Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,031 members, 7,845,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal (30107 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 1:26am On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo: una no dey sleep for naija again? Lawan is somewhere doing Alhaji Alhaji Alhaji!!!!!!

Lol! grin
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 1:28am On Jun 10, 2012
I posted this, before the interuption by some unbalanced clown:

[size=14pt]Subsidy probe: How SSS burst $3m bribery scandal •Oil chief used pen recorder to nail Rep •We won’t side with corruption - House[/size]
Written by Taiwo Adisa, Abuja Sunday, 10 June 2012

FURTHER details emerged at the weekend on the process through which the State Security Services (SSS) burst the $3 million bribery scandal currently ravaging the House of Representatives adhoc committee which probed the fuel subsidy regime. Investigations by Sunday Tribune confirmed that the Service had been on the trail of all parties involved in the oil subsidy probe from the inception of the high calibre probe embarked on by the Honourable Farouk Lawan-led committee.

The security agency was said to have been alerted by persistent allegations of bribe taking and demand for bribes made against key members of the probe committee.

For instance, it was learnt that some oil marketers were said to have raised the alarm that they were scandalised in the report of the House because they refused to meet some officials of the adhoc committee for closed-door discussions .Sources, however, said the Service was later to approach an oil magnate who was said to have also been asked to pay a certain amount as bribe by some persons fronting for the committee.

But the oil magnate was said to have agreed to help facilitate a proof for the security agency by entering into direct talks with a key member of the adhoc committee.

Sources confirmed that a pen recorder was then made available to the oil chief, who used the same to record his discussions with a top member of the House Committee involved in the bribe scandal.

“The Service got him in audio and in video. He collected the money and they have since invited the leadership of the House of Representatives to watch the film,” a source said, adding, however, that the SSS decided not to dabble into issues that are not strictly linked with security, a development that made it to transfer the tape to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

It was gathered that before handling the investigation of the scam, the Service had shown the video to the leadership of the House, including the speaker, Honourable Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

Besides the $600,000 said to have been collected by the representative, he was also said to be expecting a balance of $2.4 million after doing the job requested of him by the oil magnate.

But sources in the National Assembly said members of the committee were taken aback by the conduct of their member who was said to have consistently denied taking any bribe during the process of compilation of the report.

“We had suspected along the line that money was exchanging hands. Some people claimed that the sum of $3 million was given to a member by an oil concern in Port Harcourt. Others said another set of industry players doled out the sum of $1 million to get protection in the report.

“In all, it was gathered that about $10 million was involved in the bribe saga.

“The EFCC has been alerted on the possibility of the sum rising to $10 million. The total amount involved in the bribe saga is about $10 million (about N1.5 billion). The money was said to have come from different sources,” one of the sources told Sunday Tribune.

It was learnt that some enraged members of the committee have vowed not to protect any individual over this matter.

Sources, however, said on Saturday that moves were afoot by some powerful forces in Abuja to stall the prosecution of the House member.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives maintained on Saturday that it would not stand with corruption in the face of bribery allegation levelled against the committee.

The Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Honourable Zakari Muhammed, in a statement obtained by Sunday Tribune, said “the attention of the House has been drawn to reports alleging that one of its members has, in the course of his committee work as a member of the ad hoc committee which investigated the subsidy regime, allegedly received a gratification from an oil baron to exonerate his companies from complicity in the oil subsidy scam.”

The lawmaker added that, "while we await investigation into these weighty accusations, we wish to state without equivocation that this honourable House will never take side with corruption and we will always stand on the side of the rule of law.”

The statement also said “the reason we inaugurated the adhoc committee to look into the controversial subsidy regime in the first place was to expose corruption in the sector. As such, we cannot, for whatever reason, support any underhand dealing from any quarter.

“However, these accusations, whatever their merits, do not detract from the quality of the work done by the committee. The report of that committee was adopted by the whole House and we stand by the resolutions of the House.

“The present House of Representatives will not relent in it's efforts to render quality legislation and oversight functions to Nigerians. Today, we are gradually beginning to see the end of this monstrosity that has bedeviled our progress as a nation for so long.

