Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? (12114 Views)

Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by drnoel: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2012
I believe all men that don´t know how to cook should be ashamed. I once lost a chick I was dating wink some years back in uni cos I could cook so well. She visited me during my exams then, expecting us to eat out but I asked her to go to the kitchen and dish food out for us both. SHe never believed I did the cooking and later told a mutual friend, I can´t date a guy that cooks talk less cooks very well . "If we have an arguement what leverage would I have over him if he can cook" was what she said grin grin grin.
Luckily my wife loves the fact that I can cook very well and finds it sexy when ever I return from work and join her in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Esinwaju: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
carlos86:

Not knowing or knowing how to cook is totally different from providing for the family
I do not need that to be spelt out to me, I know both are different but then even you will agree with me that the main thing is that a man provides for his family. All these yarninings that a man should be ashamed if he can't cook is hogwash to me.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Esinwaju: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Havilah93: shame on any man who doesnt know how to cook.
Hogwash!
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Thugnificent(m): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
For me, cooking has been a hobby and i always enjoy cookin. U cn call me a sissy or worreva, but wen u taste my food expecially my eguisi soup....i reserve my comment....
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by freecocoa(f): 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

I NEVER get to use maggi. I prefer know and I don't believe in over seasoning the meal. But trust me, with the right seasoning, boiling, steaming, light frying and mixing, it comes out all perfect.

a
When i said "Maggi" I wasn't talking about a particular brand,I trust you know that "Maggi" is the common\general name all types of seasoning are called in Nigeria,btw i think you meant knorr and not know.smiley

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by warrior101: 1:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

exactly what i was about typing that if the woman travels so the kids will die of hunger because daddy's ego made him think he would be less of a man if he entered kitchen to cook.

can you please elaborate on this woman traveling without her family?

@Topic ~ Personally i dont beleive the story... But men that can not cook shouldnt be ashemed, its respectfuly a wiffie and moma's job... We need more women not tomboys.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Trimia(f): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
I think anybody, man or woman that can't cook should be ashamed. Definately, women should be the one cookin for thier husbands. But if she should take a trip nko? D man would be very comfortable preparing his own meals.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Trimia(f): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
warrior101:

can you please elaborate on this woman traveling without her family?

@Topic ~ Personally i dont beleive the story... But men that can not cook shouldnt be ashemed, its respectfuly a wiffie and moma's job... We need more women not tomboys.
even tomboys should cook. There may be incidents where d woman may have to go on a business or emergency trip. Is it better for a stranger (house girl) to cook or for d man to cook for his children
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by warrior101: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Or they will feed the kids on garri and biscuits

You actually plunk everywher around like a fully realized commoner that you really are. Sorry i will pass next time but you really disgust me online... I do wish and hope in real life these abhorent guestures/thinking doesnt elicit resentments from people close to you...
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by acidtalk: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
freecocoa: When i said "Maggi" I wasn't talking about a particular brand,I trust you know that "Maggi" is the common\general name all types of seasoning are called in Nigeria,btw i think you meant knorr and not know.smiley

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by warrior101: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
Trimia: even tomboys should cook. There may be incidents where d woman may have to go on a business or emergency trip. Is it better for a stranger (house girl) to cook or for d man to cook for his children

I situations like this the cooking stranger is final option. Dont suck it. These rules were set by the elder societies since in the days of yore. When under excuse or compultion a woman has to leave her home to find money either for support or selfish interest then there should be plans ahead. No hard feeling in this employ a cook and share the bills with your husband since you are doing ok in business instead of sending the man into the kitchen. I cant write much i am on mobile
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by sucezTP(f): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk: what i detest most is being held to ransom, women will toy with your somach once they know you cant cook.

Datz y most men end up eatin dia daily meals @ eateries...bt, men don't u fink u r wastin too much money on dis?!

