Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus (14607 Views)

Voluntary Forum Moderator Needed; If interested, come and apply for it / Forum Moderator Wanted / Vacancy For Forum Moderator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Why not empower existing mods with abilities to deal with spam? giving them power to filter, ban and block users with at least 5 "report" history?

You can as well share the "pay" with all your existing mods (those who would like to get from the pay).

Just my opinion sha.

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Bontee: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2012
Waoh a lot of things are coming into light with this posts and i have been saying it for a long time, you have to pay all your mods to move nairaland forward. The job of a nairaland mod has outgrown the need for people to do it for the love of it while your earn all the money because no one is a fool anymore.

So existing mods still do not have the rights to ban posters?, i feel nairaland has been moderated from a top-down approach process and not the other way round. There should have been adequate discussion with the moderators before coming to make this thread, you cannot pay some and leave some. It is setting a bad precedent and showing lack of appreciation for the contribution they make. No forum is bigger than its moderators, users and partners so i think using the existing mods for this would have been better while making three to five members super mods.

3 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by emsquare(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2012
2buff: Seun Bros, Nice to see you are sharing some of that NL money in constructive ways.

LOL!
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by honeric01(m): 9:20am On Jun 08, 2012
Bontee: Waoh a lot of things are coming into light with this posts and i have been saying it for a long time, you have to pay all your mods to move nairaland forward. The job of a nairaland mod has outgrown the need for people to do it for the love of it while your earn all the money because no one is a fool anymore.

So existing mods still do not have the rights to ban posters?, i feel nairaland has been moderated from a top-down approach process and not the other way round. There should have been adequate discussion with the moderators before coming to make this thread, you cannot pay some and leave some. It is setting a bad precedent and showing lack of appreciation for the contribution they make. No forum is bigger than its moderators, users and partners so i think using the existing mods for this would have been better while making three to five members super mods.

I think we can now ban because i can always see the "button" there.

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by emsquare(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2012
pc guru: ^ you forgot to mention beaf too angry

Hehehehe
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Lexusgs430: 9:29am On Jun 08, 2012
As a Qualified Networks Systems Administrator, although based in the UK, I will do this job free. I promise to keep NL free from all spams and multi- posts.
I will make NL a place of repute.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by winexviv: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2012
This is how scam will be totally eliminated.
1. Constantly monitoring users registeration, ip and also using Anonymous IP decorder to get real users exact IP.
2. Delete suspected post regarding drugs and pharmaceuticals, abuses and odd topics
3. Create a group where suspected spam users will be reported and investigated.

With these and more strategies i will eliminate spam for a great extent.

Regards
Alex

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by netghost: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2012
@seun.. send me your phone number, so i can send my account number to you ... after payment has been made and confirmed, then i can consider applying smiley

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2012
netghost: @seun.. send me your phone number, so i can send my account number to you ... after payment has been made and confirmed, then i can consider applying smiley

Averagely,he should be able to pay the cleaning mod $1500.Anything beside that is a ripoff !

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by denzel2009: 10:13am On Jun 08, 2012
Seun pick me please. I have HND in SPAM management focus from Ibadan Poly.

When SPAMS see me they go into spasm. Can I post my account number for my salary?
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by mrman2(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2012
ChiiDollars: grin grin grin GET ALL YOU WANT ABOUT MOBILE RicheS@ grin grin grin
if i am i charge, this post would not spend 5minutes on this thread.
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by snthesis(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2012
na wa o- hope we the moderators get our own pay too o
wat is good for the lepa is also good for the orobogrin

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 08, 2012
denzel2009: Seun pick me please. I have HND in SPAM management from Ibadan Poly.

When SPAMS see me they go into spasm. cheesy Can I post my account number for my salary?

Lmao @ Spam management. . . .funny guy ! grin
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Brite02(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2012
mr_man: if i am i charge, this post would not spend 5minutes on this thread.
well talk is cheap. action speaks loudest.

