Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Many Married Men Are Unhappy... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Many Married Men Are Unhappy... (45142 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / What Do You Do When Are Unhappy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by gsmgold: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
manugbo: women ar the ones not happy in their marriages.

im married, i give all that marraiage requires of me, but my husband does'nt

because, he loves keeping girl friends. but its very hard for me to keep male friend. i cant
and its ssssssssooooo painful.

he is cheating on me seriously. i dont know what to do.
although , i ve told him that we need to go for court wedding, which he has refused to do over 6 years now.

Howevr, it has been my desire to serve my God, because all are varnity upon varnity.

i just want to have a good relationship with my God, but my husband attitude towards me is very very bad.

if he dies today, will i mourn for him? i dont think so, rather i will thank God for removing such A PROBLEM FOR ME.

ITS SO PAINFUUUULL

WHat i desire in my life is not what im getting in this marriage.

MY GOD IS GREATER THAN HIM

IM IN BONDAGE, GOD HELP ME

I TRY AS MUCH AS I CAN TO CONSOLE MYSELF, BUT SOMETIMES I LOOSE IT.

Apart 4rm prayers, try 2 find out d tins he loves.
Some men can't stand d sight of dirt! They come home...the whole house is smelling...the children r looking tattered...the wive is unattractive.

Quit wearing wrappers all day long. Bum short & jean strings r still in d market. Sexy tops 4 all sizes u can find. Take ur bath b4 he gets home n show off ur sexy wear, don't 4get ur perfume.

The house MUST always be neat.

A woman must have a job/biz. U need 2 be financially independent. Don't run to him 4 petty tins.

Who says u can't take d family out. Go 2 the cinemas n watch movies with them once in a while. Don't forget 2 wear ur killer dresses.

My mother inlaw is in her late 50ties- still wears bum shorts n watches wat she eats inorder 2 stay fit. We have given them ORDER not to give birth 2 more children. She had nine!

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
SUV:
that is why you will be very unhappy if you get married someday! wrong notion already.

in my own opinion: men that are unhappy in marriage probably married for the wrong reason and most women do not know the reason for the marriage or also married the men for the wrong reason.

partners should know WHY they are getting married in the first place, cos after the active sex life, only the companionship can sustain the marriage.

possible reasons:
1. Men that do not get sexual satisfaction from wife may be unhappy and tend to look for satisfaction outside.
reason: women believe that they help the man to release and that's all in sex and also for them to get pregnant , a lot of women do not enjoy sex, some men are also selfish not to understand their wife's sexual needs.
solution: sex is a mutual relationship. the guy if more experienced should help the woman and vice versa, if both are not experienced, they should watch films together or look for avenues to learn together so they can enjoy themselves and satisfy one another.

2. Men that are not being respected cos the woman is financially buoyant. a lot of women tend to loose their respect for their husband cos they make money to support the family, after all they do all the work for women in addition to making money for the family, so WHAT? even if the man is a bricklayer and the woman is a professor, as long as the man is treated with all due respect as the owner of the woman's head, he feels safe and his pride in tact and it makes him complete. once he makes all the decisions, then the woman has won the heart of her man.

3. Women loves being appreciated no matter how little even for doing their primary duty, if such appreciation and compliments are not coming, she feels the man is taking her for granted, and she will rebel. neglect will come in and a lot of stuff. the man starts feeling unloved.

4. physical appeal of a woman makes plays a lot of role in sexual appeal of a man. a situation where the woman after first child allows herself to be unkept, no longer take care of herself and keep herself in shape, the man gets turned off all the time, that can douse the sexual appeal of her man and the man unhappy ...

5. Children: women tend to divert a lot of attention to the children and the man will feel neglected. Very bad. The man gets the ultimate attention and will help u show love to the kids.

6. Communication: women that nag their husbands will only push them out. if they do not give you audience, be subtle in ur approach. Men that do not like to hear the side of story of the women will make the woman to nag. there is no excuse for a woman to nag. DONT NAG ur man ohhh. discuss, make jokes even nasty and crazy ones. share everything, no secret. ur wife should be able to pick ur calls and play with ur phone and vice versa so that there will be mutual trust. tell her what u feel and how u feel and what u want. take ur Place. IT UR RIGHT mr MAN. also u shld listen to what ur wife wants and is complaining about. free and constant communication makes a good home.

