Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal (30059 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Iliveon: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2012
I feel so disapointed by this revelation...I pray it not true.Can we ask ourselves some salient questions?Was this the reason why OBJ said the NA is full of theives?If its true that FL collected that sum and did not report,can we conclude then that he is a thief?Why would Otedola offer him a bribe if not that there is plot to discredit subsidy report.Has this revelation take the substance of d subsidy report?Why has the government not take swift action on the report since?so many questions so many question.I pray the ordinary Nigerians recover from all these madness going on this country.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2012
Do we chastise one corrupt person and defend another thief?
Farouk Lawan took bribe - no doubt. SO he is a thief
But what about Otedola? What is the purpose of bribing Lawan?
His company's name was originally on the list of people who bought forex without bringing in fuel
His company was exonerated by Lawan during the discussion of the report on the floor of the House
So if Otedola's name was there and Lawan took this bribe to remove it, why is Otedola squealing on Lawan?
Does he want his company's name to go back there? Or does he want to avoid paying the balance of $2.4m
Where did he get the fancy stuff (marked notes, pen video recorder etc)
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maasoap(m): 8:44am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Can anyone educate you on this or it meant for Beaf ? 1. Inflation is economics terms 2. Subsidy fraud is second reason, and its for that fraud that the Reps Panel headed by the thievery Faroul Lawan was set up to unravel the people who received fraudulent subsidy, and Farouk Lawan TOOK BRIBE and conceal the information. FAROUK LAWAN is an enemy of the Nigerian Masses for taking blood bribe.
No, Farouk is not an enemy of Nigerians or masses but people like you are. You even talked about inflation as if it was difficult for you to understand. What was exchange rate under Obj, and then under Yar'dua? Then what was exchange rate last year? BTW, Beaf and Billyonaire are the same person.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by nuclearboy(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2012
By the way, my prayer includes Buhari too (if he did join them in looting Nigeria) and my own fatherbecause Beaf will now say I "like" Buhari or excluded anyone!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2012

THE CONMAN "BORN2RULE" CABAL REP, TOOK BRIBE AND DECEIVED OVER 150 MILLION NIGERIANS
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2012
nuclearboy: By the way, my prayer includes Buhari too (if he did join them in looting Nigeria) and my own fatherbecause Beaf will now say I "like" Buhari or excluded anyone!
AMEN TO THAT TOO, I KEEP WONDERING WHAT AN OLD GOAT WANT IN ASO ROCK WHEN HE MAY NOT HAVE 8 MORE YRS TO LIVE. OH, I FORGOT, TO RENEW THE LICENCES (OPL) OF THE OIL BLOCS (EXPIRING BETWEEN 2016-2019), 85% OF WHICH ARE OWNED BY THE NORTHERNERS, IT WONT WORK!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2012
2nd Bass...

The Liberty Report has been informed by a whistle blower that the ongoing saga involving an alleged collection of $600,000 deposit in a $3m bribe of a key figure involved in the task of unraveling the unprecedented theft of subsidy money by members of the cabal was a carefully choreographed stratagem by members of the cabal with close connection to the presidency.

Hon. Farouk Lawan… targeted for fighting corruption

According to the whistle blower, the goal is to force Farouk Lawan and his committee to abandon their push for the implementation of the findings of the ad-hoc committee on subsidy management.

The source added that the “powers that be” had two different strategies against the report. He said their first option was to get notable and highly respected members of the Northern oligarchs to persuade Farouk to drop his insistence on the implementation of the report but that if that failed, they would then go straight for his reputation.

The source explained that once they damage his reputation, it would be difficult for the ad-hoc committee to pursue the agenda of full implementation of the subsidy probe report. Among the findings of the Farouk-led committee was that despite the fact that only N400 billion was appropriated for payment of oil subsidy in 2011, nearly two trillion naira was stolen by those variously described as members of an oil cabal who have been alleged to have close links to Ministers and the presidency.

