Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector (6399 Views)

BREAKING NEWS| How Buhari Smuggled Fugitive Omar Al-bashir Out Of India To Sudan / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by wizard010(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kx: [/quote] na wa oo[quote author=Kx]
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by mimifonwon(f): 3:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
idmanzik: Where are those calling for "India Must Go"...lol

These fools better not let indians take over our power/light sector, they better give nigerian business men a chance first, because if nigeria and her studpid thieving government does this, India will drag nigeria to the dirt. No offense but india should fix its own problems first before trying to own nigeria with 100million dollars, now if it was a 100 Trillion they want to invest, then i would shut up nothing less.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by maskara01: 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
these guys wont leave us alone..... after dana wahala? them wan sell us transformers again?
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by basisop(m): 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
Indians again!!!
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by mithel(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
This is a slap on our face cry india too dey give us money sigh..e go beta
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by dagreen14: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2012
I am sure a current or former Governor in Nigeria can give Nigeria 200M and still have millions in the UK banks
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Intrepid1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
3rd World country dashing another money. A big insult! But trust the politicians to ignore that fact and share the money before it even hits the account!
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by maigaskiya1: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
Turbocharged: Na wa oo!
So what are the world-class branded UNILAG graduates doing that they cannot repair ordinary transformer.
my broda gud questn
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by pssword: 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
India is a poor country where millions are starving, yet there are prepared to give us $100M loan.. this is as fishy as it gets.
And please get it right, it is not aid but a loan, only God knows what kind of conditions come with the loan. Yeye de boom
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by sayusuf(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
chicken change. Somebody go tell india, we are not that poor. We only lack leadership
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Grandmisty: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
na today dont beleive everythiing u hear
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Grandmisty: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
Indian for that matter. India will never give u 1o kobo without wanting more in return so dont b fooled ppl
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by awesomebenji(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
undecidedIs India richer than Nigeria dat dey're givin us aid? If money culd solve d power sector's calculus, Nigeria would've bn selling power 2 her sister nations. I believe in change though!
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Revolva(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2012
Another bribe from india may be because of the dana issue kai ooo washing
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Ideraolu: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
$100M as aid for a country that produces oil. Fols check very well no country will give aid on international ground without a vested interest. naija don die finish.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Hugo7(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
Another NATional Cake.......Very soon Na TOgo go borrow us...9jaaa
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by anigold(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
INDIA SABI BRIBE ABI DID WE TELL THESE WISE FOOLS THAT GEJ NEEDS AID FROM INDIA , INDIA IS JUST TRYING TO GIVE GEJ AND HIS CO
TO HAVE SOME MONEY TO STEAL AND TRAVEL TO THE MOON.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Arosa(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Una too funny, India may be very poor but it's economy is twice that of all of Africa. lipsrsealed
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by ebere1712: 12:20am On Jun 09, 2012
We don't want there aid or anybody's for that matter. Those foreigners should simply stop their criminal activities in Nigeria; that would be aid enough for us. Bloody criminals.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by jara: 12:40am On Jun 09, 2012
What more can I say, yeye people. Aswan or whatever his name make more than that in Nigeria in a month or less. They are looking for who to sell India used parts to with credit that will soon turn to loan as India push them to buy more. We nor dey learn?
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by dasparrow: 1:10am On Jun 09, 2012
ebere1712: We don't want there aid or anybody's for that matter. Those foreigners should simply stop their criminal activities in Nigeria; that would be aid enough for us. Bloody criminals.

Well said!

Arosa: Una too funny, India may be very poor but it's economy is twice that of all of Africa. lipsrsealed

So why are so many indians in india living in abject poverty since their economy is twice that of all of Africa? And what concrete proof do you even have that india's economy is twice that of the whole African continent?

pssword: India is a poor country where millions are starving, yet there are prepared to give us $100M loan.. this is as fishy as it gets.
And please get it right, it is not aid but a loan, only God knows what kind of conditions come with the loan. Yeye de boom

Precisely! I ask myself the same question. Maybe they are trying to hinder our corrupt elected officials from dealing with them mercilessly for their negligence in the Dana air crash.

mimifonwon:

These fools better not let indians take over our power/light sector, they better give nigerian business men a chance first, because if nigeria and her studpid thieving government does this, India will drag nigeria to the dirt. No offense but india should fix its own problems first before trying to own nigeria with 100million dollars, now if it was a 100 Trillion they want to invest, then i would shut up nothing less.

My thoughts exactly. I see what indians did with the telecom sector and today Nigerians are complaining about all the spam text messages they receive and how they are deceived into paying money to enter a chance to win a car or whatever. Even the network is bad. If indians take over the electricity sector, I shudder what will happen. I can only wish Nigerians goodluck.

damilola15: Aid is not what Nigeria needs, what is needed its implementation.

I agree with you 100%

Grandmisty: Indian for that matter. India will never give u 1o kobo without wanting more in return so dont b fooled ppl

Please help me tell them.

basisop: Indians again!!!

