Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal (30058 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
BetaThings:

Of course, all crooks should go to hades
But I can see that some people detest corruption the legislature and wink at dirty hands in the executive

As for landmines, there are more eggheads thinking, plotting and stirring up intrigues for GEJ than people in the House can muster
All the security agencies who can pry into anything and use any tool to plant and ferret out info are working for GEJ
My problem with GEJ is that he is too comfortable with criminals. Otedola is one
If you are clean, how can you be chummy with crooks?

Where is your proof that Otedola is a criminal?
I really hope that one day an NLer will be sued for libel.

As for those "thinking, plotting and stirring up intrigues for GEJ," they have repeatedly proven themselves to be inept; GEJ always very quietly outsmarts them. Its becoming boring now.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
Another installment...

Alleged $600,00 subsidy bribe: I never collected money from anybody - Farouk Lawan

....says video clip is a caricature meant to blackmail him
The Chairman of the House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy, Hon. Farouk Lawan, has denied media reports that a top member of the committee received $600,000 bribe from an oil marketer to influence the report.

Lawan told journalists in Abuja last night that he neither demanded nor collected money from "anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe."
In a situation where the Committee uncovered fraud over N1 trillion, Lawan said it should be expected that the powerful cabal behind the high scale corruption in the oil sector would not only fight back but would fight dirty.

Denying ever meeting the unnamed oil marketer at the Abuja airport to receive the $600,000 first installment of what was said to be a $3 million bribe, an apparently angry Lawan said he had to leave the country when pressures were coming from high quarters to doctor the report to suit certain interest.
Lawan, in a statement bearing his signature and issued to newsmen, said: "My attention has been drawn to several newspapers and Internet stories alleging that a prominent member of the House Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy demanded and received the sun of $600,000 as bribe from an oil marketer.

"I wish to categorically deny that I or any member of the committee demanded and received any bribe from anybody in connection with the fuel subsidy probe and I believe this is evident from thorough and indepth manner the investigation was carried out and the all-encompassing recommendations produced therefrom as approved by the whole House.

"The general public is hereby reminded that during and after the investigations, we have severally raised alarm on pressures on us from different quarters. In particular, I wish to refer to the front page publication in the Leadership Weekend newspaper of 28th, April, 2012 captioned "Marketers offered subsidy committee plane-load of dollars" where we alerted the public that a marketer promised to fly in a jet loaded with US dollars which he "intended to share to both the House leadership and members of the Adhoc Committee" to influence the outcome of the report.

"The clarification is necessary in order to clear all the insinuations being bandied about and more importantly to enable Government concentrate on the implementation of the report.

"The present mudslinging is not unexpected in view of the caliber of people whose actions or inactions were found wanting in the report. I am aware that in their desperation to discredit the report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale fraud in high places established in our report, a video footage displaying a caricature of my person allegedly having a dealing with a marketer reminiscent of military ear when dignitaries were invited to the Villa to watch video clip of phantom coup involving Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is already in circulation.

"I wish to assure all Nigerians that the sanctity of our reports remains unassailable and it will be in the best interest of the country if the relevant authorities faithfully and consciously implement the resolutions of the House. No amount of red-herring and cheap blackmail will affect our resolve to act in the best interest of the country with all the available information at our disposal. No doubt, the last has not been heard".
Source
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
^
"The present mudslinging is not unexpected in view of the caliber of people whose actions or inactions were found wanting in the report. I am aware that in their desperation to discredit the report and divert the attention of the public from the real issues of large scale fraud in high places established in our report, a video footage displaying a caricature of my person allegedly having a dealing with a marketer reminiscent of military ear when dignitaries were invited to the Villa to watch video clip of phantom coup involving Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is already in circulation.

"A caricature of his person!"
Damn! shocked shocked shocked

It is easy to see just how much of a criminal this Farouk Lawan is! lol!

...By the way, "a caricature of Beaf's person" made this post. grin
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
^
Farouk is basically saying there is no smoking gun.