Anyways seun am interested about this offer. I will like to know more about this job. have got no cert related on computer stuff but sure I can moderate
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Slyr0x: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2012
denzel2009: Seun pick me please. I have HND in SPAM management from Ibadan Poly.

When SPAMS see me they go into spasm. Can I post my account number for my salary?

LMAOOOOOO. . .CLOWN!
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by dagreen14: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2012
dmainboss: @Seun

I am interested in the job and here's my solution:

First the manual way: I will setup a report address or similar (if that doesn't already exist) where users can report spam posts from any section. I will monitor these reports and take appropriate action based on what Nairaland considers as spam. I will do this routine say like every hour or more for all threads with priority given to front page threads.

Based on the above, I will monitor the user names and possibly IPs of offenders and keep a list of such and use that to prioritize future spam considerations. E.g. By keeping the number of times a user has been reported by other users and the number of times a user has been banned, those with higher ban rates can appear in a special cases list. This list can facilitate fast monitoring and filtering of spam.

Next is the automated way: This will require some programming and I would go about it as a project within a specific time frame. I did a spam filter for a cybercafe timer/proxy some years back, so I have real experience with that. I can give more details of that privately.
I will, for example, develop a filter script that will study patterns of spamming and use those patterns to filter the posts and suggest possible spam. These posts can then be reviewed and checked for spam. The script will also be used to do a delayed posts condition for known spammers. With that I mean a situation where a known or suspected spammer's post is delayed for say 10mins or more before it appears on the thread. I have seen this used in many forums, especially those of media organisations. But in this case, the posts will be delayed while a notification is sent to the admin, i.e. me, for consideration and necessary action. This will only apply to "known or suspected spammers" or to posts that are highly suspicious.

These are a few suggestions on how I will handle the spam issue if I get the job.

Regards

I think you should be considered for the post
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by chillaz(f): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2012
Excelboi: Seun,
As a pioneer member, am ready to take up the job of the moderator for dealing with spammers. Sections such as Business,properties,travel and education have high spam result but will moderate all and most spammers when banned will come out with another new I'd which users with different I'd and similar post will be banned and IP restricted.

(1)8-10 hours is quite sifficient, I can also devote extra unofficial hour(s) were needed. The hours will be divided in hrs: morning,afternoon and Night, with an hour interval.

(2)Also seun, you could play a part in supporting the about to be moderator. From look of things, spammers usually use signature link to promote their spamming activities. I will suggest you limit this by allowing new members unable to put any url link until they have certain post about so as to weed out legit and fake members.

(3)There are two types of spammers, Bot and human, as for the both, I will siuggest you write or engage a programmer to write a software to combat this, and as for human spammers, a report button should be provided for members to report such people and also the moderator will conduct a routine in the specified hrs the way it suit him.
(4)Will stop here, but promise I can do the job efficiently.... Choose wise and not wide!!!

Thanks
MM a.k.a Excelboi
seun, this user qualify for the postz, i will advise you choose both Excelboi and dmainboss, they will make a perfect combo @ I as a female, am also interested, cheerz

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Maleeq(m): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2012

lol....
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by snthesis(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2012

Seun, forget this guy- i have a BSC in SPAM and Troll Management from MAUL cool
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by pwiz(m): 11:35am On Jun 08, 2012
First thing first, this new NL don't have a Captcha image,So the question of creating fake registrations by bot will arise. But the problem gets worse when human spammers sign up and send out the spam that way.

The only way you can control this menace is by asking the administrator(payed moderator maybe) to approve every registration that goes through which i can do. Once you start sifting, you will get 30 to 40 attempted registrations each day that are from spammers that were earlier banned. Sometimes spammers can figure out what graphic is displayed during the registration process and the robot can actually answer the question with the right answer. A clever way you as a Global moderator gotten around this is to install a modification that will ask the bot certain questions that only a human can read, comprehend, and answer. Because you can change the questions and answers, it can be different for each forum and robots won't be able to catch up to you. All you need to know is whether the registration is a human or a robot. You can get a confirmation about this through their e-mail address. This is the simplest way to know whether the registrant is real person or a robot.

