Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Do Human Clones Have Souls? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Human Clones Have Souls? (12955 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 07, 2012
For those of you who think you know everything.. Includng scientists.. Your knowledge is but a tiny spectacle compared to God's knowledge.

As for me, anything created by the fusion of a sperm cell and an egg cell, that grows to become human and breathes air and can think, WILL HAVE A SOUL. Whether cloned or not (as clones are still created by the fusion of the sperm and egg cells).
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2012
teminoni: For those of you who think you know everything.. Includng scientists.. Your knowledge is but a tiny spectacle compared to God's knowledge.

As for me, anything created by the fusion of a sperm cell and an egg cell, that grows to become human and breathes air and can think, WILL HAVE A SOUL. Whether cloned or not (as clones are still created by the fusion of the sperm and egg cells).

you should read previous posts before posting your ignorance. no sp.erm cells are needed in cloning.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by AjanleKoko: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2012
No human has ever been cloned, so what's the point of the question?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 8:50am On Jun 07, 2012
AjanleKoko: No human has ever been cloned, so what's the point of the question?

what if?
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

what if?

IF introduces a lot of questions based on unstable probabilities and answers can start from the commonsensical to the totally absurd.
but let's see. If I have a soul then it is probable that as long as clones can breath, think and have self-awareness,then they must have a soul. then again, because we are IF'ING what is a SOUL. is it a SPIRIT? is it one's cumulative mind-consciousness within the ethereal entity (SPIRIT) or is it Life-giving essence that causes the body to LIVE. IF so then it follows that clones too must have SOULS.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by yinkavelli(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2012
@Logic Mind
good morning. very interesting topic. the church (christiandom) has been known to oppose totally anything, theory or Principles that goes against its teachings (the bible) as a matter of fact science has been basically the biggest threat to christianity and religion entirely. why u might ask, simply put, because science takes the mind beyond boundries as opposed to religion, science asks "why" and "why not" science bases itself on finding priciples and making calculations and finnally science stands on logic, not faith. BUT with all this in consideration, everything points to only one undeniable direction,a devine hand, an ultimate intelligence, call it an unseen force if you like or a super controler and inventor made dis all. seek knowledge, be a part of the sincere and pure fruitfulness of his doings and you will be closer to him/it. (fin)
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2012
yinkavelli: @Logic Mind
good morning. very interesting topic. the church (christiandom) has been known to oppose totally anything, theory or Principles that goes against its teachings (the bible) as a matter of fact science has been basically the biggest threat to christianity and religion entirely. why u might ask, simply put, because science takes the mind beyond boundries as opposed to religion, science asks "why" and "why not" science bases itself on finding priciples and making calculations and finnally science stands on logic, not faith. BUT with all this in consideration, everything points to only one undeniable direction,a devine hand, an ultimate intelligence, call it an unseen force if you like or a super controler and inventor made dis all. seek knowledge, be a part of the sincere and pure fruitfulness of his doings and you will be closer to him/it. (fin)

