Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja (13992 Views)

How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria / Indian Doctors Forced To Treat Ebola Patients In Abuja Hospital / My Experience With A Quack Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2012
U guyz better be careful of wat u wished for.Nigerian Doctors stil need lots of training and retraining.Experience most times is wat our doctrs lack. INDIAN DOCTORS ARE BAD,NIGERIAN DOCTORS ARE WORSE. I've seen quite stupid and deadly mistakes doctors make and cover up. D number of death cases that occur due to Doctor's lack of competence,experience is quite alarming. I'd better travel abroad 4 medical checkup dan here in Nigeria.Read my leaps. May God not allow us be a victim.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by alahamad(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

at times like this u need abacha

With just a sentence...u earned my respect....
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Smilenw(f): 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2012
U talk abt Indian quacks ?! Wait till u hear what some very famous doctors(of course Nigerians) and their staff put us through ! Recently I had to go thru a lot of emotional and physical stress coz of a doc's negligence..n money ?..let's not even go there. Thanks to him, I miscarried my twins !I wish I could sue this man for all that he has put me through sad I now hear abt another woman who went to him with ectopic pregnancy n was asked to 'ignore' it and carry on as usual as he thought it can eventually turn into a normal pregnancy !!she had to shell out almost 1m for all the tests, all for her to lose her tubes and her chances of having kids :/ Yet another doctor who was on duty while we rushed our baby @ midnight due to high fever was shamelessly asking the nurse what medicines he should be prescribing. He couldn't even hold a syringe properly and the needle got stuck in my baby's bottom. He couldn't even write down the name of the medicine n had to check back with the nurse ! A friend took her toddler who had severe constipation to her hospital n the doctor who attended them stuck her long nails inside the baby's back to check for dried up poo !Needless to say the baby's skin broke n was bleeding heavily! If well-qualified ( some of them frame their certificates in their offices) n experienced doctors start to behave this way, I wouldn't even want to think about what those young things who call themselves doctors could do in the name of treatment! It comes as no surprise why those who can afford travel out of Nigeria for treatment. There is no sector in this country that is governed appropriately.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by camrygmail: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
@op sorry to hear about your sister's ordeal. All doctors even oyinbo have their issues. I live in the US and years ago started seeing an Indian dr., he would talk for so long and suggest procedures that I myself would go home and research and realize the guy must be money hungry because the procedures were not related to my medical needs after 3months I started getting insurance bills for procedures I did not have, after fighting it out, he blamed it on his billing staff and corrected the error, some people don't look tru the insurance bills and am sure he has made money from them.

As patients We should take charge of our health, get second opinion, go to the hospital as an informed patient (as much as possible) God will help us o.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by naijaking1: 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Every hospital should be certified by Nigerian medical council; Indian, Chinese, and even Nigerian owned hospitals. If these Indian doctors somehow managed to fool the Nigerian medical council into believing that they're physicians when infact they're not, then the medical council officials should be the first to be fired. It's a well known fact that unqualified Indians, Pakistanis, and even Arabs flood sub-saharan Africa trying to pretend to be doctors. Recently, there was a case in one of the northern states where a state health official was compromised into hiring 9 'expertriate' doctors only to discover the truth when they began to fight among themselves over money.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by sudir(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Sesan2: 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@

at times like this u need abacha

I thought he was found dead on an Indian.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Busybody2(f): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
Damage limitation from some of the greedy inept moneygrabbing horses' mouth. . .

sudir: I am neither defending nor advocating the subject matter. with the comments I can clearly make out that not many of us have visited the hospital and only commenting based on the media reports dipped in over aggressive patriotic feelings. This is nothing but a deliberate mail campaign to malign the image of the hospital by the selected lobby of doctors. Worthy to note that immediately after the so called incident the health secretory has come out and clarified to the media of no such happening and that the hospital will not be closed down.

If at all we are worried about our health services lets do something to the doctors who go on strike every often leaving the much needy patients to die.

lets look at it, if any investor has invested in this country he is not only generating jobs for the country men [size=16pt]but also need his investment to be returned as soon as possible with dividends[/size]. He or she is not here for charity and neither the government has asked them to do so.

As far as Indian doctors are concerned, the fact is 45% doctors in USA and UK are Indians. Will you still claim that India produces quacks and not doctors.

As many as 2000 visa's per year are being issued from Indian embassy for the training of doctors and Engineers in India on various advance specialties most of them free of cost sponsored by Indian government.

India is the second largest business partner of Nigeria with a trade of $14bn per year, in which India buys goods worth $11bn from Nigeria and Nigeria only buys for $3-3.5bn worth of pharma, machinery and other services from India. There is a trade imbalance of $8bn giving Nigeria an upper advantage. Indians were the largest investors in this country in 2010-2011.