But on observation, Nairaland spammers are mostly human promoting link and urls, let me break it down, how i will advice you to be able to combat such and also how i will be able to play my own role when chosen;

1. Using Captcha or Human Validation: Having an option for captcha or human validation may help you a lot to avoid spam to your forum. In this option there is an application where people have to submit some characters into a box that appears in an image along with that box and randomly change each time for new post just as the former NL.

2. Using Email Verification: you have this feature already which is efficient for spamming bots but not human spammer.

3. Limiting Number Of Link In Signature: Some people use to have a lot of links in their signature links to spam a forum. Spammers are trickish and as such will still find another medium to post the links. Any user who bypass this rule will be banned by me indefinately.

4. Avoid allowing of Links From New Users: i will not allow new members to post live links of any other site no matter that is useful or not. At each section, rules will be dropped to warn user of contracdicting it. It will better idea to allow new members to post live links only after they become regular and active member of the forum and have posted a number of useful posts. I will make sure that any notorious user who refuse to abide the rules will be banned totally.

5. Limiting Number Of Posts for Signature Links: Do not allow new users for signature links in their posts. Make sure to allow signature links to new members only after posting a number of useful posts or threads to the forum. It will be good to allow signature links after at least 20 or 30 regular posts by a new member.

6. Limiting Post Editing Time: It is recommended to limit the time of editing any post because some spammers edit older posts and either post blatant advertising links, or else hide them in punctuation and invisible images.

7. Block Common Email domains or IPs: Block same email domains or IPs from your admin panel or by using .htaccess file if you find that these are not natural and being used to spam the forum,if eventually you choose me as the moderator and award the power, it will make things easy. Any email suspected will be tendered and scrutinized.

Mr seun, those words above re advise to make your forum clear of spam and to less the work of your mods as i too was once a forum owner, but on my own behalf, i will like to take the job if given and will moderate the forum well 10 - 12 hrs daily. My own is to make sure the forum is spam-free and always patroling day,afternoon and night(3-4hrs at each period).

Thanks, DJ
humble forum member!!!

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by lifestyle1(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2012
Seun: Hello,

The Nairaland Forum is in need of a paid full-time moderator whose primary duty will be to keep the entire forum free of spam at all times, day & night, regardless of what it takes. [size=15pt]The person will be expected to work 8 - 10 hours daily[/size]. If you're interested, please indicate your interest on this thread and tell us about how you intend to go about this.

Regards.

This is..... undecided
Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by go4value(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2012
@seun.....i am the ideal candidate for this job,i stay 8hrs minimum online every.
Above all am willing to start this job free ofcharge,so you can access both my performance n contributions before,you start paying me.tx

just drop the details of the job here.
Email:naija4life2020@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by trigar12(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mr. Seun i can do this. I have internet connectivity 24/7, i have reported so many spams here, i do sit at home cos i ve not been admitted into school yet, so am the right man for this job. I ll be waiting on you.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
Count me in Oga Seun..
Being online from 8 to 10hours isn't a problem for me..
What you are looking for is someone who's commitment and can do the job at hand effectively.
And i believe i can do this job.
To show you how Zealous i Am for this job-
I'm ready to start the job free for now.
You can decide to pay me when you see the level of commitment and hard work you want.
Bro Kc.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by DayoJobs: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
How about a key word or key word triggers that alert me via e-mail when a spam related or suspicious mail is posted ? And then I swoop in.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by sunnymimo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
I am highly interested in the spam management job.I'm presently in Northampton UK.2years experience in similar role.
24hrs access to internet,24hrs access to electricity,highly skillful and hardworking.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus by ifunayam(f): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2012
"Anybody can do it but i think d person should be at least a man"

And At MOST a woman. lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Didn't Cheat On A Job Test Does That Make Me A Fool ? / Grooming Centre Invite. / Access Bank Password For The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.