What I can't understand is why this supposedly superior being is hiding from me and why I should waste my precious time looking for him. If he needs me, he knows where to find me. I have more important things to do than searching for a superior coward.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Niflheim(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2012
@BLINK 182,SO GOD HAS GIVEN CHRISTIANS A SOUNDER MIND?YOU ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOT ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH FOR MAKING SUCH A FOOLISH STATEMENT.IS IT NOT ANGLICAN CHRISTIANS WHO MARRY MEN IN THE CHURCH AND YET YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE A SOUNDER MIND.GO TO AKWA IBOM AND SEE THE NUMBER OF LITTLE KIDS THAT WERE ROASTED ALIVE BY YOUR WICKED CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND TELL ME WHETHER YOU HAVE A SOUND MIND.YOU DEPEND ON ATHEISTS WHO INVENTED THE INTERNET AND ALL YOUR FANCY GADGETS AND NOW YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT BASTARDS WHEN IT IS INFACT THE CHRISTIANS WHO ARE BASTARDS.GO AND SEE THE SNAKE HANDLING PASTORS WHO CARRY POISONOUS SNAKES TO THE ALTAR AND WHEN IT BITES THEM,THEY SAY IT IS THE WILL OF THE LORD.BIG FOOLS IN CHRISTIANITY LIKE YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE BECAUSE YOU ARE A SLAVE!!!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by ziediolike(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2012
Go and ask d scientists dat created dem na, which one b our own? Ok they have souls they even go to heaven and hell.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
According to the Bible, Eve, was a clone. Permit me to explain. Adam was created, and Eve was made from Adam's "rib". If Eve, had Soul, clones do.
My personal esoteric experience, in soul travel and Astral projection shows that no living thing exists without the "animation force". So clones, by virtue of life, is solar, infact anything, that is alive, whether created by GOD or gods, have souls, its the essence of their life.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
LeoMax: According to the Bible, Eve, was a clone. Permit me to explain. Adam was created, and Eve was made from Adam's "rib". If Eve, had Soul, clones do.
My personal esoteric experience, in soul travel and Astral projection shows that no living thing exists without the "animation force". So clones, by virtue of life, is solar, infact anything, that is alive, whether created by GOD or gods, have souls, its the essence of their life.

@bolded, what is the difference - I have had deliberate OBE experiences. but I think Soul Travel could be something else
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

@bolded, what is the difference - I have had deliberate OBE experiences. but I think Soul Travel could be something else
Both exercises are deliberate bilocation exercise base on your spiritual orientations but OBE do occur occasionally due to body imbalance, shock or other physiological issues.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

About the bolded, its deep. Soul Travel is beyond the planes of matter, Astral is just within the Astral Planes and sometimes interplanetary.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
LeoMax: About the bolded, its deep. Soul Travel is beyond the planes of matter, Astral is just within the Astral Planes and sometimes interplanetary.
Any negative side-effects experienced (yet). It has always fascinated me - there are phenomena seemingly outside the realms of science. I love to research these things first hand
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
The problem with the materialist/atheist is that they fail what they need comprehend in their argument about existence and fallacy they aclaimed of creation. Why can't they get all their material synthesised from the laboratory instead of extracting these things from the beign created by God. May I ask you this: "Does the materials for cloning comes from living cells with souls or non-living cells or dead beign". The explanation for the need for the souls to be present in the cloning beigns be it animal or human. Mind you, the faith you need to believe there is creator called God-Allah is far less than the faith needed to prove that God does not exist.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
Niflheim: @BLINK 182,SO GOD HAS GIVEN CHRISTIANS A SOUNDER MIND?YOU ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOT ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH FOR MAKING SUCH A FOOLISH STATEMENT.IS IT NOT ANGLICAN CHRISTIANS WHO MARRY MEN IN THE CHURCH AND YET YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE A SOUNDER MIND.GO TO AKWA IBOM AND SEE THE NUMBER OF LITTLE KIDS THAT WERE ROASTED ALIVE BY YOUR WICKED CHRISTIAN FRIENDS AND TELL ME WHETHER YOU HAVE A SOUND MIND.YOU DEPEND ON ATHEISTS WHO INVENTED THE INTERNET AND ALL YOUR FANCY GADGETS AND NOW YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT BASTARDS WHEN IT IS INFACT THE CHRISTIANS WHO ARE BASTARDS.GO AND SEE THE SNAKE HANDLING PASTORS WHO CARRY POISONOUS SNAKES TO THE ALTAR AND WHEN IT BITES THEM,THEY SAY IT IS THE WILL OF THE LORD.BIG FOOLS IN CHRISTIANITY LIKE YOU ARE GOING NOWHERE BECAUSE YOU ARE A SLAVE!!!

