Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. (1572 Views)

T's Garage (landrover And Cars) / V6 Freelander And Head Gasket / Camry Engine For My Freelander 1999 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by Dalvic(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2012
I all,
Can anyone give concise advice on the above. I read from auto review that this car give over heating problem. Some other said it gives electrical problem of fuel pump issue and that the cost of maintenance is too high.Anybody in the house to say some real fact about using this car in Nigeria. I appreciate.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by Dalvic(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
Still waiting for your comment.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by Dalvic(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Guys haba!!! someone should say something on this.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by zoomzu(f): 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
@Dalvic, I too love the Freelander but a friend advised me not to go near it that it used to have Brain box problem but sincerely speaking, I like the outlook of the Jeep. I wish to have it one day if at all, I am to use it for a year of spare car.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by brabus(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2012
^^^They are telling you the obvious truth. But there's a way round it now, you can now use a toyota engine and gear in the freelander.

I'm presently doing that.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by sultaan(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
Don't touch it, if the people in US say its bad, trust me it will be worse in Naija
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by sexylogan(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2012
brabus: ^^^They are telling you the obvious truth. But there's a way round it now, you can now use a toyota engine and gear in the freelander.

I'm presently doing that.

Very innovative. I thot of that some yrs bak but never went thru with it. Was it a Rav4 engine y°u used? Wat year model is Yøur freelander? How long hav y°u used it with the toyota engine and any problems so far? I'm guessing that the engine and gear change was done in nigeria.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by jeffizy(m): 9:25am On Jun 10, 2012
The car is a no go area for a faint hearted man. I Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ a friend who drives one. It has continuous fuel pump problem...he changed the engine twice before having to opt for a third engine which is a toyota camry 99 model along with the gear. It was initially slow at first but after a month it finally gelled. Its very expensive to maintain. Do you know how much its bumper trafficator costs? Hmmm, if you Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ a better option choose somthing else. Thank God for delaying my blessing for 6 months. I could Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ been in the same hell with my friend.
Re: 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. by Dalvic(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thanks very much all, i appreciate your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

My 2003 Highlander Makes A Groaning Sound When Moving In Traffic / 2005 Vision Mack Truck For SALE / Drivers Beware! Horses On Lekki Epe Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.