The $600,000 bribe was supposed to be the first instalment of the $3million allegedly offered to be paid by an oil magnate ostensibly to compromise the work of the committee.

The oil magnate was alleged to have secretly recorded the transaction with the aide of a pen recorder.

The representative targeted by the scheme is expected to fully open up in a matter of days because of his hard-earned integrity.

Meanwhile some members of the House of Reps have revealed that the whole scheme appears strongly to have been sponsored by the PDP and the Presidency. A member said “this is why it was painful to us when senior government official and top officers of the PDP came to the House to meet with us to conceal it. They were behaving as if it was the government that sent the oil magnate to offer the bribe to the key figure in our committee.

Another member of the House chipped in: “To worsen the matter, a top government official, who had played a crucial role in the Senate in the past, came to douse the tension in the House over the matter. The PDP leadership also intervened.

“Then, we became curious about their business in this matter. They said the affected oil baron is very close to the government and he had donated to the PDP presidential campaign in 2011.

A principal officer of the House said: “I think we have reached a stage where the affected committee member may speak out. He has repeatedly maintained that he got the bribe money to serve as evidence.

“Do not forget that even when the committee was sitting, he had repeatedly raised the alarm that there were attempts to either bribe or scandalize him.

“So, he has a lot to tell the nation too. But the PDP leadership is asking him to keep quiet.”

The House of Representatives through the Chairman of its Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Zakari Muhammed, officially reacted yesterday.

Mr. Muhammed, in a statement said: “The attention of the House of Representatives has been drawn to reports alleging that one of its members, has in the course of his committee work as a member of the ad hoc committee which investigated the subsidy regime, allegedly received a gratification from an oil baron to exonerate his companies from complicity in the oil subsidy scam.

“While we await investigation into these weighty accusations, we wish to state without equivocation that this House will never take sides with corruption and we will always stand on the side of the rule of law.

The reason we inaugurated the ad hoc committee to look into the controversial subsidy regime in the first place was to expose corruption in the sector, as such, we cannot, for whatever reason, support any underhand dealing from any quarter.

“However, these accusations, whatever their merits, do not detract from the quality of the work done by the committee. The report of that committee was adopted by the whole House and we stand by the resolutions of the House.

“The present House of Representatives will not relent in its efforts to render quality legislation and oversight functions to Nigerians. Today, we are gradually beginning to see the end of this monstrosity that has bedevilledSTO our progress as a nation for so long.

“We hope that the Executive will not, because of this allegation, abandon its commitment towards bringing to justice, the culprits already identified in the committee’s report.”
Source
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2012
eGuerrilla: 2nd Bass...

Source
Your Source is as speculate as your bow legs
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2012
The probe was informed by the government's claim that spending N1.3t on subsidy was not sustaianable
So who spent trillions on subsidy - That is Jonathan's government based on a budget of N245b
How far back should the probe go?
When we were spending N600b all within budget?
Or when the government spent more than N1tr of unbudgeted money?
Of course, the latter

A probe can go back to 1958 in theory
But can we get evidence?
How long will that take to conclude?
What will be the benefit? What can we learn from and act upon?

And what brought the January crisis about?
If Tambuwal and Lawan targeted GEJ's administration, what is the fear if the government is clean?
Afterall Road Safety people do not examine documents of all vehicles - they take a sample. If I happen to be pulled over, if my driver's licence and documents are ok, why should I talk about discrimination
If my neighbour does not have documents, I can tip of FRSC after clearing my name
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2012
Fresh scandal brews over Farouk Lawan’s $600,000 bribery scandal
On June 9, 2012 · In News
11:06 am
Email12

BY OKEY NDIRIBE AND EMMAN OVUAKPORIE

ABUJA-There are indications that fresh trouble is brewing at the House of Representatives over allegations that Chairman of the House’s Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy Hon. Farouk Lawan was involved in a bribery scandal worth $600,000 last month.