Clearly, the cabal is going to have to adopt the nuclear option in order to contain this scandal cheesy.

A caricature is either a portrait that exaggerates or distorts the essence of a person or thing to create an easily identifiable visual likeness, or in literature, a description of a person using exaggeration of some characteristics and oversimplification of others.

Caricatures can be insulting or complimentary and can serve a political purpose or be drawn solely for entertainment. Caricatures of politicians are commonly used in editorial cartoons, while caricatures of movie stars are often found in entertainment magazines.
The term is derived from the Italian caricare: to charge or load. An early definition occurs in the English doctor Sir Thomas Browne's Christian Moral:
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Demdem(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
murtalaa: I will believe this when i see the video.

Likewise i or better still if i eventually see farouk in jail but before then will stick to this

"I wish to assure all Nigerians that the sanctity of our reports remains unassailable and it will be in the best interest of the country if the relevant authorities faithfully and consciously implement the resolutions of the House. No amount of red-herring and cheap blackmail will affect our resolve to act in the best interest of the country with all the available information at our disposal. No doubt, the last has not been heard".
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Demdem(m): 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
grin
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Demdem(m): 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
oyb: to be frank, i was mildly suspicious when neither zenon nor ap which otedola ran into the ground featured in the list of crooked marketers

since otedola gave out a bribe, what happens next?

or will this disappear like the bizarre "i accepted a bribe from mike adenuga wrt to his buying over national oil? "

meanwhile for your consumption - see the chum of our $600,000 bribery mogul and draw your own conclusions

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2012/01/femi-otedola.jpg[/img]

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/files.php?file=VICTORY__OTEDOLA_CONGRATULATING_GOODLUCK_WITH_KOLA_433082639.jpg[/img]

only the gej muppets, those smamry illiterates can try to pass otedola as a legitimate businessman

On Point. Corruption will always fight back and here we are, the real face of corruption.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by jimmayoy: 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
who is the ex head of states that forwarded the tape to the speaker?they are actually the once destroying this nation,now its becoming clearer why GEJ will not act,this is not even smart afterall.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Ogozirim: 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This source claims it's OBJ, but how does that matter?
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=32170
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 5:01am On Jun 11, 2012
eGuerrilla: ^
Farouk is basically saying there is no smoking gun.

Clearly, the cabal is going to have to adopt the nuclear option in order to contain this scandal cheesy.

Funny. So what money did he try to tender before the house?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Funny. So what money did he try to tender before the house?

Comrade, he who asserts must prove...

Surely even you understand why those of us not easily given to the lies peddled the current administration have chosen to remain circumspect? grin
One minute we were informed the exchange took place in a house, only to discover the house in question was an international airport much later in the day

He added that every approach by those who wanted to compromise his committee was reported to the leadership of the House.

“Every approach that was made, we made sure that we briefed the leadership of the House as well as the relevant committees of the House.”

Asked if he went to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport to collect money, he said categorically, “I did not go to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport or elsewhere to collect any money from anybody”
Source
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2012
^
You are not a law court, bro. So, on what basis are demanding "proof?"
It is quite presumptuous for you to ask the SSS to come and prove stuff to you. In fact, its hilarious.

You and I are mere spectators. The law will take its cause and we'll read it on the web and watch it on tele.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: ^
You are not a law court, bro. So, on what basis are demanding "proof?"
It is quite presumptuous for you to ask the SSS to come and prove stuff to you. In fact, its hilarious.

You and I are mere spectators. The law will take its cause and we'll read it on the web and watch it on tele.

For someone who impugns their political report has been exposed, I'd say you are more than a mere spectator. cheesy
Fair assessment of where you really stand nes pa?

Beaf:

They are simply trying to distract attention from the matter. Its what the pathetic lemmins exist on NL for, to lie to the gullible.
They are just like Farouk Lawan whom the are defending. Lying scum.