"We hope that the executive will not, because of this allegation, abandon it's commitment towards bringing to justice the culprits already identified in the committee's report.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/7547-subsidy-probe-how-sss-burst-3m-bribery-scandal-oil-chief-used-pen-recorder-to-nail-rep-we-wont-side-with-corruption-house
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by acidtalk: 1:36am On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf:

Doesn't the fact that I am not Reno Omokri prove that you have mental problems?
Dude, you are mad and sound mad.

I am still waiting for you to say amen to your own prayer, you creature of the toilet.

You are a "born to rule" thief like your father, Farouk Lawan.

Just the same way you have been crying about "I am not beaf" is exactly the same way you are shouting "I am not reno omokri".

Even those in the Cemetery know billionyniare is beaf and beaf is reno omokri and you arethe first SON OF LUCIFER

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 1:41am On Jun 10, 2012
acidtalk:

Just the same way you have been crying about "I am not beaf" is exactly the same way you are shouting "I am not reno omokri".

Even those in the Cemetery know billionyniare is beaf and beaf is reno omokri and you arethe first SON OF LUCIFER

How can I cry that I am not Beaf? shocked
It is now evident that you have deep mental problems.

Your father is Lucifer and your mother is Baphomet. I am still waiting for you to say amen to your prayer. I said amen to it easily, but you have failed when challenged to do the same. I wonder why?

Here is your prayer. Say amen to it, fool:
https://www.nairaland.com/959606/farouk-lawan-subsidy-probe-committee/9#11065431
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by lanrefront1(m): 2:49am On Jun 10, 2012
My take is this: this event, which is sad does not prove that the Subsidy scam report of or subsidy issue shoud be abandoned. It's qiute the opposite; it proves there is even a greater need to focus more energy and further investigation on the subsdiy scam and oil marketers in the country.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 3:05am On Jun 10, 2012
lanre_front: My take is this: this event, which is sad does not prove that the Subsidy scam report of or subsidy issue shoud be abandoned. It's qiute the opposite; it proves there is even a greater need to focus more energy and further investigation on the subsdiy scam and oil marketers in the country.

Thank you, bro. Simple and plain. cool
Those phuckers called Lawan and Tambuwal simply saw the scam probe as a means to play 2015 "rotation" politics. So, they pointed at only a few sods, but it is quite certain that the number of criminals and total amount scammed are several times less than the actual figures.

A fact that really boggles the mind, is that the likes of Rilwan Lukman were never summoned to face the reps. Rilwan Lukman was the:

Petroleum Minister from February 1986 to February 1990;
Secretary General of OPEC from January 1995 to December 2000;
Special Adviser on Petroleum and Energy Matters to the President in June 1999 to 2003;
Petroleum Minister (round two) from December 2008 to March 2010.

WTF where the reps probing if they couldn't summon Rilwan Lukman, even if only for a cup of tea?! angry angry angry angry

If anything, we must demand an explosion in the number of criminals caught, as well as the jailing of those like Lawan who acted in brazen ways to direct the ship of state to the rocks, while declaring themselves to be saints.

I says, "get all the bastards!" Every last one.

Nigerians are too easily fooled.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by moshoodn(m): 3:43am On Jun 10, 2012
jamace: "When you fight corruption, corruption fights you back", this is what is going on now.

Nigerians know what is happening so one can fool us to believe this trash. The aim is to smear the image of the amiable Farouk since he refused to mellow down the subsidy report.

THE GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMARTER. . .
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by butpro(m): 5:32am On Jun 10, 2012
grin[quote author=Beaf]

You tried to derail the thread with your frantic stup!dy, bro.
Farouk Lawan was nabbed with marked notes; all you demons that think they can decieve the public will be exposed.
;DNematode) I wonder u answer most myopic fools on nairaland! GEJ is responsible for their stupidity!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by tit(f): 6:07am On Jun 10, 2012
I am surprised farouk lawan has not come out quickly to refute this story/allegation?
Did he go for lesser hajj or is he already singing?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 10, 2012
tit: I am surprised farouk lawan has not come out quickly to refute this story/allegation?
Surprises me too bro, the bribe taking nematode has gone into hiding, he will be fished out tomorrow by the EFCC
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 10, 2012
tit: I am surprised farouk lawan has not come out quickly to refute this story/allegation?
. Pls guys is this news confirmed? I just want to be sure it's not a rumor like the HID Awolowo death.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by niyitogun(m): 6:56am On Jun 10, 2012
It's simply obvious they are trying to turn the tables on Mr Farouk lawan, they are simply mistaken to think they can fool Nogerians easily...
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by bakila: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Its to show that nobody holy pass. From Legislators to Cabal are all corrupt, they keep instigating the ignorant masses against the executives.