Already there are speculations that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have invited Hon Lawan over the bribery allegation which sources say have already resulted in the Speaker of the House Hon. Aminu Tambuwal disowning the legislator over the messy incident.

It was gathered that Tambuwal had confronted Lawan over the issue in a meeting of Principal officers of the House where the Chairman of the Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy was summoned to defend himself over the allegation.

Sources said that Hon. Lawan had initially denied the allegation when it was put to him by the Speaker but froze in shock when he was confronted with details of what transpired at the address where officials of an unnamed oil company had given him the huge amount of foreign currency which had been marked.

It was further gathered that unknown to Hon Lawan, the entire incident was recorded by video after which copies were sent to a former Head of State who handed it over to Tambuwal.

It would be recalled that in the wake of the controversy that was generated over the Federal Government’s planned total withdrawal of subsidy from petroleum products last January, the House of Representatives set up the Adhoc Committee to probe how the subsidy fund that was appropriated by the National Assembly in the past had been disbursed.

Among the findings of the House was that despite the fact that only N400 billion was appropriated for payment of oil subsidy in 2011, over one trillion naira was spent. It was also alleged that a lot of the payments were made to phoney companies.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/fresh-scandal-brews-over-farouk-lawans-600000-bribery-scandal/
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Your Source is as speculate as your bow legs

Says he who mortgaged his soul to drink septic waste oozing from a highly discredited administration.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: AMEN, But lets start with who we have caught on video tape, abi no be so ?

This allegation better be true or the consequences for GEJ will be dire. So a man of Otedola's stature will be used for a sting operation? Is Otedola that stupid knowing he still has more business relationship to savour with various interests. Why did he have to do it personally? I hope this is not another "na we do am, come pay us our balance"
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Saifullah01: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2012
what amazes me is the speed and zeal the administration is showing to bungle faruk and by extension the committee report, yet we see no such zeal in the investigation of the oil theft when the initial report surfaced, neither have we seen such zeal with dana air crash ivestigation, BH bombings, mallabu scandal, pension scam e.t.c

but we see the sss throwing everything but the kitchen sink at faruk lawan: micro recording gadgets, video pen, call logs retrival and so on. why havent they deployed all this assets with similar verocity on other curruption cases? THIS GOVT IS A JOKE

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2012
ping pong:

This allegation better be true or the consequences for GEJ will be dire. So a man of Otedola's stature will be used for a sting operation? Is Otedola that stupid knowing he still has more business relationship to savour with various interests. Why did he have to do it personally? I hope this is not another "na we do am, come pay us our balance"
The video will soon come to Youtube, let the security operatives do their jobs first. Contrary to view, Otedola, didnt beg to bribe, it was your honourables that contacted him to receive bribe and cover him up, he then informed the SSS and they decided to videotape the session.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Says he who mortgaged his soul to drink septic waste oozing from a highly discredited administration.
What do you stand for ? You are known for not having a sold stand on issues, you are easily swerved by winds of opinions.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by pingpong1: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: The video will soon come to Youtube, let the security operatives do their jobs first. Contrary to view, Otedola, didnt beg to bribe, it was your honourables that contacted him to receive bribe and cover him up, he then informed the SSS and they decided to videotape the session.

I am not saying Otedola offered the "bribe". My concern is why he had to personally get involved in the "exchange" of cash. I am just looking at the damage to his reputation that's all. You know there is a saying that there should be honour amongst thieves. Hope we have credible evidence at the end.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by hassey(m): 9:29am On Jun 10, 2012
Naija gov‘t ar treekish first it was bukola saraki simply because he raised d motion of d subsidy probe and nw lawan jst because he xpose d subsidy scander. Nw our so call corupt effc went after lawan, wat av d so call effc doin since subsidy report was published. One tin 4 sure is federal gov‘t is tryg to divert ppls attentions 4rm d report. Only god knws wher badluck jonahfraud is taken us to.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: What do you stand for ? You are known for not having a sold stand on issues, you are easily swerved by winds of opinions.

