Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (13492 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Kx: 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
Please u guys should stop disgracing urself here, airplane windows are not meant to be openned, u cant open them...... jeezzzz[/quote]

Learn to read b4 u write and disgrace ursef if i may use ur word.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by maigaskiya1: 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are
my dear aircraft no be keke o
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
mai gaskiya: my dear aircraft no be keke o

Please help me tell her, if i knew i was replying a female i will simply laugh at her comments and pass-by, she is not that educated about airplanes and from her comments i can tell she have never take airplane as means of transportation b4
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by joelala(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
uhonmora: This is a senseless eyewitness report.

How can they say they were using satchet water to put out fire from an airplane?

Where in the world does this happen?

mr oga when theres serious emergency, people do the unthinkable outta confusion and panic..i've seen someone checking inside a dustbin and under the gutter
when he car was stolen from the spot he parked it...sounds crazy but its true...
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by mindurword(m): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
This eyewitness lied 20 min is a lot of time for evacuation of people on board more than four emergency exit inside the flight and no survival i believe the aircraft crash imminently.May the souls of all of them rest in peace.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by BBDelta(m): 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
toyemz: @poster
what about the people(residents) who just stood taking pictures and those who just 'looked on' with the intent to loot?
what happened to the spirit of being thy brother's keeper?

What about those who went in immediately the plane crashed for rescue and ended up been dead when it exploded 20 mins later according to this writeup. Bottom line is if you are not trained for an emergency situation you don get involved out of emotions and sentiments, else your pic will just end up with an RIP for carelessness.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
BBDelta:

What about those who went in immediately the plane crashed for rescue and ended up been dead when it exploded 20 mins later according to this writeup. Bottom line is if you are not trained for an emergency situation you don get involved out of emotions and sentiments, else your pic will just end up with an RIP fo[/b]r [b]carelessness.

Thumb Up
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by GAR3TH(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
The fire fighters and first responders did not arrive there in time because:

1 - Massive crowds gathered and blocked streets for miles / Nigerians not having etiquette in situations like these

2 - The streets in that area are narrow and hard to navigate [most likely cause by illegal / close construction of homes]

3 - Lack of quantity of equipment and personnel / lack of training
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Ajibel(m): 2:12pm On Jun 04, 2012
joelala:

mr oga when theres serious emergency, people do the unthinkable outta confusion and panic..i've seen someone checking inside a dustbin and under the gutter
when he car was stolen from the spot he parked it...sounds crazy but its true...

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin

sigba:
Lol, she thinks it's Molue.gringrin

grin grin grin grin
X_box:

U are the must funny person i have seen today, pilot that must have been in coma or died from impart that u are expecting to open door that is cracked on impart, and please airplane windows are not meant to be open, and another, what do u think that might have happen to people is they have tried to go closer to the plane after before explosion?... DEAD

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrobaby(f): 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kx:
Please u guys should stop disgracing urself here, airplane windows are not meant to be openned, u cant open them...... jeezzzz

Learn to read b4 u write and disgrace ursef if i may use ur word.

Please help me tell him o, Mr pilot, he claims to b a pilot, I wonder
aboki, I know ur type, so uve never heard of emergency exit before, abi
X_box:

Please help me tell her, if i knew i was replying a female i will simply laugh at her comments and pass-by, she is not that educated about airplanes and from her comments i can tell she have never take airplane as means of transportation b4

And see the most stu.pid comment av ever seen on nairaland, cos she is a female, meaning what, that cos u are a man or cos u have sometin dangling between ur legs makes u think u are wise or knowledgeable, abeg, go get a life, and saying am not that educated on airplanes means the only thing u do on internet is just facebook and nairaland, I quoted wiki answers for u, what quote do u have, and u make me laugh, an empty well makes the loudest noise, and to ur last comment, I will not respond cos responding would make me as childish as u are
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by tryoliviame: 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2012
funny story line indeed,(1),you and ur wife saw the plane moving around in random directions (2)you both stood up and traced were it eventually landed (3)u guys used sachets of pure water to put off the fire from cockpit and finally,you heard loud explosion after 20 minutes.’ my friend clap hand for yourself mumu! so u had all this time and common sense did not tell u to escalate, until loud explosion right? u had enough time to have saved a soul but i guess u guys were busy enjoying the whole drama,now the reverse is the case.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby:

Please help me tell him o, Mr pilot, he claims to b a pilot, I wonder
aboki, I know ur type, so uve never heard of emergency exit before, abi
And see the most stu.pid comment av ever seen on nairaland, cos she is a female, meaning what, that cos u are a man or cos u have sometin dangling between ur legs makes u think u are wise or knowledgeable, abeg, go get a life, and saying am not that educated on airplanes means the only thing u do on internet is just facebook and nairaland, I quoted wiki answers for u, what quote do u have, and u make me laugh, an empty well makes the loudest noise, and to ur last comment, I will not respond cos responding would make me as childish as u are

Kai, i pained me that u are being corrected and u still think airplane window can be openned, please u dont just know anything, airplane windows are sealed, it can never be openned, the window have a sunshader that can be closed if the sun is shining into the cabin from that particular window and making the passenger feel uncomfortable, period, u can continue to quote what u dont understand and stop sounding dumb and learn
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by fm7070: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
I was even thinking of breaking the window, but I soon realise that a trained soldier was in the plane. Lt. Col. who must have been trained on how to jump out of a moving plane and helicopter.
... it is not of him that willeth nor of him that runneth, but of the Lord who showeth mercy.