Now with these facts do you really want the foreigners and foreign investment to go back....LOL.....No. Nigerian strategists are smart people and they wont make any such mistake.

Lets look at the larger picture and not one or two bad incidents which can spoil the opportunity for a better future for this country.

Love you all.

No shi't Sherlockes.

Nigerians are gaining more from the infestation of you bloodsucking penny-pinching leeches indeed. Keep spewing utter crap. You and the rest of your fellow cowboy indian's nemesis is just around the corner cool shocked
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Busybody2(f): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
camrygmail: @op sorry to hear about your sister's ordeal. All doctors even oyinbo have their issues. I live in the US and years ago started seeing an Indian dr., he would talk for so long and suggest procedures that I myself would go home and research and realize the guy must be money hungry because the procedures were not related to my medical needs after 3months I started getting insurance bills for procedures I did not have, after fighting it out, he blamed it on his billing staff and corrected the error, some people don't look tru the insurance bills and am sure he has made money from them.

[size=14pt]as patients We should take charge of our health, get second opinion, go to the hospital as an informed patient (as much as possible) God will help us o.[/size]

I wonder oh.

And I can never get my head around Nigerians always demonising Nigeria and going on about UK/US being the Eldorado whereby all the Doctor treating them has to do is waive their magic wand to take away their ailment. Just read this morning that the great Ol' USA ranks 31st for child mortality oh, whereas one would think they'd rank 1st considering what they spend on healthcare, SMH.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
toluscott2000: torkaka:
WHY WLD U CALL SOMEONE a bloody nit wit uncircumcised liar!! U HAV NO RIGHT , ARE U FRM INDIA ? U TOO MUST B IDIOT!!. IS COS U HAV E NEVA WORK WITH THEM B4.D INDIANS A PART OF THE PPLS CONTRIBUTING TO D DOWNFALL OF THIS GREAT NATION NIGERIA
my friend lets stop playing ping pong with health issues! i have gone to that hospital,i have also gone to maitama general hospital,wuse general hospital,garki hospital,national hospital,rouz hospital and ferepod hospital all in abuja ! and dude i can confidently tell you that the indian hospital makes the other mentioned hospitals look like primary health centres! i am well averse with the whole issues involving nigerian doctors and the indians! de-marketing wouldn't work! patrotism doesn't mean you all should encourage mediocracy!
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is very embarrasing to us its indeed true; There is also a hospital here in the US operated by mostly indians and I tell you,you dont wanna go there when you are really sick!!
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Busybody2(f): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: This is very embarrasing to us its indeed true; There is also a hospital here in the US operated by mostly indians and I tell you,you dont wanna go there when you are really sick!!

Same with UK oh, na dem full everywhere too with their shoddy malpractices with those their textbooks they are always forever consulting in full glare of dying patients. Ambulance go rush person to Hospital, dem go grab book whilst the patient is still on the stretcher playing russian roulette second guessing what is wrong with the person. . . They have sold their souls to the devil because they want to make a quick bob, at the expense of their "good name/reputation" . . . And that indian Sudique poster up there ain't even ashamed to say they are only in it for the maximum money they can get.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by inene: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
It is only in Nigeria that this type of nonsense can happen. IT cannot happen in countries worth the name. Imagine giving permission to quacks to operate in a sensitive area like medicine. Who knows how many people have died in the so called hospital. At least they should have employed Nigerian doctors to help them in their scam. This sort of nonsense will continue to happen until people who collude with criminals are brought to book. How can Indians and Lebaneese be allowed to treat Nigerians as second class citizens in their own country. Since this matter is already in the public domain it should be investigated and everybody found culpable punished otherwise we would be having this sort of nonsense. I feel so insulted reading this, that Indians have this much authority in our country because corrupt politicians and public servants give them the power to ride us.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
Many of my fellow Nigerians are a bunch of m0r0ns. Someone made an accusatory OP with

Zero proof
Zero evidence
Zero names

And everyone has been jumping on the OP and damning the 'quack' Indians.

How the heck can you neanderthals make up your minds on an allegation and decide one party is guilty without any concrete evidence? What's the guarantee this isn't just an elaborate demarketing strategy (as someone has said)?

Pathetic people!