LOL, get used to them because as long as we have very corrupt leaders in power who will not hesitate to sell Nigeria for a plate of porraidge to the highest bidder while enriching their own pockets, these indians ain't going nowhere.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by UKBobo(m): 2:08am On Jun 09, 2012
Blood money! KMWT
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 09, 2012
Nonsense! Do Indians have constant electricity?
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Nnenna1(f): 2:24am On Jun 09, 2012
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by moshoodn(m): 3:49am On Jun 09, 2012
S@NNiE:
India has committed a $100 million line of credit to Nigeria for improvement in its power sector that has been battling with instability and corruption.

Indian High Commissioner to Nigeria Mahesh Sachdev announced this during inauguration of the manufacturing and repair of power transmission equipment plant developed by India's Skipper Group in Ikorodu area of southern state of Lagos yesterday.

"Nigerian and Indian governments will soon sign the agreement for the line of credit," Sachdev said, adding that 12 Indian companies have shown interest to invest in Nigeria's power sector.

"India, which is Nigeria's second-largest trading partner, has both the capacity and expertise to support Nigeria's ambitious development plans in the power sector." he said.

He noted that unlike many other foreign companies which were content to execute projects on tactical basis, Skipper Group, over the past decade, had invested in Nigeria to create manufacturing and repair capacity, transfer of technology and employment generation.

Speaking on the occasion, Nigeria's power minister Bart Nnaji said with the completion of the repair plant, the country would no longer ship transformers to South Africa, India and other countries for repair.

"With this repair facility, we will not be shipping transformers to South Africa, India and other countries for repair. It costs us money; it costs us time. Now, the repair is going to be done here and on top of that, it will create local employment," he said.

The High Commissioner also visited the site of the recent plane crash at Iju Lagos and expressed grief over the loss of innocent lives.

Nigeria has been battling hard to improve power supply to its 150 million people but corruption has proved to be a major setback to the move.

The problems in the sector have also proved to be a major roadblock in this oil rich African country's path to industrialisation.

President Goodluck Jonathan's government has roped in country's anti-corruption agencies to investigate the malpractices in the sector and fix the loopholes in a bid to improve power supply in the country by this year.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NNPC PROBE SAGA ??

STOKING MY CUTE BEARDS.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by moshoodn(m): 3:54am On Jun 09, 2012
pssword: India is a poor country where millions are starving, yet there are prepared to give us $100M loan.. this is as fishy as it gets.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO A COUNTRY WITH BAD LEADERSHIP AND UNPATRIOTIC CITIZENSHIP.

I'LL KEEP PRAYING FOR NIGERIA.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by ochallo: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2012
hmmm..... i beg no take any money from India o, they would ensure that nigerians cough out that money 7 folds within 7 months
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2012
Stupid Leaders,they want to build repair facilities, why cant they build facilities that would manufacture the said transformers in the first place
Answer, They are Increasingly facing challenges from other countries who are offering these said repairs cheaper or Nigerians are abandoning repairs and just buying new ones.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by member479760: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2012
so for 52 yias we can't repair transformer then when we go build one, besides UNILAG na prestigious university abi no bi so.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Arosa(m): 11:35am On Jun 09, 2012
dasparrow:

So why are so many indians in india living in abject poverty since their economy is twice that of all of Africa? And what concrete proof do you even have that india's economy is twice that of the whole African continent?
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html?countryName=India&countryCode=in&regionCode=sas&rank=4#in

Fact, India is the third largest economy in the world with a PPP of 4.4 trillion dollars; the whole of Africa has a 2.2 trillion dollars PPP . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Africa
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by Pinoralia: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Indian govt is not serious, do they think $100million can ‎​G̶̲̥̅̊Θ anywia. W̶̲̥̅ξ are talking of power generation, transmission and distribution here. That peanut of theirs can't even power a state in Nigeria. Not to talk of lending it to Nigeria as a whole on power project. I don't even believe Nigeria can't generate that peanut from importation duty charges alone in a week, not to talk of the liquid wealth that surrounds us. Even thousands of politicians can drop that amount (1.6 billion naira) each as a little portion of what they 've looted from Nigeria. Money is not the major problem, it's corruption, mismanagement of fund and poor maintenance culture. Is it not the same power that OBJ said he spent $6.5billion on, and no improvement Ψå§ visible. GEJ 2020 is around †ђξ corner oh. And w̶̲̥̅ξ are still waiting to see the white elephant you promised us.
Re: India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector by canuck(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Knowing that 100 Million Indians live in slums like this in Bangalore, 900 Million (77% of Indians) live on less than $0.50 a day, and that India does not have constant power supply, I dare look this gift horse in the mouth.

Our shameless leaders should do the right thing for once - Say, "Shukriya - Thanks, but no thanks!"

And I am tired of Indians saying, "Nigeria today reminds me of India 20 years ago!"

Moves like this make Nigeria a laughing stock in the comity of nations.

Nigeria is not a basket case in need of charity - Nigeria is a sorry case in desperate need of leadership.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Candidature Will Bring Victory For Abia PDP – Dr Uche Ogah / Post Your "Buhari Suffering" Story / Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.