Rathe from Executives, Legislature to Cabal all are thieve please say it out, you will score you point in the examination even if you dont mention he whose name should not be mention by you if he is wrong the examiner knows him.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2012
bakila:

Rathe from Executives, Legislature to Cabal all are thieve please say it out, you will score you point in the examination even if you dont mention he whose name should not be mention by you if he is wrong the examiner knows him.
Am sorry, please say it again ?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Amaechi1985: 7:20am On Jun 10, 2012
If lawan is involved in such scandal,"which of our leaders would nigerian trust again".God help us oh for our leaders are kill us.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by dustydee: 7:49am On Jun 10, 2012
16 Do not be overawed when others grow rich,
when the splendor of their houses increases;
17 for they will take nothing with them when they die,
their splendor will not descend with them.
18 Though while they live they count themselves blessed—
and people praise you when you prosper—
19 they will join those who have gone before them,
who will never again see the light of life.

20 Human beings who have wealth but lack understanding
are like the beasts that perish.
Psalm49:16-20
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by laden: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf or wht is d ur fuckin name.kai,u r most clueless nd cockroach brained person I ever heard of in my life.did u realy knw dis man calld farouk lawan,ave u ever meet him.hw culd a man in his rite finkin believe such a baseless,cooked nd bastard write up dat he was given $600k,dat twas recorded.kai,wht a pity 4 dis useless pple.I can bet it wit last drop of my blood,he can neva demean himself,did u knw d reputables dis man had built overtime,hw somone b tellin us dat pple lik Gani fawehin of blessed memory collectd bribe,its absurb.its only a bamboon lik u nd d Gej causus wil belive such story.jst another way of distractin d attention,a way of heating d polity.dis is a man dat has liv an exemplarly lif.pls com to Abuja nd meet dis man,his lifestyle,his family members,then u wil knw u r wrong.let them investigate it,we r all watchin,if its d true farouk or his dead body dat appeared in d video clip,we shal see.I beggi jst kip dat tin u calld mouth shut.olodo
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maasoap(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2012
@Beaf (Billyonaire), you're very sick and mentally imbalanced. You irritate people here a lot. Sometimes I wonder if you're not planted here by Seun to be pro-"Jona the clueless" to ensure heavy traffic. Can't you see that this country is slowly but surely going the way of Somalia, not because of Boko Haram crisis but because of corruption, looting and embezzlement that is really plunging people beneath poverty line. Because I don't understand why you're dancing all over this thread day and night (using two ids) just because Farouk took bribe. If he actually took bribe, has that exonerated those that were involved in fuel subsidy that jumped from less than 300 billion naira to over 2.5 trillion naira?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 10, 2012
maasoap: @Beaf (Billyonaire), you're very sick and mentally imbalanced. You irritate people here a lot. Sometimes I wonder if you're not planted here by Seun to be pro-"Jona the clueless" to ensure heavy traffic. Can't you see that this country is slowly but surely going the way of Somalia, not because of Boko Haram crisis but because of corruption, looting and embezzlement that is really plunging people beneath poverty line. Because I don't understand why you're dancing all over this thread day and night (using two ids) just because Farouk took bribe. If he actually took bribe, has that exonerated those that were involved in fuel subsidy that jumped from less than 300 billion naira to over 2.5 trillion naira?
The bolden shows how unreasonable you are, maggot
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2012

BEHOLD, THE ENEMY OF NIGERIANS
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 8:11am On Jun 10, 2012
What was our take on this

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/54305-patience-we-watching.html

Patience, we are watching

By Wale Fatade

May 8, 2010

Shortly after the general elections of 2007, an American organisation embarked on a capacity building initiative for the then Vice President-elect, Goodluck Jonathan. The programme comprised visits to some governmental institutions in the United States and short courses at some of the country's leading universities. But there was a domestic snag for Mr. Jonathan, the freshly minted president of Nigeria.

