Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers (9736 Views)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Kano Bomb Blast, Share Pic Of The Bomber / Boko Haram Claims Life Of Another Young Soldier (photo) / Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by LocalChamp: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-Police DIG In Kano, 50 Soldiers In Maiduguri
Posted: June 7, 2012 - 12:42
Posted by siteadmin

caption: Boko Haram
By Saharareporters, New York
Northern Nigeria based Islamist militant sect Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the murder of former Deputy Inspector General of Police DIG Abubakar Saleh Ningi in Kano on Tuesday.

The past DIG who retired recently was gunned down along with his driver and a police orderly on his way from his farm on Tuesday.

The sect stated in a statement written in Hausa today in Maiduguri it was happy killing the top retired cop, and bragged that very soon all top government officials will be targeted the same way as they will have no hiding place.

The statement also claimed that contrary to the Joint Task Force (JTF) recent declaration that it has killed 16 of their members, only one was killed.
The sect claimed to have killed about 50 soldiers in a recent encounter in Maiduguri.

“And only one of our brothers was martyred. As a result, it was only this morning that they (JTF) came to pick up the dead bodies of their colleagues and as usual started torching the houses of innocent people out of vengeance. We urge the people of Maiduguri city and other towns to exercise patience because very soon, God willing, we will flush out these forces of unbelief and establish the Islamic Sharia system where justice will reign.”, the statement concluded.

Calls made to the JTF spokesperson Lt.Col. Sagir Musa to react to the statement were not returned.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-claims-responsibility-killing-ex-police-dig-kano-50-soldiers-maiduguri
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
The sect stated in a statement written in Hausa today in Maiduguri it was happy killing the top retired cop, and bragged that very soon all top government officials will be targeted the same way as they will have no hiding place.
The good people of Nigeria hope you achieve this...

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by fubbyy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
This people are really a bif threat to this nation,they appear so unstoppable
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by PBeni(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
This guys can't do a thing, they're just a bunch of brainwashed ,illitrate, well, almost illitrate braggarts; they're soon going to be wiped off from the surface of the map. Bloody Bokos!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by sadyeek(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
[size=16pt]I only wonder what this people fight for, its not islam.[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by maigaskiya1: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
LocalChamp: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-Police DIG In Kano, 50 Soldiers In Maiduguri
Posted: June 7, 2012 - 12:42
Posted by siteadmin

caption: Boko Haram
By Saharareporters, New York
Northern Nigeria based Islamist militant sect Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the murder of former Deputy Inspector General of Police DIG Abubakar Saleh Ningi in Kano on Tuesday.

The past DIG who retired recently was gunned down along with his driver and a police orderly on his way from his farm on Tuesday.

The statement also claimed that contrary to the Joint Task Force (JTF) recent declaration that it has killed 16 of their members, only one was killed.
The sect claimed to have killed about 50 soldiers in a recent encounter in Maiduguri.

“And only one of our brothers was martyred. As a result, it was only this morning that they (JTF) came to pick up the dead bodies of their colleagues and as usual started torching the houses of innocent people out of vengeance. We urge the people of Maiduguri city and other towns to exercise patience because very soon, God willing, we will flush out these forces of unbelief and establish the Islamic Sharia system where justice will reign.”, the statement concluded.

Calls made to the JTF spokesperson Lt.Col. Sagir Musa to react to the statement were not returned.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-claims-responsibility-killing-ex-police-dig-kano-50-soldiers-maiduguri
ds a lesson 2d our security operatives 2 fist of all fish out d double agents in there midst or else d lions they rare as pet 2dm whl surely trun out 2be dia predators 2mro.hw did they gues acurately d movement of d dig.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by ikee(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
What is Nigeria turning Into? Allegations and counter allegations. Wonder what these people are trying to achieve by killing their fellow human.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by niddamugu(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2012

musKeeto:

If you achieve this, then you have achieved something. Please stop killing innocent lives in this beloved country.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
To me, this is just a way to encourage theirselves. If actually they are winning the war as they claim y have they not taken over the street of maiduguri instead of this hit and run approach

