Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja (14005 Views)

How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria / Indian Doctors Forced To Treat Ebola Patients In Abuja Hospital / My Experience With A Quack Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja by cheikh: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
Busy_body
Wow, have always wondered about their blatant and in bad taste me, me, me and mine attitude, many thanks for this eye-opening final piece in the jigsaw puzzle.

Much appreciated.

@^^ Thank you wink.
You may also recall that when Mrs Dora Akunyili was at NAFDAC, she visited India to confront the manufacturers of the fake/sub-standard drugs, also met the Indian government officials too. The telling thing about the tour, it was on BBC and CNN. The Indians did not show any remorse but rather bemused about the whole contact. Did the Indian government do anything drastic about our complaints- Crooked manufacturers potentially damaging the national image in the eyes of Africans(Nigerians)? It was not taken seriously but treated with levity and contempt quite unlike how the Chinese dealt with the sub-standard milk powder issue and drugs. The Chinese were swift in their action against the milk manufacturers. If I remember clearly, the manager was sentenced to death or long term imprisonment for damaging business and national image. China may not be perfect either but they take such matters relating to corruption very seriously if caught quite unlike the Indians, where such matters are a permanent feature/attribute of their politicians/government officials just like Nigeria. Please watch Indian tv news or read their national dailies you,ll get a broader view of the people and their character/aspirations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Leader, Xi Jinping Pledges 1 billion Covid Vaccine Doses For Africa / Covid 19 - The Difference Between Medication And Vaccination / Bovine Tuberculosis: Abia Commissioner Warns Residents Against Eating Cow Lungs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.