The Farouk Lawan was not just caught, but videotaped and the notes marked as well. He has been disgraced and their political report exposed.
Jail awaits. cool

Who knows? We might be seeing the video tapes on youtube. Lol!
[/quote]
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Where is your proof that Otedola is a criminal?
I really hope that one day an NLer will be sued for libel.

As for those "thinking, plotting and stirring up intrigues for GEJ," they have repeatedly proven themselves to be inept; GEJ always very quietly outsmarts them. Its becoming boring now.

I don't make points without reason, no matter how tempting it is
God, I beseech you let Otedola sue me
In in your infinite mercy, let that crook and criminal sue me

He would have to sue Obazee (the DG of FRC) first because Obazee told us that in the annual report of Forte Oil (AP) it was reported that
Otedola and co were allotted shares in AP and collected dividend without paying for the shares
We are talking about shares worth N24.7b here

That is by self admission
Otedola would have to sue Aviomoh, his former FD at AP, who disclosed that Otedola directed that AP's report showing a loss be doctored to show a profit

As for plotting against GEJ
I recall it was GEJ that concoted these
"Have you collected the money from Dokpesi"
"Na we do am"
"let us meet for IBB campaign office"
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2012
^
Whatever, take your matter to EFCC. This one is about Farouk Lawan's guilt.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

For someone who impugns their political report has been exposed, I'd say you are more than a mere spectator. cheesy
Fair assessment of where you really stand nes pa?

Stop being an id!ot. I won't warn you again, the game you are playing is one for fools (except you are a fool).
If you have brains, stick to the topic. If you have none, be prepared to be treated like a fool. Thank you.

Anyway, I know you are losing the argument and lack the intellect to marshall one; thats the reason for the cheap dodge.

Farouk Lawan was caught on video and audio recordings transacting an extortion. Kill yourself if that fact is too painful for you and other false preachers of concern for Nigeria. You are a mere counterfeit and defender of thieves as your foolish post shows.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf:

Stop being an id!ot. I won't warn you again, the game you are playing is one for fools (except you are a fool).
If you have brains, stick to the topic. If you have none, be prepared to be treated like a fool. Thank you.

Anyway, I know you are losing the argument and lack the intellect to marshall one; thats the reason for the cheap dodge.

Farouk Lawan was caught on video and audio recordings transacting an extortion. Kill yourself if that fact is too painful for you and other false preachers of concern for Nigeria. You are a mere counterfeit and defender of thieves as your foolish post shows.

Perfectly understandable how one who is tasked with dowsing fire on behalf of unscrupulous characters will get hot under the collar once his real image gets reflected back at him. It is perfectly in tune with your online-character

It is you, comrade, who lacks the ethical fortitude to comment objectively on these boards, having long aligned yourself with angels of darkness.

Lawan can stew if found guilty for all I care. This much is the least those who come to equity with clean hands ought to demand.

What is your locus standi, comrade?
Less me take a wild guess: the political report which implicates your benefactor's co-travelers needs to be canned grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2012
Beaf: ^
Whatever, take your matter to EFCC. This one is about Farouk Lawan's guilt.

There is no use reporting Otedola to EFCC
His criminal activities in AP (or Forte Oil) were reported to Oteh, she sat on it!
What is the message we are getting?
Don't be corrupt if you are not part of or close to the executive
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 10:14am On Jun 11, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Perfectly understandable how one who is tasked with dowsing fire on behalf of unscrupulous characters will get hot under the collar once his real image gets reflected back at him. It is perfectly in tune with your online-character

It is you, comrade, who lacks the ethical fortitude to comment objectively on these boards, having long aligned yourself with angels of darkness.

Lawan can stew if found guilty for all I care. This much is the least those who come to equity with clean hands ought to demand.

