Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane (2056 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Atheists, What Is The VALUE Of Human Life? / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Zodiac61(m): 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
This really is a silly post. Atheists do not believe that god (or any of his other supernatural bedfellows) exists.
What would we have to pray about? A general acceptance of one's fate is far more realistic. Of course, even as an atheist I do not want to die. However, not wanting to die is not the same as wishful thinking.
Seeing that theists find it difficult to understand simple concepts, I will have to shout this out
- ATHEISM IS A LACK OF BELIEF IN GOD OR GODS. THE ABSENCE OF GODS MEANS AN ATHEIST DOES NOT HAVE TO PRAY TO ONE.
Shit happens all the time. Accept it.
There were pastors on the plane. God did not spare them, because god does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 07, 2012
Zodiac61: .
Shit happens all the time. Accept it.
There were pastors on the plane. God did not spare them, because god does not exist.

I beg to differ, god exists, he was just attending the royal jubilee shenanigans and ignored Nigeria............as usual.
Besides, he has to save the queen.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by jmoore(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2012
ZUBY77:
Just like the Dana victims who prayed when they confronted a situation beyond their control. Grow up dude. No amount of prayers can save you from Death, no matter the form it takes. Even Pope wll die if he was on that flight.

Death is not the end, there is afterlife. As Christians we have hope in the other side. Prayer can save one from death. You don't have to believe me
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2012
jmoore:

Death is not the end, there is afterlife. As Christians we have hope in the other side. Prayer can save one from death. You don't have to believe me
Smh...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Striktlymi, Davidylan: You Are Right, Am Wrong. / Can I Ever Be Delivered From This Spiritual Attacks And Stagnancy? / Black Muslims Are Destined For Hell???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.