2 Likes

Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by drzed: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2012
torkaka: @op
you are a bloody nit wit uncircumcised liar!! i have been to that hospital so as a lot of other people i know! the first thing that comes to your mind when at the indian hospital is how whack and useless nigerian hospitals are!
their doctors receive you at the entrance and you are treated with outmost respect (what i'll call vip treatment in nigerian hospitals). infact everybody that goes there comes out with the same verdict; "if only nigerian hospitals can be half as good as this". consultants are always on sit and appointments are kept!
the garbage you just posted is a well known bring him down syndrome that patients and visitors alike are aware of.
yes the cost is high but i'd rather pay more than go to that coffin house called national hospital!
my advice to you and your sponsors, go back and put your act together and brace up for the competition! de-marketing wont do you any good!

Torkaka,
There is no need to call anyone names here. Are you a part and parcel of this Indian scam or why else will you insult the OP without debunking ANY of the claims made?

1. Have you debunked the OP's claim that she was cut and stitched without any fibroid removed? No you did not. (i.e. Nehi, in case you are an indian)
2. Have you responded to the evidence obtained (i.e. the document signed by the hospital in question) that no operation was actually done previously? Nehi! You did NOT!
3. Have you responded/debunked the various interviews granted by the victim and the twice broadcasted report by FRCN? No you did not. Again, Nehi.

I would rather believe the OP (whose sister has shown courage to gather evidence) than someone who begins their post with insults. Tell me who is the uncircumcised nit wit now? People like you (torkaka) pollute Nairaland with insults everyday. Please stop it!!!

Your name even sounds Indian sef....Maybe you are not. But why would you go to this length to insult someone who simply stated their case, named names and gave details?

There is growing evidence that these Indians are just using our country to make money from rickety aeroplanes to fake hospitals. Very soon, (using your kind of logic) you will tell us that because Dana Air staff used to smile at their customers and help them carry luggage into the plane, so that makes them a decent airline...abi?

1 Like

Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by drzed: 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
texazzpete: Many of my fellow Nigerians are a bunch of m0r0ns. Someone made an accusatory OP with

Zero proof
Zero evidence
Zero names

How the heck can you neanderthals make up your minds on an allegation and decide one party is guilty without any concrete evidence? What's the guarantee this isn't just an elaborate demarketing strategy (as someone has said)?

Pathetic people!

When you use terms like morons and neanderthals to call people on Nairaland, dont be surprised if someone calls you a vulture (just an analogy, please). Two broadcasts by FRCN sounds like evidence to me, sha. Maybe not enough for people like you. Fair enough. So, tell us: What else do you want to see? The blood-dripping fibroids or the signed statement?

But you have raised some valid points. The OP should scan and post the signed document. Thats the least she can do for those who did not hear the FRCN broadcast.

Peace.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Busybody2(f): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
texazzpete: Many of my fellow Nigerians are a bunch of m0r0ns. Someone made an accusatory OP with

Zero proof
Zero evidence
Zero names

Pathetic people!

Right back at you.

You don't need this thread to know this. The term cowboy Indians did not materialise from thin air and is deffo not a Naija phrase. Nuff said lipsrsealed
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
drzed:

Torkaka,
There is no need to call anyone names here. Are you a part and parcel of this Indian scam or why else will you insult the OP without debunking ANY of the claims made?

1. Have you debunked the OP's claim that she was cut and stitched without any fibroid removed? No you did not. (i.e. Nehi, in case you are an indian)
2. Have you responded to the evidence obtained (i.e. the document signed by the hospital in question) that no operation was actually done previously? Nehi! You did NOT!
3. Have you responded/debunked the various interviews granted by the victim and the twice broadcasted report by FRCN? No you did not. Again, Nehi.

I would rather believe the OP (whose sister has shown courage to gather evidence) than someone who begins their post with insults. Tell me who is the uncircumcised nit wit now? People like you (torkaka) pollute Nairaland with insults everyday. Please stop it!!!

Your name even sounds Indian sef....Maybe you are not. But why would you go to this length to insult someone who simply stated their case, named names and gave details?

There is growing evidence that these Indians are just using our country to make money from rickety aeroplanes to fake hospitals. Very soon, (using your kind of logic) you will tell us that because Dana Air staff used to smile at their customers and help them carry luggage into the plane, so that makes them a decent airline...abi?

Why does someone have to prove the innocence of the hospital? The onus is on the OP and her cohorts to prove the guilt of the indian run hospital. So far there has been ZERO proof. What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?

Nobody has to 'debunk' any interviews or broadcasts or documents because none has been provided here and might very well be a figment of their imagination.

Finally, leave Dana air and your racial stereotypes out of this. With your warped Logic you associate ALL indians in Nigerians with shady practices yet people like you run squealing to Nairaland if a white man insists that you must be a scammer because you're from Nigeria. Pathetic!
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Parnassuss(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
Who are those patronizing them?