Patience Faka Jonathan, his wife, desperately wanted to be on the trip. Consistently, she worried her husband to take her along on the trip, but the organisers said that was impossible as there was no provision for spouses during the trip. Yet, Mrs. Jonathan continued to worry her husband while using her mobile phone to monitor his movements. She was afraid, she admitted to one of Mr. Jonathan's aides, of her husband and strange women.

Madam, please don't worry. We are only going for seminars; there are no women accompanying us on this trip, an exasperated aide told Mrs. Jonathan. Please watch him for me o. I cant allow any woman to snatch him o, she said loudly on the phone to the aide.

Exercising control

Aides and associates have reported how the new First Lady loves to be in control, how she has a strong personality, and how her husband defers to her on certain matters.

Of course, this is not strange, because contrary to popular belief, women really exercise greater power than their spouses in certain instances.

Just think of medieval wars that were fought to win womens hearts, and how former American President, Bill Clinton, campaigned that, for the price of one, you get two meaning his wife, Hilary, will be an active participant in governance. The resultant failure in the inability to push the health care policy bill during that period has been attributed, in some quarters, to the meddlesomeness of Mrs. Clinton in her husband's government.

In contemporary Nigeria, a popular thinking is that perhaps, the late Umaru Yar'Adua would have received greater sympathy if not that his wife hijacked him and screened off most people from having access to her him.

Words like cabal became the order of the day, with Turai Yar'Adua giving orders, even to state officials. It was also said that she nominated people into her husbands cabinet. Yet, the office of the First Lady is not recognised in the country's Constitution. A careful look at the pictures of the movement of the late president's body from Aso Rock, and the burial in Katsian, will show a woman whose face not only expressed grief, but bewilderment at a reality of life - death. Mrs. YarAdua seemed to be asking, Is it really over?

Beyond pillow talk

There have been reports that Mrs. Jonathans input into her husbands cabinet goes beyond pillow talk, to her also nominating people into the cabinet. But we are watching. Nigerians will remember how in August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agents seized N104 million from one Nancy Ebere Nwosu, said to be an associate of Mrs. Jonathan. On 22 August, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere, of the Federal High Court, gave the commission legal backing to retain the money pending the conclusion of investigation.

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the greediest person in Bayelsa State.

It is up to the First Lady to prove them wrong. She is not a member of this government, but a wife to the head of government, and so must learn to maintain the dignity that goes with her new office.

It was good enough that her husband acknowledged her in his acceptance speech. But it will be best if she recognises her limits and be conscious of what is decent. Again, Nigerians are watching Patience Jonathan.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Nex...e_watching.csp
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2012

Fresh scandal brews over Farouk Lawan’s $600,000 bribery scandal
ON JUNE 9, 2012 • IN NEWS
11:06 am
BY OKEY NDIRIBE AND EMMAN OVUAKPORIE

ABUJA-There are indications that fresh trouble is brewing at the House of Representatives over allegations that Chairman of the House’s Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy Hon. Farouk Lawan was involved in a bribery scandal worth $600,000 last month.
Already there are speculations that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have invited Hon Lawan over the bribery allegation which sources say have already resulted in the Speaker of the House Hon. Aminu Tambuwal disowning the legislator over the messy incident.
It was gathered that Tambuwal had confronted Lawan over the issue in a meeting of Principal officers of the House where the Chairman of the Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy was summoned to defend himself over the allegation.
Sources said that Hon. Lawan had initially denied the allegation when it was put to him by the Speaker but froze in shock when he was confronted with details of what transpired at the address where officials of an unnamed oil company had given him the huge amount of foreign currency which had been marked.
It was further gathered that unknown to Hon Lawan, the entire incident was recorded by video after which copies were sent to a former Head of State who handed it over to Tambuwal.
It would be recalled that in the wake of the controversy that was generated over the Federal Government’s planned total withdrawal of subsidy from petroleum products last January, the House of Representatives set up the Adhoc Committee to probe how the subsidy fund that was appropriated by the National Assembly in the past had been disbursed.
Among the findings of the House was that despite the fact that only N400 billion was appropriated for payment of oil subsidy in 2011, over one trillion naira was spent. It was also alleged that a lot of the payments were made to phoney companies.

