Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? (28041 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Your NYSC Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by gentlejohn(m): 2:50am On Jun 18, 2012
St. Theresa's Grammar school Ughelli Delta state 2006/2007 batch A.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by 2kurupt(m): 7:43am On Jun 18, 2012
Sultan Bello Secondary School, Sokoto, Sokoto State
2009/2010

Nice State & people with a very unique weather. I wish the North will be peaceful again
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by uzoexcel(m): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2012
Raxxye: @Jarus. Impressive! U really had a time of ur life! But I hear in Sokoto the sun does not set, but continues till midnight with all its heat and glare!(lol), plus flies perching on ur mouth,eyes,nose,etc. Wonder how u guys coped!
yeah man...it was that bad..sun and flies double combo......rained only 4 times that year.......served in dongo daji lga, ABSS sec sch....08/09 set...made gr8 frdz there...segun adebayo,john anzaku,damadon jude.....
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by uzoexcel(m): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2012
Ganys:
Guy, You are making me to miss sokoto again ooooh, i remember the first bike i bought there, It was terrible. I escaped death more than 3 times. Imagine a 10yrs old igbo boy taught me how to ride bike. I learnt it for just 10 minutes and the rest was history. I remember Yoruba people at mabera calling me BABA OLOWO, and Calling My Bike OLA NI IYONU.
The bike was used one.I bought bought it around N28,000. I even customized the plate number as OTONDO CORPER lol, It was an unforgetable times in my life...OMG!!!! I wish i could turn the hands of time.
As Jarus was doing his ICAN programme, i was doing My Post Graduate diploma in Education at COE sokoto, its affilliated to ABU ZARIA. i met different set of people there. wow, Let me just stop here, i feel like crying, Im missing my people. Oh God... sober sober sober
wow...sokoto guyz dominating here...when i c d crisis appenin in d north i feel bad coz nt all northerners r lyk dz.......sokoto weather was horrible bt mehn 1 could v peace of mine there....lyf was so simple.....yeah man...it was that bad..sun and flies double combo......rained only 4 times that year.......served in dongo daji lga, ABSS sec sch....08/09 set...made gr8 frdz there...segun adebayo,john anzaku,damadon jude.....
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by bodik(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
olawalebabs: I served in 2009 at Federal Government College, Idoani Ondo State. Really enjoy my stay there.
Thumbs up cool school
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by bodik(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2012
nolongtin: NYSE ebonyi state 1998 set- posted to ezza girls high school isikoro.refused the offer came to lagos to serve,i wish i had stayed now sha..

Ebonyi was lovely even though the people wia hostile to visitors corpers or any non indigene, i still enjoyed every bit and during POP those guys that fled, said same thing
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by olawalebabs(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
bodik:
Thumbs up guy, that was my secondary school more than a decade ago
Good one, that experience was awesome. good school, good environment.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by bodik(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2012
ert
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by richeyy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2012
jonaboy: Did mine at commercial secondary sch Bekpor Irruan Boki LGA Cross River, 2003/2004 Batch A,almost when back after service to marry a wife from there but her dad was against her marying a northner.

I did mine in Boki too (2010/11 Batch A). I was originally posted to CSS Irruan. I went there and there was no network on my fone. The school itself was an eyesore. Na im I run oo. I was fortunate to get another posting to Okundi.

1 Like

Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by vivienpaddy: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2012
St.Bernadine Sec.Sch.Oyo town,Oyo State.2007/2008
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by karen01: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
I served in Akwa-ibom,uyo Ministry of rural development,2008/09 batch A,it was awesume,fr d 3 weeks camp till P0P,awka ibom ado ok!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Jarus(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
I can see Sokoto corpers dominating here. I've seen 2 ex-corpers of Sultan Bello, one of my regular places. I've also seen Silame and Dongondaji. And Plato(Ganys), how times flies, so it now 5 years when we used to meet @ City Campus cybercafe, discussing Obama and surfing Nairaland! I joined NL during my service year in Sokoto and Ganys(Plato) was the first Nairalander I met in real life.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by olawalebabs(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2012
Jarus: I can see Sokoto corpers dominating here. I've seen 2 ex-corpers of Sultan Bello, one of my regular places. I've also seen Silame and Dongondaji. And Plato(Ganys), how times flies, so it now 5 years when we used to meet @ City Campus cybercafe, discussing Obama and surfing Nairaland! I joined NL during my service year in Sokoto and Ganys(Plato) was the first Nairalander I met in real life.
I never see any ondo kopa here. What's going on?
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
vivienpaddy: St.Bernadine Sec.Sch.Oyo town,Oyo State.2007/2008

Wow! This school is close to Awe High School where I served also in 2007/2008 batch B. I‘m sure you remember Owode, Federal School of Survey, Ajayi Crowther University, Alafin‘s palace,etc, which are all within this area
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
olawalebabs: I never see any ondo kopa here. What's going on?