Primus is behind my house. Truth is they are expensive as hell, they are really expensive. But as to their standard I don't know if anyone's complained as yet, all reviews were positive and the traffic there is steady and has only grown from day one. Medium and high level income earners all flock there. My only grudge is that I know for a fact the massive place was constructed almost solely by the FG. What I can't account for is who furnished and provided the medical equipment, then why is it soooo bloody costly?
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Bontee: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
Geez i only posted an article i saw on the internet and what has it got to do with me and all these undeserved insults. undecided
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Parnassuss(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
Last question, how come there is no proper news Source backing this? Surely some news-house must have carried this news. It sounds really shady taking it solely from a blog as a source.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
Bontee: Geez i only posted an article i saw on the internet and what has it got to do with me and all these undeserved insults. undecided

No vex. My grouse is with the people jumping to inane conclusions.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by niyitogun(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
This is cool cash men...your sister needs to sue their asses!
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Busybody2(f): 2:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
Bontee: Geez i only posted an article i saw on the internet and what has it got to do with me and all these undeserved insults. undecided

Welcome to Nairaland full of quick-finge.red, but mentally lazy people who when they eventually manage to muster their lacklustre strength to apply their brain to read, still perfectly manage to read things upside down cheesy Never come across such a bunch needing spoonfeeding and handholding as Nigerians, yet whom after all has been said and done, still cannot shrug off their blind-following-the-blind/sheep mentality cool
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by TheMatrix3: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
Have you ever heard a story and was so sure twas true till you heard anoda version? truly I don't know wat to believe now cos I'm definitely confused. Nonetheless these Indians are terrible oppressors when you have dem as your employers...they paid 2nd class upper graduates 25k @DeltaSteel (2006). Ask those working wif dem at Celtel their experiences too. But sure enough, dem sabi work die: they lead the pack in Pharmaceutics, Medicine and Engineering cool
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by andyanders: 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
These Indians are blood suckers.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by nagoma(m): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
sudir: I am neither defending nor advocating the subject matter. with the comments I can clearly make out that not many of us have visited the hospital and only commenting based on the media reports dipped in over aggressive patriotic feelings. This is nothing but a deliberate mail campaign to malign the image of the hospital by the selected lobby of doctors.
As far as Indian doctors are concerned, the fact is 45% doctors in USA and UK are Indians.
India is the second largest business partner of Nigeria with a trade of $14bn per year, in which India buys goods worth $11bn from Nigeria and Nigeria only buys for $3-3.5bn worth of pharma, machinery and other services from India. There is a trade imbalance of $8bn giving Nigeria an upper advantage. Indians were the largest investors in this country in 2010-2011.
Now with these facts do you really want the foreigners and foreign investment to go back....LOL.....No. Nigerian strategists are smart people and they wont make any such mistake.
Lets look at the larger picture and not one or two bad incidents which can spoil the opportunity for a better future for this country.
Love you all.

From your comments it's clear that you have some interest in this racket called - hospital. To say that people speaking about it have not visited the center or bringing trade statistics and migrant indian doctor percentages is simply a smoke screen to bamboozle Nairalanders. This hospital actively "recruits" patients and offers them operations. As i said ealier those with backache and pains in the knee are been talked into and offered surgey in india and many are crippled for life. Some are dead. I know how much effort people go into to advice old women of 70+ years to manage their knee with good pain killers than to go to india for dubious knee replacement operations that often end up in tragedy and anguish.I will not mention names , but if you know the hospital that well , you sure know what I am talking about. India has several categories of "Doctors" with various levels and types of registration- Homeopathic Doctors,,Ayurvedic doctors,Unani Doctors,Narturopathic doctors,Panchkarma Doctors and holistic healers are some of the examples.They are all called doctors in India.How do we know who are in this Karu Hospital?
How do Nigerian patients know what type of Doctors they are patronizing ?? The Americans and UK have clear criteria for recruiting Doctors from India and the vast majority have local American or European qualification , not indian.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by Bontee: 3:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
texazzpete:

No vex. My grouse is with the people jumping to inane conclusions.

No problem and thanks.

Busy_body:

Welcome to Nairaland full of quick-finge.red, but mentally lazy people who when they eventually manage to muster their lacklustre strength to apply their brain to read, still perfectly manage to read things upside down cheesy Never come across such a bunch needing spoonfeeding and handholding as Nigerians, yet whom after all has been said and done, still cannot shrug off their blind-following-the-blind/sheep mentality cool

Thanks ma sister as i only made the post for people to discuss, share their experience and investigate and it has nothing to do with me.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by drzed: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
texazzpete:

Why does someone have to prove the innocence of the hospital? The onus is on the OP and her cohorts to prove the guilt of the indian run hospital. So far there has been ZERO proof. What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?

