Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,129 members, 7,829,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each (18720 Views)

Man Born Without Arms Graduates From The University (Photos) / Photos: Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Graduates From College / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by 55gal(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hmmmn.my immediate younger brother graduated with first class last year and i just spoke with him about this development,he said he is not aware of it and no one contacted him.Can some one pls talk to me?Is there anything he need to do before he can benefit from it aside graduating with first class and been from Delta State?pls. reply.tnx
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Johnsinia(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
nous: It is true, i am a beneficiary of d scholarship. The money is meant for our postgraduate study in any part of the world. 36 benefitted last year, 47 of us enjoyed it this year.
The beautiful rhing is that it is up to Phd level. So if I decide ro do my Phd, I will get 5m p.a.
I am typing with my phone would have uploaded the letter. Maybe on Mon.
congrate, i wish my state governor will do dsame.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Exponental(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
Waste of money...... Avenue of looting, lectures go phuck tire, babes go sale properties for marks, gengengen...........

What he should do is give automatic jobs not money, money dat will not get 2 dem or partly.
Oshiskoo!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Phate07(m): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
miteolu: The beneficiaries were given N5 million each to engage in any study of their endeavours after being assured of automatic employment with the state government at the end of their studies.

The state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan who released the fund to the state’s scholarship board for onward disbursement to the students promised to continue to fund scholarship scheme to encourage excellence in tertiary institutions in the state.

In his address, the state’s Commissioner for Higher Education, Professor Hope Eghagha said that the sum of over N296 million approved for the 2011 first class scholarship scheme was for five existing awardees and 47 new ones.

Prof Eghagha noted that the scholarship scheme was given out on merit just as he explained that nobody lobbied for it.

One of the beneficiaries, Mr. Michael Chijuka, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues thanked the state government for the kind gesture and promised that they would utilize the opportunity given them judiciously.

The governor also explained that the scholarship scheme was put in place to help build human capital and instil academic discipline in higher institutions.
source(http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/47-first-class-graduates-from-delta.html?

Is it just me or are they only females in this pic?
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by programmer2: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
asscend:

They did not get first class?
what happen to we in other nigeria university and are first class student
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
this is a noble gesture. For most of u complaining, 1st class no be beans. If uduaghan had embezzled dis money, u wldnt remember the bad roads in Asaba or Warri. So make una chill jor.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nimakor: 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

Again, I am not surprised.
sup bro! Like u have a brain freeze or sumtin. Knock it off!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nimakor: 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

Again, I am not surprised.
sup bro! Like u havin a brain freeze or sumtin. Knock it off!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by programmer2: 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Johnsinia:
congrate, i wish my state governor will do dsame.
what he has or given are pear nut compare to what has eaten or stole ask jame iburi
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Jarus(m): 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

Don't mind them. Even though, standard is not the same across schools, First Class can not be achieved without a measure of brilliance, dedication, seriousness and capacity for imaginative thoughts. Is it not funny that someone who made a third is accusing a First of not being able to defend his/her grade?

Besides,a number of people mistaken First class for being a genius that must know everything, write error free sentences and speak flawless grammar. They even thought First class is synonymous with having superb social skills. That's is absolutely wrong. First Class means you have studied a particular discipline and achieved the highest grade.

Social skills, networking, making friends, managerial skills which are badly needed in work place are learnt not in class but in participating in many organisations, clubs and fraternities on campus. So when they say First Class can not defend their degree, you have to ask them "What do you mean exactly?" Are they more qualified than professors in the subject matter who awarded the degree?

Oh, this must be the best comment I've read on NL on this subject.

Some people even expect First Class Bsc to know more than a professor! That is what they call defence of degree.

3 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by osifred(m): 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
Am scared of this trend of criticizing every move by the government.
How can a sane person say first class doesn't mean anything to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ or that giving out 5 million not for any purpose but for advancement of educational pursuit be a waste of money.
How can developing the human resources of a state be a misplaced priority?

Let M̶̲̥̅Ƹ leave you with the words of Lukcy Dube. "You call yourself voice of the voiceless, freedom fighter, but the only time you speak you criticize the work of others. What have you done for your people?"