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
GAR3TH: The fire fighters and first responders did not arrive there in time because:

1 - Massive crowds gathered and blocked streets for miles / Nigerians not having etiquette in situations like these

2 - The streets in that area are narrow and hard to navigate [most likely cause by illegal / close construction of homes]

3 - Lack of quantity of equipment and personnel / lack of training
Exactly, the proximity of houses in Nigeria is too close, then the crowd is too much, people are not even afraid. As for the man who was standing beside a plain that exploded, how come nothing do you. May God help us.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by anuel4luv(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
joelala:

Hahahaha....rotfl.....Jeez....man, I believe you though......we do the unimaginable under extreme conditions...but men, inside a dustbin...can't help laughing

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by anuel4luv(m): 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
tryoliviame: funny story line indeed,(1),you and ur wife saw the plane moving around in random directions (2)you both stood up and traced were it eventually landed (3)u guys used sachets of pure water to put off the fire from cockpit and finally,you heard loud explosion after 20 minutes.’ my friend clap hand for yourself mumu! so u had all this time and common sense did not tell u to escalate, until loud explosion right? u had enough time to have saved a soul but i guess u guys were busy enjoying the whole drama,now the reverse is the case.

Atleast someone else is here who doesn't believe this wacked story. I mean, you saw it movin in random directions, it flew over you and stood up tracing a plane dat myt blow up....funnily, you even stood and watched it as it exploded...I mean are they both ghosts? This is quite unbelievable...the pure water part is actually funny...kant help laughing...that man is a joke!
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by davades(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
Iro nla leleyi oOº°˚˚˚˚°ºO a friend of mine an eye witness said it explode immediately after landing
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by GboyegaD(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
This story doesn't sound real. However, I still keep asking myself same question that of what use is the short lecture you are given before the plane takes off teling you about the emergency exits and what you should do? If it took 20 minutes before it exploded, that time was enough to evacuate everybody on board the airplane since there are 6 exit routes on a plane. Whatever it was that happened, all I pray is rest for the souls of the departed and God should grant their families the fortitude to bear this loss.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by tunapawizzy: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are
Pele u r obviously used to car. Ur comment is jes funny
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by crackhouse(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
did u say open door? U talked as if it was a scene from james bond movie. U should have asked whether the pilot was alive & conscious before talking abt opening door. As for the onlookers, if that plane had stayed up to 20mins before exploding, they would have done sth to quench the fire rather than looking, snapping pictures and waiting for the time it will explode so that they will have a story to tell.

1 Like

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
Keep passing the blame idiots, i expect NEMA to pass the blame back to Dana... Ba s t ards angry angry
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by otokx(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
Story sounds phoney
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by chyket(m): 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
I stay close to the area of the crash,sometimes people should be sincere in their comments.The rescue team did their best ,when the plane crashed,there was a lot of fire within that environment and about 4 helicopters that came around were seen hovering around due to their inability to land due to the fire and the crowd at the crash site.There were a lot of ambulances from Lagos state and Ogun state on ground,even the fire trucks that were around from Lagos State were the brand new ones that they newly commissioned so I don't think there were issues of equipment or Logistics it was just that due to the highly inflammable nature of aviation fuel ,that crash scene was inaccessible for a long time.I can confirm to nairalanders that we could not sleep throughout the night due to the siren noise from the vehicles of various agencies that worked all through the night.
As at 7.20am this morning when I was on my way to drop my kids at school ,I passed Governor Fashola on the way as He was going to the crash scene that early in the morning.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Josh316(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby:

I guess u just read my response without reading the initial post, do read the initial post first and then read mine before responding. Also, windows are not meant to be opened doesnt mean it can't be opened,

(Reason people open windows in airplane) Improved visibility might be helpful in case of an emergency. Specifically, the occupants must be able to see outside to assess if it is safe to open the emergency exits. This is especially important in emergencies that involve water landings (if an exit is below the water line) or in cases of an external fire, where the act of opening an exit will expose the occupants to the fire.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_safety_reason_that_airplane_windows_have_to_be_open_during_take_off_and_landing#ixzz1wpEb3aFj

Abeg, get information and dont just respond without reading between lines, it isnt funny

