in jail with his two only sons incarcerated too. For service for his country, this sentence should be reconsidered
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by cap28: 3:13am On Jun 03, 2012
velo10: Poor Mubarak, he's already a sick man with serious health issues. They want him to die like that in jail with his two only sons incarcerated too. For service for his country, this sentence should be reconsidered

people like you are the reason nigeria will remain in a sh.it state till eternity.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by olaoluwapopoola: 5:47am On Jun 03, 2012
scopusng: A court in Egypt sentences ex-President Hosni Mubarak to life in prison for complicity in the killing of demonstrators during last year's Arab Spring uprising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/#TWEET154293
My guy you are just too funny it seems you are very much angry with Nigerian leaders. I understand your frustration they have failed us particularly the youth woefully.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by olaoluwapopoola: 5:52am On Jun 03, 2012
cemeseh: grin money nai get all 4 nija.
That is my prayer too my guy you are too much for your comment so funny. grin
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by member479760: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2012
Egypt superior pass us small, den fit do that.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Megabyts(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2012
Tell GEJthat no condition is permanent.
Re: Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. by Myself2(m): 4:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
stagger:

It is your own father that will eat Sh.it. You think you can hide under the cloak of anonymity? Can you walk up to the guy one on one and abuse his father? Nonsense!

Okayyyyyyyy,you don misyarn finish abi,your belle don sweet you well well abi?Ah ahh,see mumu they prize o.Com com com,I call your name put for the matter?or you're just a narccissitic imbe[i]c[/i]ile?Little wonder they say empty barrels make the loudest noise.You know how the matter take start?he asked me to go and sit down,I told him your father(now where I come from,your father can be used in different contexts,in this context,it meant something like 'you dey maddd",but since you dey prize;here take your own,YOUR FATHER(and this time,I mean fu[i]c[/i]k your weak di[i]c[/i]ked father
Ode,I see sh[i]i[/i]t is another name for your mother's smelling poosie,and you hope my dad would eat it one day nahhh,the guy is too Behind for that,not even your wife's own would suffice for even my rottweillers will not condescend to phuck or eat your wife's poosie,so I hate to dissappoint you

See asylum reject wey dey wan show himself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obama's Final State Of The Union Address / Israel 's F-35 Disgraced By Soviet S-200 In Syria / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.