What is your locus standi, comrade?
Less me take a wild guess: the political report which implicates your benefactor's co-travelers needs to be canned grin

At last you've betrayed yourself as the earthworm you are. Lol!
If you like hang yourself. [size=14pt]Your uncle Farouk Lawan has been caught on video.[/size]

I'll give you a lil help, fool:

[img]http://4.bp..com/_3-h7k_OIJk0/TJzlkYAhGSI/AAAAAAAADLc/SjQjaplnipk/s1600/noose1.jpg[/img]

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 10:22am On Jun 11, 2012
BetaThings:

There is no use reporting Otedola to EFCC
His criminal activities in AP (or Forte Oil) were reported to Oteh, she sat on it!
What is the message we are getting?
Don't be corrupt if you are not part of or close to the executive

Well, I don't know about that.
I keep saying the one thing that you guys never say:
The only way to cure this nation off corruption, is to totally uproot the system, tear up the current constitution and write one that is based on true federalism. That is the only way we can have accountability, every other approach is a waste of energy.

In the current system; your LG boss is responsible to your governor and your governor, reps and senators are responsible to Abuja. Where does that leave you? Nobody gives a phuck whether yo exist or not in the present system. You are not even a number.
Strangely, people are scared to leave the present arrangement, because of awuf. I ask, what if we had no oil for awuf?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=Beaf]

At last you've betrayed yourself as the earthworm you are. Lol!
If you like hang yourself. [size=14pt]Your uncle Farouk Lawan has been caught on video.[/size]

I'll give you a lil help, fool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1IAUcw9RI
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by MDYA: 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
jamace: "When you fight corruption, corruption fights you back", this is what is going on now.

Nigerians know what is happening so one can fool us to believe this trash. The aim is to smear the image of the amiable Farouk since he refused to mellow down the subsidy report.

Take ur time and read this up.
'I gave Farouk Lawan $620,000 bribe' – Zenon boss, Femi Otedola
Farouk Lawan, the chairman of the House of Representative ad-hoc committee on fuel subsidy, yesterday debunked allegations that he demanded and received bribe from an oil company involved in the fuel subsidy scam. He said the allegations was an attempt to stop the implementation of the report of the just concluded investigation. Well, now the CEO of the oil company involved, Mr Femi Otedola of Zenon Oil, has come out to say he actually did give Lawan $620, 000, which was part payment of the $3million the Federal lawmaker had demanded from him to exonerate Zenon Oil. The full report when you continue...

In an exclusive interview with THISDAY, chairman, Zenon Petroleum & Gas Ltd, Mr. Femi Otedola, who hitherto was suspected of being behind the $3 million bribery scandal, blew the lid on what transpired and how chairman of the ad-hoc committee, Hon. Farouk Lawan, and the secretary of the committee, Mr. Boniface Emenalo, had collected $620,000 from him in a sting operation masterminded by the security agencies.

The amount was part payment for the $3 million, which he alleged Lawan had demanded from him to exonerate Zenon Oil from the ad-hoc committee’s report.

As the scandal unfolds, it was learnt that operatives of the State Security Services have sent a video recording of the incident to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for further scrutiny and action.

Otedola, who was opening up on the issue for the first time, narrated how Lawan at the outset of the probe had approached him to get some insight into the workings of the downstream oil and gas sector.
Otedola said he obliged him and ensured that his managing directors of Forte Oil Plc and Zenon Oil appeared at the subsidy probe during its public hearing after both companies had been invited by the committee.
During the probe, he said the committee was informed in no uncertain terms that Zenon does not and has never made claims for subsidy payments from the federal government, as the company was engaged solely in the importation of diesel, a product that is not subsidised.

Zenon’s managing director, Mr. Kanmi Kareem Otaru, during the probe had denied that the company had anything to do with the subsidy regime. He told the committee, “For the avoidance of doubt Zenon never participated or benefited from the subsidy scheme or Petroleum Support Fund (PSF).”

According to him, going by the Act which established the PSF scheme, “Zenon couldn’t participate in it because we don’t have a network of PMS retail outlets which was one of the key criteria beneficiaries must meet and as such we are not qualified to participate to draw from subsidy payments on PMS. So we never collected as records will show.”

Irrespective of the clarification made at the hearing, Otedola said Lawan still approached him a few days before the report was to be tabled on April 18, 2012 before the House of Representatives, demanding money so that Zenon’s name will be kept out of the report.