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by ikee(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
P Beni: This guys can't do a thing, they're just a bunch of brainwashed ,illitrate, well, almost illitrate braggarts; they're soon going to be wiped off from the surface of the map. Bloody Bokos!
When they are already doing a lot of things, killing, kidnaping and bombing many places and still threatening. Hope you are in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by philip0906(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
P Beni: This guys can't do a thing, they're just a bunch of brainwashed ,illitrate, well, almost illitrate braggarts; they're soon going to be wiped off from the surface of the map. Bloody Bokos!
sorry,by who?
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by PBeni(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
ikee: When they are already doing a lot of things, killing, kidnaping and bombing many places and still threatening. Hope you are in Nigeria
Easy punk, what i meant was the line they said that they were gonna impose the sharia system on nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by PBeni(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2012
philip0906:
sorry,by who?
You wanna know who? ME!
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by maigaskiya1: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
It hs gone beyound reasonable doubt dat d whole idea of dis bh is a grand conspiracy aganst ds gov nd we nijerans hav nt been audable enuf 2 tel ds northan mad dogs 2dia senses.just becos we re blinded in hate,d northan elders hav nt ben sincer in copoeratng wit d gov 2 bring 2 an end ds madnes d way gudluk nd nija delta elders asistd yardua 2 achieve peace in dat region.nw d big questn is what do u tnk wil be d reactn of nija deltans if an hausa mistakenly coms 2 power.becos no region in nija hs monopoly 2 voilence
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by olapluto(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ok call me crazy, but I do not believe this BH statement. How on earth is it possible to kill 50 trained soldiers in a day using AK-47? and they lost just 1 fighter. Seriously? Soldiers with bullet proofs and Armoured tanks? 50 just like that? 1,2,3,4......50?
Abu Qaqa was a better spox indeed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
musKeeto:

Achieve what?

You are simply singing their praises because they mention government officials?
Well, today it is government officials, morrow, it will be all all "infidels".

Any day, any time, and you can quote me:

I can cope with a corrupt government official than a misguided and deluded extremist whose primitive tendencies is unleashed by inspiration from some satanic verses found in a "holy" acclaimed to have been sent from heaven.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by teskyg: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
yeah.And some Northern Idiots called Elders went to Aso Rock and the only message they passed to GEJ was Extra Judicial murder by JTF.

Where are the Idiots advocating for dialogue,Amhed Datti and other Islamic Bigots?Am yet we hear Islam means peace.

I refused to be swayed along the group of thought that say Boko haram is PDP.Opposition politicians comprises mainly of Muslims are making us reason along that line why to prove they can do better while their Agents are busy destroying Christains in their domain.

I pity the masses down there in the North who think Boko Haram should continue to strike inorder to get them back to power.The North Economic has been sent ten years backward.I only hope they know the implication.They will have noting to feed on if this Country breaks.Maybe they will get grants from Iran and Yemen.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by fubbyy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2012

Soon like when? its over 2 years now and you are saying soon, we need result not promise and hope.. Go tell ya shoeless president

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by humblebee: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
waiting for the end of june
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by emsquare(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
Well said!

teskyg: yeah.And some Northern Idiots called Elders went to Aso Rock and the only message they passed to GEJ was Extra Judicial murder by JTF.

Where are the Idiots advocating for dialogue,Amhed Datti and other Islamic Bigots?Am yet we hear Islam means peace.

I refused to be swayed along the group of thought that say Boko haram is PDP.Opposition politicians comprises mainly of Muslims are making us reason along that line why to prove they can do better while their Agents are busy destroying Christains in their domain.

I pity the masses down there in the North who think Boko Haram should continue to strike inorder to get them back to power.The North Economic has been sent ten years backward.I only hope they know the implication.They will have noting to feed on if this Country breaks.Maybe they will get grants from Iran and Yemen.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by slimchimex(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
ndi ara....mumu
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
noblezone:

Achieve what?

