Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,011 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? (21771 Views)

Who Is Your Best And Worst Celebrity In Nigeria For 2012 / Ten Worst Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names (Part 1) / Maleke, Nigerian Comedian Beaten And Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
tboy1:

Thats what ive been trying to explain to some ppl ere ooooo
90% of his jokes are not his own . . . if u watch more US StandUp comedy shows you'll know basketmouth is not creative at all and most of his jokes are stolen from there . . .

Yeah I only noticed about Chris Rock cause I love his stuff and watch him a lot.  Haven't checked for other US comedians but am sure your right.  I would rather pay to see Chris Rock tell his own jokes than pay to watch Basketmouth repeat them.  I won't go to a show where he is performing anymore cause its a rip off why pay for him to tell me someone else's stolen jokes.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2009
Innociola:

Yeah I only noticed about Chris Rock cause I love his stuff and watch him a lot. Haven't checked for other US comedians but am sure your right. I would rather pay to see Chris Rock tell his own jokes than pay to watch Basketmouth repeat them. I won't go to a show where he is performing anymore cause its a rip off why pay for him to tell me someone else's stolen jokes.

this is crazy does he think we are stupid or what?
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by funkydot(f): 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
Why are you guys hating on Basketmouth Everyone has a mentor you know and Chris R may very well be his.Duh! The bloody guy is smiling to the bank every show, original jokes or not and y'all are hanging at nland hating on him.Pls get a life.He's the best around. grin
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
Noones hating on anyone hes not the best hes a fraudster. He charges for shows and is ripping people off coz de material is from someone else. You don't copy your mentor's material without their permission, thats outright thiefdom there. Its so not right that he is taking our money and pretending to be a comedian. Comedians should create their own material.

If not I would stand up and do it and earn all the monies he is collecting. Hes lucky they are not suing him coz dem in the US love doing that. If they find out there will be law suits abi. Coz I don't think they will see it the way you do.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
ade.tola:

this is crazy does he think we are stupid or what?

Well obviously we are coz we paying him to do it an supporting his shows.

It puts a really bad light on the other guys out there cause they are genuinely trying to create their own material.

Its not fair to them either cause he looks funnier than he really is.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by tboy1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
funkydot:

Why are you guys hating on Basketmouth Everyone has a mentor you know and Chris R may very well be his.Duh! The bloody guy is smiling to the bank every show, original jokes or not and y'all are hanging at nland hating on him.Pls get a life.He's the best around. grin
Hating on BasketMouth  
Read the thread well before u make a comment on ppl's post
BasketMouth steals ppls jokes(its ok if this just a tiny %) but when all the shit im erein from him is not his material then i'll write this again - BASKETMOUTH is not creative, he's funny but lacks creativity
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by tboy1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
funkydot:

Why are you guys hating on Basketmouth [b]Everyone has a mentor you know and Chris R may very well be his.Duh! [/b]The bloody guy is smiling to the bank every show, original jokes or not and y'all are hanging at nland hating on him.Pls get a life.He's the best around. grin
I just read dis, U're really funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
Yep Tboy I was going to mention that, it isnt just one mentor, as you commented on earlier.  

Also for someone to mentor you, you have to know them on a personal level they have to agree to it and they channel and shape you they don't give you material to actually perform on stage.

You still have to write your own stuff.  Do all these US performers know they are supplying Basketmouth with an income and a bunch of material?  

Do you think they would be happy if they did?  They would sue his behind.  Finish him financially and his career.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
funkydot:

Maybe your his girlfriend and you benefit financially from his shows. Why would anyone defend someone stealing? Or try to justify that?
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by funkydot(f): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
Sorry to dissappoint you but I am happily married and Basketmouth can't light a touch to my boo wink Just don't like this naija bring-him-down syndrome especially with celebrities.I mean if someone is doing good why bring him down? It's no news that comedians poach and recycle jokes even here in the States so what's up with making that a reason to hate. Basketmouth is good and people are voting him as one of the top three or two so there has to be something in that. cool
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
funkydot:

Sorry to dissappoint you but I am happily married and Basketmouth can't light a touch to my boo wink Just don't like this naija bring-him-down syndrome especially with celebrities.I mean if someone is doing good why bring him down? It's no news that comedians poach and recycle jokes even here in the States so what's up with making that a reason to hate. Basketmouth is good and people are voting him as one of the top three or two so there has to be something in that. cool

1. Hmmm You dont you get it Basketmouth is the one bringing us down by stealing other peoples jokes internationally?

2. Whats good about stealing?

3. They think he is good and are voting for him, coz they don't know he is stealing other people's jokes (he thinks he is clever by stealing jokes from another continent so people won't know). If he wasnt stealing he might not even make number 50 lol cause without the stealing is he even that funny?

4. If someone is really good they don't need to steal anything from anyone.

5. I have hardly ever seen a US comedian recycle another US comedians jokes cause if they did they would get sued.

6. Basketmouth himself complained in the press years ago about other Nigerian comedians recycling jokes and now we find out he himself is stealing he is just stealing internationally.

7. Just cause other people do something doesn't make it right. Should we all jump of a bridge coz we saw someone else do it?

He isn't good else he wouldnt have to steal and he is playing us all coz we are rating him for stuff that isnt even his. He can play you if you like but he ain't playing me I won't spend another penny on one of his shows.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by funkydot(f): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
Now,it's obvious you have a BIG BEEF with Basketmouth tongue Whatever! P.S Nairaland is not a boxing ring for sorting your issues with him! Peace, I am out. cool
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
funkydot:

Now,it's obvious you have a BIG BEEF with Basketmouth tongue Whatever! P.S Nairaland is not a boxing ring for sorting your issues with him! Peace, I am out. cool

No actually you jumped in to the thread with an irrelevant comment and I stuck to the issue.  Your the defending the indefensible.  It wouldnt even have carried on replying to you if you hadnt been defending something that wasnt right.

If you defend something that isnt right when someone is doing it then you have a personal connection to that person. So what is your connection to Basketmouth?  Why are you defending stealing when he does it? 

Why is it wrong when a politician does it but ok in your eyes when Basketmouth does it?

Why are you getting personal and why can't you answer the questions I am asking if you defend something at least you should have a valid reason for doing so.

Oh and just so you know if I had a big beef with him I wouldn't  be discussing it on an internet forum.  I would tell him face to face and I don't know him personally so thats not even an issue for me.

If I really wanted to ruin him, I would be approaching the press with evidence which there is lots of on you tube etc and wrecking his upcoming show and approaching Chris Rock and the rest's entertainment companies and lawyers.   wink

I have a beef with fraudsters whether they are politicians, or comedians or whatever they do.  Innnocent hardworking people pass over their money to them and are being ripped off.  They work hard for their money noone has a right to deceive people for financial gain.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Thanks anyway for the exposure. It was great to find out the truth puts a whole new light on everything.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by omabest: 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
best=klint da drunk,Ali baba,and Basket mouth. worst=gbenga Adeyinka,simply a noise maker and Teju baby face,too dry 4 my liking
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2009
omabest:

best=klint da drunk,Ali baba,and Basket mouth.

did you read the post by Tboy and Innociola. You have to go read um. Apparently Basketmouth is a big fake. He dey use jokes from US comedians shows. Tboy said up to 90% so he no be dat good o. Him day chop our money for nuttin.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 2:52am On Sep 12, 2009
if you want to email me Innociola you can get me @ adetola.tola@googlemail.com. I wanted a bit more information please.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
@Ade.tola

Yeah I posted the clip from Basketmouth where he day use Chris Rock joke dat he day talk for London show.   Tboy got more names tho of the jokes he day copy and day shows he day use them in.  Yeah he day go chop our money for nothing what a rip off sha.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
Thanks.  I had a look.  I will let you create the facebook group I don't use facebook.  This is embarrassing for Nigerians imagine people coming to comedy shows and hearing Basketmouth with those stolen US comedians jokes.  Its really terrible. Apparently he is using facebook to advertise and notify people about his shows.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by obyyung: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
to mi sha klint da drunk is d best den basketmouth,i go die. i dont have ny worst coz they r all gud
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2009
oby yung:

to mi sha klint da drunk is d best den basketmouth,i go die. i dont have ny worst coz they r all gud