Hey,hey! Who are these atheist that invented the internet? This is what you believe. So internet brewed out from the knowledge of these atheist. Get life my brother, kindly argue constructively. Science and technology is the domain of man as envisioned in mind and translated in brain, the theatre of existence as programmed by God. Knowleged world as we have it today is a bank that was made rich by man-male,female, theist, atheist, white, black, young and old. Read wide and consult sincerely before making a claim or what have you.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
Have we ever thought about the awe and wonder of creationg. Have we thought about the Expansion of Universe and the Discovery of the
Big-Bang. How matter and materials that make up the universe and our world are fined-tuned in most perfect agreement and unbelievable unison. The Big-Bang point to the fact that matter in the universe was compacted in a single point-mass that had "zero volume" because of its immense gravitational force. Our universe came into being as the result of the explosion of this point-mass that had zero volume. The truth is that something that has zero volume is tantamount to saying that it is "nothing". The whole universe was created from this "nothing". The materials and the soul will live together in whatever living cell until its apointed time to die. Be it cloned or not cloned. God is great.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by bibina: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
Clone beings dont have souls, a human being is a three-fold being, he has a spirit which is the cosmic source of life linking him through the kundalini to the Divine Intelligence, the One in Whole, the spirit is free and pure, it belongs to the Divine Intelligence, it is the life force; again he has a soul which feels, hears and sees, the soul is unique to every entity, the soul feels pains, the soul is afraid, the soul is your inner being, the Soul is corrupt,the soul cannot be destroyed in the temporal realm but only the Cosmic can decide where the soul journeys to after physical death, the soul can be sanctified and be saved against etereal damnation, it can be saved through purgatory to attain sainthood; and finally the Body which is the ornament, the body is like clothes we wear, the body suffers death and suffers corruption, the body can and will always decay, the body can be destroyed in the temporal realm, the body does not transcend this realm, the body can be cloned and used by spirit beings to disguise as original owners.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by Smart007i(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
Last time i check. World population is 7billion...imagine when this scientist
Start cloning Humans...the result is disaster tongue
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by warrior101: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
teminoni: For those of you who think you know everything.. Includng scientists.. Your knowledge is but a tiny spectacle compared to God's knowledge.

Ecclesiastes 9:5~ "The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all."

Soul is our consciousness. Therefor a living human clone has a soul...

Cloning can also serve as spear parts for us.. ie. Liver, heart, and other organs.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
Only-Rebel:
Have we ever thought about the awe and wonder of creationg. Have we thought about the Expansion of Universe and the Discovery of the
Big-Bang. How matter and materials that make up the universe and our world are fined-tuned in most perfect agreement and unbelievable unison. The Big-Bang point to the fact that matter in the universe was compacted in a single point-mass that had "zero volume" because of its immense gravitational force. Our universe came into being as the result of the explosion of this point-mass that had zero volume. The truth is that something that has zero volume is tantamount to saying that it is "nothing". The whole universe was created from this "nothing". The materials and the soul will live together in whatever living cell until its apointed time to die. Be it cloned or not cloned. God is great.

i can see you haven't read genesis yet.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

i can see you haven't read genesis yet.

Well, God the Most High made me believe he creates from nothingness which scientists have proved with Big-Bang Theory. Or what will you say about the Einstein Law of relativity-the non-absolute nature of time and space that conforms that our world is indeed created. Your response if...
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!
If it had been Our wish to take (just) a pastime, We should surely have taken it from the things nearest to Us, if We would do (such a thing)!
Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us).
To Him belongs all (creatures) in the heavens and on earth: even those who are in His (very) Presence are not too proud to serve Him, nor are they (ever) weary (of His service):
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2012
Only-Rebel:

Well, God the Most High made me believe he creates from nothingness which scientists have proved with Big-Bang Theory. Or what will you say about the Einstein Law of relativity-the non-absolute nature of time and space that conforms that our world is indeed created. Your response if...

