Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,361 members, 7,957,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum (985 Views)

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by crocodyl(m): 4:39am On Jul 23, 2005
Law in the Index Board

Hi Seun, I guess if you add LAW in the Forum, most of us who are ignorant of our rights and legal matters will be priviledged to learn about certain aspects of LAW and RIGHTS from both experts and other Nigerians. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Ka: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2005
I disagree. Don't add a new forum until you can see that there are enough posts relating to the subject matter of that forum in other fora. Else you will find that the forum may be severely underused (like the 'Pets' forum which I think should be merged with the 'Travel' and 'Motoring' fora to form a new 'Leisure' forum).

Anyone who wishes to post about law and rights can do so in the Education forum.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Seun(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2005
I agree with you. I actually made a mistake by introducing many boards all at once on the forum; I should have created the categories in response to observed traffic and user demand.

There is something we call 'power law' or 'long tail' distribution that will always apply when people are making choices - some choices (forum section in this case) will be exponentially more popular than others and there's nothing we can do about that. We can only attempt to make this long tail longer by <sorry, trade secret>
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by obong(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2005
Ever thought of adding some pictures to the site? Take a look at www.visitsierraleone.org. I think they have a pretty good site, just like this one, but with images of the country. I'm trying to make one like that.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by joftech(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2005
@Seun i will like you to create a forum on Open source/Linux. I don't know Nigerians are good Linux users until i join this site last night.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Hunter(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2005
Thats still kinda a niche market though joftech, the computing section isn't jam packed yet with stuff on linux/open source.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Seun(m): 12:08am On Jul 29, 2005
Yes, I don't intend to create any more sections except in response to observed demand for such a feature. I would like to invite honorable Nairaland users to make more suggestions here.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Oracle(m): 5:42am On Jul 31, 2006
I don't know how but just make the forum better
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by LoverBwoy(m): 1:48am On Aug 03, 2006
how do i stop some topics coming back to "new posts replying yours"

there are some that are just blocking my way and gettin on my nerves like what course did you study and some others that are not as relevant as at when you replied.

something like unsubscribe or mark this post as old skool

cheers
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by scribe(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2006
Well Seun, I think this forum is one of the best I have ever visited on the web. The only improvement I can suggest is that the issue of MORAL in the true African context should be re-emphasized. Some postings by few members cannot be said to be materials that a mother or father will consider safe for a child. Believe me or not, teenagers too do visit this forum. So, let us be mindful of what stuff we feed the leaders of tomorrow with. Thanks
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by HH(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2006
Seun, you havnt made any mistake at creating enough forum sites. the issue is postings being channelled to its appropriate destination. areas of interest are numerous.so if a posting is made wrogly to a destination, it shoudnt be attended to but referd to the right venue
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by jossymary: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2006
i will like to know far for NICON 'S NEXT STEP after the shortlisted name of sucessful candidcate on their test
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Cloud9: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2006
Hi, please i'm a friend to Elidegreat whom you just yanked off this site without warning. He has been distraught ever since. If you had issues with what he posted you should have warned him. In any case the rules and regulations did not contain the stipulations he violated. In any case please also refer new users to your house rules during registration to avoid embarrassment. He has informed me that he merely wanted to assert that nairaland is where important and not too important issues are discussed and not necessarily a place to commence a search for a wife as some pple are doing. He may be wrong. I think he is. But don’t persecute him without giving him a fair hearing.
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by MsPotato(f): 11:01am On Jul 24, 2011
I would still really like to have the PM feature here
Re: User Suggestions for the Nairaland Forum by Phate07(m): 6:53am On Jul 28, 2011

We need a Science Board. Seun, please come and deliberate on this issue.

(1) (Reply)

New Member Ahmadi! / Newbie Rock On! / Ponderables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.