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by kutchs: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nigerians and their attitude, you can neva please them no mata wot u do. Wot would you do if Uduaghan spends the money on himself? Would you kill him? Get a life all of you and commend the man joor. He is not the best and certainly not a saint but commend him if he does good and condemn him if he doesnt. Sometimes I begin to wonder why Nigeria is in this mess when evribodi knows wot to do, wen to do it.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by otokx(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
Government magic
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by emmykk(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

sharaaaup!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by dbc1: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
Gbam... I agree wit u. I'm currently serving in dis state capital n people kip sayin they prefer ibori's tenure to this cos they were little improvements in providing social amenities. My ppa is a state secondary school, u wud cry if u see the buildings. God help delta State. First class is just a result, d person might b dumb to solve issues of life whereas a third class degree holder might b the richest man in Africa tomorow.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
That pix is not the pix. We were about 6 ladies the odaz were guys. I ll upload d pix on Monday.
For you who asked about the process, just google delta state scholarship board, it ll lead u to d website. All you need to do us to get d scratch card, fill d form and u ll be invited to present your credentials.
It is a process that is based on merit. I am a living testimony.
For those beefing, just try to appreciate good initiatives. The scheme is designed to encourage diligence.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by babyboy3(m): 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
tnt_hommie: Nice gesture.btw are the first class materials only females? embarassed

I just noticed hmmmmmmmm
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by LKO(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
Quite a commendable gesture coming from d governor. Many thanks to d higher education commissioner 4 facilitating this well deserved award. Such a scholarship should also b extended to graduates wit second class upper.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by maigaskiya1: 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
Samsonferan: Recommendable remark. This is what Lagos state should emulate, not instigating student to demonstrate over the renaming of their institution
gbam
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Youngsage: 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
[size=60pt].[/size] undecided
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by WhyAWhy(m): 3:32am On Jun 03, 2012
You can never satisfy anyone

[size=18pt]For that guy who thinks you can buy first class by sleeping around or using money, your A-R-S-E would probably be RED VOLCANIC HOT before you make it to 4.4[/size]

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tonymariao(m): 4:50am On Jun 03, 2012
First class nawa days; na wa oh...signs of falling standard of education abeg l tink d number is high 4 one skul or abi sm buz dey maybe 4 sharing fomular trust 9ja ppl Lol
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tonymariao(m): 4:58am On Jun 03, 2012
I just hope is by merit anyway gud 4 dem l wish dem luck.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by freddie009(m): 5:32am On Jun 03, 2012
Guys against Uduaghan good works,I think you just been jealous because you not a beneficiary of the 5 million naira,turning up the table saying their bad roads is just an excuse,to make first class isn't an easy thing, make una go make first class and get you 5 mil, instead of blaming Uduaghan,
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by freddie009(m): 5:35am On Jun 03, 2012
[quote author=nous]That pix is not the pix. We were about 6 ladies the odaz were guys. I ll upload d pix on Monday.
For you who asked about the process, just google delta state scholarship board, it ll lead u to d website. All you need to do us to get d scratch card, fill d form and u ll be invited to present your credentials.
It is a process that is based on merit. I am a living testimony.
For those beefing, just try to appreciate good initiatives. The scheme is designed to encourage diligence.[/quote ] thank you Nous,is just jealousy ,kudos to you jore
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by olaoluwapopoola: 5:42am On Jun 03, 2012
bayooooooo:

Congrats the beautiful damsel, I want to say I love you in Jesus name! grin grin grin

If you want to further your studies, all you have to do is take and do well in GRE and TOEFL. You will get scholarships in North America even for the whole of your PhD years and will now use your five million naira to do something else.

You are just too funny what has i love you in Jesus name got to do with first class graduate getting 5m
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by member479760: 6:15am On Jun 03, 2012
make una enjoy the money, after nothing the government go use the money for than chop it.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Pennywise(m): 6:50am On Jun 03, 2012
This will surely stimulate interest in 'academics'. Next year there will be 5000 first class grads from Delta state since the Gov has decided to make it a cash affair. U can multiply this by 5m

Talk abt a Gov with vision and foresight. In d meantime the roads remain a sham. Security is self help, other governors are buying transformers by d hundreds to promote local industry.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tosynawesome(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2012
Samsonferan: Recommendable remark. This is what Lagos state should emulate, not instigating student to demonstrate over the renaming of their institution
What A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ saying. Wia U̶̲̥̅̊ dia when Τ̣̣ђё wia instigating Τ̣̣ђё students to demonstrate, U̶̲̥̅̊ shd learn how to talk on social networks like dis
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Eminentsam(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2012
Buchibabe wats dat u wnt to post ? Den call me on my fone so i can direct u on how to do it.08182655041.i once asked like u r doin !
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Eminentsam(m): 7:17am On Jun 03, 2012
Buchi call me on fone so i direct u or add me on 2go wit 08037465656

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Online Courses / Why Is Pidgin English Not Taught Officially In Nigeria? / ASUU Boycott!!! LAUTECH Resumes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.