Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each (18719 Views)

Man Born Without Arms Graduates From The University (Photos) / Photos: Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Graduates From College / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by finguy(m): 7:33am On Jun 03, 2012
The comments here baffles me. The 5million was given as a scholarship for further studies so in the end thesee crop of guys will be the engine to drive the state towards growth. So no one is dishing out money for nothing. Other states are also doing it. I recall not too long ago imo state sent some first class students for post grad studies abroad with automatic employment with the state at their return. This are all geared towards training the men and women who will later develop the state. This is what av been missing in the past. Our parents all enjoyed this in their time, most of our present political elites were beneficiaries of schemes like this in their time.

2 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Murphy7h4: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Thanks for your post.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2012
Eminentsam: Buchibabe wats dat u wnt to post ? Den call me on my fone so i can direct u on how to do it.08182655041.i once asked like u r doin !

Are you a fraud or want to scam someone? Get a life!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Accept: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2012
What about those with second class upper? Wont they be given something at least 2M each.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2012
Accept: What about those with second class upper? Wont they be given something at least 2M each.

No be only 2M, na 2billion? Do you know the number of students who make such grades on yearly basis? The state will simply go bankrupt.
You can organize a fraud-free tests and select the best 50.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by deleo16(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2012
Accept: What about those with second class upper? Wont they be given something at least 2M each.
they will turn niger delta militant so as to get their share
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by RossP: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2012
Na wa Oooo! Which school is this, with 47 first class graduates ... Very Hard to believe with the current level of rot in our Educational system, where the givers and takers are all in the game and very willing.. Those certificates should be re-assessed...
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 9:54am On Jun 03, 2012
@rossp, it is not a single university, the 47 recipients are deltan graduates from different universities around the world whose certificates are not more than 3years.
You can go to d website to check out the list of recipients and their profile.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Chinom(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2012
I smell corruption somewhere in this scheme. Somebody should prove to me that they actually got N5m each. Yes on paper. But no more than N2m would actually be paid out. That is how most public funds embezzlement are carried out these days.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ajirapsy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
bayooooooo:

Don't mind them. Even though, standard is not the same across schools, First Class can not be achieved without a measure of brilliance, dedication, seriousness and capacity for imaginative thoughts. Is it not funny that someone who made a third is accusing a First of not being able to defend his/her grade?

Besides,a number of people mistaken First class for being a genius that must know everything, write error free sentences and speak flawless grammar. They even thought First class is synonymous with having superb social skills. That's is absolutely wrong. First Class means you have studied a particular discipline and achieved the highest grade.

Social skills, networking, making friends, managerial skills which are badly needed in work place are learnt not in class but in participating in many organisations, clubs and fraternities on campus. So when they say First Class can not defend their degree, you have to ask them "What do you mean exactly?" Are they more qualified than professors in the subject matter who awarded the degree?
You have made my day with this incisive post. I think it is hightime people realised that you don't have to be a genius to have a 1st Class.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ajirapsy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
bayooooooo:

Don't mind them. Even though, standard is not the same across schools, First Class can not be achieved without a measure of brilliance, dedication, seriousness and capacity for imaginative thoughts. Is it not funny that someone who made a third is accusing a First of not being able to defend his/her grade?

Besides,a number of people mistaken First class for being a genius that must know everything, write error free sentences and speak flawless grammar. They even thought First class is synonymous with having superb social skills. That's is absolutely wrong. First Class means you have studied a particular discipline and achieved the highest grade.

Social skills, networking, making friends, managerial skills which are badly needed in work place are learnt not in class but in participating in many organisations, clubs and fraternities on campus. So when they say First Class can not defend their degree, you have to ask them "What do you mean exactly?" Are they more qualified than professors in the subject matter who awarded the degree?
You have made my day with this incisive post. I think it is hightime people realised that you don't have to be a genius to have a 1st Class.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Ijeawele(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
[Chinom]I smell corruption somewhere in this scheme. Somebody should prove to me that they actually got N5m each. Yes on paper. But no more than N2m would actually be paid out. That is how most public funds embezzlement are carried out these days.[quote] The Govt actually gives out d money(#5M). It isn't a scam. I hav 2 friends(1st Class) currently doing their M.Sc in the UK with the aid of this Scholarship and also my elder brother is among these 47 first class Awardees
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ajirapsy(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
bayooooooo:

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
Exemplary.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ajirapsy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
RossP: Na wa Oooo! Which school is this, with 47 first class graduates ... Very Hard to believe with the current level of rot in our Educational system, where the givers and takers are all in the game and very willing.. Those certificates should be re-assessed...
We all know what the level of education in the country is today. That notwithstanding, you cannot settle your way or hold a table to achieve the grade. First Class is not beans, whether you graduated at Kilmanjaro or Harvard Uni. To all the haters, i think you should ask yourself why you couldn't graduate with a First Class. The yorubas would say "he who does not have someone like you cannot value you"

2 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tanimola22: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
The same acrimonious attitude exhibited here is usually exhibited in real life, in offices. Once you have a first, some people will never let you be. Statements like 'and he made a first class O, yet he could not do this simple thing' is never uncommon.

I wonder whether first class graduates are some angeli from heaven. Even sef, imagine some people claim lecturers have fun with some ladies and give them first. Kai, nothing wey beef and bad belle no go cause.

T22.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Roon9(m): 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
odiaero: If this is true, then that man must be crazy, has any of u been to delta state? No work is done, bad roads
Mr dumbo.. Uduaghan is d most supportive governor wen it comes 2 academics. Wt else dyu nid??
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 9:25am On Jun 04, 2012
Award pix

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Gueke(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2012
Gov. Uduaghan's gesture is an applauded on because it will instill discipline and encourage acedemics in higher institutions.At least in such an era like this,very soon young people won't know how to write a formal letter anymore without bbm,2go and facebook chat text languages.It will also make all the Deltans know that hard work can be rewarded and ensure all the first class graduates have their tickets to be able to further their studies abroad if they so wish.Kudos Uduaghan
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by zubi1: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
how come it is only female. is there not brilliant men in that school.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by zubi1: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
sorry this was sent in error.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by udoka2: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
l dont see the need to give them money. I would have prefered he offered them good jobs or probably send them abroad to acquire more SKILLS and competenceS. oN return he sets them up to become employers of labour. The 5million will end up in acquiring cars and latest electronics...Not a smart idea for me.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by udoka2: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2012
sorry didnt read well before commenting.....the N5million is for PHd...thats great!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
udoka2: sorry didnt read well before commenting.....the N5million is for PHd...thats great!

Thank God u actually read well after commenting, and correcting ur earlier post.

LDTMB!!!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
I want to get something right; anyone on here with reliable information shd help me out. I applied for this scheme about 2months ago and I'm yet to hear a word from the scholarship board. I've tried calling the numbers on their website - deadend! Right now I do not know if sitting here waiting is the best thing to do, or is there something I shd have done afterwards?
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Did you fill the form online, print, take it to your Dean to append and then you upload it online? Because that is the process, and I can tell you, it was a very fair process. I did not know anybody in the scholarship board.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? / ASUU Boycott!!! LAUTECH Resumes Today / Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.