Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister (12471 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Osinbajo Did Not Shut Down Calabar- Vps Aide. / Ministry Receives N5bn For Clean Cookstoves Project, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Hardeyoye: 8:26pm On Jun 06, 2012
[quote author=GP15][b]Come to tink of it, Something doesn't add up. That woman (Dame) went everywhere with Jonathan during the campaigns and after. Why would she den hurriedly leave on Monday when he was visiting the crash site? Didn't they visit hospitalized victims of the Abuja blasts together? According to her media aide, she left Lagos at exactly 1:15pm on Monday. Jonathan had already arrived Lagos at the time to visit the crash site. And we are to believe she left just like that? Without visiting the site? Something is CERTAINLY NOT RIGHT here.

Thank u joor. Who is fooling who? If Dame was to be in Lagos as said on Monday, she would have visited the scene with GEJ. I don't even know what they are looking for in this Lagos. If they are on the road,they will block our roads thereby causing serious traffic and we will not get home until late in the night. Let them face their ABUJA and leave our Lagos for us o. For me o, am tired of this present govt ah ah, wetin sef?
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Pataki: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
Something is still very fishy, and I am not one to believe this useless deceitful government led by the retardeen himself.

Why would Dame the retardeness leave for Abuja so quietly and hurriedly on Monday, at the same time her husband retardeen was coming to Lagos in the face of a national disaster?

Lies are being spewed here, and unfortunately for this government, you need one lie to cover another! Sooner or later, the truth will be known, and the blood of the innocents sacrificed from that plane crash will speak out!
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Rad1cal: 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
Pataki: Something is still very fishy, and I am not one to believe this useless deceitful government led by the retardeen himself.

Why would Dame the retardeness leave for Abuja so quietly and hurriedly on Monday, at the same time her husband retardeen was coming to Lagos in the face of a national disaster?

Lies are being spewed here, and unfortunately for this government, you need one lie to cover another! Sooner or later, the truth will be known, and the blood of the innocents sacrificed from that plane crash will speak out!

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRChku4osWxsrmEkQ502rry_KtFaw_MTbHSd7lKhxJTRL3Jvvt5-0ttIkE[/img]

[size=14pt]Foooooool[/size]
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Martins02(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
lastpage: So they even shut down our airspace completely, just for themselves! shocked shocked
Imagine if a plane was in distress during that time!

The same stewpid and crazily selfish they behavior they exhibit on our roads (e.g, closing the Third Mainland Bridge for almost six hours, just because the "President or VeePee" is passing that road on his way to the airport!), has now been extended to our airspace!

Lord have mercy, what next will they shut down for their own selfish reasons? NEPA? WATER? ALL HOSPITALS or even ALL MARKETS!
Clowns in Govt houses!
Mtcheeew

Lastpage!
mtcheew
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Abali1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
vicoloni: I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE REPORT ON THE BLACK BOX OF THE CRASHED PLANE BEING FLOWN TO USA OR UK WILL NEVER BE MADE PUBLIC!

This is my thoughts exactly. If there is an iota of truth in thiss allegation ala rumour, then the FG will pay any price to make sure the truth does not see the light of day.
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by RoyalRoy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
Basic: Even if that was the case, do you expect anyone to say that was true?
Or can anyone explain why a plane should hover aimlessly in air for over an hour when the airport is just a few minutes distance away?
I still suspect something...
She could easily have postponed her flight till Monday when she heard that the airspace closure enforced in her favour had caused a crash. She may have postponed her trip to avoid suspicion.
This is just a suspicious thought, it may not be true afterall. Let no one quote me!
. On point.
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by AnotherOkija: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
uhonmora:

Can you stop spreading false information please? I live close to the site of the crash and it happened about 3:45pm.

Nwokem... Read the article on page one that started this Thread.. I am only quoting.. I am in Canada and dont even know anything about the crash except what Nairaland and the news networks give me..

So explain that strange 1 hour and 5mins interval between the pilots Mayday call and the eventual crash?!
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by nsiadi: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
1/2 education is really dangerous
Y speculate when d black box will reveal all details
V soon we will start hearing that the black box has been bombed

What happened to probe reports of Belview & Sosoliso crashes
V soon they will claim that Patience is with holding them
Many people are sick. We behave like women in labour
Once the pain is over we start planning for the nxt

Even the senate & her over sight functions----
How many times have they tried to confirm exactness in execution of regulatory authorities?
The president, they will claim, has caged them
They are already asking Oduah to step aside!
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by jmaine: 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
Another Okija:

Nwokem... Read the article on page one that started this Thread.. I am only quoting.. I am in Canada and dont even know anything about the crash except what Nairaland and the news networks give me..

So explain that strange 1 hour and 5mins interval between the pilots Mayday call and the eventual crash?!