7. and a whole lot. don't hv enough time now to finish up, maybe later. got to prepare my hubby's delicacy, TGIF... great night coming...cant wait **winks..

SUV I think I need your services in the counseling of my moronic Fiancee...
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by kwizzy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
So many single men are unhappy,lonely,fustrated,jobless,dis-organisnised,heartbroken and tired of life. Hpoking different type of women whether booby,big bom,black,fat,slim etc doesn't make one happy always except for Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ sex addict.life is nt all about freedom.for life to be meaniful you must take responsibility. Marriage is ordained by God and in its true form is suppose to be enjoyed.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Grandmisty: 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2012
gsmgold:

Apart 4rm prayers, try 2 find out d tins he loves.
Some men can't stand d sight of dirt! They come home...the whole house is smelling...the children r looking tattered...the wive is unattractive.

Quit wearing wrappers all day long. Bum short & jean strings r still in d market. Sexy tops 4 all sizes u can find. Take ur bath b4 he gets home n show off ur sexy wear, don't 4get ur perfume.

The house MUST always be neat.

A woman must have a job/biz. U need 2 be financially independent. Don't run to him 4 petty tins.

Who says u can't take d family out. Go the cinemas n watch movies with them once in a while. Don't forget 2 wear ur killer dresses.

My mother inlaw is in her late 50ties- still wears bum shorts n watches wat she eats inorder 2 stay fit. We have given them ORDER not to give birth 2 more children. She had nine!
Abeg wetin be jean string LOL
blakmonsta: The reason is that we have all forgotten the real reason for marriage

The REAL reason for marriage IS TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS NO QUESTION O WHO IS RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF RAISING CHILDREN BECOME AN ISSUE.

SO in short this is it:

If you have children YOUR LIFE BECOMES WORSE. CONFIRMED.
If you marry YOUR LIFE ALSO BECOMES WORSE (whatever the trumpet blowers and love-love preachers say)

[size=14pt]HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITHOUT MARRYING FIRST YOUR LIFE BECOMES HELL.[/size]

And here is the final one:

IF YOU GET OLD WITH NO CHILDREN YOUR LIFE MAY AS WELL HAVE ENDED BECAUSE IT BECOMES WORSE THAN HELL.

So it is simple:

You HAVE to just accept that no matter what you do, your life is about to get worse. It is like prostate cancer, baldness, menopause, 30-year old potbelly, sagging breasts...your LIFE DETERIORARTES as you get older.

MARRIAGE IS YOU DECIDING TO TAKE SOME UNHAPPINESS NOW TO PREVENT WORSE UNHAPPINESS LATER. Because sex is so pleasurable that if you don't marry in time, SOONER OR LATER you will have a child outside wedlock, and if you don't, you will grow old with no children and become LIVING DEAD.

SO.

All of you unhappy in yopur marriages SHUT UP. your life would be worse in a few years if you didn't marry.

All of you afraid to marry YOU ARE FOOLS. Your dick will stop rising in a few years and then you will be unable to bear children and I am sorry for you in your old age.

EVERYONE WHO IS CLAIMING TO BE HAPPY IN THEIR MARRIAGE: More power to you. 80% of you are either deluded, bloody liars or are unknowingly taking advantage of your partner who will soon snap and scatter your delusions. For the 20% who are GENUINELY happy, I say do not get too used to it or when it goes away (and it will) you will think something is wrong when in fact it is just natural.

TAKE IT AS ONE OF LIFE'S CHALLENGES AND MOVE ON.

Advice to young guys: don't look for the woman that gives you the most pleasure. Soon shge will lose what gives you pleasure, whether it is looks or obedient behaviour or enthusiasm for life. LOOK FOR THE WOMAN WHO GIVES YOU NO SINGLE HEADACHE OR WAHAALA. Even if she looks like a PIG, marry her because ALL WOMEN WILL LOOK LIKE OLD HAGS VERY SOON ANYWAY and African women specifically balloon up to 10 times their size after childbirth and look like fricken elephants.
Oboy u dey vex o but u have said 99.1% truth more grease to your brain
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by famolino(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
D wedding ring is d smalest handcufs eva made. Dnt b in a hurry to wear one. Look wel b4 u sentence ursef.

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by lollarj(f): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
Tragic thread undecided

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by CuteXclaim(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
famolino: D wedding ring is d smalest handcufs eva made. Dnt b in a hurry to wear one. Look wel b4 u sentence ursef.

