Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance (1366 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2012
In 2008, I brought a car from Lagos 2 Abuja. Left Lagos about 2pm on Friday. I arrived Abuja bÿ 11am on saturday. I HAD ORIGINAL CUSTOM PAPERS OF THE CAR AND I HAD OBTAIN NUMBER PLATES for the car from VIO Abuja before the journey so the car had FCT number plates.

It was really frightful. The problem was not with the custom guys but the black uniformed men. (am afraid to mention their names). At each check point, I gave them a minimum of N1,000 and sometimes N2,000.

My money got exhausted at about 2am saturday morning because d last check point guys said it was N2,000 or nothing or my car will not move an inch anymore. It was tough for me. It took me an hour and a half for me to part with d last money, N2,000 on me.

I was stranded but God sent an ANGEL to help me at that check point at AKURE. After I gave those guys the N2,000 on me, a soldier guy showed up and he was on his way to the north wit a van he was to deliver. That was how he volunteered to take me and my stranded car to Abuja.

So he drove my car and d funny thing was that he was still settling those guys in black uniform on the road, but not as much as I was giving them. He kept settling them with his money till we passed d states in the west. And he still bought like N4000 fuel for my car. (My own driver drove his car).When I got to Abuja I now collected money and paid him.

Just imagine what would have happened if that soldier did not show up.

It was a terrible experience for me.

Please Nairalanders, my big question is this. Do those guys that wear the black uniforms with numbers on their chest still there on d road. Cos am thinking of going to Lagos for another car.

Recently, their overall Oga asked them to vacate all checkpoints.

Thanks for ur responses. I love you all.
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by oliverdon: 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
bros yawa no dey road at all except armuu ruba but God no e children,u can only meet army in gwagwalad and after,till dey go tell u no ant will show up
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2012
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by baaliyah(m): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2012
Things have changed now. I brought a toks to Abuja from Ibadan last March with original Custom papers, i spent only N200
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks Ba_aliyah
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by DECOtech(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
bros, its no crime to buy a tokunbo car in 9ja. I have taken an unregistered car without custom papers frm lag to imo n spent only 4k on customs. if I wr in ur position, I won't spend a dime. next time, register ur vehicle with lag plates n make sure u have complete n current papers. n don't jitter in front of policemen when ur spotless. consult a legal person n learn abt ur rights as regards this issue.ur good to go.
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by femmy2010(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2012
Those days seems over now.
Thanks to the new IG's directive.
Re: Bringing Cars From Lagos 2 Abuja: BLACK UNIFORMED OFFICERS Disturbance by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
chiebube: In 2008, I brought a car from Lagos 2 Abuja. Left Lagos about 2pm on Friday. I arrived Abuja bÿ 11am on saturday. I HAD ORIGINAL CUSTOM PAPERS OF THE CAR AND I HAD OBTAIN NUMBER PLATES for the car from VIO Abuja before the journey so the car had FCT number plates.

It was really frightful. The problem was not with the custom guys but the black uniformed men. (am afraid to mention their names). At each check point, I gave them a minimum of N1,000 and sometimes N2,000.

My money got exhausted at about 2am saturday morning because d last check point guys said it was N2,000 or nothing or my car will not move an inch anymore. It was tough for me. It took me an hour and a half for me to part with d last money, N2,000 on me.

I was stranded but God sent an ANGEL to help me at that check point at AKURE. After I gave those guys the N2,000 on me, a soldier guy showed up and he was on his way to the north wit a van he was to deliver. That was how he volunteered to take me and my stranded car to Abuja.

So he drove my car and d funny thing was that he was still settling those guys in black uniform on the road, but not as much as I was giving them. He kept settling them with his money till we passed d states in the west. And he still bought like N4000 fuel for my car. (My own driver drove his car).When I got to Abuja I now collected money and paid him.

Just imagine what would have happened if that soldier did not show up.

It was a terrible experience for me.

Please Nairalanders, my big question is this. Do those guys that wear the black uniforms with numbers on their chest still there on d road. Cos am thinking of going to Lagos for another car.

Recently, their overall Oga asked them to vacate all checkpoints.

Thanks for ur responses. I love you all.

Dear Poster,
Sorry for the above ordeal. I guess is because you are not used to the road; i.e "officers". I move cars on a weekly basis from Lagos to Abuja. If you don't mind we could travel to Lagos, while I drive down with you. Or you leave the workload of moving the car to us. My car stand is beside GTB Bank, Area 3, Garki. Call us on 09-8754653, 07041909090. Expecting your call.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 / Which is better Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla / Video: Watch The Driverless Mercedes-Benz F01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.