I recognise your modus operandi, so can see clearly that you are trying to pigeon-hole me into a box you think fits. cheesy

You think we don't know the one who pays for your services also calls the tune? Lol

Just so you know, some of us are not so easily fooled by your antics around these parts.
We know you are well versed in subterfuge and understand the approach you take to probity whenever it concerns the current government.

The fingers of a man who has only nine shall not be counted in present - not today anyway, not just yet grin
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2012
ping pong:

I am not saying Otedola offered the "bribe". My concern is why he had to personally get involved in the "exchange" of cash. I am just looking at the damage to his reputation that's all. You know there is a saying that there should be honour amongst thieves. Hope we have credible evidence at the end.
He has no damage at all, after all, he was already accused of wrong doing and is still accused, but he had to tell the SSS, look guyz, these "honourables" are asking me to bribe them.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2012
eGuerrilla:

I recognise your modus operandi, so can see clearly that you are trying to pigeon-hole me into a box you think fits. cheesy

You think we don't know the one who pays for your services also calls the tune? Lol

Just so you know, some of us are not so easily fooled by your antics around these parts.
We know you are well versed in subterfuge and understand the approach you take to probity whenever it concerns the current government.

The fingers of a man who has only nine shall not be counted in present - not today anyway, not just yet grin

I did not put you in a box, I am a great fan of your comic relieves, I am only magnifying your inert nature of not having a stand on issues, and any of your glorified fans have noticed that too. That being said, Bribe is bad, its what rotten the entire country, Farouk has just abused us as Nigerian populace, we needed to know the truth, and he went asking for $3m bribe, isnt that awkward, comical eGuerilla ?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Alxmyr(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2012
bobolic: BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU LIKE PEOPLE. I KNOW THAT LITTLE MAN TOOK BRIBE FROM NO ONE. HE HAS NO NEED TO. IN THE FIRST PLACE, NORTHERN LEADERS DO NO WORSHIP MONEY. THEY LOVE POWER. SECONDLY, AS ONE OF FEW MEMBERS TO HAVE MADE IT 4 TIMES TO THE HOUSE, THE MAN HAS ALL HE EVER WANTED.HAS OTEH TAUGHT US TO RUBBISH ALL THE LEADERS OF OUR PROBES?

You need money to get power. The basic line is he collected bribe. Simple. No defence for such impunity.

Remember the same Farouk Lawan led the impeachment of Patricia Etteh for offence that she allegedly plan to commit.
While, he was busy collecting kick backs.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: I did not put you in a box, I am a great fan of your comic relieves, I am only magnifying your inert nature of not having a stand on issues, and any of your glorified fans have noticed that too. That being said, Bribe is bad, its what rotten the entire country, Farouk has just abused us as Nigerian populace, we needed to know the truth, and he went asking for $3m bribe, isnt that awkward, comical eGuerilla ?

Comrade, call it is a case of he who dares win, if you will.
I really don't mind.

See, just as you have perfected a particular method (read [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Descartes/]Descartes[/url]), I have also perfected mine.
I provide information that can often be regarded as the inconvenient truth, without engaging in the infantile mudfests that obtains around these parts grin

Of course, receiving a bribe is bad, but so also is giving it in the first instance, dig?

I am no apologist for Lawan and would sooner string him on a hook if found guilty.
Can you say the same about your principal, what with having nailed your colours to a particular mast?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by 5columnist: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2012
@Beaf, you are always on point...we have become blinded by the bites of boko haram and there is band wagon effect from it that presents Gej as weak but that is not the true representation of fact. Nigerians forgetc quickly why we are all in this mess today. Jonathan did not govern this country in the last 50 years. The north did. period. Gej is only cleaning up their mess and they are crying foul but violently and otherwise. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Comrade, call it is a case of he who dares win, if you will.
I really don't mind.