Did you read the thread apparently Basketmouth is a fake who steals up to 90% of his show material from US comedians. Someone even posted a joke he used at a show from Chris Rock. He is chopping our money for nothing cause he no even go be funny. Tell your friends and relatives spread the word cause he is playing us for real.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Ak4all(m): 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
All of u are just silly 4 choosing old comedians why can't u try out the new comedians like Seyi Law, Emeka Smith, Elenu and others. Still yet my favourite is not one but i really like I go die. The worst is Okey Bakassi. What do u think about that?
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by maedan(f): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
Klint Da Drunk is my all-time fave - very original, ultra-talented(he can sing too). His drunken act never gets old cos he mixes it up so much with dancing and singing grin. That Okey Bakassi gets on my wick but not as much as that Jedi guy. He's not as funny as he thinks he is - but seems to have big friends so his shows are always packed. He's gone into singing too, by the way .
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by illusion2: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Tho' its been over a year
Best- basket mouth by a mile very original and fully loaded repertoire. . . worst is teju babyface. . .he tries too hard. . . cry
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by roymorah(m): 12:02am On Sep 15, 2009
the best has just got to be I GO DIE while d worst goes to AY,
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Ade

Sorry I have been really busy we are moving to Montreal and my wife is pregnant so things are quite hectic right now. 

@Illusion2

First and foremost I would like to clarify

A comedian is supposed to make up their own material and deliver their own jokes.  An actor gets other people to write material for them and delivers that, the whole point of a stand up comedian performing and doing a show is that they are supposed to bring their own material and deliver it and it's supposed to be funny.  To be creative you have to create your own material.

If up to 90% of someone's material in a show is from other comedians then the audience is being ripped off.  If a comedian is funny there is no need to steal other people's material as it is easy for them to find their own.  So without all the other material they have lifted from other comedians would this person even be that funny.  In reality they are not as they are subsidising their performance with materials from other people.

Basketmouth is a good at marketing his brand, however he is not funny as a comedian as he struggled to get a laugh at that show I attended and had to bounce and fall back on materials from Chris Rock.  Now I heard a couple of his own on the stop jokes and I will be honest they barely raised a giggle.  So for me his level in terms of comedy and ability to make people laugh from his own material and his own jokes is minimal.

At another show Tboy said he used up to 90% of the material from various other US comedians. 

The whole incidenct was very sad for me as I was a huge fan and I found it very disappointing.  Just let me say one last thing, if in Nigeria we are claiming someone to be our best, or one of our best, lets really get someone that has real talent and ability not a pretender who is stealing materials from all over the place and then acting like they are funny when they are really not. 

We will also look stupid to outsiders if they see our comedians doing this and foreigners who know these materials will be shocked that we are calling a thief our best instead of talented funny comedian who sources his own jokes, like their best comedians do. Nigerians already have a bad enough reputation without participating and enabling that kind of fraud in our comedy circuit.

I also blame the promoters as they must know that this is going on so they obviously are just trying to benefit from this too instead of seeing it and stopping it in its tracks.   So they are enabling this rip off that is occurring. 

My plea is lets financially support the real comedians out there that are struggling and are really talented and funny and shun these fake comedians that keep charging us money to listen to other people's jokes.  Lets stop paying good money for shows that Basketmouth appears in as he obviously doesn't deserve our money and if he really can't deliver his own material then it may be time for him to consider a career change.

If he does deliver his own material and he flops well at least he tried to be honest and I will respect him for that.  I am sure he is not that funny as his on the spot jokes were really bad.  So I am sure he will fall in his placing but thats better than being branded a thief and a rip off merchant.  He should try to be true to himself.