Y don't u learn how to cook so dat u wil spend less on food!
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hire a cook or indulge in a restaurant. A man can know how to cook, but such precious time can be invested in money making. Hire a cook. U need to employ people. You cant be cooking your way into billionaires club brethren
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Thugnificent(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
[quote author=LeoMax] You cant be cooking your way into billionaires club brethren ROTFLMAO!!!
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by greatz: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
ikechukz: cooking remains one of my hobby.i hardly eat outside.even the girls that stay next door come to my room to eat.
Na correct guy u be.. Infact u be man wen sabi. I pity any man wen no fit cook. Girls go take ur eye see rubbish.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by freecocoa(f): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
acidtalk:

Thanks for the correction.
You are always welcome.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by warrior101: 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
greatz: Na correct guy u be.. Infact u be man wen sabi. I pity any man wen no fit cook. Girls go take ur eye see rubbish.

She go take your eye see qubbish to her own detriment..
Dont flather yourself if you are a guy and think that you can cook. Call out 100000 men and cast vote, more than 80% of them can cook. I can cook myself... But if i couldnt i would not be ashamed... Growing under a mother i needed not worry myself, in university away from how i go to market and cook but apartment mates would hijack and finish it till i got used to sending them, we lived like family (God bless them) and now as a traveler i have made other provisions i either cook which i cant remember doind or employ iyalati to make 4 different robbers full of diferent soups and stew and put in freza . When i get married may god never let funds low i intend to maintain a healthy HOME and i will not allow a woman to send me into the kitchen. If a country or a woman is worth fighting for a family is worth even more
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by MissyB3(f): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Nothing is as sweet as having your man sometimes cook you dinner as a treat while you remain in bed. . .The hot round of thank-you sèx that comes afterward is priceless. cheesy

Culinary skill sure is a plus. . . **Future husband, take note** grin
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Redstone(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
Men should know how to cook at least rice and stew. It is basic and even fun when the time is there. But seriously, it is important and it saves money and risk of food poisoning eating out always.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Pakavy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Trimia: I think anybody, man or woman that can't cook should be ashamed. Definately, women should be the one cookin for thier husbands. But if she should take a trip nko? D man would be very comfortable preparing his own meals.
trip 2 where?if she conscent 2 damage she shuld not complain of injury cos d moment she takes dat trip i wuld get a cook and eat d cook.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by BijiAgam(f): 11:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
any man that cant cook should be ashamed of himself because there will b so many occasion he will need to cook or wat if his wife put to bed so him go buy food for her shey or impressing his fiance on first visit nko so men should start learning how to cook
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Tattooboy: 11:49am On Jun 04, 2012
bashr8: why should you know how to cook when you mum , sisters, girlfriend or wife will be there? men have no buisness in the kitchen , you can not be hursling outside with agberos, police, customs ,banks whether legit ot illegit and be thinking of how to cut onions or buy peeper to cook soup, that lame. better go and marry a woman that will cook for you or hire a cook.
my person.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Tattooboy: 11:50am On Jun 04, 2012
BijiAgam: any man that cant cook should be ashamed of himself because there will b so many occasion he will need to cook or wat if his wife put to bed so him go buy food for her shey or impressing his fiance on first visit nko so men should start learning how to cook
there will always be a way out.
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by opeyemi500(m): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Men that cant cook ..should be ashamed of their self.Honestly speaking!
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by Trimia(f): 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
Pakavy: trip 2 where?if she conscent 2 damage she shuld not complain of injury cos d moment she takes dat trip i wuld get a cook and eat d cook.
what do you mean trip to where? Is she not a human being? Doesn't she have things to do elsewhere? Won't she visit her parents? Or go for a siblings wedding or somethin? If you're d kind of man that will turn to another woman d minute ur wife steps out of d house then i pity her
Re: Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? by acidtalk: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2012
[quote author=Thugnificent][/quote]

...And how many men who can cook can boast of a few hundred of thousands?

Even some of the worlds richest men admite to still cooking for their family once a while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Be Careful What You Eat - These Are Canned As Sadines / Cost Of Feeding Worsens As Food Inflation Hits 32.84% / What Is The Scientific And Proper Name For The Following Nigerian Foods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.