SOURCE http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/fresh-scandal-brews-over-farouk-lawans-600000-bribery-scandal/
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maasoap(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf:

Thank you, bro. Simple and plain. cool
Those phuckers called Lawan and Tambuwal simply saw the scam probe as a means to play 2015 "rotation" politics. So, they pointed at only a few sods, but it is quite certain that the number of criminals and total amount scammed are several times less than the actual figures.

A fact that really boggles the mind, is that the likes of Rilwan Lukman were never summoned to face the reps. Rilwan Lukman was the:

Petroleum Minister from February 1986 to February 1990;
Secretary General of OPEC from January 1995 to December 2000;
Special Adviser on Petroleum and Energy Matters to the President in June 1999 to 2003;
Petroleum Minister (round two) from December 2008 to March 2010.

WTF where the reps probing if they couldn't summon Rilwan Lukman, even if only for a cup of tea?! angry angry angry angry

If anything, we must demand an explosion in the number of criminals caught, as well as the jailing of those like Lawan who acted in brazen ways to direct the ship of state to the rocks, while declaring themselves to be saints.

I says, "get all the bastards!" Every last one.

Nigerians are too easily fooled.
You see now? I just said it that you're sick. How much was budgeted for subsidy payment under Obj and Yar'dua yearly? Less than 300 billion naira of course! How much was budgeted in 2011 under Jona? Less than 400 billion naira of course. As at May this year, ministry of finance has paid over 2.5 trillion naira on last year subsidy alone! Even more than half of this year subsidy fund has been used in paying last year subsidy to the extent that Iweala had to suspend the payment for the meantime. And here you're, telling us that the amount that was scammed was actually less than what the report indicated. Even at over 2.5 trillion naira paid so far, there still remains many importers to be paid for 2011 alone. @Beaf, you're sick.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by BetaThings: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2012
The people castigating Farouk are right
But what is their take on this
We should abhor corruption from EVERY quarter

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Articles/artopn3722.html

" During my search for other primary evidence on this matter, I stumbled on a case with a suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06, filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja. As indicated in this file, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu-led EFCC named Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The amount in question was stated in this file to be laundered on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck into a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor.

Still not satisfied with this new primary source on the issue at hand, further effort was exerted to dig into the archive. Again, we stumbled on the EFFC’s affidavit used in supporting the above mentioned suit’s originating summons. In this document, Ofem Uket, the then EFCC prosecuting officer declared, “Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos”.

To further establish the veracity of this discovery, I was forced to search for a court ruling on this matter. Findings revealed that o n August 22, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere who then was at the Federal High Court, Abuja presided over the EFCC’s application on this case and ruled that, "leave is hereby granted to the Executive Chairman of the EFCC to ... freeze the bank accounts of the persons referred to as the account holders pending the conclusion of the investigation of the activities of the said persons in connection with their involvement in the acts of money laundering and other economic and financial crimes related offences".

Given that the combined use of both primary and secondary sources is needed to make a reliable historical narration, effort was also directed at newspaper reportage of this suit and judgement. Among many others, in its 11 September, 2006 edition, a story under the caption,” EFCC seizes N104m from Bayelsa Governor’s Wife” featured in the Punch, Nigeria’s most widely read newspaper. The news item was put together by Sam Akpe and Tobi Soniyi, Abuja. When cross-examined with our newly found primary sources, we observed consistency between contents of the newly discovered primary resources on this matter and this news reportage. It may be interesting to produce parts of these documents which highlight how EFCC arrived at the conclusion that the laundered money in question involved Jonathan and Madam Patience.

As shown in these documents, Mallam Ribadu-led EFCC stated: Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu through whom the money in question was laundered“had been evasive in her earlier statements.But when confronted with further evidence, she said, ”I voluntary elect to state as follows: My earlier statements were made while I was very disorganised by the overwhelming questions I had to deal with.” “She then admitted that Mr. Godwill Oba told her that Mrs.Jonathan wanted to give him (Oba) some work and that she (Mrs. Jonathan) would advance the mobilisation money to him (Oba) through her (Nwosu) account. She said, “When Oba came for the money to be withdrawn, I confirmed from Her Excellency, Mrs. Patience Jonathan that she wanted the intended project money to be withdrawn.” “I know that Her Excellency is related to Oba. I confirmed from Her Excellency that the money could be made in favour of Oba.”