See, just as you have perfected a particular method (read [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Descartes/]Descartes[/url]), I have also perfected mine.
I provide information that can often be regarded as the inconvenient truth, without engaging in the infantile mudfests that obtains around these parts grin

Of course, receiving a bribe is bad, but so also is giving it in the first instance, dig?

I am no apologist for Lawan and would sooner string him on a hook if found guilty.
so called, Can you say the same about your principal, what with having nailed your colours to a particular mast?
If you have any accusations against so called "My Masters" Our Presidency and you have an evidence, then bring it forth and lets trash it right here bro, but I think you should congratulate Otedola, who, when asked for Bribe, went to the authorities, whether he is guilty or yet to be found guilty or innocent was supposed to be known from the Farouk Committee, and he went ahead to show us who his "Born2rule" masters are ? Say the truth and shame the devil in us, we are supposed to be mad at Farouk for delaying what would have been a great oppoortunity to indict the people you call my so called "Masters"; but as far as I am, and would be, my stand is not for sale, I am a very comfortable Nigerian and am 100% self-made. I take no kickbacks like Farouk Lawan and I am not interested in Political office.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: If you have any accusations against "My Masters" Our Presidency and you have an evidence, then bring it forth and lets trash it right here bro, but I think you should congratulate Otedola, who, when asked for Bribe, went to the authorities, whether he is guilty or yet to be found guilty or innocent was supposed to be known from the Farouk Committee, and he went ahead to show us who his "Born2rule" masters are ? Say the truth and shame the devil in us, we are supposed to be mad at Farouk for delaying what would have been a great oppoortunity to indict the people you call my "Masters"; but as far as I am, and would be, my stand is not for sale, I am a very comfortable Nigerian and am 100% self-made. I take no kickbacks like Farouk Lawan and I am not interested in Political office.

The emboldened portion of your post induced so much laughter, that I am unlikely to recover from the resultant spasms for some time

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL4n6OaFZtuF7TNSFaJpwLxWgKbvJ8mjZMNohHDwG7qXTxbruOvw[/img]
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2012
eGuerrilla:

The emboldened portion of your post induced so much laughter, that I am unlikely to recover from the resultant spasms for some time

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL4n6OaFZtuF7TNSFaJpwLxWgKbvJ8mjZMNohHDwG7qXTxbruOvw[/img]
I pity your doggy naivety ? You need to go back to ABC and learn what is called Oxymoron, you are not supposed to comment, cos you are not lettered. Half-illiteracy is worst than ignorance, try and read the entire write-up and dont ever try to decode full meaning from a clause or phrase in a sentence. Son of Satan
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: I pity your doggy naivety ? You need to go back to ABC and learn what is called Oxymoron, you are not supposed to comment, cos you are not lettered. Half-illiteracy is worst than ignorance, try and read the entire write-up and dont ever try to decode full meaning from a clause or phrase in a sentence. Son of Satan

When all else fails, start throwing crockery all over the place since this is really what you are paid to do.

One has got to feel some pity for you, given the moral vacuousness that must puts you in a very dark place of limitless self-doubt.
These familiar words have been written before by your other moniker: "I am a very comfortable Nigerian and am 100% self-made" grin
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by guonno: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2012
Am not a GEJ fan! This administration is not the most curropt. The difference between this administration and others is that in the past admin, nigeians were less concerned of the activities of our leaders unlike in this admin were all niger people seek for the truth at evry cost. Remember the internet use got to its peak. Remember the freedom of speech stufs? Its in this administration that people could easily say what they saw and not what people want them to say.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2012
ping pong:

Otedola has no reputation to protect. Unless you mean unsavoury reputation
He was accused of doctoring AP's (now Forte Oil) report from loss into profit
He was accused of taking AP (Forte Oil) shares of N25 without paying for it
Yet he collected dividend on the shares
The only thing Otedola did was to use the police to detain his accuser. He did not respond to the allegations