Bros, the plane crashed a few minutes to 4pm . .so let's agree the typo error misled you
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Basic(m): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
oddy4real: Choi. Nigerians and flawed logic. According to reports, the pilot sent a distress call of "mayday mayday mayday" and then lost touch with the tower's radar. This has nothing to due to VIP movements or shutting of the airport for the first lady. Many of u should be ashamed for playing politics and trying to score cheap political points with the death of hundreds of people.
Were you inside the plane? Were you there when he sent the distress calls? Or must you believe all that the media tells you?

Foolish is the man who does not read newspapers. Even more foolish is the man who believes everything he reads in newspapers - August von Schlozer
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Callimo(m): 12:20am On Jun 07, 2012
GP15: If Patience was in Lagos over d wkend nd left only on Monday, u kinda wonder wat her reaction was afta d crash. She flew out of Lagos on Monday? A day after d crash? About the same time her husband was visiting the site? Sumtin stinks!

I kinda follow ur thoth. If the 1st lady was in Lagos till after the clash, she is very unlikely to fly bak to Abj that same day if she claims to be a mama for Nigerians.
It's very much possible the airport was short down for her departure; unfortunately d crash came b4 she got to the airport.

On the other hand, I see some truth in this rumour, haven got the wind from a very senior insider in the Aviation ministry on the very day (Sunday) the plane crashed. There is truth inthere guys.
The minister should have gone by now.
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by AnotherOkija: 12:39am On Jun 07, 2012
THis story is sheer propaganda to make Madam Jonathan look bad....

Even if she was in the air and a Mayday call comes in from an aircraft, they would abort landing for her craft and give priority to the distressed plane.. This is a law thats set in stone the world over...
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by rextermail: 6:35am On Jun 07, 2012
To be frank I have been in situation where the airspace was shut becos of one VIP both with me being in the ground and being airborne which I must say is wrong y shut the airspace for more than 5min well back to the main issue on ground the stories that started was to my own understanding sponsored by the mgt of Dana air in order to shift blame from them to other persons but thank God for facts on ground the truth is out abeg for this single act alone let them be jailed now before they have time to tamper with the report o I forgot they have already done so by paying millions to the ACIB people that even after how many days now they can't tell us what actually coursed the flight to Crash see I stand on the grounds that heads must roll this is not a fight for personal reason becos I don't know any of the victims personally but becos am a frequent flyer so all these rubbish will stop let's not also forget that its this month that the consumer protection right in aviation is suppose to come into full action abeg empower us so we can start making money off these airlines
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Basic(m): 6:48am On Jun 07, 2012
Dede1: If there are two functional airports in Lagos metropolis, the DANA flights should not have been allowed to hover for 50 minutes when the Pilot has sent a distress call to the tower. If the Ikeja terminal is shut down because of First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, was MMA also out of bounds for a plane in peril of crashing? It is very asinine to pin the blame of DANA flight crash on Dame Patience Jonathan.

For sake of playing to the gallery of fools, if the Lagos State airspace (bear in mind the Lagos State does not have airspace) was out of bound to flights due to presence of First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan, is Ogun, or Oyo State airport also out of bound to incoming flights? What stopped the moronic dingbats who manage the control towers in Nigeria from sending a perilous plane to Abeokuta airport or the airport in Ibadan?
Mr Ignoramus, did you mean the airport YOU built in Abeokuta?
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Basic(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2012
slimming: some people never tired of roping madam Jonathan into any case.
Into how many cases has your aunty been roped? Now, start counting!
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by HOTWATER(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2012
at times i wonder what kind of peopel Nigerians are . the only people in the world that wants enjoyment without sacrifice . How come the Plane left Abuja around 2:45 to lagos and somebody is here opening his wild mouth to say that the plane hovered around for One Hour in lagos and crashed around 3:45 . that means the Journey from Abuja to Lagos took less than one minute . It is very easy to blame the government for all our problems . what has happend during GEJ time that has not happened before . Since the coming of GEJ , this country has never witnessed Fuel scarcity , the popular ORE road has been fixed , Electricity has improved compared to what we use to have before inspite of the fact that KAMJI DAM is down . At least we all are hoping that if GEJ does not do well , we will vote him out . in the past we did not have such hopes as (S)election were concluded long before they are started . some airports are currently undergoing reconstruction . GEJ may have his peculiar problems , but remember he is a Nigerian politician and not an Angel sent from heaven . We all sit in our different homes comitting all manner of crimes ranging from , Short changing PHCN , Offering and taking bribes , cutting corners and expect miracle to happen . I know of a woman who could not allow a particular guy marry her daughter , but the boy left for abroad and came back after six months with so much money , the woman was spotted opening the gate for the same guy she refused six moths ago . Our value system is really messed up . and until this little things are corrected in our societies , we may not move forward as a nation . Our Leaders come from within us , Imagine what you have told that your uncle that served the Govt and came back with nothing, just because he refused to Loot the nation . Until we begin to take care of small things , they big ones will never get fixed . All i hear is complain without any suggestion of moving forward. Imagine what could have happend to this Nation if not because of GEJ calculated response to Aondoaka and co when Yar'dua was sick . A power drunk Politician would have thrown this nation into civil war . I leave you guys with Just one question . Who is the saint that will take over from GEJ ? long live Nigeria , Long Live GEJ