How wrong are you on that note. if you think it that way you find it hard to be happy in your marriage. broaden your thinking bro
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by ypzilanti: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
Miss_Ife:

Seriously, I don't see the difference in terms of happiness. If truly you feel that marriage has made you sad, you either married the wrong person or married at the wrong time (ie were not ready to). And believing that single men are happy all because they are single... It's better to remain single then.

I was happy whenh I was single, and I am happy now that I am not. I would not like to go back to the single days, even as much as it was fun. Kind of like how you have good memories of University, but would never want to go back to those days.

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
True. A lot of married ppl are just hanging on, no joy in the relationship at all
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by etchel(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
spendogram: Reading some of these posts makes me wonder why some people don't see that unhappy people are people who continuously make choices that make them unhappy. They are simply skilled in making such silly choices and they have their spouses to blame for that?

I am happily married and I can tell you that I chose happiness long before marriage so I had no problems making the right decisions. Many people feel that marriage is suppose to make them happy.Nothing further from the truth. You are happy because you make happy choices and such choices include who to marry and how to continuously live with the person.

One very important thing that I must not leave out. If you are a person that is easily swayed by adverts/packaging you tend to make wrong choices. You need to look at the content of things even if the packaging isn't really appealing. Western media has made a majority of the world population to believe more in packaging than the real content. e.g you lots of people with lots of friends and posting lots of nice pictures on social networks. And they always tend to remember your birthday (lol). It will surprise you that those same people don't only look opposite of what they portray themselves to be but also behave completely opposite in real life.
On point. You spoke every bit of what i should have said.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Marriage, is a necessary evil !
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by manugbo(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin
PLENTYNAIR: hmm.......... cheesy
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by manugbo(m): 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2012
Joshcoli: grin cheesy cheesy

so funny grin grin grin
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by manugbo(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
etchel: On point. You spoke every bit of what i should have said.

pls speak ur own
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by blackboi(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
sanchez4eva: It has been scientifically proven that many men become unhappy after marriage. It may not be the nagging wife or lack of money but many other things are involved. Marriage may seem like paradise but men love freedom, we don't like being tied down and it goes against our nature. As single men we are completely on our own, to ladies it may actually be a bad thing but to men it is a chance to battle the hardship of life and come out victorious.
Why do men get married? Is it solely for the benefit of a companion to satisfy our sexual needs? In my own opinion sex is sweeter if there are different varieties..fat girl today or slim girl tomorrow..[/b]having sex with the same woman for over 6 years may get boring and monotonous and if that's the reason a man marries then his marriage days are numbered. Do men get married for the purpose of having a woman to cook for us and take care of the house? It is a sad fact that some women do not know how to cook and take care of a home and the ones that actually know how to, complain all day and nag the food out of the man. There are many other reasons to get married and I believe the most important one is to bear children but [b]what about if the child is an olodo or physically deformed or has a congenital disease that would end up draining the whole cash? The high cost of school fees may also deter some men from having children.
Notwithstanding, marriage is a beautiful thing if a man marries the right woman but where can such a woman be found? Naija girls of nowadays are all searching for rich guys or want guys with the biggest male organ that can perform for 3 days and when they end up with a man below their expectations they begin to make life hell for the man. My question is this, since most men are unhappy in their marriage what can be done to make the situation better? Should the man turn to K-Solo/DKB and beat the woman or should he get a divorce? This post is for matured minds only as it can save a marriage from collapsing........Peace

I smell 2 major problms in you:
1. Fear
2. Sex addiction/Insecurities
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by obimind(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
manugbo: women ar the ones not happy in their marriages.

im married, i give all that marraiage requires of me, but my husband does'nt

because, he loves keeping girl friends. but its very hard for me to keep male friend. i cant
and its ssssssssooooo painful.

he is cheating on me seriously. i dont know what to do.
although , i ve told him that we need to go for court wedding, which he has refused to do over 6 years now.

Howevr, it has been my desire to serve my God, because all are varnity upon varnity.

i just want to have a good relationship with my God, but my husband attitude towards me is very very bad.

if he dies today, will i mourn for him? i dont think so, rather i will thank God for removing such A PROBLEM FOR ME.

ITS SO PAINFUUUULL

WHat i desire in my life is not what im getting in this marriage.