As further observed in one of these documents, Ribadu-led EFCC declared that, “Investigations into the laundering of the N70m into Finviclaud with Access Bank Plc cheque revealed that the money was deposited into the account with a First Bank of Nigeria Plc cheque number 3292010060711 for N70m, a personal current account drawn on Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited at the Niger House Marina branch.” “ Nwosu then transferred the N70m from the account into another account operated by Fivviclaud at the Access Bank Plc, Apapa branch, Lagos.” ”Our investigations at the two banks – First Bank and Access Bank – showed that Nwosu of No 2A Araromi Street, Lagos Island, is the sole signatory to the two accounts.”

Given new insights which these documents have offered us, one is bound to raise the following questions. Is it possible that Jonathan and Patience Goodluck are not aware of this court suit? If they do, why is it that they merely rely on Ribadu’s statement of exoneration to establish their innocence and not on any competent court’s judgment? Can it be said that their refusal to back up their claim of exoneration with a competent court’s judgment or make allusion to any pending court case on this matter is an attempt to burry facts of history and hoodwink the masses? While readers are at liberty to find appropriate responses to these questions, one is tempted to suppose that Jonathan and Patience are playing the blame-trade and using power to cover up a past which is inherently part of their persons and a leading reason why our today is miserable. "
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 10, 2012
maasoap: You see now? I just said it that you're sick. How much was budgeted for subsidy payment under Obj and Yar'dua yearly? Less than 300 billion naira of course! How much was budgeted in 2011 under Jona? Less than 400 billion naira of course. As at May this year, ministry of finance has paid over 2.5 trillion naira on last year subsidy alone! Even more than half of this year subsidy fund has been used in paying last year subsidy to the extent that Iweala had to suspend the payment for the meantime. And here you're, telling us that the amount that was scammed was actually less than what the report indicated. Even at over 2.5 trillion naira paid so far, there still remains many importers to be paid for 2011 alone. @Beaf, you're sick.
Can anyone educate you on this or it meant for Beaf ? 1. Inflation is economics terms 2. Subsidy fraud is second reason, and its for that fraud that the Reps Panel headed by the thievery Faroul Lawan was set up to unravel the people who received fraudulent subsidy, and Farouk Lawan TOOK BRIBE and conceal the information. FAROUK LAWAN is an enemy of the Nigerian Masses for taking blood bribe.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by nuclearboy(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2012
The house of representatives needed this lesson! I am certain the Senate too is watching!grin

This at the end will be the undoing of corruption in Nigeria because if truly (as many people on this thread seem to believe), it is the executive setting up the NASS, it will turn the NASS from a rubber-stamp body into a fighting tool with teeth!

Its a battle won by the executive but if a setup, they forget its a war and this is not the last battle in the war!

I await conclusion of the investigation and sincerely hope that Lawan is thrown under the bus if truly he was guilty! But I keep saying "today belongs to the executive! Who knows who will own tomorrow?" for this will definitely split PDP with everyone NOW aware that GEJ does not follow any rules but his own (and current friends) survival! They will have their own day and let's not forget - "the bigger they come, the harder they fall" - Lawan is small fry! GEJ's day is coming and I assure - there will be no mercy!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by acidtalk: 8:29am On Jun 10, 2012
laden: Beaf or wht is d ur fuckin name.kai,u r most clueless nd cockroach brained person I ever heard of in my life.did u realy knw dis man calld farouk lawan,ave u ever meet him.hw culd a man in his rite finkin believe such a baseless,cooked nd bastard write up dat he was given $600k,dat twas recorded.kai,wht a pity 4 dis useless pple.I can bet it wit last drop of my blood,he can neva demean himself,did u knw d reputables dis man had built overtime,hw somone b tellin us dat pple lik Gani fawehin of blessed memory collectd bribe,its absurb.its only a bamboon lik u nd d Gej causus wil belive such story.jst another way of distractin d attention,a way of heating d polity.dis is a man dat has liv an exemplarly lif.pls com to Abuja nd meet dis man,his lifestyle,his family members,then u wil knw u r wrong.let them investigate it,we r all watchin,if its d true farouk or his dead body dat appeared in d video clip,we shal see.I beggi jst kip dat tin u calld mouth shut.olodo

A piece of advice,

Never Ever vouch for any man no matter how close you are to him. (Especially with your last blood).

