Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' (26286 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Was “not” Cured Of Ebola / Six Die After Being 'cured' Of Hiv By Tb Joshua's Church In London / Pls I Need An Advise On How To Get Cured Of Staphylococus Areus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by adefash(m): 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
puskin: @lasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Another plus for mankind.
another plus ke.who brought hiv before? no be man? bringing hiv is negative,finding cure is positive which neutralises the negative leaving behind neutral point.so no thumb up.
besides ppl have been receivibg cure here in 9ja wela but things from this part of the world are not taken seriously.
first man indeed!

1 Like

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by zangiff(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
Naija doctors just they open mouth without anytin tangible coming out
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
praise the lord somebody!
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by mcnepow(m): 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
philip0906: First 2 be cured of AIDS? capital lie. . .here in Nigeria people dey
Hahahahahahaha
I don almost choke to death! grin
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by bright007(f): 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
That man still gat Aids,ťĥĕ only difference is dat d stem cells he received have made him resistant to d effect of d disease.He can infect any other healthy person with it.

4 Likes

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by AnotherOkija: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
Happy days are here agian... grin

Goodbye to condoms.. Skin diving here I come... grin
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Henry40: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tobius tobius: This is old news. The problem is, that mutation is very rare.

I'm trying to imagine if a typical igbo man has such a mutation....ewo, there's so much money to be made!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by MrAnony1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hey whatever happened to one Dr Abalaka of some years past?
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by kellyrow200(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
HE IS JUST LUCKY AND THAT DOES NOT WARRANT OTHERS TO GO FOR "SKIN TO SKIN" IF YOU TRY IT TOR OYO FOR YOU O wink
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by jbrodaly(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
mreldon: Kudos to the researchers,this is truly a plus for mankind. Yes there were stories in 1999,that one Dr Abalaka had discovered the cure and in a new magazine then he granted interviews and showed his test patients. But as I remember well he was shut down by the ministry of health(can't quite remember the minister of health then) but they claimed Dr Abalaka was a quack and didn't have sufficient empirical evidence to support his claim and that how Dr Abalaka lost everything as all his labs were even shut down. Sad but true
It is one event that occurred in naija that i will never forget.Obj even had support for the guy only to send a message from i think it was a G-8 meeting he was attending that the guy should be stopped from selling his drugs.The whole thing still surprises me till date.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by P406: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
mreldon: Kudos to the researchers,this is truly a plus for mankind. Yes there were stories in 1999,that one Dr Abalaka had discovered the cure and in a new magazine then he granted interviews and showed his test patients. But as I remember well he was shut down by the ministry of health(can't quite remember the minister of health then) but they claimed Dr Abalaka was a quack and didn't have sufficient empirical evidence to support his claim and that how Dr Abalaka lost everything as all his labs were even shut down. Sad but true

No body shut him down it just became evident to most that he was a fraud.
And truth be told ,it was all fraudulent practise.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by abugbe(m): 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
hmmmmm! Make we dey c na, bt 4 naija plenty people TBJ don heal, cure dem, n nobody hear, n wen dey man die make una still come tell us say him don ooooooooooh!
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Segunlords(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
Starting with you.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
Really, threre is no problem without solution. It's just a matter of time. Been looking forward to this kind of news so poeple living with HIV (PLWHIV) could be hopeful of permanent cure in the nearest future.. Kudos.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by kinguwem: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
With advancement in medical practice Aids shall be a foregone disease. Medical practice is still backward in Nigeria because of lack of research. The burden of HIV infection is mainly in Africa but surprisingly the western world is leading the campaign against the disease.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
bright007: That man still gat Aids,ťĥĕ only difference is dat d stem cells he received have made him resistant to d effect of d disease.He can infect any other healthy person with it.

Entirely wrong. There are no trace of the virus in his system anymore. The thing is that erythropoesis takes place in the bone marrow. The donor has a gene known as the ccr5 gene that makes the leucocytes and other components of the immune system hyperactive. The samples of the retrovirus has been completely wiped out of his system. You know what the strange thing is? He can never be infected with the virus no matter the amount of exposure to it. It has been hypothesized that quite a number of people from Europe, especially folks from Sweden have this gene. The gene came into being as a result of mutated genes that has been passed down from their foreparents. Gene most likely mutated during the black death era as a defense mechanism against the epidemic that swept across Europe.

Source: worked as a research microbiologist

1 Like

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by poweredcom(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
greenhope: There is no problem without solution in as much there is Man and God
Nigerians and over religion

Pls say there is no problem without solution in as much there is man and science ok
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
puskin: @lasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Another plus for mankind.

To early to celebrate my dear
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
bright007: That man still gat Aids,ťĥĕ only difference is dat d stem cells he received have made him resistant to d effect of d disease.He can infect any other healthy person with it.

