Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents (13491 Views)

Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry / Dana Crash: Relatives To Receive N16m Per Victim (Insurance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by naturalwaves: 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
I think d 20 minutes rport of dat plane was exaggerated cos it is practically impossible 4 a plane 2 crash and stay dat long b4 xplosion.I read more dan 30 incidents of plane crashes investigatns along wit d cockpit voice recordings,transcripts e.t.c abt d last minute conversatns of d crew,pilot,control tower from www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm(u can chk it) & 4rm wat I gathered,it's almost impossible 2 survive(4 those blaming d rescue team,residents e.t.c). Pilots are courageous and brave pple,they usually try their whole best b4 a plane finally crashes just lyk d Dana pilot did.In d pilots final words afta trying so hard,U'll hear words lyk 'that's it,I'm dead' ,there it goes, 'there it goes,oh no' , 'goodnt, goodbye,we perish','I rely on God' ,'see wat d aircraft did!', 'we're finished' e.t.c. I made dz quotes just 2 undastand wat those pple go thru & not make fun,a very very horrifying xperience.I guess most pple in dat Dana flight wuld be dead even b4 d plane finally crashes.May God grand their families d fortitude 2 bear d loss and pls do not chk dat website if u're 2 emotional.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by naturalwaves: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Coolturbo: I don't belive this story. If the planed was on ground for 20mins before it exploded,what happned to the emergency exits in the aircraft, and some ppl were saying that heard pple shouting "help,help" from the aircraft. Planes are airtight,which no sound could be heard from it. It's just sad. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by naturalwaves: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
afrobaby: 20 minutes, why didnt the pilot open d door or even window for passengers to jump out since it was already on a building, why didnt the residents of the building run, oh my God, what a country we are
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by naturalwaves: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
@Afrobaby.My dear,it's always difficult 2 get out of a car crash talkless of a plane crash falling 4rm a high altitude.Moreova,d route 2 d emergency exit won't be known anymore,d body wuld av crackd evrywhere, all forms of automation wuld av been lost and a bulk of d passenger and pilot wuld av been dead/unconscious. I guess U were d scape goat of d thread but it's ok cos will all make mistakes even in reasoning at one point or d other.I advice U do not take it 2 seriously,it's one of those things.
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
afrodoc: afrobaby d issue is nt even wether windows can b opened or not.the reason pple r criticizing ur post abt d pilot opening the windows or exits or watever is cos
1)likely d pilot n most of the other people in the plane would have died on impact i.e immediately the plane crashed,so they probably weren't even alive at that point to open anything
2)even if some of them survived the original impact they would have had severe injuries like head injury,leg fractures,spinal injuries,chest injuries which would have paralysed them or immobilised them in some other way preventing them from helping themselves
3)and if by any miracle any of them avoided d 2 scenarios above they might hv been in shock,confused delirious or incapacitated in some other way.
the summary is NOBODY on that plane would have been in a good enough condition to be d hero/saviour u see in movies

Bros, u get common sense...like they say common sense is not common. People do not acknowledge the fragility of life...common okada self dey kill person not to talk of a crashed plane...
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by fluxbush(f): 10:00am On Jun 06, 2012
We all agree d crash was outta dis world.Imagine if the crash had happened at night.The casualties would ve been sumtin else.Still,we ve to consider the slightest chance dt person,at least,survived at the moment of impact.Am sure after autopsy,we wil find out dat many died from asphyxiation.So let us quit with d game of blaming these victims cuz dey were in no position to help demselves.Those monkeys dat used several means of transport to get to d site,jus for d purpose of takin pictures should be hanged from the highest trees.I wonder wats wit d craze of pix dese days..An accident occurs,instead of helpin out,u see pple takin pictures..watever for?While watching it on tv,I didnt see a single sympathetic face.Evryone seemed hyper excited.Even our so called emergency agencies jus no try at all.Ryt nw,am jus ashamed to be a Nigerian.It took dem almost 24 hrs before a body could be scavenged from d plane.SMH!!!
Re: Dana Crash: Delayed Rescue Operation Wasted Lives – Residents by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
fluxbush: We all agree d crash was outta dis world.Imagine if the crash had happened at night.The casualties would ve been sumtin else.Still,we ve to consider the slightest chance dt person,at least,survived at the moment of impact.Am sure after autopsy,we wil find out dat many died from asphyxiation.So let us quit with d game of blaming these victims cuz dey were in no position to help demselves.Those monkeys dat used several means of transport to get to d site,jus for d purpose of takin pictures should be hanged from the highest trees.I wonder wats wit d craze of pix dese days..An accident occurs,instead of helpin out,u see pple takin pictures..watever for?While watching it on tv,I didnt see a single sympathetic face.Evryone seemed hyper excited.Even our so called emergency agencies jus no try at all.Ryt nw,am jus ashamed to be a Nigerian.It took dem almost 24 hrs before a body could be scavenged from d plane.SMH!!!

Nice comment dear... I think there is a problem with Nigeria. Until we start to apply empathy to whatever we do, Nigeria can never move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigerians Get Down In Mexico / NG Eagle Begins Flight Operations With Leased Aircraft / Libya Returnee Dad Consulted Ifa, Herbalists, Pastors So She Won't Enter Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.