Ah! You read some parts of genesis, but not all.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by drshrewd: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
the concept of soul just like many other theological concept is just a creation by man to conceal his ignorance. each religion(even denominations within a religion) has different theological view and concept about life and they are often delimited by the horizon of their discretion.It is very saddening that at this age and time people are still wallowing in abyss of ignorance to still believe in this illusion called soul. get shrewded peps, and enjoy life while it lasts
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
dr.shrewd:
the concept of soul just like many other theological concept is just a creation by man to conceal his ignorance. each religion(even denominations within a religion) has different theological view and concept about life and they are often delimited by the horizon of their discretion.It is very saddening that at this age and time people are still wallowing in abyss of ignorance to still believe in this illusion called soul. get shrewded peps, and enjoy life while it lasts

Why have you confused youself still brother? Yes, enjoy your life really, till its appointed time. What leaves body when a man is dead. This is but your soul, it's a great sign from your Lord. But mind you, soooo many things you can't explain about yourself. In college biology, we were made to believe that our brain is sound and light proof-that light and sound does not reach our brain. Then how do we see and hear. You are not suppose to see and hear if the light and sound can't read this very important organ of your body. Not only soul that is awe to reason about but human existence in its entirety. Kindly ruminate over all these things. Yeah your soul, once again is real and eternal. The God that originates existence from nothingness, is sooo much capable to recreate all matter, space and time for Judgement day. Take heed your existence is not by accident!
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by drshrewd: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
Only-Rebel:

Why have you confused youself still brother? Yes, enjoy your life really, till its appointed time. What leaves body when a man is dead. This is but your soul, it's a great sign from your Lord. But mind you, soooo many things you can't explain about yourself. In college biology, we were made to believe that our brain is sound and light proof-that light and sound does not reach our brain. Then how do we see and hear. You are not suppose to see and hear if the light and sound can't read this very important organ of your body. Not only soul that is awe to reason about but human existence in its entirety. Kindly ruminate over all these things. Yeah your soul, once again is real and eternal. The God that originates existence from nothingness, is sooo much capable to recreate all matter, space and time for Judgement day. Take heed your existence is not by accident!
before i say anything to you i want to know which religion/denomination/faction etc you rep. cos these religious bodies are so confused that they all have entirely different concept about soul,life, etc
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
dr.shrewd:

before i say anything to you i want to know which religion/denomination/faction etc you rep. cos these religious bodies are so confused that they all have entirely different concept about soul,life, etc

Seriously, you need not know which religion I profess. But I call you so that we can reason together about the existence you touted. I believe you also follow a religion, but this is a call to reason. And really ready to have a discuss with you. Above all, I profess a believe in God and truth of His creation.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by LogicMind: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
Only-Rebel:

if science confuses you, blame god.
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by drshrewd: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
[quote author=Only-Rebel]

Seriously, you need not know which religion I profess. But I call you so that we can reason together about the existence you touted. I believe you also follow a religion, but this is a call to reason. And really ready to have a discuss with you. Above all, I profess a believe in God and truth of His creation.
[/[quote author=Only-Rebel]
pls i don't follow any religion cos am too shrewded to follow a religion.well since you say is a call to reason i presume you follow the christian religion( which is of course one out of thousands out their). pls can you demystify this verse of your supposedly unfallable holy book. Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.
something is even telling me that this verse of your holy book is even collaborating my posits
hahahahha i bet that the 10% you give to those illiterate pastors could if properly utilized attract a good BJ grin
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by OnlyRebel: 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

if science confuses you, blame god.

Don't be confused as the 21st century science prove the truth of creation in perfect order of creation.

In the words of Albert Eistein;
"Well, a priori [reasoning from cause to effect] one should expect that the
world would be rendered lawful [obedient to law and order] only to the
extent that we [human beings] intervene with our ordering intelligence...
[But instead we find] in the objective world a high degree of order
that we were a priori in no way authorized to expect. This is the
‘miracle' that is strengthened more and more with the development of
our knowledge".

The above is from one the greatest and brightest minds of 21st century. If he could have such a submission, may be your knowledge of state of science in your age in beyond you. You should be amply inform about where I'm coming from. I want to use science that you all claim is anti-creation as a tool for a discourse in this regards with you. That there is creation and creator(God)
Re: Do Human Clones Have Souls? by drshrewd: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2012
logicmind, logic boy i lv the way you reason. it is only minds like us that could liberate Nigeria but unfortunately we are very few

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A World Without God And Death of Civilization! / 101 Contradictions In The Bible / Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.