MY GOD IS GREATER THAN HIM

IM IN BONDAGE, GOD HELP ME

I TRY AS MUCH AS I CAN TO CONSOLE MYSELF, BUT SOMETIMES I LOOSE IT.
My dear, jst put ur trust in God. He'll definitely make ur husband to hav a repentant hrt. Jst hold on. God is on ur side.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by BaBaMike: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
Many married people are unhappy because they dont really get to know each other well enough before getting married or get married for the wrong reasons. I'm happily married to a lovely and charming woman,for almost 20 years we have three wonderful children, my oldest daughter is 18.It's important to have a possibility thinking attitude toward marriage before we can even begin. I think many people rush into marriage without looking at the big picture... some don't consider asking their future spouse about their views on the important things that make a marriage work.

Some get married just because their friends are doing it and they don't want to feel left out. There's many reasons why marriages don't work or people end up unhappy, but I believe that if you really get to know the person you want to spend your life with and are able to work as a team through anything chances are you'll end up with a pretty happy marriage.

As much as we all like to think marriage is all about love, (and it is for the most part), there is another huge factor of partnership that can truely make or break a marriage. Having a strong backbone of true partnership and communication are what can get a couple through the hardest of times in a marriage and allow them to stay together and be happy. Many people don't take the time to build a partnership with their spouse and I think that is why they are unhappy.

2 Likes

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Lakasigbe(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
This life is full of many strange tins u knw. We jst nid prayer to kip it going. GOD help us all
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
CuteXclaim:

How wrong are you on that note. if you think it that way you find it hard to be happy in your marriage. broaden your thinking bro
He is right U knowI fu already wear it then sorry pal
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by switosman(m): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
somebody who is married to women with borderline personality defects and narcissistic personality defects will sign a whole different story/ song about happiness in marriage. such women are impossible to please and they will critic the man to madness. such husbands cannot place a finger to what their wife really wants. they are most times in a bad mood and they will do anything to drag their husband dowm. putting their husband down always to make themselves feel better. worst of it all, they cannot accept there is something wrong with them. they dont know anything and dont want to know.
they they threaten husband with divorce, death and most time get violence with no just cause. then blame husband for it and for all things wrong with them.
such women there best slang is "I don tire", "forget it", 'I am not i the mood" and silence treatment.
sex with them its only at their own terms and close to animalistic violence.
husband is blamed for their unhappiness, husband is not doing enough to make me happy, she says.
HOW CAN HUSBAND TO SUCH BE HAPPY?

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by gram: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
spendogram: Reading some of these posts makes me wonder why some people don't see that unhappy people are people who continuously make choices that make them unhappy. They are simply skilled in making such silly choices and they have their spouses to blame for that?

I am happily married and I can tell you that I chose happiness long before marriage so I had no problems making the right decisions. Many people feel that marriage is suppose to make them happy.Nothing further from the truth. You are happy because you make happy choices and such choices include who to marry and how to continuously live with the person.

One very important thing that I must not leave out. If you are a person that is easily swayed by adverts/packaging you tend to make wrong choices. You need to look at the content of things even if the packaging isn't really appealing. Western media has made a majority of the world population to believe more in packaging than the real content. e.g you lots of people with lots of friends and posting lots of nice pictures on social networks. And they always tend to remember your birthday (lol). It will surprise you that those same people don't only look opposite of what they portray themselves to be but also behave completely opposite in real life.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by SNCOQ3(m): 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2012
sanchez4eva: It has been scientifically proven that many men become unhappy after marriage. It may not be the nagging wife or lack of money but many other things are involved. Marriage may seem like paradise but men love freedom, we don't like being tied down and it goes against our nature. As single men we are completely on our own, to ladies it may actually be a bad thing but to men it is a chance to battle the hardship of life and come out victorious.
Why do men get married? Is it solely for the benefit of a companion to satisfy our sexual needs? In my own opinion sex is sweeter if there are different varieties..fat girl today or slim girl tomorrow..having sex with the same woman for over 6 years may get boring and monotonous and if that's the reason a man marries then his marriage days are numbered. Do men get married for the purpose of having a woman to cook for us and take care of the house? It is a sad fact that some women do not know how to cook and take care of a home and the ones that actually know how to, complain all day and nag the food out of the man. There are many other reasons to get married and I believe the most important one is to bear children but what about if the child is an olodo or physically deformed or has a congenital disease that would end up draining the whole cash? The high cost of school fees may also deter some men from having children.
Notwithstanding, marriage is a beautiful thing if a man marries the right woman but where can such a woman be found? Naija girls of nowadays are all searching for rich guys or want guys with the biggest male organ that can perform for 3 days and when they end up with a man below their expectations they begin to make life hell for the man. My question is this, since most men are unhappy in their marriage what can be done to make the situation better? Should the man turn to K-Solo/DKB and beat the woman or should he get a divorce? This post is for matured minds only as it can save a marriage from collapsing........Peace

