Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] (6461 Views)

Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 11:19am On Mar 13, 2012
let's post our suggestions here in order to streamline the process. Hopefully they'll read it. Be civil please.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2012
first, I think you should keep the old nl open while people adapt to the new one and also while you finetune the new version and sort out the kinks. This will take more time than the previous one week test trial.

secondly, I find I seem to be permanently logged on nl, on my phone. It doesnt let me log out. Kindly fix this kink because I dont need you or the others eavesdropping on my phone conversations. If you must, then go through the right channels, not so obviously in this manner. And not for every bush and jobless illiterate mgbeke with a chip on their shoulder, to imagine they have one on me by spying on my personal convos. As per that, whatever you glean from such, na your head go carry am.

anyway, kindly look into this log out issue, thanks. The computer is already a freeway- not sure what extra info people think they're getting via phone.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Odinaka00(m): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2012
I wª₪Ŧ τ̲̅ȍ become popular on this site, pls kindly work on it k? Tnx ♍Ɣ man seun......more grease τ̲̅ȍ U̶̲̥̅̊Я elbow
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun, If you cannot curtail the activities of dimwit TRIBALISTS, then NL is doomed..Just take it from me
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by jspac(m): 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
Odinaka00: I wª₪Ŧ τ̲̅ȍ become popular on this site, pls kindly work on it k? Tnx ♍Ɣ man seun......more grease τ̲̅ȍ U̶̲̥̅̊Я elbow
buhahahahahaha grin bros you no well
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by saintchyco: 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2012
i personaly think its fun, the new NL look
Just that i would have loved The site to have PM system up and runing
where member can have personal conversation without everyong seeing waht they are chating
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
This new interface is not friendly, I won't lie to you. Kindly return it back to the old one...we love that one more than this crap.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by saintchyco: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
sofeco: This new interface is not friendly, I won't lie to you. Kindly return it back to the old one...we love that one more than this crap.

boss we have to change and we need a little adventure and this new site offer us change and adventure so figure it out it will only take you 3 min tog et use to it
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun please can you just make it compulsory for people to use their Display Pictures.... This hiding of pix fin no too make sense as Majority of N/L gurls are ugly and Hide under this while disappointing expectant fine boys... angry

If we can see their faces, we would know our boundaries grin
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Funkymallam(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
Why this daily complaints?
Seun have said it, the old nl is gone and gone for good, deal eith it.
We can inly suggest improvements on this nw one. Shikena
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Funkymallam(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
Why this daily complaints?
Seun have said it, the old nl is gone and gone for good, deal eith it.
We can only suggest improvements on this nw one. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Mgeejay: 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2012
Ijogz K: Seun please can you just make it compulsory for people to use their Display Pictures.... This hiding of pix fin no too make sense as Majority of N/L gurls are ugly and Hide under this while disappointing expectant fine boys... angry

If we can see their faces, we would know our boundaries grin

is that ur headache? I pity you wella, no be small
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by dadicvila(m): 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2012
MrPrsdent: Seun, If you cannot curtail the activities of dimwit TRIBALISTS, then NL is doomed..Just take it from me
story story story,he is not taking anything 4rm you,the tribalism is part of what makes Nairaland fun incase u dont know
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 4:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
let's drop suggestions about the new interface please.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Emeka71(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2012
The former / old Nairaland Forumis far better than this new one. the only benefit is that I have been unbanned by this recent developments. I was banned long ago as Emeka 7 before I came back as Emeka 7. this new Nairaland Forum doesn't look good when compared with the old one.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
lest i forget, i have a very important comment about whoever is or are running this place.

given the scope, size and range of nairaland [whether intentionally or by accident], i'd have thought a change of this nature would have involved utilizing the services of a team of people. Meaning no less than at least four professional web designers, coders,laymen, secret service agents,psychologists, etc to give input, suggestions and practical knowledge to ensure a smooth transition.

nl isnt a new site to be playing around with colour fonts and crayons like a baby.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by jimblaze(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seun, this new interface is nooooooot user friendly at all! If it aint broke dont fix it! its playing with my eyes! grin
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by badesco(m): 4:37pm On Mar 13, 2012
The new interface look too local and more complicated for a newbie. I advise that he revert to a more sophisticated and simple one or better still to the old straight forward interface. Good try.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by badesco(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
The new interface look too local and more complicated for a newbie. I advise that he revert to a more sophisticated and simple one or better still to the old straight forward interface. Good try.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Ttola(m): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2012
its just a matter of color separation for me.. the contrast of this new interface stings after reading for a while..
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by MissyB3(f): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
1) Having the topics centered on the page of a section makes the site look more orderly, unlike before. Kudos!
Can you also make posts centered on the pages of a thread, like it was on the old Nairaland - i.e the poster's name appears on the left side of the page with a vertical line to separate ''username space'' from ''comment space''. That way, threads will look more neat and orderly.
As it is now, threads seem to be totally chaotic, posts scattered everywhere, you can hardly notice a post directed at you.

2) Can we have our signatures under our posts like it was on the old Nairaland

3) Can we have the green color back

That's all for now.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Yeske2(m): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
Would have preferred the old site but Seun is on his own.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by moderattor: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2012
Nairaland - the rise and fall.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by NL1960: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
tpia@:
let's drop suggestions about the new interface please.

Using Hours/minutes/seconds on a post is making it difficult to track and trace where somebody stopped in previous post. The old way of using date/time should be brought back. For instance, you now have 'Bleep hours yyy minutes zzz seconds' ago on a post. This is making it difficult. In the previous one with date/time, i can easily track and trace to the last post i read on a topic. Now, i have to start doing addition and subtraction of hours/minutes/seconds to know where i stopped previously.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tEsLim(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2012
Well put up something better. this looked like an hacked archived site now.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by kemiola89(f): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2012
I just hope the new font colour wont blind my eyes, cos it is already affecting my sight, oga seun i suggest u change the font colour to the old one.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by binigirl(f): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2012
Missy_B: 1) Having the topics centered on the page of a section makes the site look more orderly, unlike before. Kudos!
Can you also make posts centered on the pages of a thread, like it was on the old Nairaland - i.e the poster's name appears on the left side of the page with a vertical line to separate ''username space'' from ''comment space''. That way, threads will look more neat and orderly.
As it is now, threads seem to be totally chaotic, posts scattered everywhere, you can hardly notice a post directed at you.

2) Can we have our signatures under our posts like it was on the old Nairaland

3) Can we have the green color back

That's all for now.
I second this
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by henry247(m): 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2012
Colour rioting nairaland naim be dis.alss no privacy
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Pakavy(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2012
uncle seun e b lyk say u go organize tutorials as how man pikin go use this new interface o..and bliv me u got to start 4rm d QBASIC..i was hoping we culd get a box to send PMs.i want toast one babe put privately cos ha guy na bokon luv and e b n'lander
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by ehie007(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2012
The old interface still looks better, try no to make a major chage, you can make slight changes little by little.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bid4rich(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2012
sofeco: This new interface is not friendly, I won't lie to you. Kindly return it back to the old one...we love that one more than this crap.

im sure you are not growing up, thats why you stil want
the old version. OLD SCHOOL
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bid4rich(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
jimblaze: Seun, this new interface is nooooooot user friendly at all! If it aint broke dont fix it! its playing with my eyes!

Go and get glasses for yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing - And Not So Amazing - Bridges From Around The World.. / 16 Year Old Actress Regina Daniels Posts Bedroom Photos With ‘boyfriend’, Nigeri / Newscaster Edet Umoh Dies At 37

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.