Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash (5154 Views)

My Anthology / A Mock Biography Of Flow1759, To Commemorate His Birthday. / The Naijastories Anthology #1 - Of Tears And Kisses, Heroes And Villains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by MyneWhite1(f): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
Naija Stories hereby calls on the general public to submit entries to a commemorative anthology to remember the dead 153 passengers and crew of Dana Airlines Flight 9J-992 from Abuja to Lagos and about 10 residents of the houses the plane crashed into.

Please send in your stories to admin@naijastories.com from now till the end of June.

You can also register and post your entries directly to naijastories. Selected entries will be published in an anthology by the end of July 2012.

This anthology will be a celebration of life. We will not forget.

For more information click on http://www.naijastories.com/2012/06/writing-to-heal-and-remember-calling-dana-flight-9j-992-to-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by Emmandus(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
Myne,
I really commend your step in this regards,we should do our best part to heal and comfort the people concerned.
Emmandus
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by MyneWhite1(f): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
Emmandus: Myne,
I really commend your step in this regards,we should do our best part to heal and comfort the people concerned.
Emmandus

Thank you, Emmandus.
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by MyneWhite1(f): 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thanks to everyone who has sent in a piece, we will be rounding up soon.
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by BillyRubin: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2012
Well done, Myne. Every time I log onto NS I go Wow! You consider us, fledgling writers, worth your time. God bless you.
When are we expecting a third novel? Hope it'll be about love in precolonial times (lol)!
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by immortalwriter(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
This is the best way we can celebrate lifes that were snatched brutally. Souls rest in peace my wanderer compatriot
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by oluchijud(f): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
Emmandus: Myne,
Emmandus
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by antitpiah: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
Anthology ko, Antarctica ni.

Bunch of Caucasian wanna bes. Even dem white folks no go descend so low, but trust our backward black women, they cant help holding on to a long forgotten western practice.

SMH!
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by jaymdee(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
antitpiah: Anthology ko, Antarctica ni.

Bunch of Caucasian wanna bes. Even dem white folks no go descend so low, but trust our backward black women, they cant help holding on to a long forgotten western practice.

SMH!

And what exactly are you saying?

1 Like

Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by MyneWhite1(f): 12:41am On Jun 24, 2012
Billy Rubin: Well done, Myne. Every time I log onto NS I go Wow! You consider us, fledgling writers, worth your time. God bless you.
When are we expecting a third novel? Hope it'll be about love in precolonial times (lol)!

Thanks Billy, it will possibly be my 6th novel. I need to get some more material for that.

1 Like

Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by Murphy7h4: 2:20am On Jun 24, 2012
Very nice![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by poweredcom(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2012
All dis is due to patience jonathan trips dat killed the 153 pple useless protocol which we give our leaders if not that plane won't land in agege crashing,it would have landed at the airport with less casualities shame
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by poweredcom(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2012
All dis is due to patience jonathan trips dat killed the 153 pple useless protocol which we give our leaders how could they lock airspace for 2hours if not that plane won't land in agege crashing,it would have landed at the airport with less casualities shame
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by Classique27(f): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2012
poweredcom: All dis is due to patience jonathan trips dat killed the 153 pple useless protocol which we give our leaders how could they lock airspace for 2hours if not that plane won't land in agege crashing,it would have landed at the airport with less casualities shame
If u are not informed then keep your mouth firmly shut. Patience wasn't at the airport that day. Noise maker. *smh*
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by hotwax: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2012
What is all this? When the rich dies, the whole world will not rest.

What about the people killed by Boko-haram everyday ? Are they not human ?

Enough of this Dana stuff jor
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by Pukkah: 8:19am On Jun 25, 2012
According to the FRSC, the average number of deaths from road traffic crashes was 4,000 in 2007. By 2008, it rose to 6,000 shocked! If this is the official figure, then you can only imagine the actual figures as so many crashes may have been unreported and/or unrecorded.

These victims sure deserve anthologies. My heart goes out to the victims of the ill-fated Dana flight but the efforts to commemorate the lost lives and console those they left behind should be total and not be done in such a way that we value the lives of the 'rich' more. All lives should be celebrated.

Besides, I think the real efforts should be directed at the causes of crashes, air and road, in Nigeria with a view to eliminating them and not on the 'easier' part of pouring encomiums on the departed.

The best way to write an anthology for the deceased and write their names on our hearts is to direct the campaign and resources to the reasons for the crashes.
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by BillyRubin: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
antitpiah: Anthology ko, Antarctica ni.

SMH!

antitpiah, Are you okay? D'you know this is the literature forum? Have you ever heard of Naijastories or you're prattling out of shameless ignorance?
Re: An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash by rapmike(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
Billy Rubin:

antitpiah, Are you okay? D'you know this is the literature forum? Have you ever heard of Naijastories or you're prattling out of shameless ignorance?
i was thinking of asking him..i dont know why some people behave the way he does whenever someone brings an idea up.
some nigerians just critize anything and everything.so now because some1 decides to start an anthology she is a fool and a backward person..i think the moderator should ban ppl like this..negative ppl.neva adding value to ppl's lives angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

My First Trip To Abuja And Zaria (story By Dindy) / THE FIGHT FOR Power¤¤¤¤¤¤(the Battle Between The Rich)----part 1&2..... / Tips On How To Write Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.