“When this happened, I was very angry and reminded him that Zenon has never participated in the subsidy scheme and that it would be criminal to rope in the company for something it did not do.
“But Lawan responded, stating that several other marketers were playing ball and had offered the members of the committee large sums of money to ensure that their companies’ names were not published in the report,” he added.

Otedola, said initially he balked at Lawan’s attempt to extort money from him and told the legislator that he would not pay up, as Zenon had not committed any crime.
“Then a day before the report was to be submitted, Lawan called again, informing me that Zenon’s name had been included in the report.

“I, of course, was very angry and asked him to desist from his course of action, but Lawan insisted that I must pay up as other oil marketers had done before me.”

Otedola said he could not believe his eyes the next day when the report came out and Zenon’s name had been listed under the category of companies that had bought foreign exchange from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) but had not imported petrol.
The amount ascribed to Zenon in the report was $232,975,385.13. The report had recommended that Zenon and 14 other marketers that had bought the foreign exchange be referred to the anti-corruption agencies to determine what they used the monies for.

Otedola said at this point he again called Lawan demanding that Zenon’s name be removed from the list, as there was no way his company could have bought that volume of foreign exchange without importing products.

“I reminded him that the amount ascribed to Zenon was wrong as what the company bought was over $400 million for importation of products through the banks – Zenith, UBA and GTB – and that under Sanusi (CBN governor) there was no way anyone could have bought that quantity of foreign exchange and not imported the products having filled the Form M.

“Sanusi will simply clamp down on anyone who tries to pull that kind of stunt,” he said.
In spite of this, Otedola said Lawan still demanded that the members of the committee be given money in exchange for removing Zenon’s name from the report before it is considered in plenary by the entire House.
Otedola said he then asked how much would be required to make the committee happy, to which Lawan responded $3 million.

“I screamed at him, demanding to know why he was doing this to me. All he said was other marketers were paying up to keep their names out of the report so I should do likewise,” he said.
Otedola revealed that it was this point he decided to involve the security agencies to catch Lawan and his committee with their hands in the till.

According to him, “As a law-abiding citizen, I decided to involve the security agencies and they advised me to play along, which prompted me to offer to pay part of the money with the promise that I would pay the balance when my company’s name had been removed from the report.”
The security agencies, he disclosed, gave him serialised dollar bills for the sting job and there are call logs, video and audio recordings in the possession of the agencies to confirm all that had transpired between himself and Lawan.

He said on April 21, the Saturday before the plenary, Lawan came in person to his residence and collected $250,000 in cash, as the first instalment, “then the next Monday night he came and collected another $250,000.
“On Tuesday, at 9am, just before the House commenced seating, Boniface came and collected another $120,000.”
Otedola confirmed that during the sting, Lawan and Boniface collected a total of $620,000 in three instalments as part of the $3 million demanded from him.
He added that with the $620,000 that had been extorted by Lawan and the committee, during the plenary, Zenon’s name was removed from the list of companies that had bought foreign exchange but did not import products.
Otedola continued: “He (Lawan) now asked for the balance of $2.5 million, but when I told him that I had no money now that the money was in Lagos, he suggested that I should charter a plane to fly the money from Lagos to Abuja.”
Otedola stressed that his decision to get the law enforcement and security agencies involved stemmed from the fact that he had not broken any law, maintaining that as a law-abiding citizen, he was saddened by the fact that he was being blackmailed by of all people, members of the legislature.
“If you have information that an armed robber is come to raid your home, won’t you notify the police? So, that was the purpose of the sting operation.
“Besides, my integrity is paramount to me. I started selling petroleum products 14 years ago in drums and somebody who has never run a petrol station is trying to blackmail and extort money from me.
“If others (marketers) have paid money, maybe they are guilty. But I did not do anything wrong, so why should they extort money from me? As a law-abiding citizen, I had to involve the security agencies. Indeed, I’m very disappointed because I have worked hard to build my business.”
Insisting that he had nothing to hide or fear over what had happened, Otedola maintained if he was in the wrong he would not have involved the security agencies in the first instance.
In a reference to the strong denials made by Lawan since the scandal became public, Otedola stated, “When he (Lawan) demanded the bribe, I called the agencies. That is because I had nothing to hide. When the bribe was paid, why did he not call and report it to the agencies if he had nothing to.”
Meanwhile, THISDAY gathered that the videotape of the illicit transaction had been sent to the EFCC to investigate the incident.