You are simply singing their praises because they mention government officials?
Well, today it is government officials, morrow, it will be all all "infidels".

Any day, any time, and you can quote me:

[b]I can cope with a corrupt government official than a misguided and deluded extremist w[/b]hose primitive tendencies is unleashed by inspiration from some satanic verses found in a "holy" acclaimed to have been sent from heaven.

I don't care about your religious beliefs. But as long as corrupt governments rule, Boko Haram, Mend, Kidnappers will continually spawn...
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
2013: i guess u are as corrupt as the Government officials...dumb post
lol, i resemble your papa...
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by BlueMurder(m): 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
teskyg: yeah.And some Northern Idiots called Elders went to Aso Rock and the only message they passed to GEJ was Extra Judicial murder by JTF.

Listen to your bigoted self. Was the slain retired DIG a christian?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
Boko Haram are just being used for political disruption in the country by useless politicians.
It is only using religion to cover up its atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Chanchit: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
They don't even know what they are fighting for, this fools are just northern hired killers...
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by niddamugu(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ozedy: To me, this is just a way to encourage theirselves. If actually they are winning the war as they claim y have they not taken over the street of maiduguri instead of this hit and run approach

Go to Maiduguri and find out things for yourself........ undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Spirit96(m): 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
BOKO HARAM IS EMPTY VESSEL MAKING D LOUDEST LIE. BOKO KILLED 50 SLDRS? BIG LIE! WHY ARE THEY INDULGING IN FACELESS GUERRILLA FIGHTING, SECRETLY PLANTING BOMBS, SHOOTING N KILLING INNOCENT WORSHIPPERS? IF NOT 4 FEAR, WHY CAN'T THEY COME OUT N FACE D SECURITY FORCES CONVENTIONALLY? THERE STORY WOULD HV BN STH OF D PAST IF NOT 4 D UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS IN GEJ GOV'T THAT ARE FUSTRATING D EFFORT OF D SECURITY FORCES. BUT I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT DIS MADNESS WILLL SOON BE OVER.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by wolexter(m): 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
Truth b told- northern elders n leaders av done little or nothing 2 arrest dis ugly situation. Dey av merely bin paying lip service 2 d whole issue!.Dis development only lends credence 2 d fact dat some powerful ppl in d north who nvr approved of GEJ's ambition 2 become d president in d 1st place r hell bent on frustrating his administration.

But wat baffles me is dat 2 or so yrs down d line we r yet 2 apprehend d sponsors of BH jst as we av always failed 2 apprehend assassins in our midst. Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Dipo Dina's killers av still not been found!

God help Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by amosy007: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
We urge the
people of Maiduguri city and
other towns to exercise
patience because very soon,
God willing, we will flush out
these forces of unbelief and
establish the Islamic Sharia
system where justice will
reign.”, the statement
concluded.
[size=15pt]ISLAM(A)BAD[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Killing Ex-police DIG & 50 Soldiers by Godjone(m): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2012
I beliv d govt is not oblivion abt dis one? Henceforth, no idiot shud mention anytin dialogue wit dis ppl (bh). D govt of dr gudluk jonatan shud muster enof courage and go after dis ppl. Al govt mecenaries and aparatus shud be put in place so as 2 make dis vampires surender 2 superior faya power. Mr president shud put 2 use d title of C n C bestowed on him by 9jirians. Gej shud take a clue 4rm how fomer president obasanjo deals wit his kinsmen in odi bayelsa state and d genocide in Zakibiam benue state. D general mass masacre of dis two communities was responsible 4 d peace dey r enjoying till date. Dsame shud be applied 2 all d boko infested areas. May God help Gej

(1) (2) (Reply)

60 Lieutenants Arrested Over Promotional Exams Malpractice / APGA Never Endorsed Buhari, Maintains Strong Alliance With Jonathan / Oshiomole's P.A Murder: Environmentalist Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.