U haven‘t checked well; someone here said he/she served in Federal Govt College, Ondo.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by olawalebabs(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
Raxxye:

U haven‘t checked well; someone here said he/she served in Federal Govt College, Ondo.
am the one that said so.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
olawalebabs: am the one that said so.

Lol. I didn‘t notice that. At least u hv represented Ondo!
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
olawalebabs: am the one that said so.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by obisiv(m): 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
2010 Batch C. smiley
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Raxxye(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2012
obisiv: 2010 Batch C. smiley

State and PPA nko?
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 03, 2012
bodik: served in Ebonyi 2004/2005, lived in the army cantonement on afikpo road,had the fun of my life staying with the army officers drinks, food, partying, Governor Sam Egwu and his crew always had parties at the officers mess regularly, and strictly by IV MEN corpers in town always envied us.

I did mine in Abakaliki High School (PRESCO) 2005/2006. Do you remember Capt. Orokpo?
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by bodik(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
Dr. Wise:

I did mine in Abakaliki High School (PRESCO) 2005/2006. Do you remember Capt. Orokpo?
Yes i remember Capt Orokpo wella, He was your set's camp commandant (batch A), We once met after service at MMA2 and boarded same plane from Lagos to Abuja. I used to have a friend in my set who was teaching at Abakaliki high school, a northerner cant really recollect his name any longer maybe Mohammed.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by meetgaya: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
Beync: wow corper mate, nice to meet u. Where did u serve in Ekiti?
I served in Ado-ekiti miyunke ventures ltd no 31 irona street near irona market.
what is ur full name
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by kodewrita(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
sholasys: @ Akwa Ibom Exxon Mobil QIT Ebeno 2001 -2002. ohhh!!!! I can't forget Chika Eka (take-away chicken for Ekaete's)

My QIT peeps. Served in Mobil QIT too, 2008/2009 batch C. Where were you based? "Lagos" or "Abuja" or "MHE".

Free bus rides to and from home in the morning and afternoon.
Free lunch.( Buffet lunches if you eat at the "abuja" restaurant. Waiters wait on you if you eat in "MHE".)
Hyper-fast internet in the office and in the mobil housing estate (when I go there to resolve IT issues or change UPS batteries or on CDS days).
Monthly groceries.
Christmas and Easter free flights to Lagos (if you are lucky to pick a day when Mobil spouses are not filling up the plane).
Offshore trips at 5am.
Mobil taxis (Cool looking Toyota Corollas) that you can call to come take you to and from Ibeno when you have errands to run in town.
Snooker at MHE restaurant.
Tennis with the bosses at the Tennis Court near the Prison service.
Shopping at the MHE mall.
Tempest club for the adventurous corpers (of which I wasnt one. )

Ibeno beach...........Oh, Ibeno beach........Oh Ibeno beach......................

And Eket was so so so so so peaceful. Cool street names, Grace Bill, Liverpool etc

Real good times.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by NoQualms1(f): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ise-Ekiti, Ekiti State. 2011, batch C.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Agbgift(f): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2012
Oye-ekiti, ekiti state, 2011 batch B. Served under d legal department in d local gvt secretariat. Really enjoyed d place,although had toughh tym handling my cds group,as president of environmental cds in d mist of hard men who always challenge me as a female.But it was all fun. Missed d NCCF atheme, missed family house too. D meaning of oye means harmattan, truely an harmattan town.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by IbroSaunks(m): 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
vitality22: This NL is really full of kids. I did mine in Iloro Ekiti. Community Secondary School, Iloro Ekiti. 1981/1982 session
Welldone sir.
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by udx53: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2012
folowo: I did mine at Yobe state 2002/03(Yobe state college of Agriculture Gujuba).

i did mine in Ebonyi state, Ikwo L.G.A Noyo the school i did my teaching in community secondary school noyo alike 2010
Re: Where And When Did You Do Your NYSC? by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 02, 2012
bros,pls i was posted to cross river state and i want u to pls tutor me on the life there.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan / NYSC 2017 Batch A: Important Changes For Prospective Corp Members / Corps Member Gifted ₦1M For Dance Passion (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.