If someone is ripping of your family, your brothers, your mother, your father, your cousins financially that is not a good thing and such people who behave in that way should be shunned and condemmed. Its not right that Basketmouth is exploiting our relatives and friends, with his stealing of jokes and then charging them monies to see him pretend its his own material. Its time we stood up and spoke out against fraud whether its in politics or on the comedy circuit.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by BABE3: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2009
best: BASKET MOUTH!, GOSH, am dying 2 meet this dude kiss, HES HOT! nd of course funny, it comes nashurally, cheesy
worst: lepacious babe, mehn, in d babe's dictionary FUNNY= BEING FAT!,
nd dont tell me some of yall r hating on Bright, aka basket mouth(4 all u slackers), lol, but its ok 2 hate, hes a celeb
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Innociola: 8:38am On Sep 18, 2009
BABE!:

best: BASKET MOUTH!, GOSH, am dying 2 meet this dude kiss, HES HOT! nd of course funny, it comes nashurally,  cheesy
worst: lepacious babe, mehn, in d babe's dictionary FUNNY= BEING FAT!,
nd dont tell me some of yall r hating on Bright, aka basket mouth(4 all u slackers), lol, but its ok 2 hate, hes a celeb

Well apparently with Basketmouth it doesn't come naturally thats why he has been stealing materials from US comedians.  Can we stop supporting rip off artists please.  This is why Nigeria will never change someone rips us all of and people still support him.  Just cause you think he is hot doesn't mean he should get to rip everyone off.  A rip off artist is definitely not our best comedian. Are we really this stupid a man has being exposed ripping us off and people still name him as creative and one of the best when he clearly isn't.

The man conned everyone and we have people in denial not facing hard evidence.
Can we get real and stop pretending a guy that is a con artist is a good artist.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by Rebarobyn: 8:52am On Sep 18, 2009
Conversation between two kids

1st kid: If you have $5 and your dad gives you another $5, what would you have in total?

2nd Kid: $5

1st Kid: You're wrong, you should have $10

2nd Kid: You're wrong, you don't know my dad!

Courtesy: Show me the funny grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by adetola5: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2009
Innociola:

Well apparently with Basketmouth it doesn't come naturally thats why he has been stealing materials from US comedians.  Can we stop supporting rip off artists please.  This is why Nigeria will never change someone rips us all of and people still support him.  Just cause you think he is hot doesn't mean he should get to rip everyone off.  A rip off artist is definitely not our best comedian.  Are we really this stupid a man has being exposed ripping us off and people still name him as creative and one of the best when he clearly isn't.  

Can we get real and stop pretending a guy that is a con artist is a good artist.

Yes I agree Innociola thanks for your posts.  Don't worry I have started to spread the news about Basketmouth and his stealing of jokes, I know you have only posted here and that you don't have time for other things.  I have and will continue to do other things though as its important that the news spreads.  So I am focusing more on spreading things.  Thanks for all your posts and logic hopefully you made a few more people face reality and see the truth about what has been happening.
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by BABE3: 8:58am On Sep 18, 2009
Innociola:

Well apparently with Basketmouth it doesn't come naturally thats why he has been stealing materials from US comedians. Can we stop supporting rip off artists please. This is why Nigeria will never change someone rips us all of and people still support him. Just cause you think he is hot doesn't mean he should get to rip everyone off. A rip off artist is definitely not our best comedian. Are we really this stupid a man has being exposed ripping us off and people still name him as creative and one of the best when he clearly isn't.

WE r not really that stupid, we jst luv him! grin TOPIC SAys YOUR Best nd worst nigerian Comedian, so its my opinion, by d way i dint know he steals materials 4rm US comedians, r u serious?, dat crazy! But his jokes doesnt sound ripped off 2 me though nd hes still my best, and who r these people that he is rippin off sef?do u mean Chris rock nd co
Re: Your Best And Worst Nigerian Comedian? by BABE3: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2009
ade.tola:

Yes I agree Innociola thanks for your posts. Don't worry I have started to spread the news about Basketmouth and his stealing of jokes, I know you have only posted here and that you don't have time for other things. I have and will continue to do other things though as its important that the news spreads. So I am focusing more on spreading things. Thanks for all your posts and logic hopefully you made a few more people face reality and see the truth about what has been happening.
WOW shocked shocked shocked, do u know Basket mouth or smthing? asin on personal levels?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oge Okoye Displays Hot Legs In Denim Short Shorts (photos) / Toke Makinwa Vs Yemi Alade: Who Rocked It Better? / Phyno Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.