The integrity and dignity of a man could easily be bought especially when money is involved.

If they claim he was caught on video (which I won't dispute) then it is either Lawa issues a press statement to debunk the allegation or he is totally guilty.

Nigerian Politicians are never ever to be trusted.

Even Bill Cliton, tony Blair and the others at one point or the order fell for some certain temptation (Woman, contracts and the rest) not to talk of Nigerians that fall cheaply all the time.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2012
nuclearboy: The house of representatives needed this lesson! I am certain the Senate too is watching!grin

This at the end will be the undoing of corruption in Nigeria because if truly (as many people on this thread seem to believe), it is the executive setting up the NASS, it will turn the NASS from a rubber-stamp body into a fighting tool with teeth!

Its a battle won by the executive but if a setup, they forget its a war and this is not the last battle in the war!

I await conclusion of the investigation and sincerely hope that Lawan is thrown under the bus if truly he was guilty! But I keep saying "today belongs to the executive! Who knows who will own tomorrow?" for this will definitely split PDP with everyone NOW aware that GEJ does not follow any rules but his own (and current friends) survival! They will have their own day and let's not forget - "the bigger they come, the harder they fall" - Lawan is small fry! GEJ's day is coming and I assure - there will be no mercy!
We dont pray for a bigger version of this betrayal of the trust we had on Farouk Lawan, the little man fall my hands big time. I never anticipated that he was this wicked. Nigerians should rally around to make sure the enemies of this country are jailed. How can Farouk sell integrity for $3m. Its a fat shame!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maasoap(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: The bolden shows how unreasonable you are, maggot
Rather, it actually showed how reasonable I am. If he took bribe as you claimed, let him face charges. But that has not in any way exonerated oil subsidy thieves from oil minister, to finance minister, to CBN gov. to members of the executives, to oil importers, and to individuals. The report still stands. But for Farouk, he's just an upright man that can't be subdued that easily. We know that this campaign is not targeting him but executives are just looking for a way to throw the report into a dust bin and maintain status quo. You know, they're looking for an avenue to throw away the baby with bad water.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2012
maasoap: Rather, it actually showed how reasonable I am. If he took bribe as you claimed, let him face charges. But that has not in any way exonerated oil subsidy thieves from oil minister, to finance minister, to CBN gov. to members of the executives, to oil importers, and to individuals. The report still stands. But for Farouk, he's just an upright man that can't be subdued that easily. We know that this campaign is not targeting him but executives are just looking for a way to throw the report into a dust bin and maintain status quo. You know, they're looking for an avenue to throw away the baby with bad water.
The Probe Panel was an effort to unravel the truth about subsidy fraud no be so Now, why would I take it lightly with someone we entrusted with the sensitive job of bringing to light the very reason this country revolted as never before during the subsidy saga. I am not against continuous probe and indictment of those who perpetrated the scam, but my annoyance is, Who will bell the cat, We entrusted Farouk with the task, now he has taken us 6 months backwards, we have to start all over again. Farouk Lawan deserves street justice.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by nuclearboy(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2012
Billyonaire: We dont pray for a bigger version of this betrayal of the trust we had on Farouk Lawan, the little man fall my hands big time. I never anticipated that he was this wicked. Nigerians should rally around to make sure the enemies of this country are jailed. How can Farouk sell integrity for $3m. Its a fat shame!

I PRAY that all of them (starting from Jonathan down to local government chairmen) who have stolen Nigeria's Commonwealth be disgraced as much or MORe than this man if indeed it is discovered he did take a bribe!

None of them will prosper
They will bury their children themselves
Their generations will be forgotten
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2012
nuclearboy:

I PRAY that all of them (starting from Jonathan down to local government chairmen) who have stolen Nigeria's Commonwealth be disgraced as much or MORe than this man if indeed it is discovered he did take a bribe!

None of them will prosper
They will bury their children themselves
Their generations will be forgotten
AMEN, But lets start with who we have caught on video tape, abi no be so ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... / Judge Flees As Thugs Disrupt Proceedings Against Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.