Oh yes! You are right on point. He still got the virus but he can never develop AIDS. This iz possible because he lacks the surface receptor called CCR5 and CXR4 that are essential in the transportation of the virus into the cell. This iz a trait that he got from the bone marrow transplant. But the viruses are roamin free outside his cells. In essence, he'z a carrier. And such people are the reservoir of the virus. The virus iz incapable of mountin attack on him since it cannot enter hiz cell to couple and reinforce inorder to assault hiz system
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tyche: Happy for the man. Hope others around the globe will benefit.

No way! Bone marrow transplant iz pretty expensive procedure to perform. 90% of people living with HIV/AIDS might not afford it
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
9-zeros:
so make we start to dey do 'skin 2 skin'?

Too early bro. Stick to your latex
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tobius tobius: This is old news. The problem is, that mutation is very rare.

Old newz. I heard it first in 2009
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
crackhouse: because it came out frm the mouth of a white guy. Do u know how many blacks that have been cured of Aids?

Thank u guy....that's Africans nigerians for you and their inferiority complex. Infact must a white man's article always reach African forum frontpage? Why do we like to kiss white men's a/sses? What pains me the most is if an african should come up with any innovative idea , you won't see anyone with words of encouragement like these talkless of sighting it on an American forum. Gosh!!!! Thank God I don't lick white men's a/sses.....I hate them as a matter of fact, cos they want nothing +ve to come out of africa....mtcheew
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Tobiustobius: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
ACM10:

Oh yes! You are right on point. He still got the virus but he can never develop AIDS. This iz possible because he lacks the surface receptor called CCR5 and CXR4 that are essential in the transportation of the virus into the cell. This iz a trait that he got from the bone marrow transplant. But the viruses are roamin free outside his cells. In essence, he'z a carrier. And such people are the reservoir of the virus. The virus iz incapable of mountin attack on him since it cannot enter hiz cell to couple and reinforce inorder to assault hiz system

If the virus can't replicate, it eventually dies out, doesn't it? I mean, it's not immortal. Maybe he could be a carrier if the virus is in his bloodstream at the point of contact with another person.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
speedyboi:

Thank u guy....that's Africans nigerians for you and their inferiority complex.

True sha
speedyboi:

What pains me the most is if an african should come up with any innovative idea , you won't see anyone with words of encouragement
Not true. I have read articles on this frontpage of Africans doing things and there has been lots of encouraging words from peeps here.
speedyboi:

Thank God I don't lick white men's a/sses.....I hate them as a matter of fact#
Now we're coming to the root of ur rant. Ure just an angry bitter soul who thinks he is racist but Ive seen ur type when the whites reach out to U u will be the 1st to run into their arms. Uncle Tom ni99a

speedyboi:

cos they want nothing +ve to come out of africa....mtcheew

The way I c it even we Africans have not demonstrated any desire for anything +ive to come out of Africa.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ezechinos: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
In which country nd where is the news from

1 Like

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by dasparrow: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2012

Exactly! See how quickly Nigerians are already jubilating thinking the man cannot infect another healthy human. The strain is still in his body.

@Post

There is no total cure for HIV/AIDS. So, if you want to continue a life of promiscuity go right ahead. Also keep in mind that there are over 200 various STDs/STIs out there that a condom would not protect you from. If you doubt me, do some research. The best way to practice safe .s/e/x is to get married and stay faithful to your spouse only and your spouse should stay faithful to you. If you are married to a chronic cheat, the person will infect you with an STI sooner or later even if you have been faithful.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by ACM10: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tobius tobius:

If the virus can't replicate, it eventually dies out, doesn't it? I mean, it's not immortal. Maybe he could be a carrier if the virus is in his bloodstream at the point of contact with another person.

Yes the virus diez out since it cannot enter the cell, which it uses as its stagin point for replication and perpetuation. I omitted that part deliberately. I'm glad u pointed that out.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Toosure70: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
This is not new, i ve witness more than twelve people cured with herbs in Badagry. If you have any HIV case plz contact me: toosure70@yahoo.com. Dont die in silence.
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
crackhouse: because it came out frm the mouth of a white guy. Do u know how many blacks that have been cured of Aids?

ACcording to ur fake pastors and fake testimonies ba?
Re: Timothy Brown Cured Of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' by sleak(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
@toosure, not calling you a liar. however, it would benefit millions of humanity if they can benefit from your knowledge/source of your knowledge of a cure. undecided@toosure, not calling you a liar. however, it would benefit millions of humanity if they can benefit from your knowledge/source of your knowledge of a cure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Wearing Boxers Could Improve A Man's Sperm Count And Improve Sperm Quality / ACEGID: New COVID-19 Strain In UK Was Dectected In Nigeria As Early As August 3 / DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.