Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) (11170 Views)

Could This Be True About Ojukwu In Abidjan / Gowon: Ojukwu Misinformed Nigerians On Aburi / Describe Ojukwu In One Word. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by lagcity(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind: no Yoruba?
irrelevant set of human beings

When two regions were beating drums of war, Yoruba stayed away, you cried wolf. When Yoruba warned their Eastern brothers to calm down and use their heads, you cried wolf. When Yoruba joined the civil war, you cried wolf. What exactly do you want Yoruba to do? Why are you so bitter against Yoruba? Did Yoruba impregnate your slutty mother and abandoned her? tongue You have schizophrenia I swear grin grin
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
ayo011: Ojukwu the man I respect so much, the man who saw he the future of Nigeria. If our foolish and myopic politicians had followed what Ojukwu said 40year ago Nigeria would have been a better place, BH would not be there, marginalization would not be there and all.

U assume a lot! typical of most fellow Nigerians. You think everything about the world is all smooth/friction-less??
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Akiika: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ojukwu, a rare brave Nigerian. May your soul rest in peace. It is our timidity and greed that has remained the bane to our existence.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind: no Yoruba?
irrelevant set of human beings

OKORO, you obviously don't know your place!
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by egoldman(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
What i could see from that video is that ojukwu didn't trust anyone there , be it Gowon or the their Ghanaian host.
He looked more calculative their if you ask me .
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by miky(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ojukwu looked scared to me, almost as if he was afraid of his shadow.. Gowon obviously playing to the gallery, showing what a good statesman he is for bringing a rebel on an official trip... one thing for sure is that ojukwu would have been eternally grateful for gowon not killing him right after the war on charges of treason!!! So today me and fellow Biafran comrades can enjoy this rare historical glimpse of our hero!!!
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
egoldman: What i could see from that video is that ojukwu didn't trust anyone there , be it Gowon or the their Ghanaian host.
He looked more calculative their if you ask me .

^^^I agree!!! Ojukwu looked businesslike and seemed wary of the people he was meeting with; Gowon on the other hand looked like he was having a good time, but the laughter could have been to cover up his nervousness as Ojukwu did look a bit intimidating.

I believe Gowon was there more in the capacity of an errand boy of the 'proper' owners of Nigeria, and -from the little i know of him and the events preceeding the civil war- if the buck stopped at his table and he didn't have to answer to anyone else concerning the decisions he made, then the war most certainly would have been averted: he had his thinking/moral cap on in Aburi that's why he rightly agreed to the final outcome of the meeting, only to change tune when he got back home and conferred with his ogas.

The problem that led to the rejection of the Aburi accord, and commencement of the civil war; the problem that has led to us being where we are today can be summed up in these words: the [b]HAUSA/FULANI [/b]ruling class and their sense of entitlement that saw them determined to ensure the Igbo (their main stumbling block to achieving absolute power) were subjugated at all costs. The peace and progress of Nigeria, and enthronement of fairness and a sense of belonging for all groups was the last thing on their agenda; rather they were more interested in the pre-eminent status of the [b]HAUSA/FULANI [/b]elite in Nigerias' political-economy, and that for them was the end-game. Sadly, they had willing support/cheerleaders from other peoples/groups that should have known better.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
miky: Ojukwu looked scared to me, almost as if he was afraid of his shadow.. Gowon obviously playing to the gallery, showing what a good statesman he is for bringing a rebel on an official trip... one thing for sure is that ojukwu would have been eternally grateful for gowon not killing him right after the war on charges of treason!!! So today me and fellow Biafran comrades can enjoy this rare historical glimpse of our hero!!!

^^^I've seen through you mate. Your sarcasm stinks from miles away.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by comradefery: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
ismhab:
Ojukwu will never be happy where ever he is.
what else can you say?
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by igboboy1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
emmke: Gowon better looking than Ojukwu... cool

i knew u always liked yansh,,,ngwanu bend over let pretty boy gowon give u some abuna for ime ike gi....
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by nagoma(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
Smoking is not only a bad habit but ensures that you die before your enemy. Ojuwu unkempt as always.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by nagoma(m): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Chinom: Ojukwu makes Gowon look like a riff-raff. A mai-guard in suit . Igbos have always had swaggar. Funny enough Nigerians are now requesting for all the things Ojukwu asked for then. He saw the future.

The war did not kill him. The cigaret did. He asked for it. Really saw the future.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Ojiofor: 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2012
General Ojukwu was no fool, he knew he was dinning with an enemy he was not deceived nor excited by those fake azz laughs from someone who conspired and murdered his supreme commander.RIP my leader your legacy lives on.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Ojiofor: 12:39am On Jun 08, 2012
Y una remove my post NDI ARA
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by SNCOQ3(m): 6:07am On Jun 08, 2012
Ojukwu cuts the image of a man who is principled, sober and stoic - A man who can endure a lot of pain with quiet dignity.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by otondo55: 6:56am On Jun 08, 2012
Ojukwu remainth a man with honour and dignity.
His calmness and calculated moves, a true leader who saw tomorrow.
The errand boy/ naija prayer warrior Gowon, was uneasy and cover-up laughing-jackers.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by OneNaira6: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2012
otondo55:
[b]Ojukwu remainth a man with honour and dignity.
His calmness and calculated moves, a true leader who saw tomorrow.

He did see tomorrow. It's a shame he's gone

Ojukwu RIP.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by PhysicsQED(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2012
I still can't fathom how a clause introducing a claim that secession is ruled out as a possibility and a clause claiming (correctly) that any region can be subordinated (for example, the northern region) to the will of the other three regions that happen to agree to oppose whatever improper actions the fourth is taking could have been the immediate basis (of course the killings in the north were an enormous factor) for anything that followed. Decrees, accords, and constitutions can be renegotiated and changed later on if they don't suit both parties. It's a tragedy of course, but one that's never made much sense from a purely logical standpoint.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by emmke(m): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2012
igbo boy:

i knew u always liked yansh,,,ngwanu bend over let pretty boy gowon give u some abuna for ime ike gi....
doesn't change the fact that Gowon is more handsome than your warlord. I don't do bend overs. Do u?
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by jaybee(f): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2012
waja: Ojukwu was the superman.

hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Chinom(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2012
nagoma:

The war did not kill him. The cigaret did. He asked for it. Really saw the future.

I would pick up a cigarette right now if i know that i will live to be 78 years like Ojukwu did. He simply died of Old age.
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by BlackPikiN(m): 4:31am On Jun 09, 2012
^^^^lol
Re: Gowon & Ojukwu In Aburi (video) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP / Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa / Why Are South-East Governors Afraid To Criticize Buhari??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.