Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? (12097 Views)

Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by redsun(m): 8:46am On Jun 03, 2012
A man that cant cook is choiceless and helpless. He is likely a junk eater,because he cant cook.

There is nothing a man should not necessarily do.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by dokunbam(m): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2012
U will agree with me that men are the greatest cook, chef. Check hotels, five star hotels around the world, men most times win cooking competition. Guys should know how to cook. Its really very interesting
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Clemzy16(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2012
I'm a very good cook. I only knw hw to prepare indomie. Lolz
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by stagger: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2012
Clemzy16: I'm a very good cook. I only knw hw to prepare indomie. Lolz

Hmm. U are in trouble.. cheesy
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2012
So wetin concerm us?
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by JojoArmani(m): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2012
wow dis man cookin thread is really booming see viewers. Viewing this topic: Lowkeys(m),
Clemzy16(m), Shadoky, SwagForce1,
dokunbam(m), adora4u1, vanitty, Mayflowa
(m), kweeneve(f), jossy26, Yeske!(m),
stagger, oldave, Bobbysworld28(m),
Leorichy, edwrad50, donigspain(m),
PalmTree(m), sandylurv(f), mentorx4u(m),
Jojo Armani(m) and 16 guest(s)
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha seems na here we go worship today.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Yeske2(m): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2012
Every man should know how to cook and there's nothing to be ashamed about it.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Pennywise(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2012
Yeah. We should be ashamed of our selves considering we actually like food more than the others.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Lisa1: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Digriz(m): 9:13am On Jun 03, 2012
johnezz: [i][/i] Well, it's VERY important for a man to be good in cooking but not being ashamed when he can't 'cos, africanly&biblicaly speaking, it's a woman's duty to cook.
He can help when the woman is not feeling strong but never take it as his duty 'cos, once he does, she will be lazying around.I discovered that from my neabour who felt he was showing love to his wife by cooking for her, only for his wife to abadon the duty for him most times and that resulted to frequent fighting in that home.
no,it shuldn't be the responsibility of d man to accept cooking regularly. Cooking is for the wife bt smtimes its a kind of fun and also interesting wen a happy family decides to swap duties.
The husband may tell d wife to clean the house and he do the cooking,i knw a couple who does dat and that doesn't mean that its gönna continue like that.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by redsun(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2012
Some women,s food could be so disgusting and alien. And if u are in a situation like that as a MAN that cant cook,what do u do? Divorce her or live in resturants?

The act of cookiing is an act of survival. It is an act of eating and staying healthy.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by pass4life(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2012
Well on one part man should be. But on the other he should not be if he has not been to the kitchen since he was born.

Not all men fancy cooking including me. But i do know how to cook.

So for those who know that they are going to get married should learn the habit of cooking (as i'm doing now) so as to be able to do that when your wife puts to bed (i can't wait to do that).

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Havilah93(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2012
shame on any man who doesnt know how to cook.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2012
Every human being should and must know how to cook.Basic survival instinct!

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Biggyd2: 9:27am On Jun 03, 2012
If a man knows how to cook, it is for his own good. No woman fit do shakara with food for am, abi? And think about it, many of those junks from fast food joints are Mild Poisons. wink wink wink
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Oluwadare: 9:34am On Jun 03, 2012
Y'all are scaring me o always difficult for me to boil an ordinary water not to mention cooking, do u want to kill me?
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Biggyd2: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2012
It seems many men on the thread below vehemently disagree:

https://www.nairaland.com/952752/marrying-woman-cant-cook
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Biggyd2: 9:39am On Jun 03, 2012
Oluwadare: Y'all are scaring me o always difficult for me to boil an ordinary water not to mention cooking, do u want to kill me?

grin grin ;DNot at all. Just try updating your culinary skills, you might be surprised what you can do. It is not difficult I assure you.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nasri100(m): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2012
The year was 1967 and the summer of love had just ended..but for me and angel dickson since i can cook THE autumn of love had just began.

Brandy anyone?
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by acidtalk: 10:00am On Jun 03, 2012
meenagiggs: U r a good cook bt I must admit that u r a terrible writer.Ur post is full of errors.Maybe nw u shld learn how to write.

Writing is one thing I do a lot (i have 2 of my articles regularly usedfor a popular newspaper). I was stuck in using my ipad to type and I hate touch screen so bad. (BB network couldn't make me use my phone).

I want to turn a new good boy by not insulting you after that comment of yours but you know what, GO HANG YOURSELF 'cus I will not only flaw you in a cooking contest but make you hang your sorry self in a writing competition.

Now run along and go drown yourself.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by naijacloud: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2012
Nasri100: The year was 1967 and the summer of love had just ended..but for me and angel dickson since i can cook THE autumn of love had just began.

Brandy anyone?
r u jamaican?
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by acidtalk: 10:05am On Jun 03, 2012
freecocoa: I don't know about a man being ashamed for not knowing how to cook but i do know that,shame suppose catch man wey no sabi cook cheesy.