1 Like

Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by Aryyor: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2012
HOTWATER:
at times i wonder what kind of peopel Nigerians are . the only people in the world that wants enjoyment without sacrifice . How come the Plane left Abuja around 2:45 to lagos and somebody is here opening his wild mouth to say that the plane hovered around for One Hour in lagos and crashed around 3:45 . that means the Journey from Abuja to Lagos took less than one minute . It is very easy to blame the government for all our problems . what has happend during GEJ time that has not happened before . Since the coming of GEJ , this country has never witnessed Fuel scarcity , the popular ORE road has been fixed , Electricity has improved compared to what we use to have before inspite of the fact that KAMJI DAM is down . At least we all are hoping that if GEJ does not do well , we will vote him out . in the past we did not have such hopes as (S)election were concluded long before they are started . some airports are currently undergoing reconstruction . GEJ may have his peculiar problems , but remember he is a Nigerian politician and not an Angel sent from heaven . We all sit in our different homes comitting all manner of crimes ranging from , Short changing PHCN , Offering and taking bribes , cutting corners and expect miracle to happen . I know of a woman who could not allow a particular guy marry her daughter , but the boy left for abroad and came back after six months with so much money , the woman was spotted opening the gate for the same guy she refused six moths ago . Our value system is really messed up . and until this little things are corrected in our societies , we may not move forward as a nation . Our Leaders come from within us , Imagine what you have told that your uncle that served the Govt and came back with nothing, just because he refused to Loot the nation . Until we begin to take care of small things , they big ones will never get fixed . All i hear is complain without any suggestion of moving forward. Imagine what could have happend to this Nation if not because of GEJ calculated response to Aondoaka and co when Yar'dua was sick . A power drunk Politician would have thrown this nation into civil war . I leave you guys with Just one question . Who is the saint that will take over from GEJ ? long live Nigeria , Long Live GEJ

Very sensible post even while doing the hardest job on this forum - defending GEJ. Bros, the cronies like BEAF, LeoMax and their ilk will do well to learn from you.
Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by CHARLOE(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2012
Still trying to reconcile dis piece of info to what i saw dat day. I stay @ iju-ishaga, and on my way back frm church around som mins to 4, i was @ d ishaga round-about when we noticed a large aircraft, brown/green in color, like a military aircraft. flying very low and slow, almost motionless. we got home few mins later only to hear about d crash.
my initial tots went to d aircraft we saw, but dat was not d direction of d crash. immediately i & my bro rushed out running towards d direction of d crash (my house is about half a km frm d crash site). i ran back in to pick up my camera hoping to take some shots (dis was around few mins past 4. coming out to agbado rd there was a large crowd running towards d crash site, i joined in and when we got there,there were thousands of people all around.
was surprised to see some guys carrying parts of cow (leg, liver etc) coming out ( heard d plane cut down a big mango tree which fell on 2 cows som fulani were rearing nearby) was almost discouraged by d crowd but was determined to get those shots, had to push and shove my way thru to get close, took som shots but was not close enough so decided to get very close. had to climb d rubbles of d uncompleted building it crashed into to get better shots (very risky cos of d crowd and also fearing there might be an explosion) finally got there but cldn't take d shots cos of d fumes and smoke , cldn't open my eye or breathe properly, had to scamper down, disappointed.
my question now is 1.why was d large aircraft we saw initially, flying so low and slowly? was it hovering? 2. like pple have been asking, why did dame patience leave on monday, a day after d crash and when her hubby was going to d scene of d crash? questions and more ques.
my tots: d plane was in distress but cld not get clearance to land cosof d vip passage.

Re: Airspace Not Shut Down For First Lady, Says Minister by talkingfingers: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
EUREKA!!

GP15: Come to tink of it, Something doesn't add up. That woman (Dame) went everywhere with Jonathan during the campaigns and after. Why would she den hurriedly leave on Monday when he was visiting the crash site? Didn't they visit hospitalized victims of the Abuja blasts together? According to her media aide, she left Lagos at exactly 1:15pm on Monday. Jonathan had already arrived Lagos at the time to visit the crash site. And we are to believe she left just like that? Without visiting the site? Something is CERTAINLY NOT RIGHT here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant / Are You Preparing how to be living from September 2015 / Imo: "My Successor Has Nothing To Do" – Rochas Okorocha Brags(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.