Culled from Thisday
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by UyiIredia(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
My Bible tells me that there is nothing hidden under the sun. Whoever is behind all this will surely be revealed and brought to justice.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 1:31am On Jun 12, 2012
Beaf:

Well, I don't know about that.
I keep saying the one thing that you guys never say:
The only way to cure this nation off corruption, is to totally uproot the system, tear up the current constitution and write one that is based on true federalism. That is the only way we can have accountability, every other approach is a waste of energy.

In the current system; your LG boss is responsible to your governor and your governor, reps and senators are responsible to Abuja. Where does that leave you? Nobody gives a phuck whether yo exist or not in the present system. You are not even a number.
Strangely, people are scared to leave the present arrangement, because of awuf. I ask, what if we had no oil for awuf?
You are not saying anything new to me
Left to me, we should cap the oil wells save what we need to import drugs
Oil has deadened our brain
We need to wake up!

In a poor country, school children are using blackberry
People who cannot solve Pythagoras theorem, whose country cannot manufacture a radio say they cannot use Chinese phone (which may come with radio, TV and of course other telephone functionalities)
Yet their country has a satellite which is 100% Chinese
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2012
BetaThings:

I don't make points without reason, no matter how tempting it is
God, I beseech you let Otedola sue me
In in your infinite mercy, let that crook and criminal sue me

He would have to sue Obazee (the DG of FRC) first because Obazee told us that in the annual report of Forte Oil (AP) it was reported that
Otedola and co were allotted shares in AP and collected dividend without paying for the shares
We are talking about shares worth N24.7b here

That is by self admission
Otedola would have to sue Aviomoh, his former FD at AP, who disclosed that Otedola directed that AP's report showing a loss be doctored to show a profit

As for plotting against GEJ
I recall it was GEJ that concoted these
"Have you collected the money from Dokpesi"
"Na we do am"
"let us meet for IBB campaign office"

Wao, i can still remember this vividly. This otedola is a criminal oooo. can the words of a criminal like Otedola be admisible in a law court?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Demdem(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2012

Exactly, but is the Retardeen, my president interested in doing this at all. of cos, the answer is No. he is interested in making sure the status quo remains. he is definately part of our current problem.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by oneeast2: 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
How far?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by chudionu58(f): 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
How far?
untimely death of course! The accused have since decamped to the APC so what do you expect? Thunderous silence from the noisy critics... I wan rule Nigeria my foot!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by chudionu58(f): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
How far?
untimely death of course! The accused have since decamped to the APC so what do you expect? Thunderous silence from the noisy critics...I wan rule Nigeria my foot!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by oneeast2: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
9ja.. grin

chudionu58:
untimely death of course! The accused have since decamped to the APC so what do you expect? Thunderous silence from the noisy critics...I wan rule Nigeria my foot!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
chudionu58:
what is this One yapping about? So APC now offers immunity from persecution? I have never seen this kind of reasoning before o!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by chudionu58(f): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2014
nchewi:
what is this One yapping about? So APC now offers immunity from persecution? I have never seen this kind of reasoning before o!
Lol... of course he's now a saint, that's why Falana,Jaiye Gaskiya,and of course the incorruptible Dino Melaiye have all gone deaf and dumb, no propaganda! no protest!! How do you expect us to be carried along on that issue. #Selective Whistleblowing #APC blooded activists

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021 / Were They Expecting Us To Be persuaded By Social Media? - Justice Yusuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.