My Dad cooks very well,I remember when my mum had surgery,she was admitted in the hospital for weeks,my dad did all the cooking and he still cooks till date.

My boyfriend is another good cook but i noticed he used lots of seasoning,i helped him stop that,now his meals doesn't taste maggi maggi anymore cheesy.

Btw OP,how many cubes of Maggi did you put in the soup? Cos that's how most guys get the food to taste good,they use maggi power.

I NEVER get to use maggi. I prefer know and I don't believe in over seasoning the meal. But trust me, with the right seasoning, boiling, steaming, light frying and mixing, it comes out all perfect.

a
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2012
I never knew how to cook till I went for NYSC, I was the only guy in my compound from Lagos, so the first week I was surviving on Indomie,Garri and Bread, till I realized it wasn't a proper diet, the girls offered to help cook for me with the condition that I drop 7k every month, I was like "ehn 7k per month," imagine a delta state and Imo girls trying to be smart with a Lagos boy, Omo I learnt cooking by force via the help of nairaland, I went to the market bought meat,leaves,pepper,yam and even learnt how to make draw soup but it wasn't easy at first but I felt proud after it, and also learnt some stuff, that while doing egusi u don't close it, or else it will break almost cried when my egusi spoilt the next day.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by EfemenaXY: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

Writing is one thing I do a lot (i have 2 of my articles regularly usedfor a popular newspaper). I was stuck in using my ipad to type and I hate touch screen so bad. (BB network couldn't make me use my phone).

I want to turn a new good boy by not insulting you after that comment of yours but you know what, GO HANG YOURSELF 'cus I will not only flaw you in a cooking contest but make you hang your sorry self in a writing competition.

Now run along and go drown yourself.

You harsh o! grin grin

What sort of writing are you involved in? Fiction or non-fiction?

pc guru: I never knew how to cook till I went for NYSC, I was the only guy in my compound from Lagos, so the first week I was surviving on Indomie,Garri and Bread, till I realized it wasn't a proper diet, the girls offered to help cook for me with the condition that I drop 7k every month, I was like "ehn 7k per month," imagine a delta state and Imo girls trying to be smart with a Lagos boy, Omo I learnt cooking by force via the help of nairaland, I went to the market bought meat,leaves,pepper,yam and even learnt how to make draw soup but it wasn't easy at first but I felt proud after it, and also learnt some stuff, that while doing egusi u don't close it, or else it will break almost cried when my egusi spoilt the next day.

Awww, this is so sweet. A man in touch with his emotional side over a pot of Egusi soup cheesy

<<hugs>>
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Rhino5dm: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2012
I learned how to cook very well, when momsy was operating a make-shift "mama put" psuedo restuarant. Never knew that experience could come handy, until i married a bad cook as a wife.

Mehn, come see tutorials upon lectures, practicals and demostrations. From my experience, most women hardly accept the status of being a bad cook, until you make them a mouth-watering pot of soup ". I refused eating a near-vomit pasta she cooked last week and ofcourse, it led to trouble and series of accusations. There is no harm of being good at anything which requires logic and personal judgements. You should know when to apply salt in your soup. Spices are just aids, what gives you the quality of food is the seamless blending of composing components.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 03, 2012
But what I still want to know how to make is fried rice, Abasha( an enugu type of salad stuff) or even where to buy it in Lagos.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by acidtalk: 10:38am On Jun 03, 2012
Revolva: Haha I am proud I can't cook Bleep you poster and why should a man behave like a sissy and how do you expect. Me to know how to cook all dishes am I a woman I can only cook the little I can

So was there any sense in including the "bleep you poster"? Your brain needs to be microwaved a bit for better reasoning.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by cindyrella(f): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2012
Yes oh
a man that can't cook should be ashamed of him self. cheesy
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by ikechukz(m): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2012
my dad is doing the cooking today.even my 12yr old brother cook for the whole family.u dont expect me to spend #600 to eat every day when i can cook a decent meal with that amount that can last me for days.na una sabi sha,i love cooking and its something am proud of.make i go chop my papa food i dey come...
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

So was there any sense in including the "bleep you poster"? Your brain needs to be microwaved a bit for better reasoning.
*rolling, crying and laughn ass off!*
Some people tink it makes dem look cool wen dey use vulgar words. Teehee... Nw, the thot of microwaving sum1z brain... Lol! But ewwwwww.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2012
@Efemena because while I was teaching in the school the next day I was day dreaming of the good meal to chow when I get back. Only to meet a spoilt soup, and there was no other food in the house except Garri, even no sugar, can u imagine the horror, also why are u not in church angry
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Cupidkc(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2012
ikechukz: cooking remains one of my hobby.i hardly eat outside.even the girls that stay next door come to my room to eat.
Same with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Honeywell Christmas Combo Bundle | Best Gif Combo Pack / Be Careful What You Eat - These Are Canned As Sadines / What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.