Jeez! Common sense is not common! so becasue the report says windows are to be 'opened' during take off and landing means they can be opened like a car window or what? FYI, these windows are FIXED and cannot be opened. What the report is talking about is the flap that shades the passenger from the sun, like a visor. the windows are double-sealed and thick!! even the cockpit window is almost amoured!!!
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by samilo88(m): 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
That eye witness is a douchebag. Why on earth would someone in his right senses think he can douse d flame of a burning plane with pure water. All dis newspaper reporter with poor raportage will even go as far as interviewing a blind person and they tell us its an eye witness claiming anonymity..
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrodoc(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
afrobaby d issue is nt even wether windows can b opened or not.the reason pple r criticizing ur post abt d pilot opening the windows or exits or watever is cos
1)likely d pilot n most of the other people in the plane would have died on impact i.e immediately the plane crashed,so they probably weren't even alive at that point to open anything
2)even if some of them survived the original impact they would have had severe injuries like head injury,leg fractures,spinal injuries,chest injuries which would have paralysed them or immobilised them in some other way preventing them from helping themselves
3)and if by any miracle any of them avoided d 2 scenarios above they might hv been in shock,confused delirious or incapacitated in some other way.
the summary is NOBODY on that plane would have been in a good enough condition to be d hero/saviour u see in movies
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Exponental(m): 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
1. I just realised that not all lagosians know d emergency numbers 767 n 121.
2. Rescue services in ds country is nothing 2 write home about. The only way rescue teams can be effective is if mobility is not totally relied on roads.
3. If it took about 20mins b4 explosion, there will be survivors. @least, som1 will be courageous 2 attemp excaping......20mins is long, dont misinform people pls.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by afrodoc(m): 12:14am On Jun 05, 2012
i agree with you dt 20mins is a long time,i am not sure it would hv taken such a long time for d plane to explode.however even if there were survivors its possible they were not in any condition to help themselves.we see it everyday in serious car accidents where survivors are in d car wreckage bt cant help themselves,so d same applies here.alive passengers does not equal conscious passengers,conscious passengers does not equal oriented passengers and oriented passengers does not equal ambulant passengers
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Xbox1: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2012
Josh316:

Jeez! Common sense is not common! so becasue the report says windows are to be 'opened' during take off and landing means they can be opened like a car window or what? FYI, these windows are FIXED and cannot be opened. What the report is talking about is the flap that shades the passenger from the sun, like a visor. the windows are double-sealed and thick!! even the cockpit window is almost amoured!!!

Please help me to educate her, it is obvious she has not board an apply b4, lwkmd @ when she said she quote wiki for me, quoting what she actually dont understand
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by kpolli(m): 9:35am On Jun 05, 2012
salakobaba: IF help had come early, the over140 persons, who died in the Dana commercial air plane crash at Iju, Lagos, yesterday might have saved, residents have said.
According to them, the aircraft did not explode immediately it crashed. It exploded after about20 minutes.
An eyewitness said the incident happened between 3pm and 4pm.
Narrating how the crash happened, an eyewitness, who claimed anonymity noted that the aircraft was seen swinging before it eventually landed ona newly constructed storey building.
‘’I was here with my wife and other people when we saw the plane moving around in random directions. Initially wewere confused, but when it was getting usually close to the rooftop of the houses around, we stood up and traced were it eventually landed,’’ he noted.
Continuing, the eyewitness said, ‘’When we go to the scene, we saw the plane on the building and it did not explode upon landing. The only fire from the aircraft was from the cockpit which was not much. It was only ten of us that first got to the scene. That little fire would have been quenchable if there was immediate emergency responsefrom fire fighters. Wewere even using sachets of pure water to put off the fire before we heard loud explosion after 20 minutes.’’
It was further gathered that the absence of emergency responsefrom concerned authorities, promptedone of the eyewitnesses at the scene to call the Chairperson of Local the Government, whoinformed the Lagos State Government.
‘’When we discovered that emergency rescue service was not on sight, my wife had to call the chairperson of the local government, who informed Fashola’s people. It was that call that altered the authorities. But if therescue service had arrived on time, theywould have been saved because therewas no fire when theplane landed on the buildings. The pilot ofthe aircraft was verybrave because we noticed it from the way the aircraft was swinging before it crashed,’’ another eye said.
What could have turned into another tragedy, occurred when the men of the Nigerian Army started dispersing sympathisers at the scene when they arrived. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/delayed-rescue-operation-wasted-lives-residents/

So ur telling me they had a whole 20mins to evacuate the passengers in the plane and they are blaming emergency rescue service shocked shocked shocked shocked

Your more to blame than the emergency service, this person narrating this story was very foolish, making calls instead of helping ppl
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by mabcos: 9:39am On Jun 05, 2012
Coolturbo: I don't belive this story. If the planed was on ground for 20mins before it exploded,what happned to the emergency exits in the aircraft, and some ppl were saying that heard pple shouting "help,help" from the aircraft. Planes are airtight,which no sound could be heard from it. It's just sad. May their souls rest in peace.
Even from an eye witness, which one will u believe again. A plane crashed althogh not exploded yet, u still want it to be air tight?
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by XKZ(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
The 20 minutes is most likely subjective time. Like when someone is in a queue for 15 minutes and complains 'I've been waiting for over an hour'. I'm sure the witness wasn't looking at his watch and taking record of elapsed time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerians Get Down In Mexico / NG Eagle Begins Flight Operations With Leased Aircraft / Libya Returnee Dad Consulted Ifa, Herbalists, Pastors So She Won't Enter Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.