At the Town Hall meeting, Obaigbena referred to him as "one of the beneficiaries of the subsidy", Otedola laughed
When the same was said of Oando, the strenuously denied it, insisting that the subsidy make them whole, enabling them to recover the cost of bringing in the goods
Otedola is basically shameless

He is into this for his Oga, they don't deny accusations, they don't go to court - they only show that they are not the only ones in the mud

http://www.proshareng.com/news/17300
"Jim Obazee, executive secretary of the FRC who spoke with a select group of journalists in Lagos said Forte Oil plc was also being indicted for allotting 102 million shares valued at N24.7 billion to certain shareholders during the company’s hybrid offer (public and rights issues) in 2008.

He explained that the share holders did not only refuse to pay for the shares but also received dividends to the tune of N259 million as shareholders on the shares, which they later dumped."
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by novaman: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2012
I decided to wait this long to respond, and I will go straight to the point;

PRO-GEJ SUPPORTERS: to all those who are in support of PDP and GEJ, I want you to know that in a normal society GEJ is fried, Otedola who is obviously GEJ's friend trying to soil the hands of FL, his he trying to tell the world the oil guys did nothing wrong? GEJ has also been quite about this, but he has been very powerful when fighting the masses and this corrupt less than 2% Nigerian cabal walk freely; As I type I feel like crying its so painful.

PRO-GEJ OPPOSITIONS: some of you are too one sided in trying to differentiate your positions, we need to stand in the middle in this matter to be able to see what is happening, Otedola! very funny, so even if those in the subsidy probe are criminals who collects bribe, maybe the government create a law that will ensure that any government criminals are sent to 150 years imprisonment, because when you consider the lives and properties that are destroyed as a result of their criminality; people died in the subsidy protest, these guys are nothing thinking or worried about it.

MY POSITION: I might be wrong but GEJ is very weak on corruption, the Opposition leaders are even weaker, so sad. Otedola and the rest who go about bribing people can bribe almost anybody even the EFCC, the Judge, the NASS and government officials, so who will now save us from these criminals... lets keep God out of this for a moment because we are too quick to forget about his the moment the news dies. GEJ in my view is the most powerful president in the continent of Africa, yet he is finding it difficult to handle this 2% criminals, is Otedola, Farouq, OBJ and the rest now power than the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? some pastors will say "get angry in the spirit" maybe GEJ should get angry in governance and act against this criminals for once before they get tired and attack him when he least effected. Bribe giver and taker are one and the same, these people are anti-people and they will bring this nation down, we need to look into the matter critically and not allow those criminals deceive us with their politricks. GEJ should act now and stop creating room for those criminals to thrive, the criminals in question are all from the same political party so who is fooling who.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2012
guonno: Am not a GEJ fan! This administration is not the most curropt. The difference between this administration and others is that in the past admin, nigeians were less concerned of the activities of our leaders unlike in this admin were all niger people seek for the truth at evry cost. Remember the internet use got to its peak. Remember the freedom of speech stufs? Its in this administration that people could easily say what they saw and not what people want them to say.

Stop allowing people to deceive you
Jonathan signed the bill, minimum wage etc because elections were near
Has he paid the minimum wage? As at Dec he had not paid
How much information do you get from this government?
This government that is ready to quickly put videos on youtube - before the video is presented in court - said the subsidy report "has not been received, it is an allegation, we need to investigate it etc"

Nigerians are more enlightened and sensitive to what happens around the world, not that GEJ administration is more transparent
Has Jonathan made his asset declaration public since Yaradua died?

This is transparency
http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/formal_reports.cfm
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2012
i have sinned and washed the video clip,it is true lawan farouk tooked the money. Log on to www.ojuolere.com to wash the video clip. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.