Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? (28058 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Your NYSC Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by greall1: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2012
Ha ha ha nice to meet you,you must know me RASAQ batch c. {local govt MCAN President} UDO roomate @ DUBAI lodge Faze2.I knw all of them You must knw Rashidat @ abuja lodge .sorry what's your real name.

Kinkynature: @ greall1, i served at gss jakusko( lagos lodge) at yobe state. My lodge mates were papa(i.e johnson), henry, ikenna, helen and stella. I knw pedro, labran, udoh and tolu who was our choir mistress at winners chapel even the clo then( oc). Though i redeployed after 5mths 2 enugu. I will b passing out next week.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by IZUKWU(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2012
Served in gombe state ,2008/2009 batch C. Place of primary assignment was diocesian high school ,gombe

1 Like

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by fmanf(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Treasury Department Ohafia Local Government H/G, Abia State 2011/2012 Batch B
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by 175(m): 10:15am On Jun 06, 2012
Born2fuck did his own in TOTO in Nasarawa State. PPA was d defunct Alhaji Arsiiinal Breau de Change. Set '92. loool!!!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by meetgaya: 10:16am On Jun 06, 2012
Beync: Ministry of Education, Ado Ekiti, 2008/2009. Enough ekugbadow. Any Ekiti Corper here?
YEA! ADO-EKITI 2007/2008 BATCH A
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by LeJeun3: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2012
G.S.S Lessel, Ushongo L.G.A, Benue State, 2010/2011 Batch A.
At first didn't want to stay, but surely it was fun all d way. Cheap food, free transportation, other freebies, etc. Miss Benue sometimes apart from d heat.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Elose11(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2012
I did my Service, in G.S.S. Koluama 1, Southern IJaw LGA, Bayelsa State (2003/2004). A very lovely and hospitable people. A community that was recently devasted by massive oil spillage courtesy of Chevron. It is a 4 hours boat ride from Yenagoa. I hope to visit there someday with my family.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2012
Can people also tell us of their experiences in their NYSC place of posting.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2012
does it mean none of u guys served in ikot-ekpene, does it mean u guys were unlucky not have have bleeped different ekaites everyday for 2 months, u lots are so unfortunate. i served in FGC IKOT EKPENE, 2007/2008. we ran that town for a whole yr, ask around about the igbo coppers that stayed at umuahia road
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by ozioma9ja: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2012
Min of Edu,mkd benue state,2011/12.batch A
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Smoj(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2012
GSS Yaryasa, Tudun-Wada LGA, kano State. 08/09, 1st batch C
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2012
Lagos State 09/ in an advert firm..... Can't say much: smiley
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by vitality22(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
greall1: Baba agbalagba ooo I hail

oooquote author=vitality22]This NL is really full of kids. I did mine in Iloro Ekiti. Community Secondary School, Iloro Ekiti. 1981/1982 session
How are you my pikin?
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
Served in 2005/2006 Batch A service year at ABAKALIKI HIGH SCHOOL (PRESCO), ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE. I had a deaf and dumb student who bested normal students, I know he would go places.

I was nicknamed 'guyman' by my students and was appalled that I was the only mathematics teacher teaching JS2 - SS3 while we had over 8 igbo teachers doing nothing. I did PP at EBSU Ishieke where I taught undergrads Business Maths and Statistics. I also served as the Cadet Registrar of my CDS - NYSC Road Safety Club.

We still have prospects in this country when I remember some of my bright students - Olisa, Paul Nwofe, Uchenna (small pot), Obasi et al.

The abakaliki community was very unfair to us corps members as we were robbed intermittently even waylaying us at the NCCF family house Nnorom street where our phones and valuables were snatched at random.

I miss my friends Henry Ogwude, Shedrack Lori, Niyi, Conscience, Omale Ichakpa, Abu, Bimbo, Eddy (headward) Sola and my then girlfriend Onyinye.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by TheMatrix3: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
2008/09 Gombe state
Just noticed that most of the unpolished-loud mouthed-ignowant-ne'er-do-well-quick to cursse guys and girls neva talk . nice thread joor

1 Like

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by maasoap(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Community Secondary School, Bori.
Rivers State.
2011/2012 batch A.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by jydoskillz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Govt college Damari, Sabuwa L.G, Katsina State. 2010/2011
Mennnn!
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by meetmeonline: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
Jaytee67: I served in Enugu state during 1992/93 (2nd Batch) NYSC year. Specifically, I served at Enugu Sports Club, near MODOTEL and Railway G R A
It was an unforgettable experience

BRRHOOOSSSSSS!!! If you are currently not a Director in a Bank now or a Permanent Secretary to your state government then you must take a Mountain of Fire prayer team to your home village to expose all that has held you bound...lol

Oboy you don tey....no be today!!!

