Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting (31627 Views)

ACCA Nigeria Exemptions ICAN & BSC Accounting / Bsc(ed),business Education Accounting Option. Vs. Bsc Accounting / Bsc Biochemistry Vs Bsc Community Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by ishmael(m): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
Where are you guys? We still need ur contributions.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by Kingscollege(m): 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
gaskydudu: Well, this is because the HND graduates have more to prove than the BSc Accounting graduates. Check the stats again, i'm sure there is a higher pass rate in no accounting BSc graduates than Accounting. I did not study Accounting in my BSc and i'm a qualified accountant. There are many more of us from Engineering, Sciences and Social Sciences.
I am not an accoutant but i can do better than a Bsc accounting graduate. I hold HND in purchasing and supply management frm kadpoly, i do lecture a university students accounting method ABU students 2b precise.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by Gasout(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2013
The HND graduate put in more effort and seriousness in ICAN than their Uni counterpart because it would serve as an edge to them in the labour market and sometimes it depends on the intelligent of the individual. I REST MY CASE
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by ishmael(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Gasout: The HND graduate put in more effort and seriousness in ICAN than their Uni counterpart because it would serve as an edge to them in the labour market and sometimes it depends on the intelligent of the individual. I REST MY CASE
Yes, it depends on the intelligence and seriousness of the individual. Most HND Acct graduates, because of the discrimination they face tend to work extra hard to pass the ICAN exams, and also they've been exposed to past ICAN questions while studying in the polytechnic.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by ishmael(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Gasout: The HND graduate put in more effort and seriousness in ICAN than their Uni counterpart because it would serve as an edge to them in the labour market and sometimes it depends on the intelligent of the individual. I REST MY CASE
i wish other professional courses can have exams bodies like ICAN where a level playing ground is given to both HND and Bsc holders.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by whatweneed: 1:03am On Jul 11, 2013
Hi
this job thing! God help us all, anyway i hope this information will be helpful to somebody.

(1)vacancy for the position of a marketing manager
* He/She should who is able to coordinate other people
* should have up to 3yr working experiences
* should be able to design ways of meetig the target audience
* solution oriented
qualification: Bs.c/ Hnd other certificate will be an added advantage

(2)the position of a marketing officer
* should be able to meet target
* out spoken and should be fluent in English language
* should have integrity
* should be subject to authority
qulification: Bs.c/ Hnd other certificate will be an added advantage

send your CV to info@legacyprime.com or legacy.prime@yahoo.com

company's name is legacy prime. the are into trainings
i belive this is a good one if you are interest. i wish you the best
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by ishmael(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Are u good in conducting research? Can u work with a team of researchers? I want us to carry out a good research study to find out if there is a significant difference btw poly HND graduates and uni Bsc/BA graduates. We don't need to be assuming all the time like most nigerians do, that the university graduates are better than the polytechnic graduates. We want to gather facts and test emperically to see the outcome. I need guys that can collaborate with me in doing this, and we shall post the findings and results here on nairaland. Pls indicate interest if u want to take part and i will tell u the role to play. N.B. It's just a social research work and not a research project work for the award of a degree or diploma.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2013
Bsc or HND?

Develop yourself.

2 Likes

Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by ishmael(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Onainor Samuel :
Bsc or HND?
Develop yourself.
That's not the issue. Why the discrimination in the first place? Where are Bsc holders given leverage over HND holders?
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by meshinoye(m): 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
accountancy is the profession while accounting is the methodology. It has nothing to do with university or polytechnic, universities in UK run B.Sc in Accountancy.

A friend of mine hold B.Sc(Hons) in Accountancy from Nottingham University in UK( www. Nottingham.ac.uk). Thesame university also run a separate B.Sc(Hons) in Accounting.

Conclusion, they are not thesame (Pharmacology and Pharmacy are not thesame) PSN don't accept Pharmacology its either B.Pharm or nothing.
Re: HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting by wozup: 2:16pm On May 07, 2019
yemmyma:
Of course this is a very good topic where statistics could have been the judge. But in the absence of it, i have also heard things like Polytechnic graduates do well in the ICAN exam or also more particular to Yabatech graduates of Accountancy.

My aunt had her HND in Accountancy from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic with her ICAN PE whatever it is called exam in 1998.She was exempted from the National Diploma. She has worked in the Local Government all her life even before she started the HND. Unfortunately for financial reasons she did not finish the ICAN professional qualification ever since. This HND has hindered her chances of getting to the top her civil service work for a long time. Talking about 16years in the civil service.

In 2007 my aunts boss who had a Masters in Accounting from a top top University in Nigeria bought forms for herself and my aunt to partake in the Association of National Accountant of Nigeria professional exam. During these times my aunt could not study much because she was pregnant. She put to bed two weeks before the examination. When the results came out my aunt passed all her modules earning the qualification at one sitting while her boss did not pass hers.

Like i have said before Nigerian universities and polytechnic are the same. The difference is in the individual

Bro
Pls I have a friend that has HND in accounting and he's planing of doing top up that is HND conversation to BSc.

I told him to go for ICAN instead but he said his elder brother said he should do top up that BSc holder earn more and got promotion quick that ICAN holder at work.. What's your suggestion on this

Pls note my friend just finished his nysc service last year he has not started working.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.