Nobody has to 'debunk' any interviews or broadcasts or documents because none has been provided here and might very well be a figment of their imagination.

Finally, leave Dana air and your racial stereotypes out of this. With your warped Logic you associate ALL indians in Nigerians with shady practices yet people like you run squealing to Nairaland if a white man insists that you must be a scammer because you're from Nigeria. Pathetic!

Look here Mr, we just lost over 150 innocent lives due to the shady practices of an Indian-owned airline, (Dana Air) who were WARNED that their planes were unfit to fly. Yet the idiots refused to listen even when a Gov. called the MD to complain not long ago. So excuse me if I mention Dana Air in my 'stereotype'. You must be rather inconsiderate to ask me to leave Dana Air out of this, actually. Secondly, yes, some white men tend to associate Nigerians with scam because a lot of scam is carried out by Nigerians in Nigeria, West Africa, the UK, the US and even as far away as Malaysia. Does that make ALL Nigerians scammers, hell no! By extension all over the world (e.g. Nigeria, UK, US, Middle East) Indians are known for their shady practices in medical industry. Does that make all Indians shady, hell no. But they do have loads of shady and quack doctors, dont they? They do have coffins in the air called aeroplanes, dont they? Guess where most of our counterfeit drugs in Africa come from....thats right: India! Dont ask me for proof. Google it!

We shall NOT leave Dana Air out of anything until we get justice. And those fake Indian doctors had better watch out too.
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by naijaking1: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
nagoma:

From your comments it's clear that you have some interest in this racket called - hospital. To say that people speaking about it have not visited the center or bringing trade statistics and migrant indian doctor percentages is simply a smoke screen to bamboozle Nairalanders. This hospital actively "recruits" patients and offers them operations. As i said ealier those with backache and pains in the knee are been talked into and offered surgey in india and many are crippled for life. Some are dead. I know how much effort people go into to advice old women of 70+ years to manage their knee with good pain killers than to go to india for dubious knee replacement operations that often end up in tragedy and anguish.I will not mention names , but if you know the hospital that well , you sure know what I am talking about. India has several categories of "Doctors" with various levels and types of registration- Homeopathic Doctors,,Ayurvedic doctors,Unani Doctors,Narturopathic doctors,Panchkarma Doctors and holistic healers are some of the examples.They are all called doctors in India.How do we know who are in this Karu Hospital?
How do Nigerian patients know what type of Doctors they are patronizing ?? The Americans and UK have clear criteria for recruiting Doctors from India and the vast majority have local American or European qualification , not indian.

The best response for far!!!
I am a practising physician here in NY, and I have many Indian and Pakistani colleagues. Even fellow Indian doctors would warn you about "unorthodox" Indian doctors. Forgery and fake medical licenses are big issues in hospitals where new Indian medical residents are hired, even in the US and most likely in UK. So the arguement that we should not worry about fake doctors simply because because they're Indians is wrong. For every real and qualified Indian doctor out there, there're probably nine fake ones trying every imaginable trick to complete medical school through the back door.
Once again, the onus of fishing out and firing fake doctors(Indians or otherwise) lies with the medical council
The Indians in Nigeria are by no means missionaries, hoping for the rewards in heaven, they're in Nigeria to make profit, lots of profit, so why should we be surprised that their business practices are more advanced than our local and redundant system?
Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by drzed: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
naijaking1:

The best response for far!!!
I am a practising physician here in NY, and I have many Indian and Pakistani colleagues. Even fellow Indian doctors would warn you about "unorthodox" Indian doctors. Forgery and fake medical licenses are big issues in hospitals where new Indian medical residents are hired, even in the US and most likely in UK. So the arguement that we should not worry about fake doctors simply because because they're Indians is wrong. For every real and qualified Indian doctor out there, there're probably nine fake ones trying every imaginable trick to complete medical school through the back door.
Once again, the onus of fishing out and firing fake doctors(Indians or otherwise) lies with the medical council
The Indians in Nigeria are by no means missionaries, hoping for the rewards in heaven, they're in Nigeria to make profit, lots of profit, so why should we be surprised that their business practices are more advanced than our local and redundant system?

Tell them, my brother. Tell them.
If I am sick, I would rather take my chances with a babalawo in Nigeria than one Aruveshayakrishna-licensed doctor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covid 19 - The Difference Between Medication And Vaccination / The Misery Of Ewe Imi Esu (white-weed) / Engineered Stem Cells Kill HIV Infected Cells In A Living Organism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.