Were is the source of your "scientific" claim. Last time i checked, surveys proved the contrary to be true :

------------------------------------
Michigan State University researchers claim that married people are happier people than single people in the long run.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/married-people-are-happier
Original report: http://news.msu.edu/media/documents/2012/05/3eee4c51-e850-4028-ad59-bff3e186b9d0.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marriage can be rough, but it seems to be better than the alternative. A new study finds that married people aren’t happier than when they were single, but over time, and all things considered, married people are happier than those who are not married.....The study, involving data on thousands of participants in a long-running, national British survey, was announced today and is published online in the Journal of Research in Personality.

http://www.livescience.com/20649-married-people-happier.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Psychologists Make A Really Good Case For Getting Married
A study shows that people who get married end up living happier lives than people who don't end up tying the knot.
A long-term national survey of 1,366 British citizens was used, and those individuals were studied based on their happiness. Each respondent started the study single and becoming married over the course of the long-term study...

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-married-people-are-happier-2012-5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you truly love each other... if both couples consider their partner before _self ... No matter the challenges... Things will work out fine.
And yes, I am still single; But please, let the truth be told.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by gidjah(m): 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2012
Marriage cn be fun wit a loving and God fearing woman, and seriously money plays abt 80 percent in its line of duty, pls dnt Eva deceive ur self thinking marriage wl completely wrk without money pls i beg u,not in ds generation were money answereth All Things! As Amanda jst be matured,god fearin, and hv a gd financial base, then u wl be able to command respect in ur home, and b in charge all round, Once u r ready to communicate, listen, at all times wt ur wife , then u shall always b on top. Ensure u dnt wrong-pick, look for content rather than package, looks can b very deceitful. Though u can neva get to completely kno ur woman until she is ready to unravel most mysteries behind woman hood, then be rest assured dat ur END has finally come. I am partly fulfilled as a married man, though sme times i think d other ways round , but God has bin awesome to us , we centre all around God n He has neva failed Us.One shall chase 1000 but 2 shall chase 10000, wot about that concept for all d potential Godly Men in Da House??
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by mrperfect(m): 11:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
A lot learned.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 11:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
shine-eye:
I sincerely do not know where you got the notion that marriage makes men unhappy. I sincerely see you as one of those modern day promoters of ungodliness . How could you even suggest that! I have been married for over a decade and there is no greater bliss than my wife in my life. It is all so simple. If we are simple honest people who dont derive pleasure in deceiving people for our pleasure, we would enjoy this life. But we have become so devious and are reaping from are folly. Life is simple. Marriage is so simple. We have abandoned the sincerity of our fore fathers and complicated our lives. Rather than return to the better old way, some dark agents are busy propelling rotten doctrines of living happy lives by jumping from woman to woman.Also note that enemies of marriage are direct enemies of God. We need to change ourselves, not God or marriage. The unhappiness of today is a reflection of our waywardness. More waywardness can never be the solution!

What an utter moronic post!

How has this junk proven many men are not unhappy in marriage?

By using your singular life? Or your bigoted religious rants?

1 Like

Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by sanchez4eva: 12:01am On Jun 09, 2012
I really appreciate the mature comments and good advice from you all but I want to make one thing clear-I Am not married. There is no person that would like to be alone for the rest of his/her life but it is better to be alone and happy than to be with someone that makes life miserable. Some ladies are complaining that women are more unhappy after marriage but I feel that is not true because a happy woman makes a man happy and both of them make a happy family.
Manugbe pls if you are very unhappy to the point that you don't care if your husband dies I suggest you go for counselling or seek a divorce..
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by SNCOQ3(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2012
Sagamite:

^ What is it with the insults?? Why don't you prove him wrong constructively if you have your "facts"?
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by sanchez4eva: 12:03am On Jun 09, 2012
Sagamite:

Bro pls no harsh words. He is writing what he feels is right and should be done. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by SNCOQ3(m): 12:06am On Jun 09, 2012
sanchez4eva: I really appreciate the mature comments and good advice from you all but I want to make one thing clear-I Am not married. There is no person that would like to be alone for the rest of his/her life but it is better to be alone and happy than to be with someone that makes life miserable. Some ladies are complaining that women are more unhappy after marriage but I feel that is not true because a happy woman makes a man happy and both of them make a happy family.
Manugbe pls if you are very unhappy to the point that you don't care if your husband dies I suggest you go for counselling or seek a divorce..

More like it. Thumbs up.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 12:06am On Jun 09, 2012
lestat:

@Miss_Ife(f): ideal, but my dear very impractical in Nigeria... I agree with what you have said "know thy self" this should be every serious human begins motto!! a lot of people carry all their emotional baggage into marriage hoping that it will all get miraculously fixed by the marriage itself which in my opinion is absurd.. I have to say I am always shocked when I see certain people I knew way back in unilag all of a sudden married and I think to myself 'ehm that girl was a groupie! has she suddenly fixed that and gotten married?"
that being said!! I personally am still but 90% of my buddies are married and every time we are out drinking after the third bottle someone at the table always starts with on complaint about his wife then the other all join in and they all start comparing who has the worst wife or the most impossible wife and I sit there thinking these used to be very happy chaps back in the days...
so yes I am paranoid about marriage and understandably so, because everywhere I look I see people who are just tolerating each other, not really happy together, or they are still together because they are ashamed to get a divorce or they already have kids... I think we all need to take a break and ask some serious questions

Well said.

SNCOQ3:

^ What is it with the insults ?? Why don't you prove him wrong constructively if you have your facts?

sanchez4eva:
Bro pls no harsh words. He is writing what he feels is right and should be done. Different strokes for different folks.

He should say what ever he needs to say intelligently and he should keep his religious bigotry to himself.

If he wants to fight demons, he should do it in his church with a hosepipe of holy water.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Sagamite(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2012
kadafijabz: i'm not married.at least not yet,but my experiences as a vibrant young man,has helped me build a futuristic perspective towards the subject 'marriage'.truth be told,every marriage or union,is aan amalgamation of two imperfect people trying to achieve a healthy blend of ideologies without harmfull fictions.the beauty of any union,is the ability to disagree to agree.marriage is no exception!i musnt fail to mention that society and growing trends,have further aided in bastardizing this much revered institution.i'm amazed that men would rather opt to go cheer their favourite football teams,rather than spend lost quality time with their yearning spouses.blackberry is readily another wanted culprit in this critically sensitive piece.social networking has gradually stolen away the sanity of values we all once upheld so intensely.women now consider the kitchen a 'deathrow' in every sense.its even more 'classy' and optional to buy meals for their household even at weeekends!what a letdown!whichever way,lapses and inaddequacies are expedient.joy will only remain in an atmosphere of humility.humilty from both ends to readily admit their voids and wanting-lly adopt an attitude of teachability.there may never be a spotless marriage,but there can always be a happy one.it all depends on the readiness of the practitioners to embrace the spirit of sacrifice which of course,has been sent on a indefinite exile by many 'players' in this sacred industry.on a final note,i implore you to sincerely ask yourself this one vital question'am i really ready to pay the price to make this union work?the future of your union or marriage,solely depends on whatever your heart has echoed as an answer...marriage is honourable,and the bed undefiled.GOD said so!cheers people.

Beautifully said.

kwizzy: So many single men are unhappy,lonely,fustrated,jobless,dis-organisnised,heartbroken and tired of life. Hpoking different type of women whether booby,big bom,black,fat,slim etc doesn't make one happy always except for Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊ sex addict.life is nt all about freedom.for life to be meaniful you must take responsibility. Marriage is ordained by God and in its true form is suppose to be enjoyed.

Another moronic post.
Re: Many Married Men Are Unhappy... by Afrocatalyst: 12:40am On Jun 09, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said.
Too harsh. Girls are holes though but there are angels, but those angels can only be seen by archangels. Change urself to find your missing rib, period.

He should say what ever he needs to say intelligently and he should keep his religious bigotry to himself.

If he wants to fight demons, he should do it in his church with a hosepipe of holy water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.