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by meetmeonline: 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
Irunmole: Ministry of information, youth, sports, culture and social development, Sokoto, Sokoto State, 1985/86. The same set as Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi and Tony Elumelu (previous UBA GM). The best time of my life outside undergrad days at Ibadan (UI). We were well received and treated as one of theirs, no discrimination as long as you respected laid down laws, rules and regulations. NYSC allowance then was (N120) one hundred and twenty Naira if I'm not mistaken. Kaza, i.e. live chicken were three for seven Naira at the ultra-modern newly built market (kasuwa). Food was cheap, life and limbs were safe and secure, no killings, no mayhem. We lived and felt at home for the best part of ten months plus. Corpers Lodge on Dan Chadi road, Sokoto was bliss.

This is so inspiring, it reminds me of the need to working harder to rather saw myself in front and not telling stories of how I lived in the same street with Dangote.

Not trying to say you wasted your years but to reaffirm the obligation in me that I MUST NOT TELL THE STORY BUT BE THE GOOD STORY!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by INFO70: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
Kwara State. Govt. Secondary School,Agmau.2000/2001.
I was a good experience
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by AK481(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
I lectured/am lecturing soldiers elect elect @ Nigerian army school of signal.apapa lga,lagos.
12/13 set
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Muttex(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
I served in Victory secondary School,Ogwa,Ekpoma,Edo State. 2009/2010 BATCH A
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Jarus(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
inene: I SERVED IN RIVERS STATE IN THE FIRST BATCH OF 1989/1990 SESSION. I SERVED AT THE RIVERS STATES OWNED BANK THAT IS NOW MORIBOND. I CANNOT RECOLLECT THE NAME OF MY PA. SERVICE YEAR WAS FUN AND I RECOLLECT THAT I EARNED N250,000 A MONTH. CORPERS OF MY YEAR CAN CONFIRM THAT ALLAWEE THEN WAS N250.000

250k per month in 1989? Were you the Bank MD?
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by blessing1508: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
I did mine @ Army Day Sec Sch,Nguru.Yobe state.Batch A(2011/2012).it was wonderful.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by deeplow: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
meetmeonline:

BRRHOOOSSSSSS!!! If you are currently not a Director in a Bank now or a Permanent Secretary to your state government then you must take a Mountain of Fire prayer team to your home village to expose all that has held you bound...lol

Oboy you don tey....no be today!!!

So, if after 20 or 30 years of service, you don hold any of the two posts, you are an underachiever? Jik your mind bro.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
The_Matrix: 2008/09 Gombe state
Just noticed that most of the unpolished-loud mouthed-ignowant-ne'er-do-well-quick to cursse guys and girls neva talk . nice thread joor

Those guys and babes are still writing Post-UME. They're looking for admission!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
crusifis: does it mean none of u guys served in ikot-ekpene, does it mean u guys were unlucky not have have bleeped different ekaites everyday for 2 months, u lots are so unfortunate. i served in FGC IKOT EKPENE, 2007/2008. we ran that town for a whole yr, ask around about the igbo coppers that stayed at umuahia road

U try well well, u hia? Shebi that also was service to your fatherland? No be ya fault!!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2012
Jarus:

250k per month in 1989? Were you the Bank MD?

He means N250.00
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Bodmas06: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
Mine was at Federal Science and Technical College Usi-Ekiti 2010/2011 Sets. Meh! it was fun all through,INEC money. i'm missing my people Sheriff,Bimbo,Nelly,Jaye,Abigail,Rosemary and Mayowa.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by orekinky: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
The_Matrix: 2008/09 Gombe state
Seconded.

Thought I was the only one watching.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by hunter777(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
kaeto: Winners college Kuka, shendam LGA, Plateau state,plateau my 2nd home and a reason why Nigeria should never be split. God bless plateau state for me. God bless Shendam LGA.

What year did you serve in Shendam? Mine was Government Senior Secondary School, Lafia Rd, Shendam (that's the school opposite Federal Low Cost Housing Estate).
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by oseiwe(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
fluxbush: ICE,Agbor,Delta state.Batch A '10/'11
My camp mate. Nice to knw. I greet u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan / Corps Member Gifted ₦1M For Dance Passion (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.